PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Run With Men if You Can't Take a Verbal Beatdown

Chicagoplayer
11-07-2015, 04:59 PM
I can't tell you how many times I got my chops busted by those closest to me-
Freddy "The Beard" and George "The Polish Prince" Pawelski would often say,
"She don't know, she's a Libby."
We would then have very animated debate sessions.

Maybe those great debates were preparation-
Maybe I really don't know.
But, I know when I don't try, I will never know.

That being said-

I invited The President to The Mosconi Cup.:grin-square:

Lay it on me

-CP

juegabillar
11-07-2015, 05:06 PM

That being said-

Lay it on me

-CP

Hope he does respond .....

NYC cue dude
11-07-2015, 05:12 PM
He's ruined everything he's touched. This would be no exception. With the secret service doing back ground checks on those attending, most of the seats will remain vacant.

There are very few things that could actually diminish the pool world. Congrats. You've found it.

Chicagoplayer
11-07-2015, 05:15 PM
He's ruined everything he's touched. This would be no exception. With the secret service doing back ground checks on those attending, most of the seats will remain vacant.

There are very few things that could actually diminish the pool world. Congrats. You've found it.

Wow,

Masturbate more....

Next

Zphix
11-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Wow,

Masturbate more....

Next

Literally LOL'ed. Funniest thing I've seen on AZB since the CTE debate.

:thumbup: Angel,

-Richard

ChicagoRJ
11-07-2015, 05:25 PM
I wonder if he shoots with a "moochie". ;)

Diogenes
11-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Wow,

Masturbate more....

Next

:clapping:
I haven't commented on AZB in ages.
That retort was worthy of a nod.

Hope all of the "circle jerks" will stay in their closet and let this thread be what it was intended.

Ditto what Zphix said... "Literally LOL'ed".

Teacherman
11-07-2015, 05:51 PM
An all time low.

Chicagoplayer
11-07-2015, 06:02 PM
An all time low.

How so- please elaborate?

RE: The fact that I asked the President to support our Team USA at Mosconi?
or
RE: Should I have at least offered to spit in NYC's hand first?

Chicagoplayer
11-07-2015, 06:13 PM

It's tremendously thoughtful of you to be so concerned with all of our personal welfare!

Your homework for tonight NYC- review and write a 3 paragraph essay on The Patriot Act
Your work will be graded for accurate notation of dates and names.
Extra Credit awarded if you brush up on Bumblehive,
which has been recording us all for decades.
https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

NYC cue dude
11-07-2015, 06:43 PM
It's tremendously thoughtful of you to be so concerned with all of our personal welfare!

Your homework for tonight NYC- review and write a 3 paragraph essay on The Patriot Act
Your work will be graded for accurate notation of dates and names.
Extra Credit awarded if you brush up on Bumblehive,
which has been recording us all for decades.
https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

The Patriot act?

As a militant 3%er and vicious defender of the 2A, I'm well aware of the Patriot Act. And because I've very publicly called for a "Restorative War", many times, I'm also aware I'm every list that's ever been created. Faced with 2 choices, cower in the corner or be prepared, I've opted with door number 2

justtapitin
11-07-2015, 06:43 PM
To the OP:

Dude, I'll send you some tweezers if you need them for anything.

And I'll make sure they haven't been touched by anyone from Mexico or from the LGBT community or awful negroes like Obama. I'm sure you know some nice negroes, which proves your objections to Obama have nothing whatsoever to do with race.

Chicagoplayer
11-07-2015, 06:52 PM
The Patriot act?

As a militant 3%er and vicious defender of the 2A, I'm well aware of the Patriot Act. And because I've very publicly called for a "Restorative War", many times, I'm also aware I'm every list that's ever been created. Faced with 2 choices, cower in the corner or be prepared, I've opted with door number 2

I'm all for being prepared.
You have your reasons-

The next time I'm on the E. coast, you're my first choice to binge watch
"All in the Family" with.

RiverCity
11-07-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm all for being prepared.
You have your reasons-

The next time I'm on the E. coast, you're my first choice to binge watch
"All in the Family" with.

Edith, get me a beer, hmmm?

slide13
11-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Cool, would be sweet if you got a response, pleas update if it happens! I'm a liberal democrat Obama supporter so I'm all for it, though guessing I'm in the minority here but I don't care.

Cracktherack
11-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Oh great. Now he'll waste $$$ on a few tables at the Whitehouse. Maybe it won't be that bad. Knowing him, they'll be small bar tables with large pockets. Maybe he'll hire Dechaine as an advisor.

pt109
11-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Brrrrrrrrrnnnnnggggggggg
White House greetings office.....how can I be assistance to you?

...uh, my name is Angel, and I have ten really good shooters that would like to meet
the President.

Oh, really? We'll be right over.....
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CDoQuAIwBmoVChMI3LWrv9__yAIVxzMmCh3LNgVw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9Nr W16PUv8Y&usg=AFQjCNFuTuvO94e6Vm6kFXPmvZsuVwu7Rw&sig2=3x7kHWmNxYRM0fc-a9m8sw

SilverCue
11-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Wow,

Masturbate more....

Next

Is that possible? :D

TwinkleToes
11-07-2015, 08:21 PM
What will scare me is if he says, "If you like your Balabushka, you can keep it!"

PINKLADY
11-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Hope all of the "circle jerks" will stay in their closet and let this thread be what it was intended.

what better time to return after a year, than for a hand gesture by a woman!

@ OP - it's cool to see someone being proactive in marketing Mosconi in & for the US & pool, and from an OBVIOUS angle that has been overlooked. :rolleyes:

where's that Lieutenant/Colonel that helped train our boys last year? surely he, and all the Armed Forces/Vets herein, could spread the word nationwide & fill our stands with military? those Brits would sh*t their pants if they walked into 300 obnoxious pool-playing Marines in uniform. :eek:

and the President would have to, at minimum, acknowledge The Mosconi Cup.

buzzsaw
11-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Is that possible? :D

Pre-shot routine.

Johnny Rosato
11-07-2015, 11:18 PM
I'll take them tweesers if'n you'll include pads,grease,& give me a 15 minute head start !!! LOL

Chicagoplayer
11-08-2015, 12:44 AM
what better time to return after a year, than for a hand gesture by a woman!

@ OP - it's cool to see someone being proactive in marketing Mosconi in & for the US & pool, and from an OBVIOUS angle that has been overlooked. :rolleyes:

where's that Lieutenant/Colonel that helped train our boys last year? surely he, and all the Armed Forces/Vets herein, could spread the word nationwide & fill our stands with military? those Brits would sh*t their pants if they walked into 300 obnoxious pool-playing Marines in uniform. :eek:

and the President would have to, at minimum, acknowledge The Mosconi Cup.

Unbelievable-

Potential acknowledgement for Pool by a sitting President and all I hear are crickets and the sounds of hair being pulled out.

Keep doin' whatcha been doin',
and you'll all keep gettin' what you've been gettin'.

But it's nice to see "put-up or shut-up" come into play- thank you Pinklady!

There it is on the table:

Servicemen and Veterans: Will you help inform those in your sphere of influence that there even is a Mosconi Cup??

Chicagoplayer
11-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Oh great. Now he'll waste $$$ on a few tables at the Whitehouse. Maybe it won't be that bad. Knowing him, they'll be small bar tables with large pockets. Maybe he'll hire Dechaine as an advisor.

There's almost always been a pool table in the White House-
I do believe they have a billiard table as well.

pooladdict
11-08-2015, 02:34 AM
Wow,

Masturbate more....

Next

haha, excellent reply Angel. Hope you are doing well - great initiative :thumbup:

JAM
11-08-2015, 03:45 AM
There's almost always been a pool table in the White House-
I do believe they have a billiard table as well.

