PDA

View Full Version : Updated WPA Rankings

arps
11-04-2015, 01:57 AM
The WPA website just updated the rankings for men. I took a screenshot of the top 20.
We have 5 from china and 4 from Taipei.

voiceofreason
11-04-2015, 03:40 AM
No American's then it seems?

hang-the-9
11-04-2015, 06:15 AM
No American's then it seems?

I think it's been pointed out a few times that the reason some countries don't show up in the WPA ratings is because most of the events that they use for rankings they don't play in. The ratings would only be valid if it was an actual tour that all the pros played in and could travel to. If every player played in every event, there would be 2-3 US players in the top 20.

Rhea
11-04-2015, 09:58 AM
I think it's been pointed out a few times that the reason some countries don't show up in the WPA ratings is because most of the events that they use for rankings they don't play in. The ratings would only be valid if it was an actual tour that all the pros played in and could travel to. If every player played in every event, there would be 2-3 US players in the top 20.

this is why FargoRate > WPA & WPBA

Kris_b1104
11-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Wow my boy Shane fell off.

JumpinJoe
11-04-2015, 10:36 AM
The best rating system is cash.
Whatever player makes the most cash is doing the best.
Not even a debate.

snucar
11-04-2015, 10:59 AM
this is why FargoRate > WPA & WPBA

Ranking and rating are two different things.

arps
11-04-2015, 11:04 AM

if you look at the table, you will see that there are 3 WPA tournaments held in the US. in addition to that, no tournaments were played in Taipei, yet 3 TRAVELING players from that country belong to the top 5.
there's probably another reason why the US is not there.