PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tip selection on a Meucci Original 88-3

DJ14.1
10-31-2015, 09:09 AM
In my younger days, I logged a ton of hours with a Meucci Original 88-3 (the blue stained one with the arrows) and a Le Pro tip. Decades later I still never really experimented with different tips much. Maybe some of you that have can give me some advice.

I still love the hit of the Original, but thought I'd update it to one of the modern tips.

What tips would be a good combination with the Meucci Original,and why?

I know....it depends on what you like and your style. But that's the thing, I have no idea. I've spent years playing runout pool without really caring what tip was on the stick to be honest.

Any help steering me in a decent direction would be appreciated. I truly want advice from someone who knows how that stick hits and what a good tip pairing would be, but any good general advice will do also. Cost is no object, but I don't want to spend high with no good reason....it's not in my DNA :-)

Maybe I want something kindof all-purpose? Just as FYI, I refuse to be that guy that experiments with a bunch of them :-) I'm simply not that picky.

Suggestions?

Thanks

maestro de pool
10-31-2015, 09:12 AM
In my younger days, I logged a ton of hours with a Meucci Original 88-3 (the blue stained one with the arrows) and a Le Pro tip. Decades later I still never really experimented with different tips much. Maybe some of you that have can give me some advice.

I still love the hit of the Original, but thought I'd update it to one of the modern tips.

I know....it depends on what you like and your style. But that's the thing, I have no idea. I've spent years playing runout pool without really caring what tip was on the stick to be honest.

Any help steering me in a decent direction would be appreciated. I truly want advice from someone who knows how that stick hits and what a good tip pairing would be, but any good general advice will do also. Cost is no object, but I don't want to spend high with no good reason....it's not in my DNA :-)

Maybe I want something kindof all-purpose? Just as FYI, I refuse to be that guy that experiments with a bunch of them :-) I'm simply not that picky.

Suggestions?

Thanks

thats why:
http://www.kamuitips.com/store/Details.cfm?ProdID=109&category=4

rjb1168
10-31-2015, 09:28 AM

Suggestions?

Thanks

Triangle is what i use, i tried everything else and keep going back to triangle. I shoot with a Meucci mo-1 circa 1975 this is my bar league player & apa 9 ball player. I have lots of high end cues but nothing feels as good to me as the mo-1.
Good Luck,
rjb1168

poolguy4u
10-31-2015, 10:35 AM
:bow-down:

I play with a Meucci and I use Tiger green Emerald Tips.

I use them because they are cheap, inexpensive, really easy to machine and

easy to work with. I like how they hit. I don't get any mushrooming but I do scuff

and shape it some every other week because that's just how I am.

They machine real nice and don't wear out the chalk like some other

tips I know that seems like there might be rubber in them.:frown:

snucar
10-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Since I've tried a Sniper tip on my Meucci, I've never looked back.

DJ14.1
11-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Yeah I was kinda nervous about taking a stick that's 30 years old and adding a "modern" tip to it. Probably shouldn't matter, but never know when you mix equipment from different eras what might happen. That's why I'm asking around for opinions. That and I flat-out don't know tips very well at all lol