PDA

View Full Version : is jayson shaw overrated?

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 04:31 PM
I saw a few of jayson's matches this past week and while he is a great shotmaker I see a lot of flaws in his game. I think his safety game is quite weak and has an inability mentally that he tilts very easy. souquet never has an emotional reaction to anything. shaw, on the other hand, gets mad easily and it really affects his game. I think he has a lot of firepower and a lot of pluses to his game but the negatives are keeping him from being among the top few best. he was cruising in the winner's bracket and before you knew it ralf beat him double hill and he is gone to get in 5th/6th place. I truly believe anything less than first or second was a disappointing result considering he was undefeated with 12 players left. anyone else feel this way about shaw?

NYC cue dude
11-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Jayson isnt very mature. He's a bit too arrogant for my tastes, too. But he is definitely not overrated. In fact, he doesn't really even know how to play yet. No doubt, raw talent has gotten him this far. If he remains teachable, he will become even more of a monster.

Black-Balled
11-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Yeah, mike Tyson wasn't the best boxer on paper.

one stroke
11-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah, mike Tyson wasn't the best boxer on paper.

Ya and as soon as he met one he bit a piece of his ear off and still took a boxing lesson

Celtic
11-01-2015, 04:42 PM
I truly believe anything less than first or second was a disappointing result considering he was undefeated with 12 players left.

Ehh? In a field that strong those final 12 guys are all shooting like stone cold killers by that point. There were 4 guys on the A-side still. Anything less than a first or second? Sure everyone wants to win but at that stage of an event against that level of talent nothing is certain, no matter how good you are shooting.

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 04:43 PM
I saw a few of jayson's matches this past week and while he is a great shotmaker I see a lot of flaws in his game. I think his safety game is quite weak and has an inability mentally that he tilts very easy. souquet never has an emotional reaction to anything. shaw, on the other hand, gets mad easily and it really affects his game. I think he has a lot of firepower and a lot of pluses to his game but the negatives are keeping him from being among the top few best. he was cruising in the winner's bracket and before you knew it ralf beat him double hill and he is gone to get in 5th/6th place. I truly believe anything less than first or second was a disappointing result considering he was undefeated with 12 players left. anyone else feel this way about shaw?

You should offer to coach him. Maybe he can learn from you.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Ehh? In a field that strong those final 12 guys are all shooting like stone cold killers by that point. There were 4 guys on the A-side still. Anything less than a first or second? Sure everyone wants to win but at that stage of an event against that level of talent nothing is certain, no matter how good you are shooting.

I think his loss to boyes was surprising to everyone that was there...it was in the air.....john morra bid 1500 in a blind bid and picked jayson.....I guess my point is everyone thought jayson was a big favorite and he was one match away from a guaranteed third with a chance to win it all.....I think the weaknesses to his game are holding him back big time

gxman
11-01-2015, 04:46 PM
JS is good, but there are 5 guys from China/Taiwan that plays at the same level. 5 more from the Phillipines too.

3 from the U.S(Shane/Dechaine/Justin).

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 04:48 PM

no need to troll....maybe bergman can coach him? oh nvm he didn't coach him he schooled him 80 to 59 for the cheese

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 04:51 PM
JS is good, but there are 5 guys from China/Taiwan that plays at the same level. 5 more from the Phillipines too.

I don't think he is top 10 even.....neither do the European captains because they bypass him every year :yikes:

Get_A_Grip
11-01-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure that I would say that he is overrated, but you make a good point that he needs some improvement. It depends on where you have rated him to say he is "overrated".

Although, I think that you've pointed out his major weaknesses accurately -- safety play and controlling his emotions.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure that I would say that he is overrated, but you make a good point that he needs some improvement. It depends on where you have rated him to say he is "overrated".

I also think that you've pointed out his major weaknesses accurately -- safety play and controlling his emotions.

thanks, with all the trolling here it is nice to get a compliment :hug:

CBuck
11-01-2015, 05:06 PM
no need to troll....maybe bergman can coach him? oh nvm he didn't coach him he schooled him 80 to 59 for the cheese

Want to talk lack of maturity, after Justin beat him he was on facebook the next 2 days saying what a fluke it was & how Justin got 40 or 50 rolls to beat him. His ego was bruised but he would not stop making excuses & bashing Bergman in the process. Someone made a comment on the timeline he was ranting in saying with Bergman's current form they thought he would do well at the U.S Open. He comes back with no way Justin could ever do well at the open with his break & it was the worst break he had ever seen. Appleton joined here & there with a little shit talking himself. they were saying Bergman had to play him now. This was all later erased from facebook which he has done a few times.

molinatx4206
11-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I don't think he is top 10 even.....neither do the European captains because they bypass him every year :yikes:

Not top euro? They bypass toasty also! And before Karl went deep us open he was a middle of the pack player... I don't care for his attitude but be real... Shaw is better than Karl. toasty is top four-a euro... Daz Niels toasty Albin.....shaw is better than the rest and if you disagree you have no clue of world pool

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 05:08 PM

And you're pointing out the guy's weaknesses in his game. Match up with him and see how you do. The guy is a monster. As are the guys he's playing against. Pointing out "weaknesses" in a guy's game that could probably spot you the 5 out and rob you is kinda hilarious.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Not top euro? They bypass toasty also! And before Karl went deep us open he was a middle of the pack player... I don't care for his attitude but be real... Shaw is better than Karl. toasty is top four-a euro... Daz Niels toasty Albin.....shaw is better than the rest and if you disagree you have no clue of world pool

if he is better than karl he needed to get the W when it counted most.......unfortunately, he didn't......he gagged on the tv table

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:13 PM
And you're pointing out the guy's weaknesses in his game. Match up with him and see how you do. The guy is a monster. As are the guys he's playing against. Pointing out "weaknesses" in a guy's game that could probably spot you the 5 out and rob you is kinda hilarious.

I will take the 5 and take my chances for 100k, set up the match......I don't need any backers, I will bet my own

Get_A_Grip
11-01-2015, 05:16 PM

I don't have a problem with pointing out a player's weaknesses. As pool fans, we can watch a whole lot of matches of some of the best players in the world. You don't need to be one of the best players in the world to make an accurate critique.

In fact, I'll add one more weakness of his, that is also a positive. He has extreme confidence, which sometimes could translate into "over confidence". While normally confidence works in a pool players favor, it can also cause a player to rush their shots and cause unnecessary misses or poor safeties sometimes.

As a side note: I heard that before his Karen Corr match that he said that he was going to "smoke her" or something like that.....and then in ended up down 10-9, before he eventually made a full table jump and ran out the hill-hill game for the win. It seems to me that he may have been a bit "over confident" before that match. :thumbup:

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I will take the 5 and take my chances for 100k, set up the match......I don't need any backers, I will bet my own

Don't bark at me. Find Jayson and set the game up. Perhaps you could get on TAR and duke it out with him.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Don't bark at me. Find Jayson and set the game up. Perhaps you could get on TAR and duke it out with him.

congrats you are my first ever on ignore list.....I don't deal with tard trolls.....say goodbye :wave2:

djyadj
11-01-2015, 05:20 PM

This has been stated quite few times, and it's nothing personal.
But one doesn't have to be better than the players to judge them.

You only need to have the knowledge. A lot of experts in sports weren't even good players or might not even play at all themselves.
Besides the guy's got the point here, many have observed Jayson's rather weak spot as a player.

For example one might say he shoots better than Morra, but would definitely also agree Morra controls emotion much better than him. And that matters in crucial game time.

Have fun watching the game and learn from player's good and bad :grin:

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:22 PM
This has been stated quite few times, and it's nothing personal.
But one doesn't have to be better than the players to judge them.

You only need to have the knowledge. A lot of experts in sports weren't even good players or might not even play at all themselves.
Besides the guy's got the point here, many have observed Jayson's rather weak spot as a player.

For example one might say he shoots better than Morra, but would definitely also agree Morra controls emotion much better than him. And that matters in crucial game time.

