PDA

View Full Version : Hustlers Season 2

gunzby
10-31-2015, 08:11 PM
When is it coming? I noticed that my DVR recorded some reruns which makes me hopeful that the second season is on the way

Str8PoolPlayer
10-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Please say it isn't so.

Prey
10-31-2015, 09:39 PM
One can only hope for a season 2. I for one am rooting!:thumbup:

billiardthought
10-31-2015, 09:53 PM
I sure hope not.

mantis99
10-31-2015, 09:57 PM
I sure hope not.

Why in the wrd would you say that. If you don't like it, just don't watch. The show has potential to give pool more exposure, and many people on here do like it. I think you have to be really pessimistic to hope something like this fails.

franko
10-31-2015, 10:13 PM
I would love to see a season 2. Anything with Pool in it is good for the game.

BogeyFree
10-31-2015, 10:40 PM
My g/f and I both really enjoyed the show and hope there will be a season 2.

Str8PoolPlayer
10-31-2015, 11:18 PM
I can watch (endure) it if nothing else is on in that time slot.
I would describe the show as "Banger Friendly" and not to
be taken seriously by serious players in Real Pool Halls.

Toncam
10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Garbage show, why waste time watching that ?

kagewest
10-31-2015, 11:28 PM

I agree with the last line but it's pool related TV how bad can it really be? Exactly. What other pool are you watching that's not on youtube? I watch it, quite entertaining actually.

Badbeat13
11-01-2015, 01:09 AM
I thought I read several months back that there
wouldn't be a season 2. I thought it was in one
of Mikey Frost's posts, but don't quote me on that
because I used to smoke a ton of weed and my
memory often sucks.

trob
11-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Why in the wrd would you say that. If you don't like it, just don't watch. The show has potential to give pool more exposure, and many people on here do like it. I think you have to be really pessimistic to hope something like this fails.

Because it seems the majority of people on this forum have become angry negative nits who if pool became popular again would have to find something else to ***** about. People like that think that non pool players are going to be interested in a show where they just play pool and there's not much else lol for ratings sake a show has to be well rounded to interest non pool players and pool players a like. I've never shot a gun or hunted but I watched duck dynasty every week because I liked the characters and it was funny.

It was an entertaining show I thought ... The resurgence of the game has to start some where. This is as good as any.

Busboy
11-01-2015, 03:00 AM
I wouldn't mind it's something to watch I met the guys from the show the last weekend they are really cool guys love the game anyone who loves the game is ok in my book

RichSchultz
11-01-2015, 03:53 AM
I enjoyed the show and watched every episode, but the producers really screwed up the finale. Why allow people who weren't part of the show to enter the tourney? If its TV, its about building a relationship with the characters. What a let down, having two non-cast members take 1st and 2nd place.

(((Satori)))
11-01-2015, 04:08 AM
There for a while there were talks about many reality shows being planned.

Are industry people still working on others?

Pacecar
11-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Would like to see more of the show's "pool sharks" entered in todays Steinway Classic tournament. I only see Mike Dechaine and his "partner" Jarrod Clowery entered.

popman
11-01-2015, 07:02 AM
I have a hard time watching the show because I have a hard time seeing anything. Mike Dechaines' head is so big that it blocks out everybody and everything else.

Can somebody reduce the size of M.D. s head????

9andout
11-01-2015, 07:11 AM
I have a hard time watching the show because I have a hard time seeing anything. Mike Dechaines' head is so big that it blocks out everybody and everything else.

Can somebody reduce the size of M.D. s head????
LMAO!!!
It got much better the last 5 episodes or so.
Bring on SEASON 2!!:thumbup:

thubosky
11-01-2015, 07:24 AM
I watched the first season and thought it was alright. Any exposure for pool is good. I have Finnegan on facebook and lately all he can do is bad mouth Mike Dechaine and its just rude. Not just poking fun at him or anything. So honestly he seems like a crooked douche to me and I would rather not see him make anymore undeserved money from a 2nd season.

gunzby
11-01-2015, 07:44 AM
I'm just hoping for season two. I thought season one was pretty good. I was even hoping for season two to include the Louisiana crew

Atlatlien
11-01-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll watch it.

fish2
11-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Is is a pool related series ?

no spoilers please...

fastone371
11-01-2015, 09:03 AM

Oh come on now. I spoke with you before, I know you have some cool toys and if you are watching TV its only because you have one in the garage and you are not really paying attention anyway.:smile:

Teacherman
11-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Would like to see more of the show's "pool sharks" entered in todays Steinway Classic tournament. I only see Mike Dechaine and his "partner" Jarrod Clowery entered.

