PDA

View Full Version : Why is it, that those who do the least....

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:28 AM
are the ones yelling the loudest about those who do the most! If they honesty feel they can do a better job than those they complain about, what's stoping them from doing so!!!!

JC
11-01-2015, 11:29 AM
You're bringing it on yourself again Glen.............

JC

JoeyInCali
11-01-2015, 11:31 AM
The US Open is for sale for $1M.
Step right up.

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:37 AM
You're bringing it on yourself again Glen.............

JC

I'm referring to those jumping on Jay and Mark, and all those that would like to ride the band wagon. What the hell is stopping them from stepping up and doing a better job, thus showing the world how to do it right, rather than sit behind a keyboard and do nothing but complain about those who in fact ARE doing the best they can with the cards they're delt:confused:

jasonlaus
11-01-2015, 11:38 AM
are the ones yelling the loudest about those who do the most! If they honesty feel they can do a better job than those they complain about, what's stoping them from doing so!!!!

For me, it would be because i make a lot more money doing what i do, also I've traveled for work(months at a time) the last 24 years and don't need any more of that crap.

Figured this was about you lol

jasonlaus
11-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Step right up.

Why would anybody pay for a tournament? Just start another one at the same time. The new room in NC sounds like it would be a good place for it.
No need to pay for a venue if you have enough tables.

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Step right up.

No one has to buy the US Open for $1M, all they have to do is offer something better, that pays out more, and on time, with no drama....and don't even need a convention center to do that, don't need to rent Diamond tables, or any of the extras that get spent. There's plenty of pool rooms that could host a "New US Open" in their own location....so, what's stopping them?

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Why would anybody pay for a tournament? Just start another one at the same time. The new room in NC sounds like it would be a good place for it.
No need to pay for a venue if you have enough tables.

Exactly what I was referring too:grin:

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:44 AM
For me, it would be because i make a lot more money doing what i do, also I've traveled for work(months at a time) the last 24 years and don't need any more of that crap.

Figured this was about you lol

No, not this time:thumbup:

NYC cue dude
11-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I put my money where my mouth is. A lot of it. And more than once, lol.

You on the other hand, are a buffoon. A cartoon character.

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Thank you, that makes me feel real important, thank you for the complement:rolleyes:

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 11:48 AM

You're exactly the kind of person I'm talking about, all mouth and no ass!:eek:

lfigueroa
11-01-2015, 12:06 PM

Good thinking.

Don't like what Obama is doing, run for President or shut up.

Get sold a lemon, build your own car or shut up.

Get a lousy meal at a restaurant, start up your own restaurant or shut up.

What's stopping you from doing it? (Other than it's a stupid idea in the first place.)

On a side note, if this is what passes for logic in your world, it would go a long way towards explaining how you can rationalize poor work ethic and lousy customer service.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Good thinking.

What's stopping you from doing it? (Other than it's a stupid idea in the first place.)

On a side note, if this is what passes for logic in your world, it would go a long way towards explaining how you can rationalize poor work ethic and lousy customer service.

Lou Figueroa

There ya go Lou, that's the logic I'm talking about....can't do shit, but you can always complain about those that can....I knew I could count on you to throw in something:rolleyes:...you ARE one of the ones I'm talking about!

JoeyInCali
11-01-2015, 12:22 PM
No one has to buy the US Open for $1M, all they have to do is offer something better, that pays out more, and on time, with no drama....and don't even need a convention center to do that, don't need to rent Diamond tables, or any of the extras that get spent. There's plenty of pool rooms that could host a "New US Open" in their own location....so, what's stopping them?

US Open is trademarked .
If it was not, I bet someone would have snagged it by now .

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 12:36 PM
US Open is trademarked .

Then call it the "World US Open"

jasonlaus
11-01-2015, 01:03 PM
US Open is trademarked .