Have fun watching the game and learn from player's good and bad :grin:

thanks for an intelligent post.....we need more of that on azb

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't have a problem with pointing out a player's weaknesses. As pool fans, we can watch a whole lot of matches of some of the best players in the world. You don't need to be one of the best players in the world to make an accurate critique.

In fact, I'll add one more weakness of his, that is also a positive. He has extreme confidence, which sometimes could translate into "over confidence". While normally confidence works in a pool players favor, it can also cause a player to rush his shots and cause unnecessary misses or poor safeties sometimes. I heard that before his Karen Corr match that he said that he was going to "smoke her" or something like that.....and then in ended up down 10-9, before he eventually made a full table jump and ran out the hill-hill game for the win. It seems to me that he may have been a bit "over confident" before that match. :thumbup:

Corr beat Ko at the US Open. Should we start pointing out the weaknesses in Ko's game? We see these guys at certain tournaments, and make statements about a guy's game, and his relevance in the pool world. Jayson Shaw is a monster player. Head and shoulders above 99.99% of pool players on Earth. As are the names he's being compared to. We're arguing whether Bubba Watson is overrated, compared to Rory. They're in the top 20 of their craft in the world. The guy that will win, on any given day, is the guy that has his A game on the day of the tournament. Shane didn't win another US Open. Bowed out before Jayson. I guess Shane must be overrated, as well? Give Jayson some time - he's young. Like Justin. Like Skylar. Their legacies will be determined over a period of years. Jayson is incredibly talented.

With regards to the temper, Ralf Souquet used to have a temper as well. He ended up taking up meditation, and worked on his mental game. Became the stone cold robot he is now. People can mature and change. Give him time. But for me to try and critique a player's abilities that are head and shoulders above me is pointless. Pool is full of armchair quarterbacks that talk about other players, in a negative manner. There is nothing positive about the OP's post - he's merely talking shit about Jayson. "I think Jayson Shaw is overrated....how about you?". Good for you.

Get_A_Grip
11-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Corr beat Ko at the US Open. Should we start pointing out the weaknesses in Ko's game? We see these guys at certain tournaments, and make statements about a guy's game, and his relevance in the pool world. Jayson Shaw is a monster player. Head and shoulders above 99.99% of pool players on Earth. As are the names he's being compared to. We're arguing whether Bubba Watson is overrated, compared to Rory. They're in the top 20 of their craft in the world. The guy that will win, on any given day, is the guy that has his A game on the day of the tournament. Shane didn't win another US Open. Bowed out before Jayson. I guess Shane must be overrated, as well? Give Jayson some time - he's young. Like Justin. Like Skylar. Their legacies will be determined over a period of years. Jayson is incredibly talented.

With regards to the temper, Ralf Souquet used to have a temper as well. He ended up taking up meditation, and worked on his mental game. Became the stone cold robot he is now. People can mature and change. Give him time. But for me to try and critique a player's abilities that are head and shoulders above me is pointless. Pool is full of armchair quarterbacks that talk about other players, in a negative manner. There is nothing positive about the OP's post - he's merely talking shit about Jayson. "I think Jayson Shaw is overrated....how about you?". Good for you.

Yeah, but in the Ko vs Corr situation, it was probably more of Corr being underrated! :grin:

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 05:47 PM

In fact, I'll add one more weakness of his, that is also a positive. He has extreme confidence, which sometimes could translate into "over confidence". While normally confidence works in a pool players favor, it can also cause a player to rush their shots and cause unnecessary misses or poor safeties sometimes.

As a side note: I heard that before his Karen Corr match that he said that he was going to "smoke her" or something like that.....and then in ended up down 10-9, before he eventually made a full table jump and ran out the hill-hill game for the win. It seems to me that he may have been a bit "over confident" before that match. :thumbup:

smoke her? he was lucky to edge past her lol

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but in the Ko vs Corr situation, it was probably more of Corr being underrated! :grin:

Point is, it could have been one of 1000 different things. Do you always have your best stuff every time you play? I've seen enough of Jayson to know he's one of the best players in the world. To say he's overrated is a little insulting. He is talented. As are all of the professional players. There are ways you can phrase things. I get called a troll by a guy that joined this month, has 300 posts, and says he'll bet the 5 out against Jayson for $100k of his own money. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

Any normal human would have posted about Jayson's good showing at the US Open, and that he feels when Jayson tightens up the little things in the game, he could truly be one of the best in the world. Instead, he chooses the negative route. Both posts say the same thing - he needs to work on the little things to be truly great, but there's no need to try and diminish the guy's talent because of his attitude or the fact he lost money in another match. He's a talented pool player. It wasn't a question of whether he's Mr. Congeniality.

DJ14.1
11-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Shaw has some things to work on, but definitely not overrated. Ever notice the game differential in some of his wins? He beats good players by alot very frequently. If he fills in the pieces, he could easily become the best in the world at the rotation games. Time will tell.

JB Cases
11-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Jayson (and a LOT of players) could benefit from a coach and structured practice. He is not nearly as good as he can be. Comparisons to Strickland are very accurate. If you go back to the 90s and see videos of Strickland you will likely see many similarities.

Jayson does go on tilt and that is something he can overcome. If he does then watch out world. As it is he is a top threat to win any event he is in.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Shaw has some things to work on, but definitely not overrated. Ever notice the game differential in some of his wins? He beats good players by alot very frequently. If he fills in the pieces, he could easily become the best in the world at the rotation games. Time will tell.

if he doesn't toughen up mentally and grow up he wont even be in the game in 5 years.....every loss he has ever had he has excuses for.....jb grills him recently and jb got all the rolls......he is a cocky baby that I truly believe will fade to the point we wont ever see him in a few years

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Jayson (and a LOT of players) could benefit from a coach and structured practice. He is not nearly as good as he can be. Comparisons to Strickland are very accurate. If you go back to the 90s and see videos of Strickland you will likely see many similarities.

Jayson does go on tilt and that is something he can overcome. If he does then watch out world. As it is he is a top threat to win any event he is in.

Do you think he's overrated? That's the question.

Johnson
11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
He's not overrated, look at how Darren played when gambling at the DCC years ago or on TAR. Gambling just isn't what they do in Europe, Jayson has more upside than just about any other player over here especially when playing heads up. Just look how far MD has come since he played Bartrum on TAR.

Black-Balled
11-01-2015, 06:36 PM

You are either :
1. Mmad at your money, or;
B- Ddumb as a bag of hammers.

Someone should probably let you know that top pros give A players bigger handicaps than the 5 and the As don't have to win.

Guess they will be redoing this book:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gvh9W6sWL.jpg

JB Cases
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Do you think he's overrated? That's the question.
Pretty sure I answered it with my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
You are either :
1. Mmad at your money, or;
B- Ddumb as a bag of hammers.

Someone should probably let you know that top pros give A players bigger handicaps than the 5 and the As don't have to win.

Guess they will be redoing this book:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gvh9W6sWL.jpg
i am neither a nor b

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 06:52 PM
i am neither a nor b

"A" wasn't an option, Einstein.....sarcasm just isn't that funny when you have to explain the jokes....

djyadj
11-01-2015, 06:56 PM
This is the internet, ppl like to assume they know pretty much everything :smile:
Who knows how 1976 plays, maybe he has a pro speed :rolleyes:

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 07:02 PM
This is the internet, ppl like to assume they know pretty much everything :smile:

when moron ran his trap about getting the 5 out i said i would play this match for 100k and i 100 percent would.....so whatever speed i am i guess it is fast enough to bark for 100k

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 07:03 PM

No way. There's a telltale sign in his posts. He has $100K of his own money, and he's willing to gamble with it. Those two things together = not a pro.

couldnthinkof01
11-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Doubt Johan could win with that spot and he does pretty well

Black-Balled
11-01-2015, 07:20 PM
when moron ran his trap about getting the 5 out i said i would play this match for 100k and i 100 percent would.....so whatever speed i am i guess it is fast enough to bark for 100k

You said you wanted the 5, not the 5 out. Not that it would make a difference.

I wish jaysoniac would post a picture of his half of the bet all laid out on a pool table.

