PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the For Sale section

BmoreMoney
11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
What do you guys think about a silent bid option? List the item with pics and with or without reserve and folks would put forth via pm there offer. The time period would be set - maybe a week or whatever. To avoid bad bids I trader could be used for those that put forth bids and do not carry thru - just like eBay. I am full aware there is going to be a bunch of folks that will shortly come forth and say how its not cool for an auction type listing on AZ, That's what eBay is for etc. Fact of the matter is those in business that are successful constantly change their business model to keep up with the times. AZ seems to have taken a big hit from the FB sights. This is not an idea to completely change the format, only add one more option to it to be able to stay relevant. Of course I'm also expecting a bunch of people to say " you don't have any I trader so ming your own business ". To those, same as last time I made a suggestion - I have a fairly strict practice of not buying a cue without hitting with it first and not without being able to inspect it in person. Also I buy, and rarely sell as I do not look to a forum to make money. Lastly while I do not run my business on a forum, I am part of this forum and would like it to thrive best possible. Just an idear, what y'all think?

Shooter08
11-06-2015, 02:15 PM
I think you should be required to list a price and if you are willing to accept offers make it known.

maha
11-06-2015, 06:50 PM
wont work as people selling need to be able to pick who they want to sell to in an internet transaction.

fjk
11-06-2015, 07:47 PM
I think it could work. Here's what I would suggest though:

1) only no reserve auctions
2) bids are visible for all to see
3) all auctions have a pre-defined and exact end time.

I would bid on cues. Someone has a chance to get a deal and sellers will get true market value (vs perceived value).

We also know who we're dealing with (more than ebay anyway). And no fees!!

mortuarymike-nv
11-06-2015, 09:42 PM
What do you guys think about a silent bid option? List the item with pics and with or without reserve and folks would put forth via pm there offer. The time period would be set - maybe a week or whatever. To avoid bad bids I trader could be used for those that put forth bids and do not carry thru - just like eBay. I am full aware there is going to be a bunch of folks that will shortly come forth and say how its not cool for an auction type listing on AZ, That's what eBay is for etc. Fact of the matter is those in business that are successful constantly change their business model to keep up with the times. AZ seems to have taken a big hit from the FB sights. This is not an idea to completely change the format, only add one more option to it to be able to stay relevant. Of course I'm also expecting a bunch of people to say " you don't have any I trader so ming your own business ". To those, same as last time I made a suggestion - I have a fairly strict practice of not buying a cue without hitting with it first and not without being able to inspect it in person. Also I buy, and rarely sell as I do not look to a forum to make money. Lastly while I do not run my business on a forum, I am part of this forum and would like it to thrive best possible. Just an idear, what y'all think?

So now you are going to break the I trader rules ?????????

There has to me a money transaction in order to do a I trader rating..
Forum rules............................................. .

BmoreMoney
11-06-2015, 09:49 PM
So now you are going to break the I trader rules ?????????

There has to me a money transaction in order to do a I trader rating..
Forum rules............................................. .

I was in fact waiting on you MM. No not breaking any rules. If you were to read my suggested I was adding to them. I known this would break ur nice little routine, but I am not concerned about you whatsoever but the forum as a whole. Gl with all ur endeavors in life.

Maxx
11-07-2015, 06:25 AM
As a buyer I don't like it and would skip items listed this way.

I want a posted price so I know that we are at least on the same page, as far as the perceived value of the item.

If I want to bid I'll go to eBay.

jasonlaus
11-07-2015, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't mind it, maybe some cues would actually get sold on here.
if you don't like it, don't look - seems easy enough.
Jason

mortuarymike-nv
11-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I was in fact waiting on you MM. No not breaking any rules. If you were to read my suggested I was adding to them. I known this would break ur nice little routine, but I am not concerned about you whatsoever but the forum as a whole. Gl with all ur endeavors in life.

Make it personal if you want. :speechless:: Its not going to do you any good.
Its your sand box and I don't want to play in it.........

You might want to study this thread and see how many sellers are willing to lower there prices like this and at the time the cue market was allot better.
Because the bumping rules got changed us seller can no longer do sales and have fun like this anymore.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=296901

Personally I just didn't think you knew 100% the rules governing the I trader rating feed back where in order to give anyone a I trader rating there has to be a money trans action.
I assumed you didn't know because you have a zero I trader rating and the subject of how to deal with the people who fail to keep their promise on your idea of a silent bid section.
And the subject of I trader rating came up for those who backed out on their bids .

I am against giving a Negative I trader rating to someone because they changed their mind and there has not been a money transaction in the everyday run of the mill for sale thread .
You need a full proof system that's not going allow people to with draw their word.
I really don't like the idea of changing the I trader rules that a I trader rating can be given even if there hasn't been a money transaction.
I only care about the normal I trader rating rules that say's there has to be a money transaction or a actual trade in order to give or receive a trader rating.

BmoreMoney
11-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Make it personal if you want. :speechless:: Its not going to do you any good.
Its your sand box and I don't want to play in it.........

You might want to study this thread and see how many sellers are willing to lower there prices like this and at the time the cue market was allot better.
Because the bumping rules got changed us seller can no longer do sales and have fun like this anymore.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=296901

Personally I just didn't think you knew 100% the rules governing the I trader rating feed back where in order to give anyone a I trader rating there has to be a money trans action.
I assumed you didn't know because you have a zero I trader rating and the subject of how to deal with the people who fail to keep their promise on your idea of a silent bid section.
And the subject of I trader rating came up for those who backed out on their bids .

I am against giving a Negative I trader rating to someone because they changed their mind and there has not been a money transaction in the everyday run of the mill for sale thread .
You need a full proof system that's not going allow people to with draw their word.
I really don't like the idea of changing the I trader rules that a I trader rating can be given even if there hasn't been a money transaction.
I only care about the normal I trader rating rules that say's there has to be a money transaction or a actual trade in order to give or receive a trader rating.

I made my comments based on your & I'd PM's last time I made a suggestion on the for sale section. As you have noted I do not have any I trader references. That does not mean I can not conceptualize how it is to work. Once more MM, I was not saying to use as is but rather change the current format to accommodate my new idea. And would it not be a good idea for someone to be penalized for being a BS'ER? From what I know, and admittingly not a lot I assume you sell " a lot " of cues on AZ and prob you are just interested in " stopping the bleeding " and will be content with just carrying on as is. You may very well loathe the thought of an auction scenario where buyer MIGHT get a deal. That's ok . I'm just putting forth an idea that would keep AZ relevant going into the future and would stimulate the for sale section. I only put forth this idea not because I have a stake or dog in this race but because I would truly love for AZ TO continue to be the best pool site on the net. If this means a few less dollars in your pocket so be it. I wish only the best for both you, all sellers, and AZ as a whole.