Um.....maybe because none of them can play?

kagewest
11-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Um.....maybe because none of them can play?

Pros have priority entry. Mike and Jared are the only true pros.

Wedge
11-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I spoke with Mike Dechaine last week at the American 14.1 Tournament about the show. He said True TV has not picked it up for a second season and that they are hoping another network will pick it up. That is where it stands at this moment.

Wedge

michael4
11-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Is is a pool related series ?

no spoilers please...

the series last year was loosely based on pool.......;)

mikeyfrost
11-01-2015, 09:59 AM
I spoke with Mike Dechaine last week at the American 14.1 Tournament about the show. He said True TV has not picked it up for a second season and that they are hoping another network will pick it up. That is where it stands at this moment.

Wedge

It basically stands nowhere. If it happens again I'd bet it's with young people that are way more scandalous than we were. I doubt it ever happens again though.

spktur
11-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Wedge

You can't go much further down the Totem pole than Tru Tv. I doubt anyone is going to pick it up

rjb1168
11-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Garbage show, why waste time watching that ?

I agree, it was all staged and poorly done. Mike D. would kick the crap out of any of them and I am not a Mike D. fan.

gunzby
11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
It basically stands nowhere. If it happens again I'd bet it's with young people that are way more scandalous than we were. I doubt it ever happens again though.

Crud, not the news I was hoping for. The show had to be doing better than some of the other shows they had going.

Black-Balled
11-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I hope it takes off. I wrote seasons 3-5 already.

Frostie gets fired from his day job and has to take a job with the Lipton tea company as a route driver, but then he comes up with a plan- leaves a set of bonus balls laying aroun the poolroom- and after everybody plays with his balls, he pretends he doesn't really notice.

Then a buncha stuff happens and he wins a lotta dollars and yells something about I PEE TEE
And it all comes full circle.

ctyhntr
11-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Jorge Rodriguez, came on the last episode as part of the expanded field, is playing in the tournament. Manny Stamatakis, very hands on owner, was running around bussing tables and making sure customers were happy. Finnegan was running the Calcutta. Ross Lacy was in the booth giving commentary. Gary O'Callaghan stopped by.

one stroke
11-01-2015, 10:06 PM

I agree I said long ago if you could follow Scotter and the gang you got a series like it or not I do the pit action is entertaining a lot of it is becausei it happens after hours when the main events are over and that's often when you get the who's who With even top players showing up , the list is endless , and the crowds are standing room only
The hustlers trying to paint this proper image for some unknow reason
Show the game what it is and u got a better chance

gunzby
11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
I agree I said long ago if you could follow Scotter and the gang you got a series like it or not I do the pit action is entertaining a lot of it is becausei it happens after hours when the main events are over and that's often when you get the who's who With even top players showing up , the list is endless , and the crowds are standing room only
The hustlers trying to paint this proper image for some unknow reason
Show the game what it is and u got a better chance

There's a lot of things they could do with the show. Heck it doesn't even need to be centered in NYC. They could follow Scooter, go to NOLA or do multiple locations. In my opinion they sold themselves pretty short by not continuing the series.

Runner
11-04-2015, 10:14 AM
It's a "reality" show... with that comes the forced fake drama and situations..
'Will the hynotherapy help my game??..dundundun!' 'Will O'Callahan quit drinking to bring his game up?? dundundun!'

I'd rather see Big Head Mike and his crew go on the road, but IMO you couldn't have real pool happening with cameras and mics around.

hang-the-9
11-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I enjoyed the show and watched every episode, but the producers really screwed up the finale. Why allow people who weren't part of the show to enter the tourney? If its TV, its about building a relationship with the characters. What a let down, having two non-cast members take 1st and 2nd place.

That ending was a bit odd. Brought to mind Highlander 2 where it just randomly popped up, tossed out everything you knew from the first movie then was ignored totally in Highlander 3 like it never was made.

ctyhntr
11-23-2015, 06:53 AM
Came across this on facebook.