The presidential pool table is at Camp David now. There used to be one at the White House, though. Here is an interesting read, an AzBilliards thread about presidents shooting pool, to include President Obama: White House Takes a Cue from Kansas (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=142388)

I will follow up your letter with one of my own, Angel, and print your invite as an attachment. I have a few media contacts, who may be able to walk my letter in and hand-deliver it to the right person, which may ensure Obama actually reads it himself.

I think it is a great idea and thinking out of the box. There are three kinds of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch what happened, and those who wonder what happened. You, Angel, are obviously somebody who makes things happen. Bravo! :)

JAM
11-08-2015, 03:49 AM
The third floor at the White House is also home to the game room, where a pool table resided at least since the George HW Bush era. Today's Map Room was once home to a White House pool table; and even as early as John Quincy Adams, a pool table has inhabited today's Vermeil Room or some other corner of the mansion from time to time. The Nixon White House had a pool table, although it's not clear which room it was in.

At least through the Kennedy era, this room was a bedroom. The Game Room has its own lavatory.

According to Brunswick:

Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was a self-confessed “billiards addict.” He described the game as a “health inspiring, scientific game, lending recreation to the otherwise fatigued mind.” It is quite possible that critical issues of national interest—slavery, international relations and the civil war—were handled over the slate of a Brunswick table.

Teddy Roosevelt—our Secretary of the Navy and the hero of San Juan Hill, the President of the United States and, later, a distinguished wild game hunter—owned a Brunswick table.

There was a Brunswick table in the White House during the administrations of several recent presidents. And when President Eisenhower established Camp David, it was furnished with not one, but four Brunswick tables. Every President since Eisenhower—Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Clinton—has used those tables. A stream of notable visitors, including Winston Churchill, Nikita Krushchev, Charles de Gaulle, Anwar Sadat and King Hussein, all knew those tables. Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan were known to be pretty good players.

Colonel
11-08-2015, 04:08 AM
Any exposure to the team & cup and this game are good things. Kudos to you

Baron
11-08-2015, 04:42 AM
^^I'm with this guy

Dunnn51
11-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Well, the post and 1st reply you made didn't make me lol, but it did make me crack a biggg smile ! :D (I thought. "yeah, she would say that!" )

Angel , I like your attitude; why not ask him to attend !

You are a "pip" Angel, (but then I knew that an hour before I met you) :cool:

Don't let 'em get you down . Keep on; keepin' on !

chefjeff
11-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Hope he does respond .....

why?

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-08-2015, 07:22 AM

That.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-08-2015, 07:24 AM

What's the intention of this thread but to invite the uS president to a tourney? Haven't the comments, plus and minus, been precisely on that exact subject?

Jeff Livingston

jb1911
11-08-2015, 11:21 AM
It might not be too bad if he attended, it would keep him from destroying what's left of the country for a few hours.

rrick33
11-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Something tells me the trolls are getting ready to highjack this thread to fit their political agenda. It may be time to move this to the Craigslist, "Rants and Raves" section.

pt109
11-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Kudos to Angel and JAM for their efforts to promote pool.
Golf has been blessed with a lot of people like this.

But AZers have to have a little fun also.....
....I hear the Prez is a leftie...
...and if I can make a game in that spot.....can I get a Baracker?

Mr. Bond
11-08-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't see why we can't invite the mayor and governor as well.
Patriotic PR is typically good for everyone.

Chicagoplayer
11-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Patriotic PR is typically good for everyone.

Well said sir!

Chicagoplayer
11-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Brrrrrrrrrnnnnnggggggggg
White House greetings office.....how can I be assistance to you?

...uh, my name is Angel, and I have ten really good shooters that would like to meet
the President.

Oh, really? We'll be right over.....
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CDoQuAIwBmoVChMI3LWrv9__yAIVxzMmCh3LNgVw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9Nr W16PUv8Y&usg=AFQjCNFuTuvO94e6Vm6kFXPmvZsuVwu7Rw&sig2=3x7kHWmNxYRM0fc-a9m8sw

I like smart- good or bad.

Chicagoplayer
11-08-2015, 08:21 PM
It might not be too bad if he attended, it would keep him from destroying what's left of the country for a few hours.

Really?
You can see no good side?
Is your hate of one man greater than your love for pool?

jb1911
11-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Really?

Yes. My country is more important than pool.

Banks
11-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Yes. My country is more important than pool.

Lol. :speechless:

Typical of this place or pool in general.. somebody tries to do something creative and helpful for pool and much of what you get is a bunch of twits making dumb statements.

Angel, just do what you do - it's good.

PINKLADY
11-08-2015, 11:15 PM
i thought the Mission Statement of AZB was to promote pool?

while this could be turned into an NPR thread of political affiliation (which would give BOTH sides the advantage to be 20 feet from POTUS, for different reasons & a possible sighting of Wiley :cool:), it's unfortunate that this thread only affects a security check of 10 AZBers, of 1000 tickets.

so who can call a friend of a friend of a troop & persuade them to attend for $400 flight & hotel @ 3 nights @ Tropicana ($300 across the street @ MGM/Luxor), to support their country & fellow players?

if our troops are there - POTUS will follow....

(oooohh! or better yet, we could TRUMP!) :eek: i can take this lead! :happydance:

AzHousePro
11-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Really?

Yes Dave. Their hatred of one man is greater than a lot of things.

1. Their love of pool
2. Their ability to use common sense
3. Their ability to think for themselves

etc

PINKLADY
11-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Yes Dave. Their hatred of one man is greater than a lot of things.

1. Their love of pool
2. Their ability to use common sense
3. Their ability to think for themselves

etc

post of the year nominee, before it's edited ;)

justadub
11-09-2015, 01:00 AM
post of the year nominee, before it's edited ;)

Agreed! :thumbup:

Smooth
11-09-2015, 08:59 AM
and exactly which team do you think he will be rooting for?

IUTrader
11-09-2015, 10:05 AM

ISIS.

amirite???

IUTrader
11-09-2015, 10:16 AM
In all seriousness, why on earth would anyone criticize someone for inviting any form of acknowledgement from the President for this international challenge? The president meets with the championship winning team from all of the major sports, so any form of attention from the office (regardless of who holds it) would be good for our sport.

I know it's not everybody on here, but there seems to be a lot of loud "crabs in a bucket," who will stop at nothing to poison the well, because someone has a different idea than them. I can understand constructive criticism, especially with regards to a subject about which we are all so passionate, but does anyone on here really think that MORE exposure for pool would be a bad thing? Are all the gun-toting, bible thumping hillbillies going to stop playing because Barry O. threw out a "Go get 'em boys!"? Would all of the cry baby, free-loading, baby-eating, atheist libs stopped playing had W. done the same? Neither is likely, i'm sure.

Angel,
Thanks for all you do to promote the game. Best of luck w/your documentary.

ChicagoRJ
11-09-2015, 10:35 AM
You might have a better chance inviting the US Secretary of Commerce. She has funded and help raise funds for Obama campaigns for years, she's from Chicago, and she has a pool table. It's got orange cloth on it, and is the most hideous thing I've ever seen, but she does have a table ;)

Oh, and she's a BILLIONAIRE !!!!!!!!!!!

snucar
11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Just invite Vincent Lauria and an army of scientologists instead, the Euros will be pooping their pants. You know it's true!:D

chefjeff
11-09-2015, 11:21 AM
In all seriousness, why on earth would anyone criticize someone for inviting any form of acknowledgement from the President for this international challenge? The president meets with the championship winning team from all of the major sports, so any form of attention from the office (regardless of who holds it) would be good for our sport.

I know it's not everybody on here, but there seems to be a lot of loud "crabs in a bucket," who will stop at nothing to poison the well, because someone has a different idea than them. I can understand constructive criticism, especially with regards to a subject about which we are all so passionate, but does anyone on here really think that MORE exposure for pool would be a bad thing? Are all the gun-toting, bible thumping hillbillies going to stop playing because Barry O. threw out a "Go get 'em boys!"? Would all of the cry baby, free-loading, baby-eating, atheist libs stopped playing had W. done the same? Neither is likely, i'm sure.

