PDA

View Full Version : One less pool room in Reno

mortuarymike-nv
11-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Looks like buffalos billiards , the old Diamond billiards and what was once break time billiards is closing again next week.
It was 165 mile one way drive to play on a 9 ft tables and now it looks like they are closing the doors..

This crap ain't funny anymore , we are running out of pool rooms...:mad:

Str8PoolPlayer
11-05-2015, 10:36 PM
You're right about that, Mike. I really enjoyed our all day sessions
at Buffalo's and had hoped to play there when I am healed up
sometime in the near future. We will both miss that place and
the way it WAS before Jason returned to the East Coast.
I'm too old to drive really long distances to play pool, but will
meet you in Reno as soon as I am cleared by my Doctors.
We'll find a place to play for a few hours.

"Nothing lasts forever".

mortuarymike-nv
11-05-2015, 10:40 PM
You're right about that, Mike. I really enjoyed our all day sessions
at Buffalo's and had hoped to play there when I am healed up
sometime in the near future. We will both miss that place and
the way it WAS before Jason returned to the East Coast.
I'm too old to drive really long distances to play pool, but will
meet you in Reno as soon as I am cleared by my Doctors.
We'll find a place to play for a few hours.

"Nothing lasts forever".

I would love to own the table we normally play on. I have no place to put it....:angry:

Poolplaya9
11-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Looks like buffalos billiards , the old Diamond billiards and what was once break time billiards is closing again next week.

It's Bald Mike's fault. White guy.

Or maybe the owner just wasn't very good with the books and couldn't "do the math" to make the place work, not sure which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtbEg4HHZw

For those that haven't been around here forever to get the joke...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4704512&postcount=1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12855416 (starts at 8:20)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=76777

mortuarymike-nv
11-05-2015, 11:32 PM
It's Bald Mike's fault. White guy.

Or maybe the owner just wasn't very good with the books and couldn't "do the math" to make the place work, not sure which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtbEg4HHZw

For those that haven't been around here forever to get the joke...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4704512&postcount=1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12855416 (starts at 8:20)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=76777

I had to laugh at that one,

I was in ICU in the VA hospital in Reno, just went through a operation I really didn't think I would survive.

I really didn't know Jason. at that time, we had spoken a little and I played pool in his pool hall for just a few hours .
Jason knew I was going in for the surgery, he showed up at the hospital with some Chess burgers and fries.

When me and straight8poolplayer would show up at his pool room he treated both of us like we had been long time friends.

I have seen the videos and I would never thought if I had met Jason in person I wouldn't of liked him just based on the videos he made and posted on you tube.

I guess you have me over a barrel, Jason has treated me extremely nice.
I wouldn't feel right about saying anything negative about Jason.

I consider him a friend, just because of the way the man has treated me.
The video's LOL and I am still laughing because its something I wouldn't of done.

cardiac kid
11-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Mike,

You can not believe how sad I am to hear the news. Sad for the employees and owners. Saddest of all, guess we'll inherit Jason again for what ever length of time he's going to stay in Western New York. Earlier this week he was on his way to Rochester to challenge us weaklings. Interestingly, he had no where to stay overnight. Wanted to "steal" our money and then accept our hospitality. Done as only Jason "Buffalo" Hunt could do it!!!

Lyn

Texas Carom Club
11-06-2015, 08:03 AM
I would love to own the table we normally play on. I have no place to put it....:angry:

I REALLY don't have room for a pool table with my billiard table in the garage, but I really REALLY want a 9ft diamond pro am,
it may just have to go square in my living room, and its pretty enough the wife may not divorce me over it,
they aren't that expensive
lifes little sacrifices

mortuarymike-nv
11-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Mike,

You can not believe how sad I am to hear the news. Sad for the employees and owners. Saddest of all, guess we'll inherit Jason again for what ever length of time he's going to stay in Western New York. Earlier this week he was on his way to Rochester to challenge us weaklings. Interestingly, he had no where to stay overnight. Wanted to "steal" our money and then accept our hospitality. Done as only Jason "Buffalo" Hunt could do it!!!

Lyn

Shit I thought all you guys from NY were buds :p

I fully understand your point of view .

Jason treated Straight8poolplayer and me like kings while we were down there playing ...
I enjoyed playing pool at his pool room, and when he visited me at the hospital I thought that was very nice of him.
Jason has given me no reason to slam him.
It wouldn't be right on my part, I don't normally talk poorly about someone who has treated nice............

