PDA

View Full Version : are the mooris from you know who real??

bbb
11-06-2015, 07:27 PM
pm accepted
i will say i have bought alot of them and me and my cue tip guy think they are real
and they have played great
this has nothing to do with the issue over g2 tips from the same you know who
which the other thread gives convincing evidence to assume otherwise
but what do i know
thats why i ask your opinion regarding the mooris

(((Satori)))
11-06-2015, 07:47 PM
I dont know who. You mind saying what you are talking about?

bbb
11-06-2015, 07:52 PM
I dont know who. You mind saying what you are talking about?

as someone who seems to be a regular on azb
if you dont know who i mean then its ok to not respond
with no disrespect intended

ideologist
11-06-2015, 10:17 PM
pm accepted
i will say i have bought alot of them and me and my cue tip guy think they are real
but what do i know

I posted a photo of a Moori that I bought from him, listing it for sale.

He accused me of selling fakes, then got the thread pulled when I reminded everyone who I bought it from.

It machined like the real deal, I am pretty sure it was legit, but he is still incredibly rude.

Nuts4Tascarellas
11-07-2015, 01:53 AM
I believe that they are real. I have been buying them and using them lately. I also had one given to me by a friend. He said it was the new Gen. 4 Moori. Hard and dry - definitely a fake in comparison. My 2 cents.

Kim Bye
11-07-2015, 03:10 AM
There was a long thread about this topic a few months ago, but it got pulled for som strange reason.
I seem to remember that the conclusion was: We don't know...
Ask "you know who" about the new Moori Jewel and Ruby tips, he should have these now if he gets his tips straght from Moori Japan.

cuesblues
11-07-2015, 07:50 AM
I posted a photo of a Moori that I bought from him, listing it for sale.

He accused me of selling fakes, then got the thread pulled when I reminded everyone who I bought it from.

It machined like the real deal, I am pretty sure it was legit, but he is still incredibly rude.

Didn't Barringer post the actual difference between the real & fake Morri tips?
The shade of the green type was different on the foil packaging.

ideologist
11-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Didn't Barringer post the actual difference between the real & fake Morri tips?
The shade of the green type was different on the foil packaging.

His statement was that the butterfly type tags on the packages has a hologram where the fakes do not.

Mine had the hologram so as they were bought from him, they seemed like the real deal, and played great.

cuesblues
11-07-2015, 08:25 AM
His statement was that the butterfly type tags on the packages has a hologram where the fakes do not.

Mine had the hologram so as they were bought from him, they seemed like the real deal, and played great.

This thread was last year, post #56

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=4772150#post4772150

Joe Barringer
12-10-2015, 09:35 AM
If "you know who" ever replies, please let me know. But in the meantime, here is some info for you to ponder.

Real -vs- Fake Moori (http://www.cuecomponents.com/mooritips1.html)

Real Fake Moori But Not Licensed By Moori But These Pillars Of The Community Are Allowed To Sell Them Without Repercussion (http://www.cuecomponents.com/fakemooritips.html)

And BTW... if our genuine MooriŪ prices are too low for you to understand that we sell wholesale to the public (because we dislike MAP controlling manufacturers), then please buy at full retail from sellers such as Seyberts who is an AZ advertising supporter.

Thank you.

ideologist
12-10-2015, 09:55 AM
If "you know who" ever replies, please let me know. But in the meantime, here is some info for you to ponder.

Real -vs- Fake Moori (http://www.cuecomponents.com/mooritips1.html)

Real Fake Moori But Not Licensed By Moori But These Pillars Of The Community Are Allowed To Sell Them Without Repercussion (http://www.cuecomponents.com/fakemooritips.html)

And BTW... if our genuine MooriŪ prices are too low for you to understand that we sell wholesale to the public (because we dislike MAP controlling manufacturers), then please buy at full retail from sellers such as Seyberts who is an AZ advertising supporter.

Thank you.

Well, you replied (over a month after this thread went to sleep, how incredibly vain you appear to be). You asked us to let you know.

galipeau
12-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Next on Lifetime.....

JB Cases
12-10-2015, 11:12 AM
pm accepted
but what do i know

I would not be sure that it was his real poop if I saw it coming out of his butt.

There are a lot of good layered tips these days and my opinion is even some of the counterfeit ones can be decent quality.

As to the whole moori controversy, I don't know what to think about that and it's entirely possible that someone trademarked the name Moori in the USA and is selling tips under that name which do not come from Moori in Japan. There might be truth to that but it doesn't mean that the person who is telling that truth is himself truthful about the origins of the products he sells.

mortuarymike-nv
12-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I have some Mooris mediums in stock
I never questioned if these tips are real or not until I started to read about it in here.
I paid fair market price for these tips 15.00 bucks a piece.
I didn't go out and try to buy a bunch of tips at back alley black market transactions
If I would of I would of bought from china ....
IMO there is no separation between fake tips and the people who sale them..
Fake mooris fake kamui , fake G2's
The tips are fakes and the seller is a liar and a thief....................................
I have no idea if the MOORI tips I have in stock are fake or not ?
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/IMG_0795_zpsdf25bd15.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/IMG_0795_zpsdf25bd15.jpg.html)

I have learned this, If anyone is interested.
I buy my Kamui tips from John Bertone Authorized Kamui dealer
I buy allot of my normal inexpensive and some expensive tips from Meullers pool and darts, And I would think a big company them would be buying the real deal for resale.
Plus that they have RAT working there ( meullers # and he isn't going to have anything to do with Knock off products .

I buy my snipers and other tips from Chris Hightower # Cueman billiard products ).

I have never had the slightest issue from buying tips from the three tip suppliers I mentioned above .

The one and only time I didn't buy tips from these 3 companies I mentioned above was when I bought these Mooris tips that are in the photo I posted .

I bought these tips from a AZ member who is out in Texas.

PS I do stock Ultra Skins tip to and I buy directly from Tom Hay, and if I had Mr Mooris phone number I would order directly from him just as I would if I was going to buy a real G2 tip .............
If I want Ki Tech Tips I would buy straight from Renfro.

I would never buy a any tips off of E bay mainly because I can get them cheaper, and/ or I don't know where the seller got the tips and I don't want to take the chance of buying fake tips .
So I only buy from the companies and people I mentioned above.

JoeyInCali
12-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Why buy Mooris? He says he has tips better than Moori.
And they're on sale. Every SPAM I get , they're on sale.
Even that strange looking one is better according to his friend.