Angel,
Thanks for all you do to promote the game. Best of luck w/your documentary.

Because having a politician, who was not voted for by well over 2/3rds of citizens, will, to use your term, poison the well of pool.

Why even go there, when the downside is so great and the upside so little?

Government over the decades has INTENTIONALLY done more to harm pool than to help it. Bob Byrne even devoted an entire chapter in his Advanced Pool book on it.

Think about it....If doing something has a high potential (we're seeing the disgust here in just this thread, think of elsewhere!) to harm you and what you promote and not gain you much, why go there in the first place? Why create such a problem that needn't be created? I think that is the main objection here, but I'm giving the politicos the benefit of the doubt, so I'm probably wrong.

Jeff Livingston

Banks
11-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Because having a politician, who was not voted for by well over 2/3rds of citizens, will, to use your term, poison the well of pool.

Government over the decades has INTENTIONALLY done more to harm pool than to help it. Bob Byrne even devoted an entire chapter in his Advanced Pool book on it.

Think about it....If doing something has a high potential (we're seeing the disgust here in just this thread, think of elsewhere!) to harm you and what you promote and not gain you much, why go there in the first place? Why create such a problem that needn't be created? I think that is the main objection here, but I'm giving the politicos the benefit of the doubt, so I'm probably wrong.

Jeff Livingston

Hilarious stuff here. Talking about government creating problems for pool in a thread hijacked by npr fools that was originally meant as a possible way to help pool.

IUTrader
11-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Jeff Livingston

Given the "2/3rds" statement above, would you then not want any seated president, EVER, to give an acknowledgement to team USA? For the past 30+ yrs, voter turnout has been under 55% for every presidential election, so we're already starting with 45% of the population NOT voting for whomever wins. A candidate who wins with 55% of the popular vote (which would be a large disparity) will still only have about 30% of the vote based on the total eligible voting population. And heck, there have even been 4 presidents to win election after LOSING the popular vote.

Regarding the potential harm, can you elaborate? Do you think there is a way to quantify the potential harm? Do you believe that the President's interaction with other sports (front row for the opening game of the NBA, picking a bracket for the NCAA men's bball tournament, welcoming championship teams, etc), has been detrimental to other sports?

For many other international competitions, the leaders of cities/states/countries send best wishes to their "home team," and try to drum up local support. Do you believe that people stop supporting a team because of a politician's support? If so, on what basis do you believe that? And to what degree does this affect things like attendance, apparel sales, etc?

slide13
11-09-2015, 12:14 PM

No president in 39 years has garnered more than 2/3 of eligible voters, the highest anyone has achieved since 1900 was 37.8%. Obama has the highest percentage since Reagan in 1984 and that is for both of his wins. He won the popular vote with a solid margin of 4% or 5,000,000 votes.

jb1911
11-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Lol. :speechless:

Typical of this place or pool in general.. somebody tries to do something creative and helpful for pool and much of what you get is a bunch of twits making dumb statements.

Angel, just do what you do - it's good.

When asked "What's more important to you, your country or pool?" what kind of an asshat would say pool?

Chicagoplayer
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
When asked "What's more important to you, your country or pool?" what kind of an asshat would say pool?

I never asked you if you loved your country.

The question was-
Is your hate of one man more than your love for pool?
Slow down when you read.

bmccaslin
11-09-2015, 02:48 PM
The president meets with the championship winning team from all of the major sports, so any form of attention from the office (regardless of who holds it) would be good for our sport.

I thought of this as soon as I read the first post - even if the President was unable to attend the event how great would it be to invite the team to the White House like they do with the other Championship teams in other sports if Team USA did win? I'm pretty sure all 5 of them would be thrilled for the recognition and it could only be a good thing for the sport in general to have that recognition as well.

Great idea to try and bring this to the President's attention! :thumbup:

-Brian

Spimp13
11-09-2015, 02:52 PM
I love lamp, but nobody gives a shit.

Banks
11-09-2015, 02:56 PM

Better yet.. what kind needs to mention it? :thud:

Now, if you don't mind, I've got more pool business to deal with. You npr folks can go back to crying about everything while not doing anything. :wave3:

jb1911
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM

Now, if you don't mind, I've got more pool business to deal with. You npr folks can go back to crying about everything while not doing anything. :wave3:

Where is this NPR crap coming from? They as far left as it gets.

ElCorazonFrio
11-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Where is this NPR crap coming from? They as far left as it gets.

On this site NPR isn't in reference to National Public Radio, it is a reference to the Non-Pool Related subforum.

Poolshootindon
11-09-2015, 03:27 PM

That being said-

Lay it on me

-CP

Not a chance. Now if they were playing on a golf course that would be another story. :):)

jb1911
11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
On this site NPR isn't in reference to National Public Radio, it is a reference to the Non-Pool Related subforum.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

justadub
11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm truly surprised that the NPR crew hasn't come in here, guns ablazing, yet....

Other than RJ and the Chef, of course. :p

I realize they don't often cruise the Main Forum, but when stuff like this lasts a day or more, they usually catch wind of it and make an appearance :D

pt109
11-09-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm truly surprised that the NPR crew hasn't come in here, guns ablazing, yet....

I realize they don't often cruise the Main Forum, but when stuff like this lasts a day or more, they usually catch wind of it and make an appearance :D

Well, Dub, I've posted twice in this thread, and I'm an NPR regular also.
Be careful what you ask for...or I'll get Sev and JimmyG over here.

There's a lot of good threads on NPR, and they play pool also.

Oh, and Pinky visits often...just to straighten us out about a few things.

justadub
11-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Sorry to have left you out...while I occasionally get lost and find myself "over there", I'm far from a regular visitor.

Sev, and LWW, and JimmyG, and Wiley, and....oh I know there's a bunch more of the regulars from that part of our little AZB world. ;)

PINKLADY
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM

shhh! :ignore:

shhh!!!!

actually, this is totally up NPR's political alley, as yáll offer valid opinions (except for Wiley & that dude who was supposedly coming in from the Phillipines for the Open). ideas & actions - are what this thread is ultimately about.

so now that yáll two have all opened your mouths & spread the Word - WELCOME! and BRING IT! what suggestions do yáll have to promoting pool via kicking Europe's asses & bringing home The Cup? and how are yáll willing to contribute to accomplish said? what's the most effective way to get the attention of POTUS? :cool:

ChicagoRJ
11-09-2015, 08:58 PM

And Dub, I came in with my weapon holstered. Not nary a bad work and even suggested inviting the Sec of Commerce instead since she owns a pool table ;)

And yeah, I don't much care for Obama or his politics, but the other half that does might like it that he plays pool, and might check it out. So it could NEVER hurt the game at all. And any promotion of pool helps the game, every little bit.

Obama is a White Sox fan, but he does wear his Sox cap now and again, and that don't hurt the team by giving them a little attention, so that's cool. Still don't like him, but he is a Sox fan, so he's doing something right ;)

Mark Griffin
11-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Angel,

Doubt Obama does much - so ask Trump.

Here are my thoughts - he's got the balls to show up. He needs to know about 35-40 million people play pool in the US - and they cross all walks of citizens.

If it ever did happen - pool could get an audience of millions of viewers over several days - just from the news shows. The exposure would have to be way cool for pool.

The downside is it could be pretty disruptive to the production - because of all the security issues mentioned by NYCdude. I still think the upside is worth the disruption.

Go get it done, Miss Angel. (My .02 cents)

Mark Griffin

avscue
11-10-2015, 12:20 AM
so what is so wrong about asking the president to attend? regardless of politics, its a media draw to the event. other than mark (and well wishers), i haven't seen any straight forward comments other than to criticize the effort. if there is some other idea, put it out.

LAMas
11-10-2015, 12:55 AM
For a Lefty, his vision center is right eye dominant...compared to Bern.
Just ask the money lenders and the prospering 1%ers.

