PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the 1 ball on a 9 ball break

caff3in3
11-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering how may folks try to control the 1 ball on the break. Also, looking for any thoughts on the preferred approach.

I break well and can control the cue ball and normally make 1-3 balls on the break. The 1 in the side and wing ball most often. I want to start controlling the 1 ball and am looking for input on different approaches.

Cheers,

Chris

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RiverCity
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering how may folks try to control the 1 ball on the break. Also, looking for any thoughts on the preferred approach.

I break well and can control the cue ball and normally make 1-3 balls on the break. The 1 in the side and wing ball most often. I want to start controlling the 1 ball and am looking for input on different approaches.

Cheers,

Chris

Watch where it is going to on the side rail on your normal break. If the 1 ball is hitting short of the pocket, hit a little higher on the cb. If its going past the side, a little lower on the ball. The top spin and back spin work very similarly on the break shot head ball, as they do on general frozen caroms.

That said, if you are playing the 1 in the side, you need to be cognizant of where the 2 ball is in the rack, and play for a shot on where it might end up.

Corner ball is much better to go for, then you are playing position on the 1 up table. And again, using whatever spin is needed to get the 1 ball and the cb where you want them.

caff3in3
11-05-2015, 03:24 AM
That is awesome, thanks so much. Looking forward to working on it