PDA

View Full Version : SVB v Chinahov. 10 ball to 30 break outside the box.

actionplayer
11-05-2015, 11:11 AM
SVB v Chinahov. 10 ball to 30 break outside the box.

This match is Nov 6th 8pm in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuRZpxPi7UU

Check out shanes reaction when hears that it is break outside the box. He about pees himself.

Should be a good match. English and Russian commentary.

Kris_b1104
11-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Too bad it doesn't count because the winner will still be missing 70 games.

;)

BarTableMan
11-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Is this streamed? US time?

MiscueBlues
11-05-2015, 12:09 PM
What does break outside the box mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actionplayer
11-05-2015, 12:10 PM

they must break from the sides, outside the diamonds.

most 10 ball breaks break from off center to make 2nd row balls. breaking from side little less conventional

slide13
11-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Links are on that page for the stream, looks like it'll be 11am CST tomorrow I think. I'll be able to catch a little of it I think, looking forward to it.

Shane's reaction to the breaking rules was funny...definitely looked like a surprise to him.

AtLarge
11-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Chinakhov is a terrific player. After watching him play several matches at the WPA
World 9-Ball Championship, I thought he might be a good long-shot pick to win the US Open. He finished 7th/8th there after losing to Cheng on the winners' side and Souquet on the losers' side.

Could be a good match with SVB.

gxman
11-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Can someone list some of Chinahov's tournament finishes or players he has beat? I've seen him go fairly deep into a few recent tournaments.

vacation
11-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, *outside* the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png/800px-Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png

slide13
11-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, within the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

In this case it's outside the box, which is unusual. Unless someone misspoke or I'm misunderstanding, but that is what was said.

PhilosopherKing
11-05-2015, 12:55 PM
I wonder if Chinahov was as surprised to learn it was break outside the box, or did he actually have time to prepare?

btown
11-05-2015, 01:02 PM
If Shane was to meet Putin that would surely make it to our national news stations.. lol

SouthernDraw
11-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, *outside* the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png/800px-Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png

I've never heard the "kitchen" being there. Interesting.

boogeyman
11-05-2015, 01:08 PM
SVB v Chinahov. 10 ball to 30 break outside the box.

This match is Nov 6th 8pm in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuRZpxPi7UU

Check out shanes reaction when hears that it is break outside the box. He about pees himself.

Should be a good match. English and Russian commentary.

SVB breaks best from the box.
If I were Chinahov, I would force SVB away from that position too.

We have a great role model in SVB. He gets up and competes, even
if the rules take away one of his strengths.
You all should realize how much of a class act SVB is.

PhilosopherKing
11-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Too bad it doesn't count because the winner will still be missing 70 games.

;)

There's a reason why it's only 30, same as why it's break outside the box. Did Nick E. negotiate this game for the Russian?

Black-Balled
11-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Good for svb.

See the world, come back with mre money than ya left with.

That said, i think ruslan may ths one.

molinatx4206
11-05-2015, 01:13 PM
There's a reason why it's only 30, same as why it's break outside the box. Did Nick E. negotiate this game for the Russian?

Lol that challenge match was an epic beat down

SouthernDraw
11-05-2015, 01:16 PM
they must break from the sides, outside the diamonds.

most 10 ball breaks break from off center to make 2nd row balls. breaking from side little less conventional

Not sure why anyone would break from outside the box. I assume they are still planning on legal hit on the 1-ball for the break. If I were Shane, I would start asking very specific questions about the rules. Questions that are simple and direct to ensure there is no chance of translation errors. My wife's language is Bulgarian (similar to Russian) and I can tell you that you can't take anything for granted.

AtLarge
11-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Can someone list some of Chinahov's tournament finishes or players he has beat? I've seen him go fairly deep into a few recent tournaments.

You can find many of his in-the-money finishes here: http://www.azbilliards.com/people/5916-ruslan-chinahov/

I watched him play 4 matches at the WPA World 9-Ball Championship in September -- beating Vann Corteza 9-6, Van den Berg 9-4, Gabica 11-5, and then losing to Wang Can 7-11.

At the just-completed US Open 9-Ball Championship, he beat Gallego 11-4, beat Uchigaki 11-7, beat Appleton 11-8, beat Morris 11-5, lost to Cheng 6-11, beat Mazon 11-5, and lost to Souquet 10-11.

The guy can play.

tucson9ball
11-05-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm sure Shane hit the practice table to figure out this break.

