PDA

View Full Version : California Bay Area Swap Meet

galipeau
11-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,

I thought I'd throw this out there. I've recently been able to meet a few people from AZB around the local pool halls and I found it was nice to chat in person for once. I see a couple of you guys occasionally, but it might be cool to organize a small get together and see what happens.

If any of you local AZer's have cues they want to trade or sell, this could be a great chance to do so. Could be like a pool swap meet. :grin: I think the primary idea would simply be to have fun, shoot around, and get to know folks. Maybe even a ring game or scotch doubles 1 hole?

I'm guessing most of you are free on the weekends... Saturday or Sundays are fine for me. The Broken Rack, Crown, California Billiards, are all good places to shoot. Please post in this thread if you are interested.

P.S. I have no idea how many are willing to actually come. It could end up being 3 people. Just trying to get a feel here.

DJKeys
11-05-2015, 12:14 PM
We used to do this at Crown a few years back, all of the guys with custom cues would bring them to Crown and everyone would get a chance to hit with all types of cues which would never be possible. Ho Chang, John Irish, Rex Goulet, Mike Lopez, myself, and others would meet a few times a year to do this.

It was a lot of fun, and a few cues traded hands.

-dj

JoeyInCali
11-05-2015, 03:23 PM
We need another cue show there.

Dave-Kat
11-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Sounds good. Let me know :thumbup:

-Kat

NitPicker
11-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Great idea! I would come if something was arranged.

galipeau
11-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Glad to see some response on here!

DJ offered to let me play with his Tasc cue a while back, and that act of kindness made me think of posting the swap meet/casual shoot idea.

Joey, I would love to see a West Coast Cue Show reborn, but I think it would take a super amount of time and effort to put it together. Maybe if enough people get together for the cue swap meet/hangout a few times, it will grow into something bigger (like a real cue show).

I think with four or five guys, we shouldn't need to call ahead, but if there are more I can arrange something to ensure we get tables. Just throwing this out there, but it might be cool to plan it around one of the big tournaments coming up and get a stream going on one of the TV's???

Baron
11-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I'll roll through.

Hidy Ho
11-05-2015, 05:44 PM
We used to do this at Crown a few years back, all of the guys with custom cues would bring them to Crown and everyone would get a chance to hit with all types of cues which would never be possible. Ho Chang, John Irish, Rex Goulet, Mike Lopez, myself, and others would meet a few times a year to do this.

It was a lot of fun, and a few cues traded hands.

-dj

Good o' days David!!!

Baron
11-05-2015, 06:02 PM
^^And I'd have more cues to show if this guy hadn't just bought my last two :o

Hidy Ho
11-05-2015, 06:09 PM
^^And I'd have more cues to show if this guy hadn't just bought my last two :o

Congrat!

I've lost all interest in cues, switched to vaping and now play with sneaky petes (which matches my ability and since I play maybe once a month now).

galipeau
11-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Going to bump up this thread with dates for potential meetings.

January 12th, 13th, 19th or 20th

I thinks there are some tournaments at California Billiards those weekends so I'm happy to meet there, or Edgies. Also East Bay is fine too at Crown or Broken Rack. Just vote for when and where works best for you, and we'll go with the majority. Respond in this thread or PM me.

Baron
11-19-2015, 05:09 PM
California Billiards all the way for me.