PDA

View Full Version : Predator Cues

LegitStick1234
11-05-2015, 04:47 PM
I would love to give a shout out to Predator Cues for their great customer service! They have been delightful to work with in their service and warranty department! Thanks for the great service! Nice to have a good reputable company to deal with!

ctyhntr
11-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Want to share the details? What kind of issue did you have and how did Predator help?

9Ballr
11-05-2015, 07:06 PM
I love how with Predator you can buy one cue and move the weight of it it all over the place.
You can get an 18 oz cue and have it weigh up to 20 oz and everything in between in 30 different weight combinations.
LOVE IT!
Plus they play really well.........at least in my opinion.
I recommend them for those who are experimenting with different weights and
are trying to figure out what works for them.
So many people out there get a 19 oz because they hear a lot of people use
them. What about all the other weights? I'm an 18.5 oz guy but it's taken
many different cues to figure this out...lol

LegitStick1234
11-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Want to share the details? What kind of issue did you have and how did Predator help?

My ferrule cracked. I sent it in and they got right on it and took care of the situation. Also, called me to let me know they were getting to work on it. I was impressed with their prompt service and keeping me in the loop!

Jgar
11-06-2015, 09:17 AM
You were not dealing with Predator you were dealing with a company that fixes their warranty/repairs.

LegitStick1234
11-06-2015, 10:19 AM
You were not dealing with Predator you were dealing with a company that fixes their warranty/repairs.

Well I sent it to the Predator warranty/repair and their email address was @predatorgroup.com. Either way whoever is dealing with it did a fantastic job! Just wanted to give some props that is all! Have a great day!

Ron Swanson
11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
It's site sponsors seyberts who do the repairs.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 10:55 AM
My ferrule cracked. I sent it in and they got right on it and took care of the situation. Also, called me to let me know they were getting to work on it. I was impressed with their prompt service and keeping me in the loop!

Did you send it to Florida, or Michigan?

LegitStick1234
11-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Did you send it to Florida, or Michigan?

It was sent to Michigan.

Shawn Armstrong
11-06-2015, 06:08 PM
It was sent to Michigan.
Say thanks to Seyberts.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

ctyhntr
11-06-2015, 10:34 PM
In addition to Seyberts in Michigan, and Predator in Florida is there other companies authorized to do warranty work? Is there preference in which location to be dealing with, or to avoid?

Say thanks to Seyberts.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mortuarymike-nv
11-07-2015, 05:50 AM
In addition to Seyberts in Michigan, and Predator in Florida is there other companies authorized to do warranty work? Is there preference in which location to be dealing with, or to avoid?

I thought predator is Chinese Now or at least the factory got moved to china ?

Personally think the best warranty is the one you don't have to use ....
If its made right in the beginning who needs a warranty ?

LegitStick1234
11-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Well thanks Seyberts and whoever else was involved in the whole process. It worked out well!

ZeroSkylineX
11-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I thought predator is Chinese Now or at least the factory got moved to china ?

That's kind of an arrogant thing to say. No company is able to make every product "right". The warranty is there to ensure customers that they can be confident in the product. Just because the product is made right doesn't mean that discrepancies can't happen. For warranty, I'd rather have it than don't need it, than need it and don't have it. Myself personally, I only purchase shafts if the company warrants warpage.

TrumanHW
11-07-2015, 06:09 PM
That's kind of an arrogant thing to say. No company is able to make every product "right". The warranty is there to ensure customers that they can be confident in the product. Just because the product is made right doesn't mean that discrepancies can't happen. For warranty, I'd rather have it than don't need it, than need it and don't have it. Myself personally, I only purchase shafts if the company warrants warpage.

Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

I'm not exactly sure how your word choice actually refutes his claim, let alone, even makes sense.

All buyers have differing reasons for buying product -- and personally, I chose predator because it was low deflection and touted highly consistent manufacturing processes.

My first gen shaft which I bought in 2002 has a ping in it, but this could be my fault and from normal use. Fine.