Like everything else in a money match, it's negotiable.

So. this guy thinks he can outbreak Shane from outside the box, maybe?

He still has to find a way to win 30 games before Shane.

How many people are betting against Shane?

Remember Donnie Mills playing Shane? Donnie had way better break stats and still lost. I see history repeating itself. Just sayin.....

pocket
11-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Question to Shane:

"What do you have to say to your Russian fans"?

Shane:

"Play pool, have fun playing pool, and respect others".

Classy kid, we are lucky to have him playing during this era of pro pool.

AtLarge
11-05-2015, 01:34 PM
From what I can tell, it will be streamed tomorrow by Genipool14, with a start time of 8pm local time (which is noon Friday USA east coast).

Inaction
11-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Can you bank back to the head rail and send the cueball through the box towards the rack?

jk

DallasHopps
11-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Can you bank back to the head rail and send the cueball through the box towards the rack?

jk

That would be absurd, and even more so after SVB practiced doing it for 6 months and made it an effective break.

I don't want any part of a game against a guy who kick-breaks and consistently makes balls with shape.

Kris_b1104
11-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I feel like this is a setup. Chinahov probably practiced his 10 ball break from outside the box for 8 years until he can finally get a chance to challenge Shane and make his own stipulations to cripple Shane's advantage.

Don't do it SVB!!!!!! It's a trap!!!!!

pt109
11-05-2015, 02:40 PM
They can break outside the box all they want...
...but it takes Corey to THINK outside the box.

Marky Mark
11-05-2015, 03:30 PM
I like Shane on this one. My prediction, 30 - 22.

Cardigan Kid
11-05-2015, 04:22 PM
From what I can tell, it will be streamed tomorrow by Genipool14, with a start time of 8pm local time (which is noon Friday USA east coast).

This is good news, because genipool will most likely post the match in its entirety afterwards for those of us that can't watch the live stream.

Also, did he say they will be playing in Olympic stadium with a lot of fans watching?!
That sounds awesome.

And yes, leave it to the Russians to find a surprise edge to try and take down captain America. Haha.
The interviewer blew the surprise, and will be condemned to the gulag in Siberia for the winter. Like Rocky practicing in the old barn lifting bricks preparing for his fight against Drago, Shane is now in a lone pool dungeon practicing his 10-ball break from outside the box.

Ruslan to Shane: "I must break you. "

I love this sport.

Hidy Ho
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
What are they playing for? Or, is this an exhibition?

Joe_Jaguar
11-05-2015, 06:17 PM
What are they playing for? Or, is this an exhibition?

From another thread: "5K dough at stakes, winner takes all".

Johnnyt
11-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Is it winner break and rack your own with the MR? If it's alt. break, I'd get an early flight to Manila. Sounds like a set up to me. I wonder if it's a gaff table also. Johnnyt

sjm
11-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Ruslan is definitely a rising star of European pool. He was 4th at the DCC nine ball (in 2014 I think) and 7th at the 2015 US Open. He won the 2015 Derby City 14.1 event by beating Orcullo in the quarterfinal and later beating Jayson Shaw in the final.

This guy shoots about as straight as is humanly possible and his rotation pool game is starting to mature.

Whether he's ready for such a long race with Shane is to be determined, but he'll be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

sjm
11-05-2015, 06:38 PM
SVB surely can't be pleased with breaking from the corner. I remember being very disappointed to see them breaking from the corner at the 2014 Mosconi, as it neutralized Shane's greatest advantage. The 2015 Team USA contains the two best breakers in the world from the box in SVB and Dechaine, and our chances go down quite a bit if breaking from anywhere in the kitchen is permitted.

BeiberLvr
11-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Shane 30
Ruslan 18

spartan
11-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Chinakov is probably top Russian player now over Stephanov
I smell an upset :grin:

Win or lose, no biggie. I doubt Putin is going to send his men to ensure Chinakov wins. Putin probably never heard of Chinakov.
Only pool he knows are swimming pool , pool parties.
It is a good warmup match for both for next major, The All Japan which starts Monday (9 Nov)-that's all.
:grin:

Busboy
11-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Looks to be good one to watch where is the stream?

Black-Balled
11-05-2015, 08:22 PM
You can find many of his in-the-money finishes here: http://www.azbilliards.com/people/5916-ruslan-chinahov/

I watched him play 4 matches at the WPA World 9-Ball Championship in September -- beating Vann Corteza 9-6, Van den Berg 9-4, Gabica 11-5, and then losing to Wang Can 7-11.

