PDA

View Full Version : Bad Problem With John Showman Has Been Resolved To My Satisfication

Quality Cues
11-03-2015, 09:15 AM
I just took delivery of the cue and the work John did was perfect. The refinish is flawless as is the new seamless black elephant ear wrap, which is a little bumpy, just the way I like it. The third shaft was made to the exact specifications that I ordered. John made a joint protector for the 3rd shaft, and it is a dead match to the two he made 14 years ago, way back in 2001 when this cue was made for Gary Nolan (Bushwhacker). John also refinished the original joint protectors to like new condition. I purchased a 1x2 black gator Ron Thomas case from John, and he made me an old style ivory disc for the top of the case that says: "Showman Cues." The reason that I had John do the work to this cue is because it is the best ivory jointed cue that I have ever played and wanted the work done by the original maker. Like Tate, I truly hope that John gets his life and career back on track because his cues play great and are gorgeous. Suffice to say, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product, notwithstanding the fact that it took almost an extra year to get my cue back.

BasementDweller
11-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Congratulations on getting your cue back.

You handled yourself with total class and dignity throughout the entire affair.

Well played sir.

vladmin
11-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear you got your cue and the work was completed as expected. This has been a roller coaster of a thread

jasonlaus
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I just took delivery of the cue and the work John did was perfect. The refinish is flawless as is the new seamless black elephant ear wrap, which is a little bumpy, just the way I like it. The third shaft was made to the exact specifications that I ordered. John made a joint protector for the 3rd shaft, and it is a dead match to the two he made 14 years ago, way back in 2001 when this cue was made for Gary Nolan (Bushwhacker). John also refinished the original joint protectors to like new condition. I purchased a 1x2 black gator Ron Thomas case from John, and he made me an old style ivory disc for the top of the case that says: "Showman Cues." The reason that I had John do the work to this cue is because it is the best ivory jointed cue that I have ever played and wanted the work done by the original maker. Like Tate, I truly hope that John gets his life and career back on track because his cues play great and are gorgeous. Suffice to say, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product, it's just too bad that it took almost an extra year to get my cue back.

Great news! Enjoy:thumbup: Still regret selling mine

Poolshootindon
11-03-2015, 09:35 AM
I just took delivery of the cue and the work John did was perfect. The refinish is flawless as is the new seamless black elephant ear wrap, which is a little bumpy, just the way I like it. The third shaft was made to the exact specifications that I ordered. John made a joint protector for the 3rd shaft, and it is a dead match to the two he made 14 years ago, way back in 2001 when this cue was made for Gary Nolan (Bushwhacker). John also refinished the original joint protectors to like new condition. I purchased a 1x2 black gator Ron Thomas case from John, and he made me an old style ivory disc for the top of the case that says: "Showman Cues." The reason that I had John do the work to this cue is because it is the best ivory jointed cue that I have ever played and wanted the work done by the original maker. Like Tate, I truly hope that John gets his life and career back on track because his cues play great and are gorgeous. Suffice to say, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product, it's just too bad that it took almost an extra year to get my cue back.

Glad to hear all is OK now.

Don

DaveM
11-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Glad you got your cue back and are happy with he workmanship. Post a few pics, I'm sure many are interested.

phil dade
11-03-2015, 10:10 AM
I am glad this was finally resolved to your satisfaction. I have no idea what JS's problem is.

Sending the cue to JS was the right thing to do for the intergity of the cue. However the fact that you got it back does not in anyway exonerate him.

All the best and enjoy the cue. I hear Showman's cues are simply fabulous but it looks like I wil never know first hand.

BRussell
11-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Awesome! Can you give his address so I can send him my cue?

Dave-Kat
11-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Pleased you finally received your cue as 'promised'. Showman had little choice but to produce after your post revealing his lack of integrity and shoddy work ethics.

Have a good day,

-Davekat

pwd72s
11-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Isn't it amazing what can happen when a cue maker becomes motivated? ;)

RADAR
11-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Awesome to hear Mike turned out great because realy have high hope get a cue from John some day before i am to old! lol

wahcheck
11-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Well, just goes to show that posting these kinds of problems on AZB does work, sometimes...........You waited more than 11 months with no results but many lies and excuses; after you posted almost exactly one month ago here, you got your cue back and happy with results..........long live AZB.........

jayburger
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
While i am glad you finally got your cue back and work completed, i am sure you wouldn,t put yourself through this fiasco again givenwhat you had to go through. I also hope people on az wake up and quit giving these cuemakers a pass when they don,t do what they promise. I give you credit for calling john out for what he did and i hope it makes people realize what they are getting into when trusting him to do work or placing a cue order with him.

acedonkeyace
11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
I do know that John has been dealing with some medical issues and I can empathize with his situation as many others know that I went through almost 5 years of life threatening medical issues.

But, the one thing that I would say is to always keep the communication open betweeen 2 individuals and take away people from making assumtions about what might or what might not be going on.

I know that personal issues many times are not talked about because people want to keep their business and personal issues separate. But, just like this situation, much of the issues could have been resolved to both parties satisfaction if communication would have been kept at a high level. Sometimes, this means you have to disclose personal information about yourself but you would be surprised at how understanding people can be, as long as you explain what is going on and keep the person in the loop.

I wont go off on a long sermon, but I am very happy that issue got rectified to both parties satisfaction.

I know for a fact that even now, JS is dealing with medical issues that I hope he gets fixed so he can get back to doing what so few cue artisans are able to do today and that is to produce a cue, 'THAT EXCEEDS THE BUYERS EXPECTATIONS'

All the best to JS and all parties involved,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

poolhustler
11-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Awesome sauce.... I need Tacos. :)

peterskw
11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Mike,

Glad to hear this!

It took a lot but, great to hear John came through!!!

KP

maha
11-03-2015, 06:11 PM
medical conditions or not if he isnt doing the work all he has to do is return the cue or give the customer the choice of waiting for a year or so.

once the lies start all bets are off.

sonny_burnett
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Awesome! Can you give his address so I can send him my cue?
[emoji23]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul
11-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Sounds like your ordeal is over as you now have a pristine Showman cue and John has resolved the problem to your ultimate satisfaction........thanks to John for coming forth and taking care of this and hopefully, any health related issues are now a distant memory.

Matt B.

ZeroSkylineX
11-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I can't believe after all that trouble, you still had to pay full price. Not only that, where's the photos at man..?

Quality Cues
11-03-2015, 09:22 PM
I can't believe after all that trouble, you still had to pay full price. Not only that, where's the photos at man..?

I will post some photos as soon as we have some good natural sunlight on the weekend. It does not look promising for this weekend, but one never knows. Please stay tuned for some photos.

c and c
11-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Glad to hear maybe he had an ora our something...

Duane Remick
11-04-2015, 06:16 PM
I will post some photos as soon as we have some good natural sunlight on the weekend. It does not look promising for this weekend, but one never knows. Please stay tuned for some photos.

glad John got it back to You
ENJOY :smile:

jazznpool
11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Great news Mike. Glad to hear everything worked out all around.

Ken_4fun
11-05-2015, 06:27 AM
IMO, for John and his "issues", karma is a *****.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

Ken