His bridge looks similar to Efren's and he will offer to sell it to you.

He will spot you $2,500 on Obamacare Wire but it will turn out to be an Air Barrel.

He might consider showing up if you throw in a round of golf but not at Trump National Golf Club in Palos Verdes, CA for taking Air Force One from Vegas will increase the anthropologic carbon foot print...not good for his only legacy.

Be well...if you can.:thumbup:

JB Cases
11-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Angel, you're a certified badass!

ddadams
11-10-2015, 02:20 AM
How so- please elaborate?

RE: The fact that I asked the President to support our Team USA at Mosconi?
or
RE: Should I have at least offered to spit in NYC's hand first?

:eek: LOOL

Holy sh... lmao

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 04:45 AM
Hilarious stuff here. Talking about government creating problems for pool in a thread hijacked by npr fools that was originally meant as a possible way to help pool.

So I'm a fool?

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Given the "2/3rds" statement above, would you then not want any seated president, EVER, to give an acknowledgement to team USA? (snip)

I'd go farther than that, but this isn't the time or place to talk about it.

If I won some big azz tourney or sports thingy and the president called, I'd not take the call. I don't pay him to do that, don't want him to do that, don't need him to do that. It's not his job to do that. Would you want your employee to stop working in order to make a personal call? Get back to work!

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 04:53 AM
No president in 39 years has garnered more than 2/3 of eligible voters, the highest anyone has achieved since 1900 was 37.8%. Obama has the highest percentage since Reagan in 1984 and that is for both of his wins. He won the popular vote with a solid margin of 4% or 5,000,000 votes.

That's what I said. 2/3rds of the population never chose the pres., never will, so what of those people and THEIR choices? Why take the chance to piss off 2/3rds of the people with a publicity campaign?

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 04:54 AM

Now, I'm lazy, too?

Jeff, foolish and lazy, Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 04:59 AM
Someone asked about what downside is there to doing this. This thread demonstrates exactly what the downside is, as it is turning into what?: An argument about politics, a division of our ranks into warring factions, a negative.

That's what I fear with these types of actions.

Jeff Livingston

Patrick Johnson
11-10-2015, 05:37 AM
So I'm a fool?
Let's look at the evidence...

...having a politician, who was not voted for by well over 2/3rds of citizens, will, to use your term, poison the well of pool.
Yep.

pj
chgo

TX Poolnut
11-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Good morning everyone.

Colonel
11-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Good morning everyone.

Good Morning [emoji1]
Greenie for you sir

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Someone asked about what downside is there to doing this. This thread demonstrates exactly what the downside is, as it is turning into what?: An argument about politics, a division of our ranks into warring factions, a negative.

Jeff Livingston

And continue living.
My hope for you is that you become the change you want to see.

Colonel
11-10-2015, 09:13 AM
And continue living.

Indeed, great reply

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Jeff Livingston

Nobody is doing that.
We are talking about the good and the bad points of inviting the President to an internationally recognized tournament.

ARE ANY OF YOU GOING TO REACH OUT TO YOUR MILITARY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO LET THEM KNOW THE MOSCONI CUP EXISTS?
Are you going to help TEAM USA or NOT??
If not, hit the road.
If so, then contribute constructively.

LAMas
11-10-2015, 09:23 AM
I wish that he would instead donate the cost (to the taxpayers) of the flight and entourage going to Vegas to the MC purse.:smile:

snucar
11-10-2015, 09:25 AM
an internationally recognized tournament.

No more than 5000 people are bothered with the Mosconi or any other pool tournament in the world. Hardly "call the President" stuff.

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:26 AM

Jeff Livingston

Learn what your avatar represents sir!

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:31 AM
No more than 5000 people are bothered with the Mosconi or any other pool tournament in the world. Hardly "call the President" stuff.

If only 5,000 people pay attention (here) so be it.

Why is Matchroom Sport in business?

Because their programming reaches far beyond our shores to every country and this programming
INCLUDES THE MOSCONI CUP!.

I will assume you don't travel outside the USA,
so this means you don't know what the rest of the world watches.
Sky Sport , Euro Sport, and Sun Sport exist and air pool prime time.

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:37 AM

Are you going to tell people about the Mosconi Cup?
Are you going to be proactive?
Are YOU snucar going to help TEAM USA or NOT?

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:40 AM
I wish that he would instead donate the cost (to the taxpayers) of the flight and entourage going to Vegas to the MC purse.:smile:

there's no cost to send a message of encouragement though-

Are YOU LAMas going to tell people there is a Mosconi Cup?
Are YOU going to help TEAM USA or NOT?

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone.

Good Morning Poolnut!

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 09:45 AM
And Dub, I came in with my weapon holstered. Not nary a bad work and even suggested inviting the Sec of Commerce instead since she owns a pool table ;)

And yeah, I don't much care for Obama or his politics, but the other half that does might like it that he plays pool, and might check it out. So it could NEVER hurt the game at all. And any promotion of pool helps the game, every little bit.

Obama is a White Sox fan, but he does wear his Sox cap now and again, and that don't hurt the team by giving them a little attention, so that's cool. Still don't like him, but he is a Sox fan, so he's doing something right ;)

I sent her an email :grin-square:

snucar
11-10-2015, 09:57 AM
If only 5,000 people pay attention (here) so be it.

Why is Matchroom Sport in business?

Because their programming reaches far beyond our shores to every country and this programming
INCLUDES THE MOSCONI CUP!.

I will assume you don't travel outside the USA,
so this means you don't know what the rest of the world watches.
Sky Sport , Euro Sport, and Sun Sport exist and air pool prime time.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First of all, I'm from Europe and not the USA. The majority of the Europeans (and the rest of the world) are watching the MC free through streaming of the Sky Sports channel, they don't spend a single penny. Only some British chaps use the Sky channels directly. Eurosport definitely does not show pool, but snooker. As for why Matchroom is in the business, I'll tell you what Ted Lerner himself once told me when I barked at him complaining about the Doha organisation of the WC wishing Matchroom to come back and take the WC...his words were something like that "if you think that Matchroom makes money out of its pool events, you 're a fool(hence why they've abandoned the World Championship)...every single pool event goes in red, make no mistake about that...but the investment worth the money spent because it makes the company's image look better and shows they're active on more areas than one, which is great for their marketing value...the contract they have with Sky is peanuts and that's the only reason Sky is interested in their pool events".

But I guess you are better informed than Ted Lerner is.

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 10:24 AM
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First of all, I'm from Europe and not the USA. The majority of the Europeans (and the rest of the world) are watching the MC free through streaming of the Sky Sports channel, they don't spend a single penny. Only some British chaps use the Sky channels directly. Eurosport definitely does not show pool, but snooker. As for why Matchroom is in the business, I'll tell you what Ted Lerner himself once told me when I barked at him complaining about the Doha organisation of the WC wishing Matchroom to come back and take the WC...his words were something like that "if you think that Matchroom makes money out of its pool events, you 're a fool(hence why they've abandoned the World Championship)...every single pool event goes in red, make no mistake about that...but the investment worth the money spent because it makes the company's image look better and shows they're active on more areas than one, which is great for their marketing value...the contract they have with Sky is peanuts and that's the only reason Sky is interested in their pool events".

But I guess you are better informed than Ted Lerner is.

I understand and I know about some of the finer points.

I know Ted, and we never talked about the finances of MS-

should I have the inclination,
I will ask Barry Hearn himself and I will not rely on anyone else's supposition

My point is they are in business and pool IS aired and people do watch.

Now that you live here-
WILL YOU TELL PEOPLE AROUND YOU ABOUT THE MOSCONI CUP??
You, yourself, with your own mouth or fingers- will YOU do something or nothing to help?

LAMas
11-10-2015, 10:36 AM
there's no cost to send a message of encouragement though-

Are YOU LAMas going to tell people there is a Mosconi Cup?
Are YOU going to help TEAM USA or NOT?

