PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open 9 Ball Champoionship - DID EVERYONE GET PAID?

JoeyA
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Ok, every year we have a thread about how so an so didn't get paid and we whine about how rotten Barry is for not paying the players on time.

S0, did EVERYONE get paid this year?

JoeyA

Jack Justis
11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I heard they all got paid plus Barry threw in a 10% bonus....

ctyhntr
11-04-2015, 10:57 AM
This won't prevent resident AZ trolls from bringing this up again a month or two later. Right after regurgitating about the high cost of bottled water, parking, streaming, and Kevin Cheng as Cinderella for winning the US Open.

railbird99
11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
I haven't got paid yet. This is ridiculous.

ChicagoRJ
11-04-2015, 01:54 PM
I haven't got paid yet. This is ridiculous.

Were you even within a 500 mile radius of the US Open ;)

railbird99
11-04-2015, 01:58 PM

That's a minor technicality, just like Allen Hopkins not being in the tournament until after it started. Where's my money Barry...?

JB Cases
11-04-2015, 01:58 PM

What are you drinking Jack? :-)

10% bonus.........hilarious.

King Jehu
11-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Didn't Barry have prize money in an escrow through Accu-Stats for this event?

JoeyA
11-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Didn't Barry have prize money in an escrow through Accu-Stats for this event?

YES!
JoeyA

Bank it
11-04-2015, 03:09 PM
It really should be a non issue. It's great that it went well this year & Kudos to Pat for that. It just seems kind of crazy to praise this as that's what is SUPPOSED to happen & yet everybody is all happy and smiles like Barry went poo poo on the potty for the first time.

JoeyA
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
I agree that the players being paid on time is what is supposed to happen.

But I figured that since Barry gets crucified every year, I may as well give him his props for straightening out this faux pas.

JoeyA

It really should be a non issue. It's great that it went well this year & Kudos to Pat for that. It just seems kind of crazy to praise this as that's what is SUPPOSED to happen & yet everybody is all happy and smiles like Barry went poo poo on the potty for the first time.

BeiberLvr
11-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Did Jay get paid?

<---Stirring the pot

djg576
11-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Did Jay get paid?

<---Stirring the pot

... and the pot thickens...:D:D:D

book collector
11-04-2015, 06:47 PM
You must have done some boxing, the way you weave and bob lol.

SilverCue
11-04-2015, 07:44 PM

I only live 3+ hours away and they didn't even invite me :(

SUPERSTAR
11-04-2015, 07:52 PM
I may as well give him his props for straightening out this faux pas.

JoeyA

Barry straightened it out?
Funny, I thought Pat F. did.

You, I, and everyone else on the planet knows, if Pat didn't step in, and Barry got his hands on that cash, he would have butchered the daylights out of it like he always does.

9Ballr
11-04-2015, 07:55 PM

You talking about Barry Soetero? LOL

By the way you might consider saying your case
names and then "Made in the USA BY AMERICANS".

Not imported labor from Vietnam.

JoeyA
11-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Barry straightened it out?
Funny, I thought Pat F. did.

You, I, and everyone else on the planet knows, if Pat didn't step in, and Barry got his hands on that cash, he would have butchered the daylights out of it like he always does.

It was Barry's show. Barry gets props for hooking up with Pat Fleming.

Good lord, even when the man does something right, you take what little bit of improvement Barry made to the event and give all the credit to Pat.

Barry adds, what...$75,000 of added money to this event and can't get credit for bringing in a guy to help manage the finances. The guy Barry brings in, "steps in" or "he would have butchered the daylights out of it like he always does." Barry is the Don Rickles of pool with guys like you.

SHEESH..................:frown::frown:

JoeyA

NYC cue dude
11-04-2015, 09:14 PM
I agree that the players being paid on time is what is supposed to happen.

But I figured that since Barry gets crucified every year, I may as well give him his props for straightening out this faux pas.

JoeyA

Faux pas?

Or repeated, annual felonies? Bounced checks? Intentionally withholding of earned monies? Barry could be in prison for some of what he's done.

spartan
11-04-2015, 09:35 PM
It was Barry's show. Barry gets props for hooking up with Pat Fleming.

Good lord, even when the man does something right, you take what little bit of improvement Barry made to the event and give all the credit to Pat.

Barry adds, what...$75,000 of added money to this event and can't get credit for bringing in a guy to help manage the finances. The guy Barry brings in, "steps in" or "he would have butchered the daylights out of it like he always does." Barry is the Don Rickles of pool with guys like you.

SHEESH..................:frown::frown:

JoeyA

No doubt- Barry (rather than Pat) paid players
The 2 key questions are:
1) Barry came up with the $75K pretty fast. He cannot borrow from Shane since Shane did not win . So did he delay payment to other vendors like hotel, staff wages, rentals etc or borrow from some Vegas loan shark?
2) this is big 40th and Barry got it going when many said it will not happen. So why didn't Barry do his Kumbaya Dance? Or did I miss it? LOL

But the US Open team/crew sure did a hell of a job - befitting of 40th since it boasted strongest field of players in US Open ever
Well done to the US Open team
:grin:

SUPERSTAR
11-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Faux pas?

Or repeated, annual felonies? Bounced checks? Intentionally withholding of earned monies? Barry could be in prison for some of what he's done.

Ssssshhhhh.
You can't be saying stuff like that.
That's supposed to be a secret!
Remember, Barry is an American HERO!;)

daniel
11-05-2015, 04:44 AM
next year barry is banned from the microphone. major improvement. lol