Doesn't matter what it's called, put up $70,000 added and the players WILL show up.
A poolroom with enough tables to make it a 3 or 4 day event over a weekeend and a nearby airport will get the job done. I couldn't go cause of work, how many others were in the same boat? I bet quite a few.
Jason

trob
11-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Exactly. Lol next time you get a bad meal Glenn shut up and eat it unless your planning on opening up your own restaurant you can't have an opinion or gripe.

Good thinking.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Actually, I'm one of the ones that seldom ever complain about such little things in life;)

lfigueroa
11-01-2015, 03:44 PM
There ya go Lou, that's the logic I'm talking about....can't do shit, but you can always complain about those that can....I knew I could count on you to throw in something:rolleyes:...you ARE one of the ones I'm talking about!

Right. I thought that would go flying right over your head. You don't disappoint in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Right. I thought that would go flying right over your head. You don't disappoint in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

Right Lou, can't do the level of work I do, and never will be able to, and have never had me do any work for you, yet you're self qualified to comment on the work I do.....gotcha;)

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Lou Figueroa

Are you a pencil pusher, a keyboard worker, or do you actually perform manual labor to make a living Lou, of which I highly doubt.;)

Allen Brown
11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Good thinking.

Lou Figueroa

We agree on something. Imagine that.

AtLarge
11-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Step right up.

Are you perhaps thinking of Q-Master Billiards being for sale rather than the US Open pool tournament?

Barry mentioned on stream that the room is for sale, and I think he said $1,500,000.

Back in 2005, he announced that it was for sale for a "non-negotiable" $3,000,000, and the buyer could not keep the name.

In 2014, he again announced that it was for sale, this time for $2,000,000 "and not a dollar less," and the buyer could use the name.

Now, 2015, if I heard correctly (which wasn't exactly easy to do during his pre-finals prattle), it's $1,500,000.

Edit -- In post #34, Sofla says he remembers Barry saying $2.5 million. I think he is correct.

lfigueroa
11-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Right Lou, can't do the level of work I do, and never will be able to, and have never had me do any work for you, yet you're self qualified to comment on the work I do.....gotcha;)

You would never be able to do what I have done, so what?

All I've got to go on is what you present here and the good word of those that have dealt with you. That's plenty.

Lou Figueroa

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm referring to those jumping on Jay and Mark, and all those that would like to ride the band wagon. What the hell is stopping them from stepping up and doing a better job, thus showing the world how to do it right, rather than sit behind a keyboard and do nothing but complain about those who in fact ARE doing the best they can with the cards they're delt:confused:

how does it feel gold crowns are nicer than diamonds?

lfigueroa
11-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Are you a pencil pusher, a keyboard worker, or do you actually perform manual labor to make a living Lou, of which I highly doubt.;)

What difference would it make if I told you I spent time working in a factory for several years doing the worst, smelliest kind of work or that I apprenticed to a craftsman for awhile?

It would be totally irrelevant to the fact that this is a discussion board and an appropriate place to talk about all things pool.

Your arguments make no sense. Anyone in any line of work can see that.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
11-01-2015, 05:41 PM
We agree on something. Imagine that.

I shall pop a Bud in celebration.

Lou Figueroa
(burp)

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM

It's better to remain silent, and thought a fool.......

Colormegone2002
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM

That's a damn good question and I'd like to see someone give a really
good answer to it. Sure it's a lot of work and not much to gain from it
but from some of the peoples posts here they seem to have plenty of
cash but no one steps up to take a swing at it. Maybe it's just not as
easy to pull off a successful tournament of this size?
I know if I had the money and a room like the one that just opened,
I'd be all over it but sadly I do NOT

Good luck to anyone that would like to give it a try

worldbeater
11-01-2015, 06:51 PM
US Open is trademarked .

I could post 12k and have 16 world class pool players come to my house for a barbecue and tournament. It's pro pool and it, like this thread, is a trainweeck.

justadub
11-01-2015, 07:08 PM
I shall pop a Bud in celebration.