I will and have gone to Vegas if they aren't sold out already...very popular. Will you?

Be well

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I will and have gone to Vegas if they aren't sold out already...very popular. Will you?

Be well

Yes, I will be there.

But I asked if you will tell people that there is a Mosconi Cup-
The problem is not whether we- the pool community know-

The problem is the rest of the non-pool playing world does not know.

PINKLADY
11-10-2015, 11:20 AM

then why don't you invite the Queen?

Lonestar_jim
11-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Good effort Chicagoplayer.

Maybe "Hatred of one man" = "Love of country" for some people.

Cheers

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

snucar
11-10-2015, 11:28 AM

No more than 5000 people are bothered with the Mosconi or any other pool tournament in the world. Hardly "call the Queen" stuff, duh!

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Cheers

Thank you so much for the above equation!

It's very restorative to me Lonestar_jim:)

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Just Wills and Harry.

Barry Hearn knows Harry.
Harry goes to darts.
Matchroom owns the World Championships of Darts and Barry owns Matchroom.
6 degrees of pool separation.
Pool is connected to everything:wink:

HelloBaby-
11-10-2015, 11:59 AM
If you want to promote pool, then invite Tom Cruise, Clooney, and Brad Pitt for an exhibition game, for example. Talking about promotional value for pool, not the event only, the celebirities are far more effective than the POTUS. Percentage wise, you "probably" have more chance to get Tom Cruise there than Obama, but the chances are both so slim that the difference is not really matter.

jb1911
11-10-2015, 12:00 PM

Cheers

In reply to your snide remark, I don't "hate" anyone, I hate what he's doing. I agree that no one really cares about pool in this country, the bad rep still remains. 999 cable channels and it's hard to find more than once a month.

snucar
11-10-2015, 12:06 PM
If you want to promote pool, then invite Tom Cruise, Clooney, and Brad Pitt for an exhibition game, for example. Talking about promotional value for pool, not the event only, the celebirities are far more effective than the POTUS. Percentage wise, you "probably" have more chance to get Tom Cruise there than Obama, but the chances are both so slim that the difference is not really matter.

Just invite Vincent Lauria and an army of scientologists instead, the Euros will be pooping their pants. You know it's true!:D

But no one listened! :wink:

Lonestar_jim
11-10-2015, 01:18 PM
In reply to your snide remark, I don't "hate" anyone, I hate what he's doing. I agree that no one really cares about pool in this country, the bad rep still remains. 999 cable channels and it's hard to find more than once a month.
Glad to know that because it does your health no good over time.

I appreciate anyone who wants to affect change through any political means and or education of the misinformed.

I just find that I no longer get any juice from political dialogue as I see way too many hard liners without tact or courtesy to the other side.

You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

No offense to you flies.

pt109
11-10-2015, 01:20 PM

I think he has a better chance of getting Pavlopoulos

snucar
11-10-2015, 01:25 PM
I think he has a better chance of getting Pavlopoulos

Finally, someone who's not confused with all that amount of knowledge shared in here!:thumbup:

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Glad to know that because it does your health no good over time.

I appreciate anyone who wants to affect change through any political means and or education of the misinformed.

I just find that I no longer get any juice from political dialogue as I see way too many hard liners without tact or courtesy to the other side.

You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

No offense to you flies.

Consider my mind blown!

-by the words you've written and the sentiment behind them...

Thank you Lonestar_jim!

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 02:18 PM

Yeah,
it's easy to point which direction you'd like me to go- but I see that you are able to write a message to me-

How's about you give it a try- that's all I do.

How about ANY of you- giving it a try?

I am a good working dog.

Why don't you be one too?

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Nobody is doing that.
We are talking about the good and the bad points of inviting the President to an internationally recognized tournament.

Me, too, but I get shit about my opinion because it doesn't agree with some others' here. That's my point in fact about creation of problems.

ARE ANY OF YOU GOING TO REACH OUT TO YOUR MILITARY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO LET THEM KNOW THE MOSCONI CUP EXISTS?
Are you going to help TEAM USA or NOT??
If not, hit the road.
If so, then contribute constructively.

I market pool as much as I can, more than most. I just don't bullshit people when I do it.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 03:50 PM
And continue living.

That's some good advice.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=409190

Come join us in that thread that ask others to contribute to exactly what you're asking here.

Great minds think alike....and so do ours!

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Learn what your avatar represents sir!

That's not what my avatar really represents, but thanks for the advice.

Jeff Livingston

Chicagoplayer
11-10-2015, 04:04 PM
That's some good advice.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=409190

Come join us in that thread that ask others to contribute to exactly what you're asking here.

Great minds think alike....and so do ours!

Jeff Livingston

This is where we differ-
There are no non pool related topics for me.
Pool touches everything.

Thank you for the invitation to contribute chefjeff.

Lonestar_jim
11-10-2015, 04:21 PM
This is where we differ-
Pool touches everything.

I'm sure you can play in there with high "pool" principles and nobody will mind.

I'll check it out when I get a chance. Looks exactly like something substantive and measurable.

chefjeff
11-10-2015, 05:33 PM
This is where we differ-
Pool touches everything.

I used to make that case when I first got here. I thought any talk about politics and such things would be based around their effect on pool, but boy was I wrong about that!

I tried on npr once long ago to make every post there related to pool, but somehow it didn't happen for long.

Jeff Livingston

PINKLADY
11-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I used to make that case when I first got here. I thought any talk about politics and such things would be based around their effect on pool, but boy was I wrong about that!

I tried on npr once long ago to make every post there related to pool, but somehow it didn't happen for long.

Jeff Livingston

as of yesterday, another pool room closed, and so did one of my furniture mfgs (who supplies pool rooms) - has nothing to do with the economy.... :rolleyes:

this affects EVERYone, which you know, Jeff.

but WHO is willing to EXERCISE their RIGHTS and DO SOMETHING to INVOKE ACTION? (for pool)

GaryB
11-11-2015, 04:01 AM

He could send the European Mosconi guys on an expedition to the Mideast in search of Weapons of Mass Destruction. That should be good for a few points due to forfeitures. For the remainder of the European Team Dick Cheany could offer them high no bid contracts to perform jobs that require no skills for Halliburton especially those might involve use of long skinny pieces of wood. That would give the USA more than enough points to win. No WMD's and nothing more than the usual amount of corruption that bogs everyone down to the point that they can no longer function in a normal manner.

chefjeff
11-11-2015, 06:00 AM
as of yesterday, another pool room closed, and so did one of my furniture mfgs (who supplies pool rooms) - has nothing to do with the economy.... :rolleyes:

this affects EVERYone, which you know, Jeff.

but WHO is willing to EXERCISE their RIGHTS and DO SOMETHING to INVOKE ACTION? (for pool)

Promoting anything can involve many different strategies, some seen and some unseen, some big ideas and some small. As each of us does what each of us can do, the tide can rise from those small actions taken together.

I think the most important principle is to be honest and recognize such things take a longer timeframe than many are willing to endure. That's one reason I don't go for large, good-sounding quick "fixes" but instead do what I can do effectively and consistently in my little corner of the world and encourage others to do the same. That's doable for the long-term, imho, vs. shooting the wad quickly and getting burnt out.

Share the article in BD this month by Mike P., for example, if you want to help the Mosconi Cup. That's one idea.

Jeff Livingston

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Promoting anything can involve many different strategies, some seen and some unseen, some big ideas and some small. As each of us does what each of us can do, the tide can rise from those small actions taken together.

I think the most important principle is to be honest and recognize such things take a longer timeframe than many are willing to endure. That's one reason I don't go for large, good-sounding quick "fixes" but instead do what I can do effectively and consistently in my little corner of the world and encourage others to do the same. That's doable for the long-term, imho, vs. shooting the wad quickly and getting burnt out.

Share the article in BD this month by Mike P., for example, if you want to help the Mosconi Cup. That's one idea.