"Where's yours?"

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 07:22 PM

No capitals. No punctuation. All that's missing is CAPS LOCK.

Chase down Jayson, if you want the game. It's only barking if the other dog hears it.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
You said you wanted the 5, not the 5 out. Not that it would make a difference.

I wish jaysoniac would post a picture of his half of the bet all laid out on a pool table.

"Where's yours?"

when jayson learned my identity, the spot would shrink up really fast......time to watch some baseball on tv, more entertaining

Shawn Armstrong
11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
when jayson learned my identity, the spot would shrink up really fast......time to watch some baseball on tv, more entertaining

Sweet. Play him straight up and show us how overrated he is :)

No spot needed, right?

kagewest
11-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Sweet. Play him straight up and show us how overrated he is :)

No spot needed, right?

I'm sure he is pro speed. You know they all hide behind screen names and talk smack about each other on AZ lol. It's only a myth they play pool alot!

Black-Balled
11-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Unless you are tony Watson, Keith Bennett or bj ussery, the 5 is not in your favor.

Actually, at this time...there isn't a soul in nc that has to beat jaysoniac getting the 5.

Celtic
11-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I think his loss to boyes was surprising to everyone that was there...it was in the air.....john morra bid 1500 in a blind bid and picked jayson.....I guess my point is everyone thought jayson was a big favorite and he was one match away from a guaranteed third with a chance to win it all.....I think the weaknesses to his game are holding him back big time

Boyes played some extremely strong matches on his way to the finals. He was shooting a 0.970 something in getting to 9 wins in his match against Hai Tao.

I would say Boyes is quite underrated. He blew 3 simple outs where all the hard work was already done in the finals due to collapsing under the pressure. You take those three gift games and reverse them and that match plays out totally differently. I think the finals was as much about Boyes losing it as it was about Cheng winning. Boyes would have won that final if he had shot like he was in earlier matches IMO.

u12armresl
11-01-2015, 07:47 PM
My thought exactly. The guy is here for what a month, and has the entire game clocked, and has told everyone what needs to be fixed and how we all got it (everything) wrong.

poolplaya1976
11-01-2015, 07:55 PM
My thought exactly. The guy is here for what a month, and has the entire game clocked, and has told everyone what needs to be fixed and how we all got it (everything) wrong.

been here since 2004 and you don't even have 2400 posts? wow you are active

solid C player
11-01-2015, 08:35 PM
the top ten players in the world play snooker

BeiberLvr
11-01-2015, 08:52 PM

Steve Davis said snooker is a game for girls.

djyadj
11-01-2015, 08:57 PM

I think it might be wiser to stop arguing with "snooker is best & english is best" ppl.
After awhile they'll just be talking to themselves ;)

pt109
11-01-2015, 09:07 PM

Close, but you're missing a word...

The top ten SNOOKER players in the world play snooker.

djyadj
11-02-2015, 01:58 AM
Close, but you're missing a word...

The top ten SNOOKER players in the world play snooker.

smart play :smile:

Colonel
11-02-2015, 03:26 AM
Strong game, 10 cent head. He seems a little high strung.

When he's on like that recent 20 minute Beatdown he put on Mika a short while back he's invincible. My old man had a saying, "he's hell when he's well but he's sick a lot".

Grantstew
11-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Looking at the AZB money list, it looks like he has won 8 out of the 25 tournaments he has entered this year including two big ones at turning stone and the ginky memorial.

I rate him pretty highly, when he is on, pretty much no-one can live with him (ask Mika), needs to improve his consistency.

To the OP, you just sound like a troll.

Johnnyt
11-02-2015, 04:02 AM
IMO if Shaw ever gets a solid mental game, he will be very hard to beat. He loses focus or gives up too easily now.

PS: Oh yeah, don't ever let him jump out to a lead. Johnnyt

pt109
11-02-2015, 04:31 AM
I think Shaw's game is just fine....for Shaw.
If he tried to play like Souquet, he probably couldn't beat anybody.
He wins fast and furious...he loses fast and furious....
....you gotta dance with the one you came with.

Double-Dave
11-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Looking at the AZB money list, it looks like he has won 8 out of the 25 tournaments he has entered this year

No, he has won 8 out of the 25 tournaments he has cashed in this year.
Non-cashes do not show up in the AZB money list.

gr. Dave

RADAR
11-02-2015, 04:50 AM
Imo js has more natural talent for the game than any one i have seen in years exception of earl. Give it time hes young & mental part will be there for him!

Grantstew
11-02-2015, 04:54 AM
No, he has won 8 out of the 25 tournaments he has cashed in this year.
Non-cashes do not show up in the AZB money list.

gr. Dave

Ooops my bad, was thinking that was crazy high!!

Still, so once he gets going in a tourney, he wins about a 3rd, not bad in anyone's book!

(((Satori)))
11-02-2015, 05:27 AM

Unless you play really, really good you have no chance of beating Jayson even with the 5 out... much less just the 5.

TheThaiger
11-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Unless you play really, really good you have no chance of beating Jayson even with the 5 out... much less just the 5.

I suspect he's a damn fine nurse.

TheThaiger
11-02-2015, 07:03 AM

Lol!

Beebs has been killing it recently.

jay helfert
11-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Jayson may be the best shot maker in Pool today. That counts for something. He is also a favorite over most good players and a threat to beat anyone. Why don't you ask the other top players in the world how they feel about playing Jayson? I suspect you will find out he's not a good draw (not someone they want to play). IMO he is in the top fifty players in the world today and rising fast.

kagewest
11-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Jayson may be the best shot maker in Pool today. That counts for something. He is also a favorite over most good players and a threat to beat anyone. Why don't you ask the other top players in the world how they feel about playing Jayson? I suspect you will find out he's not a good draw (not someone they want to play). IMO he is in the top fifty players in the world today and rising fast.

+1
Jayson is probably in the top 10 in the world.

j_zippel
11-02-2015, 07:43 AM

There's a pretty significant difference between the two. I'd take my chances with the 5 and out, but I wouldn't put a second Mortgage on my home to find out. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snucar
11-02-2015, 07:43 AM
I think Shaw's game is just fine....for Shaw.
If he tried to play like Souquet, he probably couldn't beat anybody.
He wins fast and furious...he loses fast and furious....
....you gotta dance with the one you came with.

^This

Shaw is just a younger version of Tony Drago.

Shawn Armstrong
11-02-2015, 07:48 AM
There's a pretty significant difference between the two. I'd take my chances with the 5 and out, but I wouldn't put a second Mortgage on my home to find out. lol

Against an A or B player, yes, there's a significant difference. Against a top pro, barely a difference at all.

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 07:49 AM
It's funny how a spot starts with the 5 ball, then changes to the 5 out...pretty soon we will see X games on the wire followed by getting the breaks and then for the grand finale comes where Shaw must shoot left handed with one foot in the air. So many internet world beaters in this forum I swear.

Shawn Armstrong
11-02-2015, 07:54 AM
It's funny how a spot starts with the 5 ball, then changes to the 5 out...pretty soon we will see X games on the wire followed by getting the breaks and then for the grand finale comes where Shaw must shoot left handed with one foot in the air. So many internet world beaters in this forum I swear.

My original comment was that Jayson could probably give him the 5 out, and rob him. Key word - "probably". The "Butch Harmon" of pool took it upon himself to say he'd take the 5 from Jayson, and bet $100k. Good for him. He also said that once Jayson heard who he was, the spot would shrink considerably.

Like I have said, if he has $100k to gamble with, and he thinks Jayson is overrated, he should go bark up the right tree - Jayson's. He's on Facebook. I'm sure someone on here knows Jayson. If this guy is that good, and has something to prove, pull a JB and push the money into the middle of the table. Otherwise, you're just another internet troll calling out players much better than you between reruns of Matlock.

j_zippel
11-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Against an A or B player, yes, there's a significant difference. Against a top pro, barely a difference at all.

5 and out is a massive spot, but you'd need to be pretty strong to outrun it against a top pro, I agree.
It's impossible to take people seriously on here who bark using a anonymous name.