Lou Figueroa
(burp)

I'm struggling with that image ;P

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 07:16 PM
how does it feel gold crowns are nicer than diamonds?

The Gold Crowns I work on...look like they belong in a burn pile, so which ones are you referring to, but I guess it's all a matter of opinion, don't you think?

Sofla
11-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Are you perhaps thinking of Q-Master Billiards being for sale rather than the US Open pool tournament?

Barry mentioned on stream that the room is for sale, and I think he said $1,500,000.

Back in 2005, he announced that it was for sale for a "non-negotiable" $3,000,000, and the buyer could not keep the name.

In 2014, he again announced that it was for sale, this time for $2,000,000 "and not a dollar less," and the buyer could use the name.

Now, 2015, if I heard correctly (which wasn't exactly easy to do during his pre-finals prattle), it's $1,500,000.

I was pretty sure I heard $2.5 M. That was on the stream in my room, waiting for him to be through his spew before going down.

realkingcobra
11-01-2015, 07:21 PM

I couldn't agree more, there's a lot of experts here on AZ, or so there seems, always jumping on others trying to do the best they can with the cards dealt them....but it's never good enough for those that don't have to step in and do the same thing. It's always easy to run ones mouth from the sidelines, than it is to step in and get your hands dirty trying to do the same job of those that you're so willing to complain about:rolleyes:

BmoreMoney
11-01-2015, 08:00 PM
The Gold Crowns I work on...look like they belong in a burn pile, so which ones are you referring to, but I guess it's all a matter of opinion, don't you think?

I'll be the first to admit Diamond makes very nice tables. I'll also add I think they play a lot different than Gold Crowns, which are my preference. People say Diamonds play tougher and that prob it true. Thats no - a - good for me, I like them easy 😊. The first time I played on a diamond BB was at SBE. It was so strange to me I think I went almost half hour before I ran two balls and my friend asked me what was wrong - was I drunk? Lol. ALOT different than the VALLEYS. ( I like be able to hit a ball half way down the long rail and pocket it )

AtLarge
11-01-2015, 11:42 PM
I was pretty sure I heard $2.5 M. That was on the stream in my room, waiting for him to be through his spew before going down.

I think you are right; not sure why I was thinking 1.5. So at 2.5, he's half way between 2005 and 2014. :smile:

lfigueroa
11-02-2015, 06:12 AM
I'm struggling with that image ;P

Watching base-a-ball. It's all they got :-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
11-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I couldn't agree more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Armstrong

Guessin' you don't know the second part of that quote, lol.

Lou Figueroa

SakuJack
11-02-2015, 06:33 AM
Your arguments make no sense. Anyone in any line of work can see that.

End of thread. Nothing more needs to be said.

DaveK
11-02-2015, 09:46 AM

If you are thinking that people must not comment unless directly and financially involved with something then you are delusional.

Dave

realkingcobra
11-02-2015, 10:05 AM
If you are thinking that people must not comment unless directly and financially involved with something then you are delusional.

Dave

Oh no, on the contrary, those ARE the whiners, those with no personal involvement!

book collector
11-02-2015, 05:34 PM
US Open is trademarked .

Well , since US Open has so many bad raps against it , I wouldn't want the name to begin with.
That means all you have to do is put on an event and call it the World Open 9 Ball championship or the Earth 9 ball Championship or the Replacement Championship and you are already 1 million ahead of the game.

book collector
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM

It's no different than a pool room , if you want to know who the dumbest person in the place is, just listen for his voice!

realkingcobra
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
It's no different than a pool room , if you want to know who the dumbest person in the place is, just listen for his voice!

I agree, all those that know how to run a pool room are standing on the customer side of the counter, paying those that have actually taken the time to OPEN a pool room!

LIAKOS27
11-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Actually, I'm one of the ones that seldom ever complain about such little things in life;)

This one statement can be passed off by the simple minded but think about it.

I "think" Glen and I see certain things the same,,, we don't complain because it's not worth it most times!