Jeff Livingston

That's a great idea!
EXACTLY!
It's the simple things...

Share this story on Sky (I've been filming him for 8 years, starting with the IPT Pro-Am)

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/30488052/team-usas-skyler-woodward-preparing-for-mosconi-cup?autoStart=true

I've been in it for the long haul and only within the past year or so, things have begun to gel correctly.

You have no idea how much I've spent in the last 9 years, without a return-
but I know everything I've worked towards for pool will pay off in spades.

BD and Pool and Billiards are here in Chicago:thumbup:

benjaminwah
11-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Great idea Angel, better and more realistic would be get Joe Rogan in there. Better yet get him to do commentary. He's a huge fan the sport. I think that would get it bumped up to at least ESPN 2.

PINKLADY
11-11-2015, 07:29 AM

Jeff Livingston

agreed. and thanks to the internet, ideas can now be promoted in real-time, reaching far more, while costing very little time/effort on one's part. unfortunately, Mosconi's US consumers #'s are declining (as are other similar venues), which indicates that it's not working within the pool world. hence, the OP's idea is to step out of that box, and go political/military. new blood. it's fairly easy for everyone here to spend 10 minutes googling the phone number for their local military base & then calling and saying:

"hey, is it true that the President has been invited to attend the Mosconi Cup pool tournament in Vegas on December 7 for Team USA vs Team Europe? are any of your boys going, cause it only costs $300 & there's a military discount?"

and they'll tell 2 friends, and so-on, and so-on. it doesn't matter if the President comes (although it'd be HUGE if he does) - it's the "hook" to get the word out.

and yes, great idea about Billiards Digest. everyone should call. all it costs is a few minutes of our time.

kagewest
11-11-2015, 08:05 AM
I will be there and honestly if the idiot shows up I will probably give my tickets away.

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 08:23 AM
agreed. and thanks to the internet, ideas can now be promoted in real-time, reaching far more, while costing very little time/effort on one's part. unfortunately, Mosconi's US consumers #'s are declining (as are other similar venues), which indicates that it's not working within the pool world. hence, the OP's idea is to step out of that box, and go political/military. new blood. it's fairly easy for everyone here to spend 10 minutes googling the phone number for their local military base & then calling and saying:

"hey, is it true that the President has been invited to attend the Mosconi Cup pool tournament in Vegas on December 7 for Team USA vs Team Europe? are any of your boys going, cause it only costs $300 & there's a military discount?"

and they'll tell 2 friends, and so-on, and so-on. it doesn't matter if the President comes (although it'd be HUGE if he does) - it's the "hook" to get the word out.

and yes, great idea about Billiards Digest. everyone should call. all it costs is a few minutes of our time.

It's Veterans Day, I pray your words resonate as loudly within this forum as they do within my heart and head.

I'm so glad you see the bigger picture- it's like trying to tell beginners to look ahead to their next shot-
they just can't see it...

You are brilliant!
What's more, you're willing to take the 10 minutes to Google a question and send an email.

If everyone would just send 1 letter or email to let them know there IS a Mosconi Cup, and that the USA has a Team that the country can get behind- we can garner attention.

You're an amazing human being, thank you for helping raise our sport and the people who play pool's profile

To all who may read this-every small effort has impact!
Ultimately, we want to show our efforts have value to all involved-

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 08:26 AM
I will be there and honestly if the idiot shows up I will probably give my tickets away.

Adios Amigo!

Patrick Johnson
11-11-2015, 08:27 AM
The definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

pj
chgo

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Great idea Angel, better and more realistic would be get Joe Rogan in there. Better yet get him to do commentary. He's a huge fan the sport. I think that would get it bumped up to at least ESPN 2.

He has a show on the 11th in Vegas- he'll probably be there:thumbup:

Maxx
11-11-2015, 09:54 AM

pj
chgo

That's pretty funny!

Colonel
11-11-2015, 10:20 AM

One shouldn't bite off their nose to spite their face

fastone371
11-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Isn't one of them in jail or something, or was that a different one from Illinois? I forget.

chefjeff
11-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Adios Amigo!

You're not being very inviting by telling others "adios," beings you're looking for more people to enjoy this sport.

But his comments demonstrate the problem I spoke about with inviting what many consider plain old criminals to join the movement.

Jeff Livingston

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 11:15 AM
ISIS.

amirite???

Sooo good!

Chicagoplayer
11-11-2015, 11:19 AM
You're not being very inviting by telling others "adios," beings you're looking for more people to enjoy this sport.

But his comments demonstrate the problem I spoke about with inviting what many consider plain old criminals to join the movement.

Jeff Livingston

If he cannot find it in his heart to stick it out and watch the event and insists he give his tickets away, that is his choice.

He has the right to walk away and not stay.
I will not beg him.
He can turn on his heels and go-
I told him "Adios Amigo" still acknowledging as "friend"

I've pleaded for common sense to prevail.

PINKLADY
11-11-2015, 11:21 AM

but then you would miss your opportunity to call him an "idiot" to his face -
Trump Towers is running $95/night. where are you staying?

justadub
11-11-2015, 08:39 PM

pj
chgo

Brilliant!

Colin Colenso
11-12-2015, 12:22 AM
If he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, then he deserves a spot on TEAM USA :D

caff3in3
11-12-2015, 05:57 AM

THIS!

He is a known name, loves the game and is a great commentator.

FranCrimi
11-12-2015, 06:32 AM
The problem with events like the Mosconi Cup is that for the promoters like Matchroom, it's really all about the TV coverage. That's where the money is for them and they don't reach out to the local community of where the event is taking place.

Why has no one contacted the Mayor of Las Vegas and the Governor of Nevada to alert them to this significant event? Why not have the Mayor declare an official Las Vegas Pocket Billiards Day, with a ribbon cutting ceremony and all the newspapers in attendance?

There is so much you can do in the hosting city and very little actually is done.

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 06:39 AM
The problem with events like the Mosconi Cup is that for the promoters like Matchroom, it's really all about the TV coverage. That's where the money is for them and they don't reach out to the local community of where the event is taking place.

Why has no one contacted the Mayor of Las Vegas and the Governor of Nevada to alert them to this significant event? Why not have the Mayor declare an official Las Vegas Pocket Billiards Day, with a ribbon cutting ceremony and all the newspapers in attendance?

There is so much you can do in the hosting city and very little actually is done.
Thank you-
On it now Fran!
:grin:

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 07:16 AM

Town Without Pity for you-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vAyitZPcMo

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
If he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, then he deserves a spot on TEAM USA :D

If he shows up, he'll consider it!
:thumbup:

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 07:49 AM
THIS!

He is a known name, loves the game and is a great commentator.

Joe Rogan has a show the day after Mosconi in Vegas
- I'll lay odds he'll be in the stands.:thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken
11-12-2015, 08:11 AM
whether or not you are a fan of Obama or any other particular politician or celebrity, trying to get a well known person to shine some much-needed spotlight on our sport can only be a good thing, imo.

As long as we're not talking about Hitler or Charles Manson or similar. :eek:

I like Angel's enthusiasm and initiative.

Much better than just sitting around as one pool hall closes after another. :(

best,
brian kc

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 08:25 AM
whether or not you are a fan of Obama or any other particular politician or celebrity, trying to get a well known person to shine some much-needed spotlight on our sport can only be a good thing, imo.

best,
brian kc

Hi Kickin' Chicken,

Make no mistake,
I love pool.
It sounds like quite a general statement- but it's all encompassing.
Thank you for your kind words.

I feel if anyone has found joy while at the table-
it is your job not to just tell someone,
it's your job to tell everyone!

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 08:36 AM
It's meant to be controversial....

This picture was taken at Palace Billiards in Addison, IL. shortly after the IPT Pro-Am.
3 weeks later, the pool room was closed.

Photo by Warren Winter. 2009

ChicagoRJ
11-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Isn't one of them in jail or something, or was that a different one from Illinois? I forget.

