PDA

View Full Version : Accu Rak alters rack check

Kracken
10-30-2015, 07:31 AM
I have watched the US open over the past few days and noticed the change from the rack being checked for tightness to the rack being checked for gaps by the non racking player. By doing this, is the non racking player imparting gap knowledge to the racking player, assuming the non racking player is unaware?

BmoreMoney
10-30-2015, 07:37 AM
I have watched the US open over the past few days and noticed the change from the rack being checked for tightness to the rack being checked for gaps by the non racking player. By doing this, is the non racking player imparting gap knowledge to the racking player, assuming the non racking player is unaware?

Thought these things were supposedly to eliminate gaps and garunteed rack tightness every rack? If that's not the case what's the point?

BRussell
10-30-2015, 07:40 AM
I don't see how the non-breaking player can be allowed to check the rack. Can the non-breaking player ask for the breaker to re-rack? :scratches head:

billiardthought
10-30-2015, 08:02 AM
I don't see how the non-breaking player can be allowed to check the rack. Can the non-breaking player ask for the breaker to re-rack? :scratches head:

If the opponent can't check, what is to prevent the breaker from manipulating in their favor?

Bigdogbret
10-30-2015, 08:34 AM

Yes, by rule the non racking player has the right to check the rack and if unsatisfied can ask for a rerack. Player may be checking for straightness, or anything else the breaking player may have done to give himself a advantage on the break.

ChicagoJoe
10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Thought these things were supposedly to eliminate gaps and garunteed rack tightness every rack? If that's not the case what's the point?

Dont think they're checking for gaps.