PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of travelling to Mosconi

ShaunR
11-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Who else is thinking of going to Vegas to watch this years Mosconi cup ???

poolplaya1976
11-03-2015, 04:16 PM

thinking about it but very tough to when you can get it streamed for free

JCIN
11-03-2015, 04:46 PM
I'll probably be there once or twice to visit with some people. The Cup is a great show. Nothing else like it in pool.

customcue
11-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Will be there with some buddy's from Germany and Netherland to enjoy the show. Hope meeting some forum memebers personal.

8ballEinstein
11-03-2015, 06:04 PM
I'll be there. I enjoyed it the last time I was at the Cup, in 2009.

lfigueroa
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM

I've been a few times and had to make a decision earlier this year.

And, with the last minute changes, points for bar box events, no Michaela... I decided to go sit in the sun in Mexico and watch it from my iPad.

Lou Figueroa

Cuebuddy
11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
I was lucky enough to go two years ago and will return this year. Like Justin said there is really nothing else like it. I have contacted many of the members who made the trip in 2013 and they will not be going this year:(.

I am working on a new batch of mini cues to show off at the event and look forward to meeting new folks from AZB.

Major bummer that Michaela won't make it. I would encourage anyone that's on the fence to give it a try.

Have fun in Mexico Lou!

Here is a pic of some of the crew two years ago.

Busboy
11-03-2015, 06:31 PM
I'll be there :thumbup:

Joe_Jaguar
11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
I'd fly out to it if I could get some decent flights out of Jax, With everything having to connect, they are far and few between, especially under $500. It was so much easier when I was flying out of Chicago.

If I do make it out there I think the first thing I will do is head back over to Aria for some soft shell Sampan chili crabs: http://www.aria.com/sites/default/files/9999_Aria_FB_Lemongrass_Dinner%20Menu.pdf

Damn good.

dardusm
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm making it out there for my first live cup. Looking forward to it. I think it might be pretty competitive.

jasonlaus
11-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I'd fly out to it if I could get some decent flights out of Jax, With everything having to connect, they are far and few between, especially under $500. It was so much easier when I was flying out of Chicago.

If I do make it out there I think the first thing I will do is head back over to Aria for some soft shell Sampan chili crabs: http://www.aria.com/sites/default/files/9999_Aria_FB_Lemongrass_Dinner%20Menu.pdf

Damn good.

Make sure you try the bone in Ribeye at Jean Georges(Aria), if i go that will be my first and last stop.

Cuebuddy
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Damn good.

Make sure you try the bone in Ribeye at Jean Georges(Aria), if i go that will be my first and last stop.

I think I might need to hang out with you two. When I was there last I had the Egg Mcmuffin from the McDonalds across the street from the Riviera. It was ok:embarrassed2:

sjm
11-03-2015, 08:49 PM
I'll be there and look forward to catching up with old friends and making a few new ones. If we get crushed 11-5 again I'll need a shoulder to cry on, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Mooneye
11-03-2015, 08:57 PM
My wife and I decided last night that we're going. Hope to meet some of you there.

cardiac kid
11-03-2015, 09:09 PM
I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, me and a friend are off the the Grand Canyon to try to do the walkway. Look forward to seeing all my AZ buddies. I'll be the really old guy with the dark sunglasses on!

Lyn

rattleryan9
11-03-2015, 10:27 PM
I'll be there. I enjoyed it the last time I was at the Cup, in 2009.

I might make it out there as well depending on finances... Be neat if we could get Darin to go too..

CMarshall
11-03-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm going for sure! My Mother in Law bought me tickets to the last day for my birthday…. I've never been I'm really looking forward to it.

ososlow
11-03-2015, 10:33 PM
My wife and I are going. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Grantstew
11-04-2015, 04:06 AM
Myself and about 10 buddies flying in from Amsterdam for 10 days, gonna play a few house tournaments, and see the sights as well as watch the annual slaughter ;)

nplum24
11-04-2015, 06:14 AM
I will be there! Love this event!!!! USA!

Kris_b1104
11-04-2015, 01:13 PM
We should update this thread like a week before the Cup so we can have a little AzB meet-up. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Gonna be my first Cup live.

GO USA!!!!

Anyone buying these bad boys? I am :D

jay helfert
11-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I'll be there, yacking away as usual. Once again, Team USA are the huge underdogs. How times have changed in the last ten years! :sorry:

Macksco
11-04-2015, 02:01 PM
be going again this year - 2 years since last 1 i went to and looking forward to it. Going with another pool player so will be in the pool hall after each days sesssion trying to play 1 pocket!

spent last year watching it with Michaela's Husband who used to play a bit himself...

Eurrroooppppppeee....

hang-the-9
11-04-2015, 03:53 PM

I am also thinking about a three-way with Selma Hayek and Hayden Panettiere, but don't think it will happen either.

8ballEinstein
11-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I might make it out there as well depending on finances... Be neat if we could get Darin to go too..