Well, we had 2 former Gov's of IL in prison at the same time. One was released recently. The other sits in a Federal prison for at least 6 more years in Colorado.

Mayor Daley was NEVER charged for his many crimes against the people of the city. The city is now bankrupted because of a lot of his dealings, including the "parking meter" deal he pushed on his way out of office. And he now works a high paying "do nothing" job for the law firm that "brokered" that BILLION DOLLAR deal.

Chicago may be known as the second city, but it's Numero Uno in corruption. There is not even a close second right now ;) But Daley is available, I just don't think we could afford him ;) Not to mention that Daley can give Kevin Trudeau the ORANGE FUGGIN CRUSH in sneaky, low down dirty scams.

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 03:15 PM
so what is so wrong about asking the president to attend? regardless of politics, its a media draw to the event. other than mark (and well wishers), i haven't seen any straight forward comments other than to criticize the effort. if there is some other idea, put it out.

Thank you full-splice, butterfly creator!

No one has stepped up and answered whenever I've asked- crickets...& nits.
feh-

LAMas
11-12-2015, 04:00 PM
It's meant to be controversial....

This picture was taken at Palace Billiards in Addison, IL. shortly after the IPT Pro-Am.
3 weeks later, the pool room was closed.

Photo by Warren Winter. 2009

Is that you? why the video cam?

j_zippel
11-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Joe Rogan has a show the day after Mosconi in Vegas

- I'll lay odds he'll be in the stands.:thumbup:

I guarentee he is, at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PINKLADY
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM

tied to the Diamond stake trying to promote pool?

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 04:49 PM

I grew up with legends of the sport here in Chicago, in the room where Scorsese filmed TCOM-
That's why I could go where most could not with a camera.

I began filming them in 2006, mentoring the young ones in the room,
the passing down of knowledge,
like from father to son.
There was much beauty in it-

At the same time, the final event of the IPT had just gone down,
followed by the collapse after Congress enacted the UIGEA Law, the law that pulled the rug out from internet poker and the blossoming IPT- (except Fantasy)

All of this included Chicago people at the helm, my people and they were dejected.
I went in search of Kevin Trudeau for answers-found him, got them,
camera in hand all the while.

Each answer I got, begged another question, until I found myself traveling across the globe to ask the questions and get the answers.

To show the beauty and the problems faced by the players and the industry.
"Raising the Hustler", my avatar, is the name of the documentary.

This is why the camera.

Because I build with stone, not sand.

PINKLADY
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
FedX, UPS, and other shippers are spreading the word! my boys in dispatch at CA, Miami, Toronto, & Brooklyn terminals are telling all drivers, and the drivers are in turn telling other drivers on the road about Mosconi.

you'd be surprised how much more interested they are in pool, when you mention Obama and Trump. ;)

Smooth
11-12-2015, 05:26 PM
this whole discussion has to be a generational thing.... since when is the public supposed to do what someone else is being paid to do? normally, you would focus your attention on matchroom and the terribly shallow pr campaign they have... but now, the focus is on us, the pool playing public, to carry the water for the sport/event? I get trying to get your family, friends, etc into pool (I do it a lot), but why do I get the feeling that I'm supposed to feel guilty for not promoting the sport and, specifically, the MC to more than that?

are you being paid by matchroom? are you a pool activist?

and on a further note while I'm at it ....

I AM the pool-playing audience that we are after.... if I worked for matchroom, I'd have flyers in every league envelope across North America and Europe for months on end leading up to the event and then monthly "whatever" flyers after that to keep the audience captive.... in other words, we don't need more "audience", we have tens of millions of players playing every week who don't know anything about the pool world that exists outside their bar/room... the pool industry needs to get their act together.... not us

and further, I LOVE the fact that you are putting a long-term passionate effort into your bigger cause.... the fact that I am not a fan of the president has nothing to do with respecting your efforts...

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 05:54 PM
this whole discussion has to be a generational thing.... since when is the public supposed to do what someone else is being paid to do? normally, you would focus your attention on matchroom and the terribly shallow pr campaign they have... but now, the focus is on us, the pool playing public, to carry the water for the sport/event? I get trying to get your family, friends, etc into pool (I do it a lot), but why do I get the feeling that I'm supposed to feel guilty for not promoting the sport and, specifically, the MC to more than that?

are you being paid by matchroom? are you a pool activist?

and on a further note while I'm at it ....

I AM the pool-playing audience that we are after.... if I worked for matchroom, I'd have flyers in every league envelope across North America and Europe for months on end leading up to the event and then monthly "whatever" flyers after that to keep the audience captive.... in other words, we don't need more "audience", we have tens of millions of players playing every week who don't know anything about the pool world that exists outside their bar/room... the pool industry needs to get their act together.... not us

and further, I LOVE the fact that you are putting a long-term passionate effort into your bigger cause.... the fact that I am not a fan of the president has nothing to do with respecting your efforts...

Thank you-
Lol, pool activist? Proponent is a better adjective.

Firstly, no Matchroom is not paying me for this-
Mark Wilson cannot do it all on his own, though he tries.
I asked permission and volunteered my help.

Pretty hard for you to believe anyone would do stuff for free huh?
Pretty hard for me to believe I gotta sit here and defend helping TeamUSA and the effort to elevate pool overall, but I will.

Secondly: This is the grandest stage American players get.
Big picture-
It's a chance for the nation to take notice and get behind a Team!
It happens once every other year on American shores.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point to market to the leagues already in place.
Both the APA and CSI are marketing to their players.

Is it wrong for me to expect to find that there are people who love the game enough to write a letter in a pool forum?

No one makes you feel guilty- if you feel guilt, it may be because you know you have the capacity to make an effort but do not.
I am no one.
My passion is to create a big enough light to shine on the game to the point where we needn't only look outward, but become self-sustaining.

With or without help.
But my preference is with!
I do not forget the people who help.

Chicagoplayer
11-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Angel,

Doubt Obama does much - so ask Trump.

Here are my thoughts - he's got the balls to show up. He needs to know about 35-40 million people play pool in the US - and they cross all walks of citizens.

If it ever did happen - pool could get an audience of millions of viewers over several days - just from the news shows. The exposure would have to be way cool for pool.

The downside is it could be pretty disruptive to the production - because of all the security issues mentioned by NYCdude. I still think the upside is worth the disruption.

Go get it done, Miss Angel. (My .02 cents)

Mark Griffin

Thank you Mark!
Great common sense for .02!!

Smooth
11-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Thank you-
Lol, pool activist? Proponent is a better adjective.

Firstly, no Matchroom is not paying me for this-
Mark Wilson cannot do it all on his own, though he tries.
I asked permission and volunteered my help.

Pretty hard for you to believe anyone would do stuff for free huh?
Pretty hard for me to believe I gotta sit here and defend helping TeamUSA and the effort to elevate pool overall, but I will.

Secondly: This is the grandest stage American players get.
Big picture-
It's a chance for the nation to take notice and get behind a Team!
It happens once every other year on American shores.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point to market to the leagues already in place.
Both the APA and CSI are marketing to their players.

Is it wrong for me to expect to find that there are people who love the game enough to write a letter in a pool forum?

No one makes you feel guilty- if you feel guilt, it may be because you know you have the capacity to make an effort but do not.
I am no one.
My passion is to create a big enough light to shine on the game to the point where we needn't only look outward, but become self-sustaining.

With or without help.
But my preference is with!
I do not forget the people who help.

No guilt here.... I do my part.

You need to stay away from thinking you know what I know or why I think what I think. That is presumptuous.... and disrespectful.

You do what you do.... others do what they do.

I just got the feeling you were trying to pull that guilt string like a puppeteer... or activist... or proponent (?).... gearing a message to an audience that needs to be told what to do.... minions one and all.

I just had to say something.... and I've said enough... carry on.... I'm out.