Its on a Russ Espiritu butt which I think was great value, plays well (many have said so) but is a pricy cue to bring in to a bar. Rolls straight to this day.

I purchased (in around 07) a predator sneaky. To their credit they replaced the shafts the first time they warped. And now, the second time, I really don't see the point in vesting further in to the company.

For whatever reason, the appearance of a change in quality has occurred between Gen 1 (2 is just with the cat on it so it's still gen 1 in my book) and gen 3, made in china.

Maybe I have some details wrong, and if I were an investor in their company, I'd applaud them for being so successful that they're regularly out of stock. But as a consumer, it appears to have had a change in quality.

I also presumed that they wouldn't change the specs on the first shaft I purchased, and this was the PRIMARY driver of my purchase decision for their shafts. I don't want to re-learn deflection each time they think they can lower it by 1/6th of an inch, table length. Instead, I'd like to know that if my shafts were broken, stolen, or otherwise needed to be replaced, that I could have a seamless transition.

Perhaps that was unreasonable, and I doubt I could get an agreement from a company to carry a model of shaft for 20 years. So the next time I buy shafts, I'm buying 5 of them. Lesson learned.

But as far as the anecdotal experience of mine that the 2 original shafts, aside from having typical problems with the ferule after hitting balls as hard as I do with them for 13 years needing work.... vs. ALL of the new model shafts warping? Yeah, I'd infer that they aren't able to get the chinese factory to perform to the standard they did in the U.S.

I have first hand experience getting things manufactured in China, as well as a friends business who does, and the rejection ratio is unbelievable. That this company even sends some of the product and pays for the shipping to hear that it isn't of sufficient quality is pretty surprising.

Clearly, foxconn and other apple part suppliers do a pretty good job, as I'm sure a great many factories there do. And for all I know... maybe predator owns a factory there, and has quality control personnel from the U.S. -- maybe this is just the strangeness of statistics when you compute them over small numbers.

But what I'm positively certain of? Is the gentleman who thought the best warranty was the one you didn't need to use had a point. And as a person who's had 4 shafts now warp since this change of venue and neither of those before do so, yes, it is alarming.

That all said, WHY did I buy predator shafts? Why did I bother using their warranty service??

Because they PIONEERED making low deflection in the industry. They had a great idea of how to make the side that pointed up irrelevant for consistency. When the shafts ARE straight, they play great. I don't have anything against their company -- I in fact like what they've done for the game. I'm merely objecting to the misuse of a word, substantiating the statistic that warpage seems to correlate to their relocated manufacturing facility, and disappointed they aren't going to carry their original product -- which was great...

9Ballr
11-07-2015, 06:19 PM
I chose predator because it was low deflection and touted highly consistent manufacturing processes.

I've had better experience with Predator shafts than any other.
Could be just bad luck, who knows, BUT everything thing I've bought from Predator have been top notch.
Including shafts, cues and even their chalk, which I now LOVE.

mortuarymike-nv
11-08-2015, 06:09 AM

Sorry
I have a tough time expressing how some products are said to be so special when they have their problems too.

I have seen allot of issues with certain brands of cues in my area.

Blame it on the climate ( 4800 feet hi plains desert ) or the cue company.

I am a small time cue repairman and I see certain problems with certain brands of cue.
I feel compelled to try warn other people like me who saves their money to buy the cue of their dreams to only find out that they are buying part of a sales pitch.
Not knowing that the cue of their dreams was put together with Lower grade's of lumber and it moved its factory to a country which is known for putting things together as cheap as possible and is also known for using the cheapest materials know to man but yet be the highest priced production cue in the world .

Cheap material and cheap labor never equals skilled craftsmanship and a superior product........................

Ron Swanson
11-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

I'm not exactly sure how your word choice actually refutes his claim, let alone, even makes sense.

All buyers have differing reasons for buying product -- and personally, I chose predator because it was low deflection and touted highly consistent manufacturing processes.

