PDA

View Full Version : Dale Perry's stage 4

Mole Eye
11-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Just wondering how good the Dale Perry Stage 4 shaft is. Never having shot with an LD shaft, and wanting to try one without breaking the bank. Wondered how it compared to others.

Mychoads
11-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't think you're going to find a lot of love for Dale Perry on this forum. I was in the same boat as you not long ago, wanting to try out an LD shaft without spending much.

I wound up picking up a player's HXT cue and am very happy with it, especially considering the price. It isn't going to deflect as much as some higher end LD shafts since it's solid maple all the way up to the ferrule which helps when transitioning from a standard shaft. You can take it to bars and don't have to worry about it getting beat around and I think it plays really well. It definitely plays better than I do.

The shafts go for around $100 with whatever thread pattern you want to accompany a current butt, or you can pick up a whole cue for under $150.

Mole Eye
11-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks. I've heard lots of good things about the HXT, but I have a friend with a Dale Perry and I liked the look. Just wasn't sure if it measured up to a true LD. Thanks again

dnixon
11-04-2015, 01:31 PM
its not a bad ld shaft just not the best one but not bad try one

Mole Eye
11-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks again. I think I will give them a try