PDA

View Full Version : Is this forum losing members, or losing interest?

justinb386
07-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Do you think that this forum is losing members, or less and less people that come here care to post comments (replies) on the threads that get created?

I am just curious, because I see a lot of views on many threads, but not many members replying to the threads (compared to the amount of people who viewed the thread).

Are people just uninterested in replying to a thread, or are they too scared to post their thoughts on topics that made them at least interested enough to view the thread that they clicked on to read?

I also see threads that are many days old, but only on like the 2nd page (that tells me that the main forum is kind of dead).

What do you think?

Why are there not more topics being posted, and why are only the same group of known members (not sure how many that is) only replying to most of the threads?

Is this forum community really that small?

Thanks for any thoughts about this.

Black-Balled
07-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Yes and no, always.

BmoreMoney
07-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Not sure what you're REALLY asking but here is my take - Summer is slow for obvious reasons. Some got tired of them bickering. Many are " afraid " of posting. MANY HAVE MOVED TO FB. It is what it is " KID ".

BmoreMoney
07-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Yes and no, always.

Master, how did you ever get so wise????? It was Eric Moron wasn't it!!!!!

Tramp Steamer
07-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Not sure what you're REALLY asking but here is my take - Summer is slow for obvious reasons. Some got tired of them bickering. Many are " afraid " of posting. MANY HAVE MOVED TO FB. It is what it is " KID ".

The bickering, as you put it, is not a reason. Hell, we've been spitting in each others porridge since Hecktor was a pup. It's part of the rich tradition we all enjoy.
Two things come to mind. FlakeBook, as you mentioned is one.The other, in my opinion, is that today's young people are less inclined to spend the time it takes to become a pool player. Look around your local pool room and see how many teen players are present. Few, if any.
Once us old guys are gone, who's gonna fill dem shoes? :smile:

justinb386
07-09-2016, 08:05 PM

Lol, only those that really knew me as a kid should be calling me "Kid". You can just call me Wonder Bread, or Boy Wonder, lol.

I understand what you are saying. Not many tournaments go on during the summer either (unless they are in Florida). Thanks.

justinb386
07-09-2016, 08:14 PM
The bickering, as you put it, is not a reason. Hell, we've been spitting in each others porridge since Hecktor was a pup. It's part of the rich tradition we all enjoy.
Two things come to mind. FlakeBook, as you mentioned is one.The other, in my opinion, is that today's young people are less inclined to spend the time it takes to become a pool player. Look around your local pool room and see how many teen players are present. Few, if any.

Yeah, I see very few young people playing pool (not even just for fun, and very few playing pool seriously) within the last 10 years (around the area's that I have lived). The leagues are filled with nothing but older guys too (very few that look to be in their 20's, from what I have seen). Louisville KY has around a million people in the metro area, and the pool scene here seems very dead to me. There are tournaments at Bank Shot downtown, but I think they rarely get more then 10 players in them. I went to their 9 ball tournament a few weeks back, and 5 players entered. It is really sad. I think the main reason is because there is no added money though (it is just not worth anyones time to play). People have much better things to do with their time.

Seneca Steve
07-09-2016, 08:39 PM
There are zero interesting threads

12squared
07-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Why don't you buy Bob Byrne's home personal table? http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=430491

realkingcobra
07-09-2016, 10:02 PM

I agree with that 100%!!!

HawaiianEye
07-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Do you think that this forum is losing members, or less and less people that come here care to post comments (replies) on the threads that get created?

I am just curious, because I see a lot of views on many threads, but not many members replying to the threads (compared to the amount of people who viewed the thread).

Are people just uninterested in replying to a thread, or are they too scared to post their thoughts on topics that made them at least interested enough to view the thread that they clicked on to read?

I also see threads that are many days old, but only on like the 2nd page (that tells me that the main forum is kind of dead).

What do you think?

Why are there not more topics being posted, and why are only the same group of known members (not sure how many that is) only replying to most of the threads?

Lots of people read online newspaper that have a comments section, yet 99% of the people reading the articles do not put comments.

Just because someone opens a thread that may have a somewhat interesting title doesn't mean they actually read it.

The title of the thread is what drives the interest...like a news article.

Zhero
07-09-2016, 10:10 PM
The forum hasn't been updated visual-vise for a long time.. there was a small makeover to the front page but the forum was left untouched. AZ probably don't have a professional designer to do the job, and is relying on volunteering work; I don't blame them but yea, the forum isn't keeping up with the time. Forums are 90's and 2000's product, people are generally going away from these across all boards.

No interesting topics to be discussed on, when something does come up it just becomes a useless debate, nothing ever gets resolved and nobody will change their minds.