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 08:00 AM
My original comment was that Jayson could probably give him the 5 out, and rob him. Key word - "probably". The "Butch Harmon" of pool took it upon himself to say he'd take the 5 from Jayson, and bet $100k. Good for him. He also said that once Jayson heard who he was, the spot would shrink considerably.

Like I have said, if he has $100k to gamble with, and he thinks Jayson is overrated, he should go bark up the right tree - Jayson's. He's on Facebook. I'm sure someone on here knows Jayson. If this guy is that good, and has something to prove, pull a JB and push the money into the middle of the table. Otherwise, you're just another internet troll calling out players much better than you between reruns of Matlock.

My post wasn't directed to you. He very well knows where he could go to call out and get a game, but it is much more fun (for him) to talk shit and stir it on here. Congrats to the good ol high school days.

Teacherman
11-02-2015, 08:06 AM
"Squirrel"

mikeyfrost
11-02-2015, 08:06 AM
If it counts on the break I'd bet on any good player versus a pro with the 5 out...

Kim Bye
11-02-2015, 08:26 AM

+1
Said all I wanted to say.

Shawn Armstrong
11-02-2015, 09:00 AM
If it counts on the break I'd bet on any good player versus a pro with the 5 out...

Usually, if a guy gives you that kind of weight, you don't get to break...the 5 out AND the break....you may as well just take out a gun and ask for his wallet.

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Usually, if a guy gives you that kind of weight, you don't get to break...the 5 out AND the break....you may as well just take out a gun and ask for his wallet.

Yep, the break is huge. I'm a C to C+ player and I would stake myself with the wild 5 and the break on a barbox vs any pro.

On the flip side I definitely don't like my side of it with just the 5 ball vs any pro. I might as well just take them to Red Lobster, pay for dinner and listen to them tell a story or two :D

Teacherman
11-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Either you aren't a C/C+ player....or you aren't very smart.

RunoutJJ
11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
3 peating turning stone and tearing up every other event? You guys make me laugh how you pick and pry at anything you can to rip a dude down. It's absolutely hilarious to ready this dribble and complete tripe. A main reason I barely post here anymore. Bunch of loonies :groucho::wave::joyful::withstupid::speechless:

GideonF
11-02-2015, 09:22 AM

Might depend on who breaks. Winner breaks makes the spot dry up really fast (can't make your wild balls from the chair).

Also, didn't SVB barbecue Scooter giving him the wild 6, 7, 8 and 9 and the breaks and the balls counted on the break?

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4899

Gideon<---Doesn't gamble, can't play

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM

APA 7 banger with a very successful pool gambling matchup history based on my 20 years of experience...but please pretend to act like you know me. I don't trap myself often.

I threw the C/C+ in there as just a meh line. I'm probably more of a B player...happy now?

Jude Rosenstock
11-02-2015, 09:53 AM

The first time I saw Shaw was a couple years ago at a Joss event. Even then, your statement is true. He's a GREAT shotmaker but that doesn't explain everything about his game. Because of his shotmaking, he has the luxury of playing position routes that you don't often see.

Regarding the OP, I don't think anyone "overrates Shaw". He took 5th which is a fine performance only a world beater can do. Is he the best in the world? Top 3? Shit, we all know pool here and can argue top three all day long. I don't think pool has that Michael Jordan-type player right now. There are a dozen that could all be "the best" at any point in time and most on azb will agree Shaw is one of them.

Shawn Armstrong
11-02-2015, 10:43 AM
APA 7 banger with a very successful pool gambling matchup history based on my 20 years of experience...but please pretend to act like you know me. I don't trap myself often.

I threw the C/C+ in there as just a meh line. I'm probably more of a B player...happy now?

I'm in that same level as you - top rankings in most leagues I played in. To put this in perspective, I played a guy one time that was really good - played at a top level for awhile here locally, until he decided there was no future in pool. He placed top 4 at Canadian championships, and beat Erik H a few times. I gambled with a guy that thought he could give me the 5 out, and I BBQ'd him. So, Mike (the very good player) said "I think you'd roast ME with that spot, but let's try it". He beat me 11-8. And he was no Jayson Shaw.

The 5 out against a top player isn't much of a spot, honestly. When the soft break and the Sardo were in use one year at Cardiff, there were a ton of 11-0 whitewashs.

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks for doing the diggin and the pasting

Might depend on who breaks. Winner breaks makes the spot dry up really fast (can't make your wild balls from the chair).

Also, didn't SVB barbecue Scooter giving him the wild 6, 7, 8 and 9 and the breaks and the balls counted on the break?

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4899

Gideon<---Doesn't gamble, can't play

JB Cases
11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Overrated? I don't know, what's he rated in the first place?

I do find it hilarious that someone says a guy is overrated and then says in the same thread that he would play him for 100k with a ton of weight.

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm in that same level as you - top rankings in most leagues I played in. To put this in perspective, I played a guy one time that was really good - played at a top level for awhile here locally, until he decided there was no future in pool. He placed top 4 at Canadian championships, and beat Erik H a few times. I gambled with a guy that thought he could give me the 5 out, and I BBQ'd him. So, Mike (the very good player) said "I think you'd roast ME with that spot, but let's try it". He beat me 11-8. And he was no Jayson Shaw.

The 5 out against a top player isn't much of a spot, honestly. When the soft break and the Sardo were in use one year at Cardiff, there were a ton of 11-0 whitewashs.

Shawn if I had a choice between the 5 out OR the 5 and the break I think it's a no brainer choosing the 5 and the break. My opponent can't put a pack on me and I control every game from the break aspect. Assuming I am controlling the cue ball and making at least 1 ball on most if not all breaks that is huge. I was getting more of a laugh based on OPs comments about the 100k and the spot changing etc.

Apocalypse2017
11-02-2015, 12:08 PM
When Jayson is nonchalantly one stroking and running out its scary.

....but I'll play him with the 5 and the snaps for a 100k

Disclaimer: I can put the 5 in the wing-ball position with the magic rack and it counts on the break.

JoeyInCali
11-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Ya and as soon as he met one he bit a piece of his ear off and still took a boxing lesson

That was his THIRD loss. :D
He went out w/out an incident against Douglas and Holy.
Then that rematch with Holy. :grin:

Jayson Shaw is not overrated . There are just way too many monsters there now .
If you had a time machine and took him back to the 70's and 80's, he would have had a lot of titles on him.

Bank it
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Because of his shotmaking, he has the luxury of playing position routes that you don't often see.

Very shrewd observation Mr. Rosenstock & very true. Most don't see it. Greenie for you sir.

PoolBum
11-02-2015, 12:31 PM
If you had a time machine and took him back to the 70's and 80's, he would have had a lot of titles on him.

Not with guys like Mike Sigel shooting a TPA of over .900 for an entire tournament. Shaw has too many lapses to fade that kind of consistency.

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 12:33 PM

lmao, my thoughts exactly

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 12:35 PM
The first time I saw Shaw was a couple years ago at a Joss event. Even then, your statement is true. He's a GREAT shotmaker but that doesn't explain everything about his game. Because of his shotmaking, he has the luxury of playing position routes that you don't often see.

Regarding the OP, I don't think anyone "overrates Shaw". He took 5th which is a fine performance only a world beater can do. Is he the best in the world? Top 3? Shit, we all know pool here and can argue top three all day long. I don't think pool has that Michael Jordan-type player right now. There are a dozen that could all be "the best" at any point in time and most on azb will agree Shaw is one of them.
thank you jude for an intelligent post

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 12:37 PM

according to your own words here, you are a fish......we should play

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Overrated? I don't know, what's he rated in the first place?

I do find it hilarious that someone says a guy is overrated and then says in the same thread that he would play him for 100k with a ton of weight.

no sir he said jayson could rob me with the 5 out and I said I would play him for 100k with that weight....follow along little guy

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 12:55 PM
congrats you are my first ever on ignore list.....I don't deal with tard trolls.....say goodbye :wave2:

Well at least you aren't a hypocrite...Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you, the OP.