At the just-completed US Open 9-Ball Championship, he beat Gallego 11-4, beat Uchigaki 11-7, beat Appleton 11-8, beat Morris 11-5, lost to Cheng 6-11, beat Mazon 11-5, and lost to Souquet 10-11.

The guy can play.

He sure can. No easy matches for him at the open this year. I noticed that from my bracket analysis, at the time of event.

poolplaya1
11-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Not sure why almost everyone thinks shane is going to win big?

In Russia, breaking in a diff spot that he didn't practice from.

This will be close, 28-30, 30-28, could go either way.

(((Satori)))
11-05-2015, 10:46 PM
After watching that interview I'm left with one question. Is it true that a referee cant rack a magic rack correctly?

What do some of you think?

poolplaya1
11-05-2015, 11:49 PM
After watching that interview I'm left with one question. Is it true that a referee cant rack a magic rack correctly?

What do some of you think?

Are you joking? Tilt the rack at all and it's different, put it above or below the spot and it's different. Putting it in the same spot every time with the same orientation is a skill and some people are good at it and some aren't.

(((Satori)))
11-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Are you joking? Tilt the rack at all and it's different, put it above or below the spot and it's different. Putting it in the same spot every time with the same orientation is a skill and some people are good at it and some aren't.

No I'm not joking. All that you said about tilting the rack etc is true and more which is why rack your own is in fact the biggest joke of all.

Are you joking when you say racking the magic rack correctly is a skill. You even imply that it is a difficult skill to learn.:smile: Wtf?

Gunn_Slinger
11-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Pretty obvious. If it is break outside the box, its being done on purpose
to slow Shane down. They are trying to rig the game.
It is russia.

marek
11-06-2015, 02:05 AM
Ruslan is definitely no rising star in Europe, he IS a star for 7-8 years winning several medals at european championship. He is one of the best shotmakers to walk european soil and he is fearless. I would compare his game to Roberto Gomez. As for the 10b break outside of the box - it is common at Eurotour/European championships to break like this to make games more tactical. I still see SVB as a favourite in this match but only by small margin, Ruslan is more than able to kill anyone on any given day ;)

caff3in3
11-06-2015, 04:12 AM
I've never heard the "kitchen" being there. Interesting.

It is called the kitchen because back in the days prior to billiards being called 'pool', it was common to have billiard tables in public houses, or 'pubs'. Some were in very populated areas where real estate was at a premium so it was common to have the billiard table in close proximity to where meals were being prepared. The 'kitchen' refers to the part of the table that the cooks were allowed to use to prepare meals while players were playing the game.

RiverCity
11-06-2015, 04:17 AM
"According to Mike Shamos' Illustrated Encyclopedia of Billiards, the question has been the subject of some speculation but the best explanation known is that in the 1800s, many American homes didn't have room for both a billiard table and a dining room table. The solution was a billiards table that had cover converting it into a dining table. Kept in the dining room, which was often barely large enough, it would be placed so that the head rail would face the connected kitchen door, thus afforded a player room for the backswing without hitting a wall. The player was therefore either half or sometimes fully "in the kitchen" when breaking the balls."

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pool-Billiards-2283/Terminology-Origin-kitchen.htm

peter_gunn
11-06-2015, 04:53 AM

Break box isn't 2/4 of the head srting line. Its 1/3 . That is common rule in Europe. 10 ball break- outside the box. 9 ball break - inside the same box

hope this helps :thumbup:

Poolmanis
11-06-2015, 04:57 AM
Meanwhile in Russia....:p

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 05:16 AM
[...] That is common rule in Europe. 10 ball break- outside the box. 9 ball break - inside the same box

hope this helps :thumbup:

I would also guess that they are playing real 10 ball: call pocket, call safe.

And I see no traps; I see that Asians and Europeans are more practiced and disciplined at the art we call American pool.

tlegried
11-06-2015, 07:46 AM
An links for this upcoming stream?

plague
11-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Not sure why anyone would break from outside the box.

don't know if somebody in he end mentioned the reason why
but if you play 10b with template or tapped rack....the break is even more controllable and less demanding than 9b-break

having to move outside the box forces the players to break with more speed...just that

both players have and will use big breaks

pt109
11-06-2015, 08:08 AM
I would also guess that they are playing real 10 ball: call pocket, call safe.