My first gen shaft which I bought in 2002 has a ping in it, but this could be my fault and from normal use. Fine.

Its on a Russ Espiritu butt which I think was great value, plays well (many have said so) but is a pricy cue to bring in to a bar. Rolls straight to this day.

I purchased (in around 07) a predator sneaky. To their credit they replaced the shafts the first time they warped. And now, the second time, I really don't see the point in vesting further in to the company.

For whatever reason, the appearance of a change in quality has occurred between Gen 1 (2 is just with the cat on it so it's still gen 1 in my book) and gen 3, made in china.

Maybe I have some details wrong, and if I were an investor in their company, I'd applaud them for being so successful that they're regularly out of stock. But as a consumer, it appears to have had a change in quality.

I also presumed that they wouldn't change the specs on the first shaft I purchased, and this was the PRIMARY driver of my purchase decision for their shafts. I don't want to re-learn deflection each time they think they can lower it by 1/6th of an inch, table length. Instead, I'd like to know that if my shafts were broken, stolen, or otherwise needed to be replaced, that I could have a seamless transition.

Perhaps that was unreasonable, and I doubt I could get an agreement from a company to carry a model of shaft for 20 years. So the next time I buy shafts, I'm buying 5 of them. Lesson learned.

But as far as the anecdotal experience of mine that the 2 original shafts, aside from having typical problems with the ferule after hitting balls as hard as I do with them for 13 years needing work.... vs. ALL of the new model shafts warping? Yeah, I'd infer that they aren't able to get the chinese factory to perform to the standard they did in the U.S.

I have first hand experience getting things manufactured in China, as well as a friends business who does, and the rejection ratio is unbelievable. That this company even sends some of the product and pays for the shipping to hear that it isn't of sufficient quality is pretty surprising.

Clearly, foxconn and other apple part suppliers do a pretty good job, as I'm sure a great many factories there do. And for all I know... maybe predator owns a factory there, and has quality control personnel from the U.S. -- maybe this is just the strangeness of statistics when you compute them over small numbers.

But what I'm positively certain of? Is the gentleman who thought the best warranty was the one you didn't need to use had a point. And as a person who's had 4 shafts now warp since this change of venue and neither of those before do so, yes, it is alarming.

That all said, WHY did I buy predator shafts? Why did I bother using their warranty service??

Because they PIONEERED making low deflection in the industry. They had a great idea of how to make the side that pointed up irrelevant for consistency. When the shafts ARE straight, they play great. I don't have anything against their company -- I in fact like what they've done for the game. I'm merely objecting to the misuse of a word, substantiating the statistic that warpage seems to correlate to their relocated manufacturing facility, and disappointed they aren't going to carry their original product -- which was great...

Surprised you have so problems with warpage, maybe a climate thing?

Anyway, it's their ferrules that are the failures for me.

ctyhntr
11-08-2015, 09:09 AM
If you want to thank Seyberts, maybe feedback directly to Predator on your great experience. I think that's the reason why some people asked you where did send in your shaft (Michigan or Florida).

Well thanks Seyberts and whoever else was involved in the whole process. It worked out well!

9Ballr
11-08-2015, 10:15 AM
If you want to thank Seyberts, maybe feedback directly to Predator on your great experience. I think that's the reason why some people asked you where did send in your shaft (Michigan or Florida).

Dude, what does it matter?
The man was just giving a shoutout to Predator who - regardless of
who did the work - is paying for it and was willing to have it done
under warranty........golly.........no wonder so many people are
leaving this forum.

Kim Bye
11-08-2015, 10:39 AM

I agree, Predator products seem to fail much more often than other brand. Delaminating and cracked ferrules is way too common.

LegitStick1234
11-09-2015, 01:27 PM

I have already done that. However, I thought a good place for me to give them props is on a forum where a lot of customers are always reading and could possibly sway somebody their way for a good cue and great service if there is an issue. They called me right when they received the shaft to let me know what was going on and was very positive and upbeat on the phone. That is people I like to give my business.