JB Cases
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
no sir he said jayson could rob me with the 5 out and I said I would play him for 100k with that weight....follow along little guy

Got it. Sorry, it's normal for people to think that knocking anons can't play. You're probably a world-beating hustler.

Probably some kind of underground champion that would rob his mother, the shining example of what's right with pool.

Jayson might rob you anyway. He has that sort of firepower to outrun the nuts. One thing is for sure......he is Jayson Shaw - not some anon knocker on a forum - he is out there doing his thing playing pro pool and supporting a new family through his skill on the table while some random anons on forums talk about him. He isn't talking about you but it instead traveling the world and taking scalps.

While anons sit around fantasizing about getting the five out from him while at the same time knocking his game Jayson is already headed to the next event.

Not bad for a kid in his twenties.

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Well at least you aren't a hypocrite...Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you, the OP.

people that post other posts like this define troll lmao

Spimp13
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Lol I am just about the complete opposite of a troll on this forum. Calling someone out for being a hypocrite doesn't make them a troll lmao. It's all good, I have no reason to respond to you anymore. Keep doing what you are doing OP and gl with your fake woofing on here.

JB Cases
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Or they bring clarity to the discussion.

Jude Rosenstock
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
thank you jude for an intelligent post

I live in New York. If there's one thing that's good for, I get the opportunity to play some of the world's best at our local tournaments. In tournament play alone, I've played US Open winners, World Champions, Hall of Famers and countless guys with reputations for having a big game. I played Shaw having never heard nor seen the guy play and I knew by the end of the set, he was special. That isn't to say I'm always right. When I first saw Zion Zwi, I under-estimated his game. I thought he was a shortstop on fire. Turns out, he's always on fire. I also thought Santos Sambajon was lucky when he won the World Summit of Pool back in 2004. Looking back, I feel pretty silly for thinking that.

TWOFORPOOL
11-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Jayson clearly is a world class player who can beat anybody at anytime. He can also run over any player at anytime.

Like you, I have yet to miss a ball from watching a match from my chair. However I realize I'm just a B player watching the best players in the world play. They all have their strengths and weakness's no doubt about that.

Do what I have done and put your name and face on your avatar. Lets find out who you really are or are not.

Shawn Armstrong
11-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Jayson clearly is a world class player who can beat anybody at anytime. He can also run over any player at anytime.

Like you I have yet to miss a ball from watching a match from my chair. However I realize I'm just a B player watching the best players in the world play. They all have their strengths and weakness's no doubt about that.

Do what I have done and put your name and face on your avatar. Lets find out who you really are or are not.

I think I found him.....

JoeyInCali
11-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Not with guys like Mike Sigel shooting a TPA of over .900 for an entire tournament. Shaw has too many lapses to fade that kind of consistency.

I'd take him over David Howard and Mike Lebron.
Those two won titles too.

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 03:16 PM

"Follow along little guy"... That's rich.

It looks like you are the one with the on with the "follow along" troubles:
Can't even keep your own bs straight.

railbird99
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I can guarantee you one thing. Jayson is either overrated or underrated.

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Got it. Sorry, it's normal for people to think that knocking anons can't play. You're probably a world-beating hustler.

Probably some kind of underground champion that would rob his mother, the shining example of what's right with pool.

Jayson might rob you anyway. He has that sort of firepower to outrun the nuts. One thing is for sure......he is Jayson Shaw - not some anon knocker on a forum - he is out there doing his thing playing pro pool and supporting a new family through his skill on the table while some random anons on forums talk about him. He isn't talking about you but it instead traveling the world and taking scalps.

While anons sit around fantasizing about getting the five out from him while at the same time knocking his game Jayson is already headed to the next event.

Not bad for a kid in his twenties.

and lou would definitely rob you

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM

John will bet though. Twice, in fact.

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM

wasn't a wise business decision though now was it?

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Depends on how you measure it. I know John's big balls sold cases for him.

poolplaya1976
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Depends on how you measure it. I know John's big balls sold cases for him.

yeah those lovely cases from china

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Point being?

Welcome to 2010... The global marketplace is here.

TWOFORPOOL
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM

Could be! Knowing someone will go off 10k creates a ton of action for JB. He probably has them lined up to play. He just has to know how to matchup in his favor. I am sure many players have lost a bunch only to have it come back 10 fold. Players will come to him and give him too much weight knowing they could win a lot. As a player you should know this!

j_zippel
11-02-2015, 05:21 PM

Easy now, I bought one last week

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Easy now, I bought one last week

Please. No worries at all. They are fine cases and regardless of citizenship, ,those are craftsman-made.

Forr poop-laya to imply the country of manufacture somehow defines quality i laughable...like damn every post- as far as i can tell- that hes made.

pt109
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM

I'm curious....which Made in USA device are you using to post on this forum?

PINKLADY
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
No capitals. No punctuation. All that's missing is CAPS LOCK.

Chase down Jayson, if you want the game. It's only barking if the other dog hears it.

oh he just wants to be like me...! :grin:

Hey Shawn-Honey! nice to see you back! my son still brags about his autographed case from his Canadian Santa.

as for the woofing, i don't have Jayson's number, but consider the message sent. Earl kinda knows him, right? :rolleyes:

PINKLADY
11-02-2015, 06:45 PM
he wants to know:

WHERE?
WHEN?
& WHO?

and i want 10 points for the deal.

pt109
11-02-2015, 07:55 PM
he wants to know:

WHERE?
WHEN?
& WHO?

and i want 10 points for the deal.

Some players aren't very good game makers...
...the order should be
WHO?
WHEN?
WHERE?
WHOW MUCH?
....or how little...those initial prices tend to change when the rubber hits the road

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
What?! How could it be...?

The biggest pool room in the world- AZB- and someone can get a message to shaw in 10min or less?

Who'da thunk it?

Your shot, poop-layer:
http://sproutsocial.com/insights/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/be-present-say-something.jpg

Black-Balled
11-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Some players aren't very good game makers

....or how little...those initial prices tend to change when the rubber hits the road

It bothers me more than a little, the way a few big dumb faces can give the impression that our forum is comprised of big dummies who know next to nothing about pool.

JB Cases
11-02-2015, 09:27 PM

Ok. Guess we will never know since he won't get off the porch.

Who knows? The last two years have been the best ever for JB Cases and the 10k was a tiny fraction of my sales. So who knows what 50,000 views over six months was worth.

Thank you they are lovely. Would you like to see some of them?

http://www.jbcases.com/cases/brettsbaby/brettsbaby-b-back.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/Rugged%20Tonight/rugged3/IMG_5729.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/Asian-Zing/zing736/IMG_5526.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/WEBCASES/untitled%20folder%203/IMG_7077.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/8:28:2015/201/IMG_7239.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/8:28:2015/203/IMG_7260.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/10-27-2015/282/IMG_9047.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/10:1:2015/260/IMG_7599.jpg

PINKLADY
11-02-2015, 11:46 PM

well played.
what he doesn't know is that "Made in Italy" comes from China, too.
EDIT: Italy is now starting to produce in Africa. shhh!

Ron Swanson
11-03-2015, 01:48 AM

Well once, actually, and less than once if you count the monster crawfish at the event, which you should.

There have been all sorts of dumb publicity stunts since the beginning of time. No need to give credit to them.

Ron Swanson
11-03-2015, 01:49 AM

Who knows? The last two years have been the best ever for JB Cases and the 10k was a tiny fraction of my sales. So who knows what 50,000 views over six months was worth.

http://www.jbcases.com/cases/brettsbaby/brettsbaby-b-back.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/Rugged%20Tonight/rugged3/IMG_5729.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/Asian-Zing/zing736/IMG_5526.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/WEBCASES/untitled%20folder%203/IMG_7077.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/8:28:2015/201/IMG_7239.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/8:28:2015/203/IMG_7260.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/10-27-2015/282/IMG_9047.jpg
http://jbcases.com/cases/10:1:2015/260/IMG_7599.jpg

Do people actually buy those monstrosities?