I have had allot fun playing pool there for the past 17 years.

pt109
11-06-2015, 08:19 AM
I REALLY don't have room for a pool table with my billiard table in the garage, but I really REALLY want a 9ft diamond pro am,
it may just have to go square in my living room, and its pretty enough the wife may not divorce me over it,
lifes little sacrifices

You're going to have to build an extension, buddy.
.....had a 9-footer in our living room for about three years....
....it got about four hours playing time and it was an eyesore.

mortuarymike-nv
11-06-2015, 08:33 AM
lifes little sacrifices

For me its impossible in less I rented a garage.
I am not grand fathered in on my property, I cannot get a building permit in less I invest about 1/4 million.

I live on a island and the county deemed it flood plain.

pt109
11-06-2015, 08:36 AM

Jason treated Straight8poolplayer and me like kings while we were down there playing ...
I enjoyed playing pool at his pool room, and when he visited me at the hospital I thought that was very nice of him.
It wouldn't be right on my part, I don't normally talk poorly about someone who has treated nice............

I'm sad for Jason that the room didn't work out....I thought he had found his niche in the
game ...and he seemed to be making it work.

There's always a little desperation when you're on the scuffle.....
...but I always liked his enthusiasm.

8ballEinstein
11-06-2015, 08:37 AM
What room will I have to go to now when I show up in Reno?

TVmike
11-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Apparently the business is moving to a more upscale location downtown and undergoing full rebuilding of a bar and a 5 star restaurant not going out of business. Do not know how long this process will take. From Jason.

mortuarymike-nv
11-06-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm sad for Jason that the room didn't work out....I thought he had found his niche in the

Yup he sure seemed to have a passion for pool,

Nostroke
11-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Apparently the business is moving to a more upscale location downtown and undergoing full rebuilding of a bar and a 5 star restaurant not going out of business. Do not know how long this process will take. From Jason.

5 Star restaurant is a bad idea imo. I've never seen an upscale restaurant work in a pool hall yet but i haven't been everywhere so there may be one or two somewhere.

o.g. (old guy)
11-06-2015, 09:11 AM

I'm skeptical on this, I've only been to the room a handful of times but it seemed as the business was struggling. I truly hope I'm wrong. I would also like to say that Jason and Steven always treated me well whenever I came in. Best of luck to the booth of them.

pt109
11-06-2015, 09:11 AM
5 Star restaurant is a bad idea imo. I've never seen an upscale restaurant work in a pool hall yet but i haven't been everywhere so there may be one or two somewhere.

I agree...the pool halls I remember fondly for eating had a menu like a truck stop.
.....good hearty meals like you get at home.

Drilltrash
11-06-2015, 10:04 AM
I thought I saw a gofund me account asking for $50,000 to help move to another location in downtown Reno.... If I remember it was a few months ago that I saw the account. Does anyone else remember this?

cardiac kid
11-06-2015, 10:09 AM

Paul,

As far as I know, Jason has been legally tied to Western New York for the last few years. Understood some of his family was running the pool room. Unfortunately there is so much misinformation on Jason, just don't know what to believe.

Lyn

cardiac kid
11-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Mike,

Jason is a good guy. Sure is interesting for lack of a better word. Nothing against him. Like some other members on AZ, his pension to act like a buffoon is just too much. Perhaps he is really "The Donald's" son :eek: :p !

Lyn

cardiac kid
11-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Yup he sure seemed to have a passion for pool,

Yes Mike, he has passion for the game of pool. Way too much. He now found a way to get himself uninvited from yet another pool room. East Ridge Billiards in Rochester has asked him not to return. Think Jason needs a good mouthpiece. Not a dental device, a good spokesperson to filter nearly each utterance both physical and electronic.

So much talent. So little understanding of the real world.

Lyn

mortuarymike-nv
11-24-2015, 03:53 AM
Yes Mike, he has passion for the game of pool. Way too much. He now found a way to get himself uninvited from yet another pool room. East Ridge Billiards in Rochester has asked him not to return. Think Jason needs a good mouthpiece. Not a dental device, a good spokesperson to filter nearly each utterance both physical and electronic.

So much talent. So little understanding of the real world.

Lyn

So sad to hear, the guy was super nice to me.
I know what you are saying, I was hoping that things would start turning around for him.
You are right he doesn't look at life like most people do or refuses to conform to what we would consider the American dream of a nice home family and a 9 to 5 job .