For those who want to see a Season 2 of The Hustlers
Please be good enough to email , write or call and let them know directly

truetvfeedback@turner.com email

To write a letter

TruTv
One Time Warner Center
New York Ny 10019 - 6038

404 575 5577 Telephone

Lets get this show back on for season 2

God Father Of Pool Needs A New Pair Of Baby Shoes

Awizzzy
11-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Please say it isn't so.

I second this response.. :outtahere:

franko
11-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Came across this on facebook.

For those who want to see a Season 2 of The Hustlers
Please be good enough to email , write or call and let them know directly

truetvfeedback@turner.com email

To write a letter

TruTv
One Time Warner Center
New York Ny 10019 - 6038

404 575 5577 Telephone

Lets get this show back on for season 2

God Father Of Pool Needs A New Pair Of Baby Shoes

I emailed a request for a season 2 but it came back undeliverable.

cincy_kid
11-23-2015, 07:53 AM
I watched it, was entertaining enough I suppose.

But the main point is, like a couple of people pointed out before. It involves pool in some way shape or form. Anything we can do to bring this great game more to the forefront of people's minds is a good thing for the sport in my opinion.

jeffj2h
11-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Mike Dechaine was interviewed on the Nov 12 episode of American Billiard Radio. He said the same as Mikey; it does not appear to have been picked up for a 2nd season.

http://www.americanbilliardradio.com

mikeyfrost
11-23-2015, 09:06 AM
I hope it takes off. I wrote seasons 3-5 already.

Frostie gets fired from his day job and has to take a job with the Lipton tea company as a route driver, but then he comes up with a plan- leaves a set of bonus balls laying aroun the poolroom- and after everybody plays with his balls, he pretends he doesn't really notice.

Then a buncha stuff happens and he wins a lotta dollars and yells something about I PEE TEE
And it all comes full circle.

LMAO, I always wondered what the space between chasing my dreams and what I will settle for looks like...now I know!!! #lifegoals

mikeyfrost
11-23-2015, 09:10 AM
The only thing I find analogous to the hustlers is Tony Romo's situation with the Cowboys, people hated him until he was gone, then they loved him again once they win.

Bottom line is the time for support and the good words has passed. We'll all wonder what may have been if it had taken off. I still think another show will come out, but expect it to be much younger, sexier, and even worse pool. That's my prediction anyway.

Runner
11-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Maybe they can just do a show on "Big Head Mike" hustling in NY...

What is that, a size 10 hat??:rolleyes:

philly
11-23-2015, 09:44 AM
I for one will miss it. It's a good thing anytime you can look forward to a show every week about pool. Thanks to all participants that put the show together.

jeffj2h
11-23-2015, 09:44 AM
The only thing I find analogous to the hustlers is Tony Romo's situation with the Cowboys, people hated him until he was gone, then they loved him again once they win.

Another example: Remember Bonus Ball? It was pilloried non-stop on AZ during it's season, then disappeared for months, and when it returned for a few days of playoffs, people heaped praise on it.

FWIW, I loved The Hustlers from start to finish… Great job.

ibuycues
11-23-2015, 09:58 AM

Bottom line is the time for support and the good words has passed. We'll all wonder what may have been if it had taken off. I still think another show will come out, but expect it to be much younger, sexier, and even worse pool. That's my prediction anyway.

Thanks Mikey, for your involvement in the show as well as your information updates here.

Will Prout

Dead Money
11-24-2015, 12:11 AM
I for one will miss it. It's a good thing anytime you can look forward to a show every week about pool. Thanks to all participants that put the show together.

Great post. I feel the same way:)

gunzby
11-24-2015, 01:49 AM
Ugh
Here I saw this thread and thought something changed frowny face

Cardigan Kid
11-24-2015, 06:42 AM

Great Tony Romo analogy and very relevant here.

This show was really good. Sure there can be debates about the theme or story tangent lines, and what direction they should have gone. But the fact of the matter is that was a high quality production from a technical aspect. The pool play was fantastic, all real and full of drama.

Like you stated, another show will eventually come down the line, but it won't be anywhere close to the quality of The Hustlers, in terms of production and sport.

IMO, a better first season could not have been made. And with the experience under their belts, the production crew would have made a stellar second season.

one stroke
11-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Great Tony Romo analogy and very relevant here.

This show was really good. Sure there can be debates about the theme or story tangent lines, and what direction they should have gone. But the fact of the matter is that was a high quality production from a technical aspect. The pool play was fantastic, all real and full of drama.

Like you stated, another show will eventually come down the line, but it won't be anywhere close to the quality of The Hustlers, in terms of production and sport.