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 06:22 AM

(My house doesn't have a porch.) I said I would play you for $10k any time during a six week period and you crawfished.

You kvetched about how hard doing the SBE was on you.

After I beat you in NJ -- while Mike, Dustin, and I were enjoying a steak dinner -- we did some back-of-the-napkin calculations and figured out that you worked the Expo all week *for us.*

Good business call, Einstein.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Lou Figueroa
I made $48,000 at SBE. Karen had $17,000 in cash in her purse on top of the 7k I posted. The following two weeks we made another $18,000 on the road.

The day you won we drove to NYC and I played Earl Strickland in a weekly tournament.

Since we played I have been around the country and made hundreds of thousands. Spending 10k on a match with you with a 6 month leadup was cheaper than buying advertising space.

So I don't know....maybe it wasn't a good business decision but the fact is that it doesn't matter because my business is stronger than ever and throwing you a tip for my own entertainment was a drop in the bucket.

What's satisfying is that you only got a couple thousand if that. It took a group of you many years to finally step up.

Now you blew 20k opportunity. Guess you were right about someone being a "two-bit coward" if they didn't want to bet 20k.

But thanks.....the new 12 needle embroidery machine is going to make me a ton of money. That's a wise business decision.

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Well once, actually, and less than once if you count the monster crawfish at the event, which you should.

There have been all sorts of dumb publicity stunts since the beginning of time. No need to give credit to them.

I said I would bet $10,000 and that's what I bet.

TheThaiger
11-03-2015, 08:27 AM
I made $48,000 at SBE. Karen had $17,000 in cash in her purse on top of the 7k I posted. The following two weeks we made another $18,000 on the road.

The day you won we drove to NYC and I played Earl Strickland in a weekly tournament.

Since we played I have been around the country and made hundreds of thousands. Spending 10k on a match with you with a 6 month leadup was cheaper than buying advertising space.

So I don't know....maybe it wasn't a good business decision but the fact is that it doesn't matter because my business is stronger than ever and throwing you a tip for my own entertainment was a drop in the bucket.

What's satisfying is that you only got a couple thousand if that. It took a group of you many years to finally step up.

Now you blew 20k opportunity. Guess you were right about someone being a "two-bit coward" if they didn't want to bet 20k.

But thanks.....the new 12 needle embroidery machine is going to make me a ton of money. That's a wise business decision.

48 large? Bullshit.

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 08:30 AM

$48K...

Sorry. My BS Meter just flipped out. You couldn't even cover a $100 side bet shouted out before the match.

Lou Figueroa
gonna have to have
the damn thing
recalibrate now

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 08:32 AM

You said (repeatedly):

I will cover all bets up to $30K at the venue.

I have a $500 a game side bet with Lou's wife.

Guess what...?

Lou Figueroa

SakuJack
11-03-2015, 08:33 AM

Well we all know this isn't true.

The fact that you feel the need to talk about the money you supposedly made in the lead up to and off the back of your match with Lou, only says to me that the loss still stings, in spite of your implication that it doesn't.

And what has any of this got to do with the thread (not directed only at you, JB)?

TheThaiger
11-03-2015, 08:34 AM
$48K...

Sorry. My BS Meter just flipped out. You couldn't even cover a $100 side bet shouted out before the match.

Lou Figueroa
gonna have to have
the damn thing
recalibrate now

Come come, Lou. Mrs B. wasn't running off to find Dennis spears, she was off to the bank.

TheThaiger
11-03-2015, 08:39 AM

And many others.

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:46 AM

The fact that you feel the need to talk about the money you supposedly made in the lead up to and off the back of your match with Lou, only says to me that the loss still stings, in spite of your implication that it doesn't.

And what has any of this got to do with the thread (not directed only at you, JB)?
Of course the loss stings but not because of the money.

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 08:50 AM

I apologize for the hijack.

John, do me a favor and leave me out of your ravings.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:54 AM
$48K...

Lou Figueroa
gonna have to have
the damn thing
recalibrate now
Well..... Guess that's why I just offered to freeze up 20k in advance.... But you won't get off the porch...so now poolplaya1796 won't get to see you torch me.

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
You said (repeatedly):

I will cover all bets up to $30K at the venue.

Guess what...?

Lou Figueroa
And I changed my mind and bet the 10k we agreed to. Guess you should have called my offer to double that bet the four times I made it in the two months prior to the match.

Sorry you went through all that for only a few grand. But thanks for playing. Should I send the tax form only in your name or do you want to provide a list. I can't believe that I forgot to give it to you so you can declare it as income.

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
I apologize for the hijack.

John, do me a favor and leave me out of your ravings.

Lou Figueroa
Sorry wasn't me who mentioned you. Direct your commands at the op.

JB Cases
11-03-2015, 09:05 AM

What it looks like to site visitors when haters troll me instead of staying on topic

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/0bb7e8c36c5c5a25579156da5d5dfe88.jpg

Alex Kanapilly
11-03-2015, 10:25 AM

I've read most of this thread and while I don't agree with the OP in his choice of words (I don't agree that his safety game is "quite weak" for example), I think I agree with his overall sentiment in that JS has a slightly "looser" game than the very very best. If you watch his style vs. some of those other top guys, it's more natural than technical. The talent is undeniable but he's not methodical and disciplined like the other guys (say Shane or Bergman for example).

IF he wanted to, I think he could add a bit of discipline to his game by working with a good coach and get to the top of the heap. I don't think he should get too far away from his natural style but it could make a big difference in tournament performances if he could find a way to eliminate that one extra mistake he seems to make every now and again. At the level he's playing at, that's all it takes.

My opinion is based only on watching him play in the Bergman match and the US Open, I don't know the guy. I started paying attention to him recently when a friend came back from an extended east coast visit and couldn't stop talking about him. I truly think he might be the most talented player out there right now and I really enjoy watching him play.

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Lou Figueroa

lmao.....lou that was kinda funny

haystj
11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
The 5 out does you no good if you never get to see a ball past the 4 ball. Which is what would happen against Jayson.

railbird99
11-03-2015, 11:46 AM
The 5 out does you no good if you never get to see a ball past the 4 ball. Which is what would happen against Jayson.

Well he seems to give his opponents enough opportunities a lot of times.

hang-the-9
11-03-2015, 02:06 PM

Actually, straight from Mike's mouth "He's better", he said that to me while he was watching Jayson practice. I don't know if I think that Jayson is a favorite over Mike when it comes to my money, but I have watched both players plenty of time and Jayson can make shots that are really hard to make better than anyone else I can think of. Mike seems to have a better overall game though including strategy.

Jayson's issue that I think keeps him from winning everything is seemingly going from superhuman to subhuman if he is down or the other player catches a gear. There are many players that don't make the balls as good that stay in the game better when down.

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 06:15 PM
lmao.....lou that was kinda funny

er, not sure what you're speaking to but I did have some responses above my sig, noted in bold.

Lou Figueroa
not funny when
you have to 'splain them

gxman
11-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Got beat by Little Ko twice. Still a respectable 3rd place finish.

Let's see what Shaw has to say on FB..

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Got beat by Little Ko twice. Still a respectable 3rd place finish.

Let's see what Shaw has to say on FB..

that little ko got all the rolls

Black-Balled
11-03-2015, 06:44 PM
It is a shame poopplayer never acknowledged be said summa the dumbest shit ever said on ye olde azb..

Hed take the 5 and bet 100k of hs own against jayson.

I am still laughng.

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 06:53 PM
It is a shame poopplayer never acknowledged be said summa the dumbest shit ever said on ye olde azb..

Hed take the 5 and bet 100k of hs own against jayson.

I am still laughng.

I am a world beater what can I say? but this thread might hit 200 posts.....I am a celebrity :cool:

PINKLADY
11-03-2015, 08:19 PM
i have to go out-of-pocket for the next 3-5 days; unavoidable. further correspondence needs to be redirected to Jayson @ FaceBook. FYI OP, don't drop it to $200, race to 100, giving up 99 on the wire, the breaks, and the 5 out; common.