Chicagoplayer
11-13-2015, 12:41 AM
No guilt here.... I do my part.

You need to stay away from thinking you know what I know or why I think what I think. That is presumptuous.... and disrespectful.

You do what you do.... others do what they do.

I just got the feeling you were trying to pull that guilt string like a puppeteer... or activist... or proponent (?).... gearing a message to an audience that needs to be told what to do.... minions one and all.

I just had to say something.... and I've said enough... carry on.... I'm out.

I believe you are a thinking human being.

I don't know what you do.
I am asking that we, "us" all band together and make one big push for pool-
"us" being the people in this forum,
people who like the game and the people who play it,
and I'm being met with something that's tantamount to "why should I?"

Forget I asked.

chefjeff
11-13-2015, 06:29 AM

best,
brian kc

Charlie hired a just a tiny few to kill a tiny few; politicians use hired guns to kill in the thousands and millions, so we ARE talking about such evils. Look at any list of the "greatest" presidents and those at the top have killed the most.

If you sleep with dogs, don't be surprised when you wake up with fleas.

If this thread doesn't convince you of the problems of using such evil Persons for promoting good stuff, then you're not paying attention.

If you sleep with dogs...

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
11-13-2015, 06:31 AM

Me, too.

Jeff Livingston

Kickin' Chicken
11-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Charlie hired a just a tiny few to kill a tiny few; politicians use hired guns to kill in the thousands and millions, so we ARE talking about such evils. Look at any list of the "greatest" presidents and those at the top have killed the most.

If you sleep with dogs, don't be surprised when you wake up with fleas.

If this thread doesn't convince you of the problems of using such evil Persons for promoting good stuff, then you're not paying attention.

If you sleep with dogs...

Jeff Livingston

To be clear, I do not like Pres Obama. But I do like the idea of a big celeb or politician whose involvement could spark some interest in our sport.

Without getting too political, if it's not too late for that, I have no problem whatsoever with any elected official sending troops to fix problems for the betterment and/or safety of our country.

No need to derail the thread trying to figure out which leaders were right or wrong. NPR section handles that. :wink:

Respectfully,
brian kc

chefjeff
11-13-2015, 07:22 AM
To be clear, I do not like Pres Obama. But I do like the idea of a big celeb or politician whose involvement could spark some interest in our sport.

Without getting too political, if it's not too late for that, I have no problem whatsoever with any elected official sending troops to fix problems for the betterment and/or safety of our country.

No need to derail the thread trying to figure out which leaders were right or wrong. NPR section handles that. :wink:

Respectfully,
brian kc

I'm not doing that. I don't care which "leader" is right or wrong or up or down or left or sideways or anything. I'm simply warning the OP and others who love pool and want to promote it, that his idea has negative consequences because it is political and that ALWAYS creates problems and divisions that were not there before. My point has been and still is: why take that chance?

Pool is too precious and too vulnerable right now to chance that, imho. My opinion in a thread discussing such opinions, that's all.

Jeff Livingston

Kickin' Chicken
11-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm not doing that. I don't care which "leader" is right or wrong or up or down or left or sideways or anything. I'm simply warning the OP and others who love pool and want to promote it, that his idea has negative consequences because it is political and that ALWAYS creates problems and divisions that were not there before. My point has been and still is: why take that chance?

Pool is too precious and too vulnerable right now to chance that, imho. My opinion in a thread discussing such opinions, that's all.

Jeff Livingston

Jeff;

I find myself agreeing with you much of the time but on this, I don't.

I think that if *any* president of the US were to attend Mosconi Cup, that that would be a big net positive.

I can't imagine the general population thinking 'OMG, those pool players are cozy with the president who I don't like, so therefore, I don't like pool.'

best,
brian kc

chefjeff
11-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Jeff;

I find myself agreeing with you much of the time but on this, I don't.

I think that if *any* president of the US were to attend Mosconi Cup, that that would be a big net positive.

I can't imagine the general population thinking 'OMG, those pool players are cozy with the president who I don't like, so therefore, I don't like pool.'

best,
brian kc

I hope you're right and I hope this works to help pool....and as usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Jeff Livingston

Smooth
11-13-2015, 11:45 AM
I believe you are a thinking human being.

I don't know what you do.
I am asking that we, "us" all band together and make one big push for pool-
"us" being the people in this forum,
people who like the game and the people who play it,
and I'm being met with something that's tantamount to "why should I?"

Forget I asked.

don't go there.... quitting is never an option

you are doing what you think you should do... keep on keeping on... just understand the reality that there is no governing body to provide a cohesive effort on the part of the billiard industry to advance the sport, as has been discussed ad nauseum

why not aim higher and create your "team of we" from the major players in the pool world... write a petition urging for a unified, coordinated governing body for USA pool, addressed to all the organizations/individuals that matter, and I will not only sign it, but get every player in every league (national and local) within driving distance to sign it.... multiply THAT out. When you get that many pool players urging them to get their acts together (literally) for the good of the sport, they might see the light ... hell you might even get a decent pro tour out of it.

Of course, compiling a list of the major movers and shakers in the pool world will be the hardest part of that project. Getting them to cooperate will be tough, but if you can get the number of sigs that I think you can, they should listen. That would make for an effective effort in activism.... in my opinion of course. I wish I had the energy to tackle it myself.

I don't know much about the background, but those Fargo ratings are a prime example of a well-executed coordinated effort by someone.

Chicagoplayer
11-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Gutted from this... I watch Paris under siege,

I am done.

Chicagoplayer
11-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Back to action!

"Non, je ne regrette rien!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU

"It is better to die on your feet, than live on
your knees!" -Zapata

www.facebook.com/raisingthehustler

Raising the Hustler
Fans of the pool/billiard documentary "Raising the Hustler"
@raisingthehustl
#raisingthehustler
#pooldocumentary
#poolordie

Artist: Scott Beaderstadt

pt109
11-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Back to action!

"Non, je ne regrette rien!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU

"It is better to die on your feet, than live on
your knees!" -Zapata

www.facebook.com/raisingthehustler

Raising the Hustler
Fans of the pool/billiard documentary "Raising the Hustler"
@raisingthehustl
#raisingthehustler
#pooldocumentary
#poolordie

Artist: Scott Beaderstadt

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Smooth
11-16-2015, 01:52 PM

ISIS.

amirite???

I bit my tongue when you first answered this, as it was obviously a smart-ass remark and this is not npr.

But if you are of a mindset, as I am, that WW3 started many many years ago along religious/ideological "borders", not national borders.... and you view the potus actions through that lens, then I dare say that, yes, umayberite!!

History will not be kind to him.

Prayers to Paris.

Chicagoplayer
01-01-2016, 06:41 PM

That being said-

Lay it on me

-CP

The White House DID respond to my email- wasn't the answer I wanted but,
it WAS an answer!

Dear Angel
Thank you for contacting the White House with a scheduling request for President Obama.
President Obama values each and every invitation he receives. However, the constraints of his schedule and the volume of requests are such that the majority of requests must be declined. It is with sincere regret that the President will be unable to accommodate your request.
Thank you for your interest in including the President in your plans. We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,
The White House Office of Appointments and Scheduling

Please note that for each inquiry or invitation, the White House Office of Appointments and Scheduling considers not only the stated request but also the possibility of additional forms of Presidential or White House involvement.

This includes, but is not limited to, greetings, messages, proclamations, videos, and the attendance of the First Lady, the Vice President, Dr. Jill Biden, or White House staff at an event or meeting.
Replies to this email regarding additional or alternative requests or reconsideration cannot be answered.
The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. • Washington, D.C. 20500 • 202-456-1111

chefjeff
01-02-2016, 06:44 AM
The White House DID respond to my email- wasn't the answer I wanted but,
it WAS an answer!

Dear Angel
Thank you for contacting the White House with a scheduling request for President Obama.
President Obama values each and every invitation he receives. However, (snip)

Make sure and wash your hands.

Jeff Livingston