IMO, a better first season could not have been made. And with the experience under their belts, the production crew would have made a stellar second season.

Actualy I thought the production was the weakest link .. The Blair Witch project may have been the gateway to reality TV because it looked real life ,, nothing about the show looked real ,YouTube with scooter and the boys on camera phones catches it much better and is far more entertaining

nateobot
11-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Looks like there is another show in the works? Maybe this is old news, I don't read every thread...

https://www.facebook.com/robertplaut/posts/10100989016235495?pnref=story

(some comments from above)
Sean C Morgan - A team concept idea of 8 on 8...could be a fun thing...let's see if it works out...!
William Finnegan - The godfather of pool will be in this show. Get ready pool players across the country it's official get your teams ready for action.
Jayson Shaw - Not actors pool players
Shane Jackson - The one I was a part of also had roles. Not true reality of the struggle and grind.
Larry Phlegar - Lol, Shane, that one you are referring too was just a casting, I'm sure it will be covered nationally about the grind of players from all around the country when it's launched, this one here is about New York Pool Players and their lifestyles of competing locally against each other, this is a good thing here, it's going to open the doors for other shows in the future, but I will tell you that the one you are referring too is very close to launching, and then it's gonna be William Fennigan verses SHOWTIME on the National TV sets, Get Ready

ctyhntr
11-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Jim Murnak, before his bouts of cancer was working on his city leagues concept. That project had to be put on hold until he was able to recover sufficiently enough.

Here is the first match from three years ago in its entirety.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhID1wUQSA

Here are screenshots of both teams. Some whom you may recognize.

Looks like there is another show in the works? Maybe this is old news, I don't read every thread...

https://www.facebook.com/robertplaut/posts/10100989016235495?pnref=story

(some comments from above)
Sean C Morgan - A team concept idea of 8 on 8...could be a fun thing...let's see if it works out...!
William Finnegan - The godfather of pool will be in this show. Get ready pool players across the country it's official get your teams ready for action.
Jayson Shaw - Not actors pool players
Shane Jackson - The one I was a part of also had roles. Not true reality of the struggle and grind.
Larry Phlegar - Lol, Shane, that one you are referring too was just a casting, I'm sure it will be covered nationally about the grind of players from all around the country when it's launched, this one here is about New York Pool Players and their lifestyles of competing locally against each other, this is a good thing here, it's going to open the doors for other shows in the future, but I will tell you that the one you are referring too is very close to launching, and then it's gonna be William Fennigan verses SHOWTIME on the National TV sets, Get Ready

Tooler
11-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Is it just me or is Mike's right hand a lookin a little limp? ..... LOL.

ctyhntr
11-24-2015, 02:01 PM
That stump you're looking at is Scott Simonetti's. He lost it a few years back to a staph infection.

Is it just me or is Mike's right hand a lookin a little limp? ..... LOL.

Tooler
11-24-2015, 02:03 PM
That stump you're looking at is Scott Simonetti's. He lost it a few years back to a staph infection.

I'm talking about Mike's other right hand there sparky. The one on Frosty's shoulder.:rolleyes:

ctyhntr
11-24-2015, 02:09 PM
The hand on Mike Frost right shoulder looks like it belongs to Emily Duddy. I thought you were referring to Mike Dechaine's right hand, as its hidden in the picture.

I'm talking about Mike's other right hand there sparky. The one on Frosty's shoulder.:rolleyes:

Tooler
11-24-2015, 02:12 PM
The hand on Mike Frost right shoulder looks like it belongs to Emily Duddy. I thought you were referring to Mike Dechaine's right hand, as its hidden in the picture.

It absolutely is Emily's, it just looks a little odd.:grin:

solid C player
11-24-2015, 02:27 PM
not going to say a name but i heard from a good source, that show is rigged

scttybee
11-24-2015, 03:28 PM
that would make you and your "source " wrong and maybe a little retarded

Toncam
11-24-2015, 04:18 PM
The shows finished ? Good, stunk anyway.

ctyhntr
11-25-2015, 10:45 AM
I also got a bounceback, and I double checked the e-mail address and information is correct. Sounds like an issue on TruTV's end. Who knows how many countless of fan requests are being ignored, because their mailbox needs to be fixed.

http://www.trutv.com/contact/index.html

I emailed a request for a season 2 but it came back undeliverable.