PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about this one last time.

7forlife
10-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Cheng Yu-Hsuan aka Kevin aka Mr 2015 US Open Champ has the style of pool that I aspire to have, now i'm not talking skill i'm talking pace which also points to why I like Ralf, but he can be slow at times.

Now how many of you consider Kevin to be a slow player and hold him to that same standard that I believe has been mentioned here in the past. I like everything about his process and believe that it is this relaxed level of play that some tell me I need to achieve to truly hit my stride. "I feel i'm more complicated than that but they say no"

JB Cases
10-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Kevins pace was fine and he was very careful to plan his shots out. Especially the tricky caroms and tickies.

Every player should aspire to play like him.

Eric.
10-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Methodical, measured but... Not slow.

He's no Time Bandit :)

Eric

BeiberLvr
10-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Shot clock played a big part I think.

dnschmidt
10-30-2015, 08:27 PM
He's slow. but not Raif slow or Stevie Moore slow. Just slow.

7forlife
10-30-2015, 09:07 PM
He's slow. but not Raif slow or Stevie Moore slow. Just slow.

agree with everyone else not quite with you schmidt, not arguing with you just disagreeing. While I do agree that it is slower than some I think it is a well respected slow or rather "pace" and one that shows the IMO true quality of the mental and physical qualities of pool.

Gunn_Slinger
10-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Lol. He took longer to break the balls than to shoot most shots. I like the way he played, but I think his speed would slow down without a shot clock.
I fear that all his movements and tic's before he shoots will get more and more until it effects his game. I hope not. Great game.

PoloBob
10-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Meh, there was a fault with the clock in the finals. Karl was allowed an extra extension. It didn't change the outcome of that particular rack, but there was sill that miscommunication.

I can't speak as to how pivotal a stipulation it was as a deciding factor, but I wasn't upset with the overall pace of the match.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it

King T
10-31-2015, 01:16 AM
Lol. He took longer to break the balls than to shoot most shots. I like the way he played, but I think his speed would slow down without a shot clock.
I fear that all his movements and tic's before he shoots will get more and more until it effects his game. I hope not. Great game.

Its not going to hurt his game, Ive watched him gamble and he plays the same way. He misses what he misses, but it aint because of his pace, he just wants to make sure he is doing what he intends to.

Strong Player and a nice guy, Congrats.

arps
10-31-2015, 01:35 AM
kevin is a very careful player - that's how i describe him. if he goes down to aim for a shot and he does not feel right, he stands up and repeat his entire shot-making routine.

Colonel
10-31-2015, 03:25 AM

^^^^^ this, his play DOES slow down without a shot clock but Charlie Williams & Danny Basavich are the all time world champion slow players.

Cracktherack
10-31-2015, 03:27 AM
kevin is a very careful player - that's how i describe him. if he goes down to aim for a shot and he does not feel right, he stands up and repeat his entire shot-making routine.

Watch a whole new generation of players adopt that style of play and the pool audience will dwindle.
Get down, stand up, get down again, stand up again. "Time!"

Maxx
10-31-2015, 06:12 AM
In the matches that I watched I didn't think he was slow at all.

Glad he won, congratulations on a job well done