I hope you can make it. I'll do what I can to get Darin to the event. Oh I know he'll say he's scheduled to work. He just doesn't realize that this is the very reason God created sick days. :)

real bartram
11-04-2015, 07:38 PM

I thought of going but it's during the week .

Cuebuddy
11-04-2015, 08:51 PM
I thought of going but it's during the week .

Chris, it is during the week and no one here needs to work more then me....but don't let work stop you from being part of the most unique match on the planet, work will be there when you get back.

Last time the M-cup was in Vegas I was there, for myself the event was magical.
Living in a remote area and rarely getting to see big events or meet others that are into the game I was in Heaven.

I owe my first class experience to a fellow AZBer who took the time to introduce me to EVERYONE who is anyone that had made to the cup. I had also met quite a few other AZBers who had contributed to a thread just like this one.

I was able to meet,
Bob Jewett
Jeanette Lee
Darren Appleton
Mika Immonen
Max Eberle
Buddy Hall
Johnny Archer
Alison Fischer
George Fels
Lou Figueroa
Fat Albert
SJM (Stu)
Jerry Forsyth
Karen Corr
Pat Fleming
Ken Shuman
Michaela Tabb
PINKLADY
KoolKat9Lives
Jay Helfert
and a host of others I cannot remember right now.

I was able to eat breakfast with a few of team USA and party with team Europe.

I am not sure about anyone else here but the chance to rub elbows with folks that are into the game and the industry don't come around much so I will not miss this event for work.

kagewest
11-04-2015, 11:28 PM
We should update this thread like a week before the Cup so we can have a little AzB meet-up. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Gonna be my first Cup live.

GO USA!!!!

Anyone buying these bad boys? I am :D

You will be easy to spot. I'll be sure to introduce my self.

real bartram
11-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Chris, it is during the week and no one here needs to work more then me....but don't let work stop you from being part of the most unique match on the planet, work will be there when you get back.

Last time the M-cup was in Vegas I was there, for myself the event was magical.
Living in a remote area and rarely getting to see big events or meet others that are into the game I was in Heaven.

I owe my first class experience to a fellow AZBer who took the time to introduce me to EVERYONE who is anyone that had made to the cup. I had also met quite a few other AZBers who had contributed to a thread just like this one.

I was able to meet,
Bob Jewett
Jeanette Lee
Darren Appleton
Mika Immonen
Max Eberle
Buddy Hall
Johnny Archer
Alison Fischer
George Fels
Lou Figueroa
Fat Albert
SJM (Stu)
Jerry Forsyth
Karen Corr
Pat Fleming
Ken Shuman
Michaela Tabb
PINKLADY
KoolKat9Lives
Jay Helfert
and a host of others I cannot remember right now.

I was able to eat breakfast with a few of team USA and party with team Europe.

I am not sure about anyone else here but the chance to rub elbows with folks that are into the game and the industry don't come around much so I will not miss this event for work.

This post is making me want to take off work for the week .

Cuebuddy
11-05-2015, 08:25 AM
This post is making me want to take off work for the week .

I hope you can make happen. If I see you out there I will buy dinner.

sjb
11-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I'll be there! First time for me. Really looking forward to it. :thumbup:

jasonlaus
11-05-2015, 09:43 AM
You will be easy to spot. I'll be sure to introduce my self.
The way you talk to people I'm surprised you'd introduce yourself at all. Lol

kagewest
11-05-2015, 10:01 AM
The way you talk to people I'm surprised you'd introduce yourself at all. Lol

I have a very low tolerance for ignorance. I understand it is not their fault but when they don't listen it becomes frustrating. Some people just don't appriciate learning.

bfdlad
11-05-2015, 10:21 AM
I will be there. Getting married at the Tropicana on the Saturday and then staying for the MC.

Apocalypse2017
11-05-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm really thinking about going this year.

8ballEinstein
11-05-2015, 06:52 PM
I'll be there! First time for me. Really looking forward to it. :thumbup:

It would be a pleasure to meet you at the event. Anyone who's willing to spar with LWW and unmask him when he gets it all wrong on NPR, deserves a drink on me. :wink:

BmoreMoney
11-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, me and a friend are off the the Grand Canyon to try to do the walkway. Look forward to seeing all my AZ buddies. I'll be the really old guy with the dark sunglasses on!

Lyn

You said that last time too didn't ya lol?

Cuebuddy
11-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Well here we are about a week from the show. Anymore Takers?

Two years ago PINKLADY organized for the AZers to meet in the lobby at a certain time on the morning of day one. This worked ok and we met up after the games were over each day and played pool at one of the pool rooms.

I will now take a nap and check back later to see if anyone has any better ideas.:cool:

Here is a list of places with tables in the area.

Good timez looked good and is somewhat close.

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=poolhalls&find_loc=Las+Vegas%2C+NV

Cuebuddy
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Well PINKLADY was much better at the 2013 faces to names get together then I am in 2015:p