PL - <---- hoping this thread stays on track, unless JB & Lou want to run a Scotch Doubles. :yikes: (i'm available via text)

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 08:32 PM
i have to go out-of-pocket for the next 3-5 days; unavoidable. further correspondence needs to be redirected to Jayson @ FaceBook. FYI OP, don't drop it to $200, race to 100, giving up 99 on the wire, the breaks, and the 5 out; common.

PL - <---- hoping this thread stays on track, unless JB & Lou want to run a Scotch Doubles. :yikes: (i'm available via text)

again, a troll made the comment that I couldn't beat jayson with the 5 out......I simply responded that with that weight I would bet 100k of my own......I am a top amateur nationally that decided 15 years ago to get my finance degree and not pursue professional pool because it didn't have a future.....there are a lot of fish who cant play on here, I am not one of those......I do enjoy the attention though, fun tilting fish and morons

Black-Balled
11-03-2015, 08:53 PM
again, a troll made the comment that I couldn't beat jayson with the 5 out......I simply responded that with that weight I would bet 100k of my own......I am a top amateur nationally that decided 15 years ago to get my finance degree and not pursue professional pool because it didn't have a future.....there are a lot of fish who cant play on here, I am not one of those......I do enjoy the attention though, fun tilting fish and morons

Then you truly are a tool.

Top amateur...I continue to laugh at your stupidity. after the first hour, jayson would have you by the throat.

mikeyfrost
11-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Top amateur...I continue to laugh at your stupidity. after the first hour, jayson would have you by the throat.

At any point now someone is gonna have to eat a whole bag of d*cks and it's not gonna be pretty...it's really gonna suck.

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 08:56 PM

you are top 5 biggest moron on here sir......please offer to back jayson......but like fast eddie said "too much money and I am an unknown" LMAO

PINKLADY
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
At any point now someone is gonna have to eat a whole bag of d*cks and it's not gonna be pretty...it's really gonna suck.

isn't that MY line? ;)

Shawn Armstrong
11-03-2015, 09:08 PM
you are top 5 biggest moron on here sir......please offer to back jayson......but like fast eddie said "too much money and I am an unknown" LMAO

Maybe you don't read so well. Ping Jayson on FB, toolbox. Get your money, set up your game with him. Rob him, and hang his scalp on your wall, "top amateur". I have no dog in this fight. Also, most finance majors/graduates I know use capitals and punctuation. They can also post to a newsgroup outside of standard school hours. Just saying.

worldbeater
11-03-2015, 09:17 PM

I can give a B player the 6 out and the breaks...especially in a big table. Alot goes into that equation. If you add up dry breaks, scratches and failed runouts to the 6 it starts to make sense. If the B is getting to the 6 at 40% or better without me shooting I cant win. To me that's the tipping point. I'm gonna win by safing better early in the rack, or playing tie ups better or making easy outs of 6 balls or less. As a AA level, not quite shortstop level player, there's a lot yoy can give up. If you are B or lower and a guy wants to give you the breaks it isn't much and can actually hurt you as bad or worse than winner break.

If the OP plays about my speed he would be a favorite getting the 5 out from anybody on the planet. ..breaks or not.

This match will never happen anyway cause he may have game and even money, but will inevitably fall short in the heart category. So few have all 3.

mikeyfrost
11-03-2015, 09:20 PM
isn't that MY line? ;)

I have no comment

PINKLADY
11-03-2015, 09:22 PM

again, you woofed; i obliged. i was only trying to help. you're obviously an accountant, since you realize it's not cost-effective re: pool. so you're in GSO? are you with EY????

if you're in GSO, i can be at you in 5-10 mins to further discuss your match with Jayson.

as for your references to several herein as "trolls" - i'd advise you to know whereof you speak.

(Shawn, my apologies for non-capitalization, but i type 40wpm faster without it)

Shawn Armstrong
11-03-2015, 09:27 PM
I can give a B player the 6 out and the breaks...especially in a big table. Alot goes into that equation. If you add up dry breaks, scratches and failed runouts to the 6 it starts to make sense. If the B is getting to the 6 at 40% or better without me shooting I cant win. To me that's the tipping point. I'm gonna win by safing better early in the rack, or playing tie ups better or making easy outs of 6 balls or less. As a AA level, not quite shortstop level player, there's a lot yoy can give up. If you are B or lower and a guy wants to give you the breaks it isn't much and can actually hurt you as bad or worse than winner break.

If the OP plays about my speed he would be a favorite getting the 5 out from anybody on the planet. ..breaks or not.

This match will never happen anyway cause he may have game and even money, but will inevitably fall short in the heart category. So few have all 3.

This all started with some guy posting about Jayson being overrated. Most, if not all, of us have said he isn't. The OP wants to make comments about Jayson's game. I merely stated I thought it was funny that a guy who PROBABLY couldn't beat Jayson with the 5 out was cutting up his game. I then said he should offer to coach Jayson. The trollfest started with a $100k woof from the cheap seats. I have said he should make a game with Jayson. They can work out the details. Jayson hasn't offered him the 5 out. If Playa wants to make a game with Jayson, he knows how to do it. Jayson apparently knows who he is, as he has said once Jayson heard his name, the spot would tighten up real quick. Where I come from, you don't talk shit about someone's game unless you can beat them, with no spot. Otherwise, know your role, and shut your hole. That's how I was raised.

worldbeater
11-03-2015, 09:40 PM
This all started with some guy posting about Jayson being overrated. Most, if not all, of us have said he isn't. The OP wants to make comments about Jayson's game. I merely stated I thought it was funny that a guy who PROBABLY couldn't beat Jayson with the 5 out was cutting up his game. I then said he should offer to coach Jayson. The trollfest started with a $100k woof from the cheap seats. I have said he should make a game with Jayson. They can work out the details. Jayson hasn't offered him the 5 out. If Playa wants to make a game with Jayson, he knows how to do it. Jayson apparently knows who he is, as he has said once Jayson heard his name, the spot would tighten up real quick. Where I come from, you don't talk shit about someone's game unless you can beat them, with no spot. Otherwise, know your role, and shut your hole. That's how I was raised.
Absolutely. ..could not agree more. I could tell by your other post when someone asks you to play, you just call heads.

I was at a big regional event on day 2 and tried to get action from 7 people. After an hour I just went home...place was like a library.

Had a guy say he wanted to play me 1000 a set. We have a mutual friend that I agreed to post with up front for 2 sets , race v to 21 on 2 dates. I was gonna drive to him to play, his room, his table, his rules. This guy just played the US Open with a backer. Now he won't post up and play. Some guys just don't mean it.

I'll bet anybody in any game I think I can win more than half the time. Sometimes you are right and other times you learn your limitations. Either way it's what makes you play better when it matters.

Allen Brown
11-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Absolutely. ..could not agree more. I could tell by your other post when someone asks you to play, you just call heads.

I was at a big regional event on day 2 and tried to get action from 7 people. After an hour I just went home...place was like a library.

Had a guy say he wanted to play me 1000 a set. We have a mutual friend that I agreed to post with up front for 2 sets , race v to 21 on 2 dates. I was gonna drive to him to play, his room, his table, his rules. This guy just played the US Open with a backer. Now he won't post up and play. Some guys just don't mean it.

I'll bet anybody in any game I think I can win more than half the time. Sometimes you are right and other times you learn your limitations. Either way it's what makes you play better when it matters.

Who are you?

sjm
11-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Shaw is brilliant but only some of the time. Those who've tried to beat him when he's in dead stroke have had a very hard time of it.

You often hear his fellow pros concede that he's virtually unbeatable at times.

Nonetheless, Jayson doesn't always deal with adversity well at the table and is still maturing competitively.

He's not overrated, but he's way too streaky for a player having such great skills.

markgw
11-03-2015, 10:53 PM

I'm not sure how people are rating him but he seems to finish deep in every tournament he enters. Not to mention he has won Turning Stone 3 yrs in a row ...There are a lot of players that people would like drawing besides Shaw!

Grantstew
11-04-2015, 01:30 AM
that little ko got all the rolls

Errr... nope....