This doesn't make me feel too good for the future of pool.
You take a good game like ten-ball, infect it with the bar-rules sickness...
....and call it the real game?

This ain't Ames, mister....you play some of those clever shots like Efren does...
.....we'll break your thumbs....:rolleyes:

iusedtoberich
11-06-2015, 08:12 AM
Looks like this match is starting in 2 hours. 12:00 PM noon EST.

watchez
11-06-2015, 09:15 AM
What is the link to watch?

iusedtoberich
11-06-2015, 09:20 AM
What is the link to watch?

I think this is it. I'm confused myself....

https://www.youtube.com/user/genipool14

NYC cue dude
11-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I didn't see this mentioned, but there is currently a major event taking place in Moscow right now. Over 100 players. First place is $10k. I don't know how to post pictures, but Thorsten sent me a pic of the venue. It's gorgeous. With a 12noon start for this SVB, match,and considering the 8 hour time difference here in NYC, the match time coincides with the ending time of play tonight of day 1. So I guess they will play this on the streaming tournament table. Since they are streaming this tournament on this YouTube channel, for free, it's a no brainer. Fwiw.

spartan
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Shane playing Kremlin Cup match now v Putnik.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0p7AJ-BJ4c
Shane 3-1 (Race to 8)
After this match , i think he plays Chinakov in that challenge match

Some top players in this Kremlin Cup
Mika Immonen
Thorsten Hohmann
Rodney Morris
Imran Majid
Denis Grabe
Alex Kazakis

:D

AtLarge
11-06-2015, 10:12 AM
It looks like Shane will prevail (ahead 7-3 now in a race to 8). But Putnik is no pushover. I watched him beat Ko Ping-Chung 11-8 at the US Open 9-Ball, shooting a .900 TPA.

AtLarge
11-06-2015, 10:13 AM
And there is no "outside the box" requirement on the break in this 10-Ball event.

AtLarge
11-06-2015, 10:16 AM
SVB over Putnik 8-3, ending with a B&R.

AtLarge
11-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Looks like the Chinakhov match is now scheduled for 21:30 local time = 1:30 pm USA east coast.

PoolBum
11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
SVB over Putnik 8-3, ending with a B&R.

Yep. As John Lennon said many years ago, the stream is over.

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 10:29 AM
This doesn't make me feel too good for the future of pool.
You take a good game like ten-ball, infect it with the bar-rules sickness...
....and call it the real game?

This ain't Ames, mister....you play some of those clever shots like Efren does...
.....we'll break your thumbs....:rolleyes:

lolz
If they wanted to play 9ball, well, they'd play 9ball. And bar-rule sickness? This country is infested with that already: 7 foot pros whining about weight in every state coast to coast.

Neil
11-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Here's the link to the challenge match- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHeDe3aVYWk

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the link to the challenge match.

Also, the Kremlin Cup ref, she is beautiful. Shane should bring that one back with him.

gxman
11-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Here's the link to the challenge match- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHeDe3aVYWk

thanks for the link.

Dan_B
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
looks like they're getting started'

perfect timing , cuase Im setting up camera/ table light

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklrgzRZGG4

Russian feed. They're having technical difficulties on the English stream.

Neil
11-06-2015, 11:51 AM
thanks for the link.

The other link I posted says it is it, but isn't showing anything. This link has the match going on now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklrgzRZGG4 1-0 Ruslan.

gxman
11-06-2015, 11:59 AM
anything at stake??

MiscueBlues
11-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Is it call safety?

Alex Kanapilly
11-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the link. Nice change of pace to see green cloth.

Poolmanis
11-06-2015, 12:16 PM
anything at stake??

I recall it was 5K $

gxman
11-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Shanes going to run away with this. 10+ racks.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Want to put something on that?

Dan_B
11-06-2015, 12:40 PM
over 500 viewing

..is that a lot?

Hidy Ho
11-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Want to put something on that?

I can hear a pin drop ...

Icon of Sin
11-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Putin turned off the internet because Ruslan was losing.

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Is KGB jamming the English feed? (post above me is funnier)

Cardigan Kid
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Ruslan playing the Kamui chalk. Pulls within one 5-6
Just lost the stream.

Cardigan Kid
11-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Putin turned off the internet because Ruslan was losing.