The subs are also scattered..I would suggest we just merge everything and rely on using flairs to categorize post. I can see a separate wanted/sale section but if you want more traffic from this site, we need to combine all of the subs.

Personally I use reddit/fb for 90% of the pool related stuff, I come back to AZ from time to time but I always end up wondering why I was here, because it's the same old thing every time.

Perhaps people don't like changes, we have an older generation of pool players here, and also people who have been here for a long time (thinking 10+ years), but times are changing and I think it's time AZB take a closer look at how to attract more traffic and drive up its business.

billiardthought
07-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Losing interest in your posts, Justin.

BmoreMoney
07-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Tramp yes, bickering is absolutely part of it, one way or their other. Most don't have them stomach we have. It is what it is once again.
Lol, only those that really knew me as a kid should be calling me "Kid". You can just call me Wonder Bread, or Boy Wonder, lol. KID, just so you know -- Internet is one thing of course, but if we were ever to meet in a pool room I would call u what the hell ever I felt like and you would smile and say YES SIR. just saying. But since I am the one that put "wonder XXL " out there you will now be known as wonder boy. Notice I did not capitalize - u will have to earn that.

I understand what you are saying. Not many tournaments go on during the summer either (unless they are in Florida). Thanks.

Puke in my mouth every post you think about. You are the worst poster ever on this site. YUP.

BmoreMoney
07-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Lol, only those that really knew me as a kid should be calling me "Kid". You can just call me Wonder Bread, or Boy Wonder, lol.

Justin you get your own. Trust me KID, While the Internet is one thing , if we were in a pool hall together you would be called what the hell ever I thought funniest at the time . Don't KID yourself.

Dunnn51
07-09-2016, 11:43 PM

How right you are my friend. Played a local tournament the other day, was all the regulars and NOONE under 40 yrs old !! :eek:

Ak Guy
07-10-2016, 01:23 AM
Pool is not a big time sport in America and is only interesting to those of us that like playing it or make money from it some how.

I am surprised there is even a forum to discuss pool on. I don't reply to threads for a few reasons.

1. Nothing of interest to add.

2. Don't know enough about the subject to contribute.

3. Don't want to be involved in discussions that for some reason evolve into nasty, petty, immature and cowardly discussions.

There ya have it! I love playing pool!

Bavafongoul
07-10-2016, 01:46 AM
Even the action on interesting cues for sale is dying........and the Cue Gallery is becoming an elephant's graveyard of sorts.

I browse hoping to see something interesting but gosh, it's just not the same anymore. The ivory ban has ruined it for me.

Oh well, I still get to enjoy what I own & browsing is losing its appeal since I have the funds for a few more custom cues.

I have a new design in mind that's the most challenging version I've concocted but it won't get made because of the ban.

If Bob reads my post, he's breathing a sigh of relief thinking to himself......"Thank goodness.......the last one near killed me."

BmoreMoney
07-10-2016, 02:05 AM
Even the action on interesting cues for sale is dying........and the Cue Gallery is becoming an elephant's graveyard of sorts.

I browse hoping to see something interesting but gosh, it's just not the same anymore. The ivory ban has ruined it for me.

Oh well, I still get to enjoy what I own & browsing is losing its appeal since I have the funds for a few more custom cues.

I have a new design in mind that's the most challenging version I've concocted but it won't get made because of the ban.

If Bob reads my post, he's breathing a sigh of relief thinking to himself......"Thank goodness.......the last one near killed me."
I'll help , maybe . Dick. Elephant killers . Nope don't care. Carry on.

JAM
07-10-2016, 02:30 AM
Billiards Digest used to have a very active forum, but it went by the wayside, so to speak. Less and less people posted there, I think. Many of them came here to AzBilliards. Some posted in both places. They used to have a very strong group of regulars at Billiards Digest forum. Every Open, they'd get together and have dinner and play pool. It was an annual event for the BD regulars.

The bickering here, believe it or not, is what kept some people posting here on a regular basis. Some likes to flex their anonymity muscles and take potshots at pros and members here. There were also some pool enthusiasts who enjoyed hanging out here every single day, contributing pool-worthy tidbits. The flame threads were the ones that grew the fastest for some reason. Even though many of them were ugly and mean-spirited, those threads were read more than the pool-related threads.

Facebook most definitely has gained in popularity with pool peeps. My industry forums are like a ghost town now. All of my industry comrades post on FB groups, some of which are closed. That's where we all meet now to talk about work-related stuff.