Bank it
11-24-2015, 05:44 AM
I wondered what Jason was doing back east as he passed through Top Hat in Baltimore about 5 weeks ago for a couple of days and got robbed twice, imploded and was asked to leave.

PoolPlayer22
11-24-2015, 07:21 AM
anyone in here from Columbia, SC? There is a spot downtown called Jillians. I'd consider it more a restaurant/bar type place, but it's pretty upscale for the area and has about ten 9 foot tables.

easy-e
11-24-2015, 07:57 AM
anyone in here from Columbia, SC? There is a spot downtown called Jillians. I'd consider it more a restaurant/bar type place, but it's pretty upscale for the area and has about ten 9 foot tables.

I've been there. Jillian's has spots all over the country.

JB Cases
11-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Time for people to start making private clubs like they do in Germany. My new place will be like this to some degree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nostroke
11-24-2015, 08:24 AM
I wondered what Jason was doing back east as he passed through Top Hat in Baltimore about 5 weeks ago for a couple of days and got robbed twice, imploded and was asked to leave.

I'm pretty sure they just threw him out because he was too good.

tonyboy59
11-24-2015, 08:29 AM

I took this as he got robbed...he imploded and they threw him out.

cardiac kid
11-24-2015, 08:42 AM

:rotflmao: :killingme: :bow-down: :shocked: :thud: .

Lyn

Bank it
11-24-2015, 02:31 PM

Ummmmm, no. He dropped 3 dimes against 2 different players & showed his ass. Pretty decent one pocket player but he was in over his head trying to play even with who he was playing with, both times. He's got gamble though.

JAM
11-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Ummmmm, no. He dropped 3 dimes against 2 different players & showed his ass. Pretty decent one pocket player but he was in over his head trying to play even with who he was playing with, both times. He's got gamble though.

Who did he play?

Chip Roberson
11-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Anyone Remember Jimmy Healdreth (AKA Poolcue Jim) From Buffalo Billiards Back In The Day. What A Hoot. He Passed Away Back in the 90's I'm Thinking. Was From Roanoke Va. He Traveled with a number of different players in his time and a character He really Was,,Miss him even today,,His last days were in Reno and called from time to time and spoke about the Buffalo spot and wished I could come and make a showing back when. Here's to ya old friend :thumbup:

PINKLADY
11-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Anyone Remember Jimmy Healdreth (AKA Poolcue Jim) From Buffalo Billiards Back In The Day. What A Hoot. He Passed Away Back in the 90's I'm Thinking. Was From Roanoke Va. He Traveled with a number of different players in his time and a character He really Was,,Miss him even today,,His last days were in Reno and called from time to time and spoke about the Buffalo spot and wished I could come and make a showing back when. Here's to ya old friend :thumbup:

hey! we blew through your stomping grounds the other night - working, so no time to stop & it was late - but we thought about you! your ears should have been burning....

mortuarymike-nv
11-24-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm skeptical on this, I've only been to the room a handful of times but it seemed as the business was struggling. I truly hope I'm wrong. I would also like to say that Jason and Steven always treated me well whenever I came in. Best of luck to the booth of them.

I will be back in Reno about the 5th of next month.
I hope to shoot some pool while I am down there.

mortuarymike-nv
11-24-2015, 06:07 PM
I shot out of Bobby's and Julies hunters pool room Carson city Cuephoria . 1998 2001
At that time Buffalo's billiard's was call Break time billiards.

Chip Roberson
11-24-2015, 07:55 PM
hey! we blew through your stomping grounds the other night - working, so no time to stop & it was late - but we thought about you! your ears should have been burning....

As big as my Ears are, They Always burning sweetness. Would have wished Ya'll could have stopped by. Just got back from Hotel Roanoke for the Mrs. and my 28th Anner and a little stop by to hear Joe Bonnamossa at the Civic center, probably the same time that the two of ya were passing by. Had an interesting story about the 8 footer they have at the Hotel, for old time sake I was giving up the last 3 , just to see if I could still out run the nut,,it lasted a couple of games , before the scores wife made him pull up. Steph thought it was great fun when she heard that the wife made him stop the action. For some strange reason, I seem to still be able to get out , once in awhile :wink:

Bank it
11-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Who did he play?

Henry on day one & Henry let it stay close til Jason asked to jack the bet then took him off. He left saying he was going to get a room, some food & sleep & be back the next day.

When he came in the next day & Henry wasn't in yet so he matched up with the Piano Man and it didn't go any better for him. He took a beat down in both matches.