When the feed comes back up, Shane will have roughed-up look, torn clothes, and be down 6-25.
:p

pocket
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
man that arena is a ghost town

Hidy Ho
11-06-2015, 12:54 PM
man that arena is a ghost town

Ya ... I'm sure in USA the sits would be filled with screaming fans for a pool match :thumbup:

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 12:56 PM
They're putting in their 30 million dollar SVB clone right now. He's programmed to loose. But the SVB clone is so good that even programmed to loose, they fear he might beat RC

pocket
11-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Ya ... I'm sure in USA the sits would be filled with screaming fans for a pool match :thumbup:

Ya... I'm sure thats what I meant, you a little grumpy today? Perhaps some milk and a nap?

HurdyGurdy
11-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Subliminal soundtrack--now I want RC to win.

PoolBum
11-06-2015, 01:10 PM
When the feed comes back up, Shane will have roughed-up look, torn clothes, and be down 6-25.
:p

Close, Shane looks pretty rough and he's down 8-7.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I can hear a pin drop ...

As quiet as a mother f@ckin! church....

Dockter
11-06-2015, 01:33 PM
As quiet as a mother f@ckin! church....

I'd take Shane even being down 2 for a small bet but I'm not giving 10 racks lmao. I'll do +2 for 20 if you're interested. :)

corvette1340
11-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Looks like that table is from the cold war era.

Dockter
11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Now that it's even I'll take Shane and give 4 games if anyone is interested

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I'd take Shane even being down 2 for a small bet but I'm not giving 10 racks lmao. I'll do +2 for 20 if you're interested. :)

+2? Don't hurt your back, with that weight.

The Russian is more than a 2 game underdog. Giving up two games, you may as well just pull a knife on me and ask for my wallet.

Dockter
11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
+2? Don't hurt your back, with that weight.

The Russian is more than a 2 game underdog. Giving up two games, you may as well just pull a knife on me and ask for my wallet.

Lol, hey it was closer to 4 at the time. :)

Shane looks like he caught a little gear but I still see it ending up close. No way I would go over -5.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Lol, hey it was closer to 4 at the time. :)

Shane looks like he caught a little gear but I still see it ending up close. No way I would go over -5.

I think 6 will be the magic number. 30-24 for Shane.

Dockter
11-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I think 6 will be the magic number. 30-24 for Shane.

Now I feel like you're robbing me with with a 13-20 lol but I'll take it if you really want to for 20. just as well send me your pp info now.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Now I feel like you're robbing me with with a 13-20 lol but I'll take it if you really want to for 20. just as well send me your pp info now.

If you're giving me the Russian +6, I'll bet $20.

filluptieu
11-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Is the stream no longer working?

Dockter
11-06-2015, 02:16 PM
If you're giving me the Russian +6, I'll bet $20.

You got it.

Hidy Ho
11-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Most importantly, where is the blonde referee??? She's been replaced by Mother Russia!!!

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 04:02 PM

Oops........

MD1108
11-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Congrats to Ruslan Chinahov on his challenge match victory. The guy plays great and always stays so smooth. I had the privilege of watching him shoot straight pool at The Derby this year and it was awesome. He was also one of my dark horse picks at U S Open last week.
Also a congrats to SVB for taking on a game that was completely designed to neutralize one of his biggest weapons. And it did just that. You have to give SVB credit for participating in a game that the house has structured specifically against you.
I understand the business model in place here and totally get the reasoning for this decision by the Russian governing body. It's an exhibition match which offers a chance to highlight professional pool in their homeland and also shine on their rising star Chinahov. The last thing they would want or could afford is for this exhibition match to turn into a very one sided contest. And again, I congratulate Chinahov on this victory. He was the better player today and I look forward to watching him and his contributions to pool for many years to come.
SVB is a world class player. There are times when he does not always play world class speed. The professionalism and determination he brings day and day out make him something special. Not only do I feel lucky to have him represent pool here in America, I feel lucky to have him represent the game as a whole around the globe. I will continue to wish SVB all the best and I am certain there are more victories and titles in his future.

spartan
11-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Ruslan is a badass
Here he is played by Steven Seagal https://youtube.com/watch?v=_SzXGblMcsE
LOL :grin-square:

Dockter
11-06-2015, 07:20 PM
GG Shawn. Next time I'm asking for weight! :thumbup:

Gunn_Slinger
11-06-2015, 09:52 PM
So the gaff table got to Shane and the phony break rules and the billiard cloth speed and the dead rails.....
Now lets play this russian over here on a REAL table with REAL rules!
Oh, and BET some $$$/ I;m in for 10k