You don't like the food in the restaurant? Somebody said build your own restaurant?!?! WHY???? Just don't go back;)

You bought a pos car(lemon)? The answer was build your own lemon?!?! REALLY? How about don't buy that kind of car again!

You don't like the way the US open is run? Answer, make your own tournament?!?!? How about just don't go back???

Last time I checked anyone that is in business is most likely making money somehow, someway! If they are not, they are about to close shop. So if you don't like something, DON'T support it!

realkingcobra
11-02-2015, 07:00 PM

I "think" Glen and I see certain things the same,,, we don't complain because it's not worth it most times!

You don't like the food in the restaurant? Somebody said build your own restaurant?!?! WHY???? Just don't go back;)

You bought a pos car(lemon)? The answer was build your own lemon?!?! REALLY? How about don't buy that kind of car again!

You don't like the way the US open is run? Answer, make your own tournament?!?!? How about just don't go back???

Last time I checked anyone that is in business is most likely making money somehow, someway! If they are not, they are about to close shop. So if you don't like something, DON'T support it!

Thank you, finally....someone gets it, just like if you don't like the service I provided, don't ask me to work on your pool table, but don't knock those that have, because they are very happy with the end results!

LIAKOS27
11-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Thank you, finally....someone gets it, just like if you don't like the service I provided, don't ask me to work on your pool table, but don't knock those that have, because they are very happy with the end results!

That seems to have made toy happy!;)

Anyway, you're not alone Glen! Most people don't understand that way of thinking because they seem to want constant friction in there lives!

You and I (so I think anyway) just want to be surrounded by "good" people. The word "good" relates to a few different types of "good"! Not gonna list them because it's not worth it to try to educate people about it. (They will never get it)

realkingcobra
11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Here, let me fix them greenies for you:grin:

LIAKOS27
11-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Here, let me fix them greenies for you:grin:

Lmao! Thank you sir!

realkingcobra
11-02-2015, 07:42 PM
We had a church's chicken here in downtown Kent, Wa....once. I thought to myself, OMG....CHURCH'S CHICKEN....got to get me some spicy chicken! So, I did, took it home, couldn't wait to taste it...man I love Churches chicken and Popeyes chicken as well. Anyway, dug me out some legs and thighs. Took a big bite of thigh, and bit right into a frozen center, raw as hell. I was so mad, I never bothered going back to complain, I just would never spend my money there again. Well, I must not have been the only person who crossed it off my list as a place to eat, because within 6 months, it was closed up and out of business! Been a jewelry store ever since, about 20 years now.

LIAKOS27
11-02-2015, 08:06 PM
We had a church's chicken here in downtown Kent, Wa....once. I thought to myself, OMG....CHURCH'S CHICKEN....got to get me some spicy chicken! So, I did, took it home, couldn't wait to taste it...man I love Churches chicken and Popeyes chicken as well. Anyway, dug me out some legs and thighs. Took a big bite of thigh, and bit right into a frozen center, raw as hell. I was so mad, I never bothered going back to complain, I just would never spend my money there again. Well, I must not have been the only person who crossed it off my list as a place to eat, because within 6 months, it was closed up and out of business! Been a jewelry store ever since, about 20 years now.

Exactly! There is so much more in life to enjoy than wasting valuable time complaining!

People are funny sometimes, they sit there and complain about something that they have total control over and we (you and I) find it perplexing! We know they have control over the issue we just can't understand why they keep themselves there.

Something or someone's does you wrong,,, a simple explanation is all that's needed! If the explanation satisfies the dilemma and it can get worked out, great:) if not, no prob have a great day. And never return!

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff! And in the grand scheme of things, if it's not about family and health, it's small stuff!

NYC cue dude
11-03-2015, 04:23 AM

Ironic. You're replying to a thread that was started by a guy who was..................complaining. Lol.

LIAKOS27
11-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Ironic. You're replying to a thread that was started by a guy who was..................complaining. Lol.

Almost, close but not exactly!