PDA

View Full Version : Hey w>p>a

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 11:16 AM
What is your role as the governing body of the US Open? Barry rigs the chart, The tournament bookie takes over as the TD, Added Money? Is this what we can expect from you in the future? Do you wish to continue as a laughing stock or will you make a change?

cuedoctor
10-31-2015, 01:47 PM
What is your role as the governing body of the US Open? Barry rigs the chart, The tournament bookie takes over as the TD, Added Money? Is this what we can expect from you in the future? Do you wish to continue as a laughing stock or will you make a change?

Barry rigs the chart? Another internet expert,I actually went to the open and 9 out of 10 thought barry did nothing really that wrong,it could have been handled better but rigging the chart comment is totally BS. Everyone respects Jay for his stand and that's his decision. Its sad that someone ALWAYS has to find a negative out of a tournament that put 191,000 buck in pool players pockets when the industry is dead. Not one player has posted what Barry did was a problem...only people behind a keyboard have. Overall Barry actually did a great job this year having the open. He stayed out of the way almost completely up until show time but if anyone was surprised by his opening show in the finals must live on another planet.

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 02:12 PM
Fair points. Barry changes a finalized chart after the draw by paying off an already listed player, scott is a bookie for the event then takes over as t.d (ethical problem?), needed pat to babysit because he used fraudulent numbers and didnt pay players until his hand was forced in prior years. Is this the standard you would set for professional sports?

cuedoctor
10-31-2015, 02:22 PM
Scott has been at the us open running thing for as long as I have went..16 years in a row and although I have never talked to him I have never seen or heard one complaint about him and from what i have seen he has been a huge plus for the open. If you think that all these pool players are angel's ....well you don't know pool. Many of them have been in prison. Some of those names people bring up that are missing aren't vacationing on an island somewhere:grin-square: The guy who Alan Hopkins replaced volunteered to give up his spot and maybe he thought he was doing an honorable thing letting a past us open winner play.

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Scott can not take over as TD when he is the bookie. Same reason a vegas sports book chairman cant ref a pro football team. Im not saying Scott would cheat, Im saying this should not be acceptable for a major event because it allows potential cheating. Allen should never have played because the draw was done, also not saying he would cheat it just allows the possibility. Lee did not do an honorable thing(he was payed off).

If this was any other pro sport. Barry would be banned for life, Allen would get a suspension(1yr. plus, maybe a hall of fame asterisk or kicked out ala pete rose) and Scott would be unable to TD, ref, or announce ever again.

Your argument is a joke and this mentality will not move pool in a positive direction.

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 02:41 PM
Not paying players who cashed or taking years, also doesn't get you sponsor money.

cuedoctor
10-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Scott can not take over as TD when he is the bookie. Same reason a vegas sports book chairman cant ref a pro football team. Im not saying Scott would cheat, Im saying this should not be acceptable for a major event because it allows potential cheating. Allen should never have played because the draw was done, also not saying he would cheat it just allows the possibility. Lee did not do an honorable thing(he was payed off).

If this was any other pro sport. Barry would be banned for life, Allen would get a suspension(1yr. plus, maybe a hall of fame asterisk or kicked out ala pete rose) and Scott would be unable to TD, ref, or announce ever again.

Your argument is a joke and this mentality will not move pool in a positive direction.

Ok
Your right
Next Year I look foward to you running the us open
:thumbup:

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 03:43 PM
Never said I was, I would just like to see the game treated with some professionalism. This stuff is beyond unethical and a detriment to everyone who cares about pool. Please w.p.a. or someone take a G.D. stand!

OLD NO 9
10-31-2015, 03:58 PM

couldnthinkof01 reason why this should be on the internet.

First time I hope a thread gets deleted.

couldnthinkof01
10-31-2015, 04:09 PM
How come? The bookie thing? I dont know of a better place for a topic of discussion on things professionals did while running a major sports tournament. Were lucky no one cares about the game or it would be all over espn and fox. Some would be removed from the sport or in court.