"On my way home from Steinway classic finished 3rd. played some great pool and had some nice wins over lot champions happy with my performance over the last 3 weeks. 5th at the us open then 3rd with another stellar field lost twice today against Ko po Chung he younger brother of Ko pin yi he was awesome lots of break and runs not much I could do he is a machine lol "

voiceofreason
11-04-2015, 05:35 AM
So someone asks a question that is impossible to answer, then a load of folks come on line and express their opinion and when people do not agree with their entrenched views, start throwing tantrums.

PS, no one changes their mind as a result of the opposing debate.

Does that about sum up this thread so far?

Might as well ask who would win a fist fight out of Barrack Obama and Abraham Lincoln.

haystj
11-04-2015, 06:33 AM
.I simply responded that with that weight I would bet 100k of my own......I am a top amateur nationally that decided 15 years ago to get my finance degree and not pursue professional pool because it didn't have a future.....there are a lot of fish who cant play on here, I am not one of those.

This is really funny stuff !!!

There are a few people that really make AZB worthwhile, and I think playa can be added to that list.

Grantstew
11-04-2015, 06:49 AM
So someone asks a question that is impossible to answer, then a load of folks come on line and express their opinion and when people do not agree with their entrenched views, start throwing tantrums.

PS, no one changes their mind as a result of the opposing debate.

Does that about sum up this thread so far?

Might as well ask who would win a fist fight out of Barrack Obama and Abraham Lincoln.

Hard to say, but I reckon with the easy access to MMA training that is available now, if you gave Obama a few months he would school Lincoln.

Get_A_Grip
11-04-2015, 07:10 AM
I have followed this thread from the beginning and commented early on. We've already covered that it is ridiculous to say that someone can only critique a player if they play at their level. That's basically what a few have implied, whether the people have realized it or not.

The OP was basically baited into the whole match-up thing. He was silly to entertain the idea, but I took his comments about a match-up as purely hypothetical and to try to make a point.

One poster said that he felt Shaw was top 10 in the world. Well guess what. If the majority of people felt that, heck, I might say he is a bit overrated myself. I think Jay H. mentioned that he was probably in the top 50 in the world. That is closer to what I was thinking.

The whole overrated term is too subjective anyway. SJM summarized Shaw's game and weakness perfectly IMO. I say, no harm no foul to the discussion and the critiques.

jojopiff
11-04-2015, 07:22 AM

I have followed this thread from the beginning and commented early on. We've already covered that it is ridiculous to say that someone can only critique a player if they play at their level. That's basically what a few have implied, whether the people have realized it or not.

The OP was basically baited into the whole match-up thing. He was silly to entertain the idea, but I took his comments about a match-up as purely hypothetical and to try to make a point.

One poster said that he felt Shaw was top 10 in the world. Well guess what. If the majority of people felt that, heck, I might say he is a bit overrated myself. I think Jay H. mentioned that he was probably in the top 50 in the world. That is closer to what I was thinking.

The whole overrated term is too subjective anyway. SJM summarized Shaw's game and weakness perfectly IMO. I say, no harm no foul to the discussion and the critiques.

To me it's perfectly fine to critique a pro's game so long as it's done respectively. The bold were some pretty aggressive statements. "Lot's of flaws", "safety game quite weak", and as these are subjective in the sense of, as compared to whom? Compared to me, for instance, these are absolutely untrue. Compared to top players in the world, maybe some fair critiques. But when you say what was said here and you then entertain playing for $100k of your own cash, people are going to mock and poke fun because most of us been here (or any forum for that matter) know when people make antagonistic statements and then say OH YEAH, I'LL PLAY HIM FOR 100K OF MY OWN MONEY they're probably a troll. Maybe the OP actually is a monster and would rob JS with the 5 out, but doesn't change that any heat he is catching here is due to his phrasing and appearance of astounding arrogance.

But when you don't clarify whom your comparing his "flaws" to, it's usually assumed that you're comparing him to yourself. Which is going to lead a lot of people to say, "if you're so good, then go play him." Which is what appears to have happened here.

Shawn Armstrong
11-04-2015, 07:26 AM
To me it's perfectly fine to critique a pro's game so long as it's done respectively. The bold were some pretty aggressive statements. "Lot's of flaws", "safety game quite weak", and as these are subjective in the sense of, as compared to whom? Compared to me, for instance, these are absolutely untrue. Compared to top players in the world, maybe some fair critiques. But when you say what was said here and you then entertain playing for $100k of your own cash, people are going to mock and poke fun because most of us been here (or any forum for that matter) know when people make antagonistic statements and then say OH YEAH, I'LL PLAY HIM FOR 100K OF MY OWN MONEY they're probably a troll. Maybe the OP actually is a monster and would rob JS with the 5 out, but doesn't change that any heat he is catching here is due to his phrasing and appearance of astounding arrogance.

But when you don't clarify whom your comparing his "flaws" to, it's usually assumed that you're comparing him to yourself. Which is going to lead a lot of people to say, "if you're so good, then go play him." Which is what appears to have happened here.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Someone sees the forest through the trees.

Shawn Armstrong
11-04-2015, 08:30 AM

Baited? I said Shaw could probably spot him the 5 out, and rob him. Playa is the one that threw out a massive $100K bet and said "set it up". Pinklady has got in touch with Jayson, and he's interested. He just wants to know who he is, and where and when he wants to play. Seems like a pretty easy payday, according to Playa. So, it's up to him. No baiting. He crawled out from the bucket of worms by posting "is Shaw overrated?". He then climbed onto the hook and stabbed himself in the face with the power woof for $100k. Now, it's his choice as to if he wants to play Jayson. He just needs to figure out the how much, where, and when. But the game is his, if he wants it. No baiting - he did it to himself.

This reminds me of the internet badass that was ripping Joe Rogan on the internet, saying his knowledge of MMA was shit, and that he could take Rogan any day of the week. He challenged him on Myspace, and Joe said "ok". For those who don't know, Joe was a top ranked TKD fighter as a junior. He took up Judo and Jiu Jitsu, and is a high level practitioner of all three disciplines. Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a556pUcVgO0

haystj
11-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Baited? I said Shaw could probably spot him the 5 out, and rob him. Playa is the one that threw out a massive $100K bet and said "set it up". Pinklady has got in touch with Jayson, and he's interested. He just wants to know who he is, and where and when he wants to play. Seems like a pretty easy payday, according to Playa. So, it's up to him. No baiting. He crawled out from the bucket of worms by posting "is Shaw overrated?". He then climbed onto the hook and stabbed himself in the face with the power woof for $100k. Now, it's his choice as to if he wants to play Jayson. He just needs to figure out the how much, where, and when. But the game is his, if he wants it. No baiting - he did it to himself.

Totally agree with this, but there is something I don't understand.

Does anyone on the planet actually believe PLAYA was being serious in his offer? By contacting Jayson it almost makes me think people believe his dribble.

In my opinion, Mr. Playa's statements should be viewed as what they really are,,, totally ridiculous. And we should just take them at that,,, pure entertainment (or AZ porn).

This bush league psych out stuff. Laughable, man ha ha!

Mr. Wilson
11-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Said Brian Lipes....lol

Allen Brown
11-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Said Brian Lipes....lol

Lmbo. That is Brian? He's a world beater now and scammer, huh?

Spimp13
11-04-2015, 10:23 AM
lmao is anyone really surprised?

gutshot
11-04-2015, 10:24 AM
:rotflmao1::smash::wave2:

Said Brian Lipes....lol

Banks
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Im mostly surprised that a world beater has a 577 fargo rating. There's hope for me yet!

Shawn Armstrong
11-04-2015, 10:47 AM
So, why did Playa get banned? Not that I didn't think he has already on his way down....just wondering if this is a time out, or a heave-ho. We could use more nationally ranked former amateur champs 'round these parts.

justadub
11-04-2015, 03:50 PM

bwahahahahaha

Nope! :p

Next question, is he also kagewest?

erriep
11-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Said Brian Lipes....lol

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=39845713

:->

JB Cases