PDA

View Full Version : FROM HUSTLER TO CHAMPION, The Untold Story of the Greatest Pool Players in the World

poolnoob
11-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Kickstarter Project about pool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2007078990/from-hustler-to-champion?ref=project_link

couldnthinkof01
11-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Looks Great!

poolnoob
11-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Looks Great!

Yeah, i think so too.

book collector
11-03-2015, 02:04 AM
If it was worth printing , it wouldn't take backers and it for sure doesn't take $55,000.00 to print some paperbacks and see if people are interested.

Johnnyt
11-03-2015, 03:33 AM
I believe it's a movie they want to make. I could swear I have seen everyone of those snips of every player on it. So, do they have the OK to use those to start with and even if they do, they have done nothing but copy a few bites from other peoples work. Not getting a dime from me. Johnnyt

RADAR
11-03-2015, 03:58 AM
Awesome missing interviews with king james rempe & nick varner won many tournaments in there careers!

philly
11-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Wow. Love it. Just wow. That was 6 minutes of fun to start my day. I feel like going to the poolroom now.

wahcheck
11-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Awesome missing interviews with king james rempe & nick varner won many tournaments in there careers!

That's a little problem I have with it too; although there are some great players shown, and I guess it's impossible to mention every great player in history, there are many left out that I would like to see mentioned, as I'm sure many other pool fans would also cite.....I hope they succeed....

JAM
11-03-2015, 07:59 AM
That's a little problem I have with it too; although there are some great players shown, and I guess it's impossible to mention every great player in history, there are many left out that I would like to see mentioned, as I'm sure many other pool fans would also cite.....I hope they succeed....

I'm glad you said it and not me.

Poolshootindon
11-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Great 6 minutes. Just a taste to get us inspired. It worked.

Some great players in the video. All deserve to be there.

Don

pwd72s
11-03-2015, 11:40 AM
If this were an ad for a finished video, I'd buy the video.

Otherwise?

Solomon
11-03-2015, 01:56 PM
In the 'straight to consumer' era that we're in, $55K seems like a lot for such a niche product. Financially, I understand that they probably want to acquire rights to various video clips. However, if they have the players onboard with the project it may be easier and less expensive to film reenactments of those clips. I understand that it's a film that they've wanted to make for a long time, but I'm not sure if it would be a sound financial endeavor. I wish them the best, but I don't think they'll get the backing that they are looking for.

JCIN
11-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Look like some interesting interviews and a classic story line. Best it could hope for is straight to Netflix or if its really well done some festival showings. There is for sure some material in pool for a great doc the problem is that it would take an amazing film maker to make it work for any kind of wide audience.

I would love to see someone like Billy Corben dive into a pool story and would throw some money towards the project if it was crowd funded. Outside of something like that I think its going to be a tough sell. That said if these guys make a doc I'll pay to watch it. Won't pay up front and hope it gets finished.

Poolshootindon
11-04-2015, 05:48 AM
King James and Varner need to be added to any documentary for sure.

Maybe some interviews with past players (if available) of players like Lassiter, Cisero Murphy, The Deacon and Harold Worst would give us all a look at the distant past.

I am sure many will have their favorites and they may not be in the documentary. Life ain't fair. But how can you go wrong with something as special as this.

Don :):)

JohnnyP
11-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Wow, that was great.

Several times I put the cursor at the start of a shot and just kept clicking, watching the shot, hearing the balls, over and over and over.

1:13 Loree John hit the eight ball so good.

2:43 Ortman, "it's like a drug, you gotta go back"

3:02 Schmidtty , "you can't work 40 hours and become a great pool player"

3:07 Archer's Dad asks if he has gas money, then says you can walk home. Is he saying bet the gas money?

4:28 Jeanette says sex doesn't make the nine ball go in.

4:58 Sigel hitting the balls so hard in straight pool

5:39 Efren (?) goes off the point from 9' away

5:40 Buddy goes four rails to a kick (why?)

sonny_burnett
11-04-2015, 08:10 AM
They lost me with "The Hustler might have been the worst thing to happen to pool."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cuesblues
11-04-2015, 08:21 AM
That was a really good, honest, dissertation about pool players, even though he did say and I quote:
"pool players are highly intelligent people"

These guys have obviously never been to North Denver

:smile: