PDA

View Full Version : Mosconi cup Euro team now complete

8BallWonderland
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Ouschan, Feijen, Boyes, Appleton and Van Den Berg.

Obviously a very good team but I think the USA team has a chance this year.
Unless Wilson picks Schmidt again

terryhanna
11-01-2015, 11:06 PM

That is a very strong team for sure

Hopefully SVB can step up to the plate and play better this year than he has the last 2 year's
and maybe that will give team USA the confidence they need to compete.

PoolBum
11-02-2015, 12:40 AM
My USA Mosconi Cup team would be:

SVB, Dechaine, Bergman, Archer, and Deuel

snucar
11-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Not the best team Europe, but they'll get the job done.

mikeyfrost
11-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Unless they are going to gamble in longer races I'm not sure how Team USA can win. It's incredible they lose this nonsense event like every single year, unless they start putting a bunch of European people on the team together that hate each other they're always going to win. They have the nuts in team chemistry

gxman
11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Damn Europe must hate Thorsten Hohmann.

8BallWonderland
11-02-2015, 01:15 PM
There were so many players that could have been picked.
Thorsten keeps getting left out for some reason but Shaw is yet to get picked and he's had some high finishes and wins this year.
Alcaide must be gutted he was close in points to making the team but did not do well at the us open and that cost him his spot.

sjm
11-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Team Europe is roughly as strong as last year's team, and both teams are quite a bit weaker than the 2013 Team Europe.

Team USA is stronger than last year's team and will surely do better than an 11-5 thrashing.

westcoast
11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Damn Europe must hate Thorsten Hohmann.

I wonder why they never pick him. He might be the best overall European player.

Mezz'd up
11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
It's good to see new talent with Albin being on Team Euro.

And lets hope it a little closer this year - cause it's sure getting boring watching USA get trampled on every year.

runninracks
11-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Yes Schmidt fell apart in the end but he did give USA a good start on day one with the singles match against Gray. He traded break n runs with Gray for six racks and won 5-3 putting USA up 2-1 at that point. That's playing pretty Jam up considering it was the first singles match of the 2014 MC. I think if USA gets a similar start this year on their home turf they will win. How the line up is put together must be one of the hardest things to do as a captain.

CBuck
11-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Team Europe is roughly as strong as last year's team, and both teams are quite a bit weaker than the 2013 Team Europe.

Team USA is stronger than last year's team and will surely do better than an 11-5 thrashing.

This team is stronger I think, it's the same team i said in another thread I thought they would pick. They have 2 complete world cup of pool teams on 1 five man team, the entire 2014 final on a team at that. They can't really do much better, it has the chemistry & best friends all rolled into one. This was probably Marcus' thinking not picking someone else like Thorsten.