I think AzBilliards will always be a stop on everybody's pool-related reading material. I love the front page news to catch up on what's happening around the world, but I do find out behind-the-scene details on Facebook about those happenings, just like I used to find out behind-the-scene details here on AzBilliards forum,

One thing for sure, I'll betcha the moderator's job in recent times has not been as -- what's the word? -- burdensome. :grin-square:

336Robin
07-10-2016, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I see very few young people playing pool (not even just for fun, and very few playing pool seriously) within the last 10 years (around the area's that I have lived). The leagues are filled with nothing but older guys too (very few that look to be in their 20's, from what I have seen). Louisville KY has around a million people in the metro area, and the pool scene here seems very dead to me. There are tournaments at Bank Shot downtown, but I think they rarely get more then 10 players in them. I went to their 9 ball tournament a few weeks back, and 5 players entered. It is really sad. I think the main reason is because there is no added money though (it is just not worth anyones time to play). People have much better things to do with their time.

If this is the case then they shouldn't play, you cant build a business on the backs of pool players and you really cant afford to add money to pots for them. They don't spend much money back in return and you don't get customer base back for your efforts.

Diogenes
07-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Since you asked... This is my first post/reply in over 2 months and only my 4th in 2016.

I've been visiting AZB for well over 10 years (I'm guessing) and finally became a member about 4 years ago.
Up until about a year or so ago, I was practically a daily visitor to AZB... mostly in the mornings during coffee. My postings started to drop off first about 2 years ago.

A few months ago, I also thought about the "what and the why's" that I only poke my head into AZB about once a week or less, and only for a few minutes most of those times. I reflected back to when "The Billiard Channel" first showed up on Roku. I was hooked (for awhile). I found it entertaining to watch challenging matches and such... while being somewhat annoyed by the barrage of repeating commercials. Then I grew disinterested because there was rarely anything "new and fresh" about it anymore.
I realized that AZB (after over a decade) was now having that exact same effect on me. Mostly the SOS and all too often (in a major election year) people are wanting to drift away from billiards to play "kick the can-dadate" in the "Main Forum"... NPR has definitely sprung a leak.
It just seems to me that there used to be more meat to this site (pool related) to hold my attention. Now I can catch up about once a week in a matter of minutes and be on my way. And now I look at this thread that finally caused me to post again, and I see what catches my attention the most around here.
To me, AZB has become that old favorite pool hall that I once couldn't stay away from. Lots of action, fast level tables, with smooth clean Simonis cloth. Then it seemed that the tables weren't being cleaned or well kept, there were beer stains and holes in the cloth, and it just wasn't the same ol' place. The atmosphere had grown a bit stale.
So, I've found more comfortable places to spend my time, just like a new favorite poolroom (no not Faceless Book either)... but I still visit to that ol' hangout occasionally, hoping someday to find it restored back to the comfortable shoes that used to fit so well in my life.
Even with all of the sideline bickering on AZB from several years ago, we all shot together on the same tables here, sharing the same love for the sport and basically living it together.
There's an old saying... "If it ain't broke don't fix it". But that's not the case with billiards today and so it bleeds into AZB. By many measures it is fractured all to hell. Most pool halls have closed or become drinking hangouts with tables on the side. AZB is victim to that fallout and there may not be a fix for what is broken here... without driving even more people away.

See you all in about a week or so... and hire someone to vacuum the DAMN tables around here. I like clean hands when I shoot.

Lesh
07-10-2016, 07:05 AM

Lesh

whammo57
07-10-2016, 07:08 AM
Yes it is losing interest and members...........

I always post ans and help anyone that asks for it.

I used to post cues that I make but when I post picturew of a nice cue that has 4 points with veneers and inlays in the butt............ I get 1 or 2 comments .......... then I see someone that has posted a plain jane or a sneaky pete and they get 30 comments along with oooooo and aaaaaahaaa....... I lose interest....

Over the past years i have seen nasty assholes that are self proclaimed experts in cue building ........... criticize methods used by me and other cue builders.

And then their nut huggers looking for a pat on the head from the "expert" chime in with nonsense about how right he is....... and most of them don't even build cues...........

Why would I continue to contribute????

I go elsewhere...........

Kim

336Robin
07-10-2016, 07:08 AM
In my opinion Pool has almost made the perfect circle.

The circle is a cycle of birth and death and I think its ready for its rebirth to occur.

I think everything that could be tried to resurrect Pro Pool has been tried and failed or at least languished so when all other options fail what do you do?

You give thanks for the Amateur League Systems and take the time to expose kids to Pool.

People are greedy for a great part so they don't see how getting kids into Pool benefits them personally and that's absolutely true but.....Industry People just might.

I know there is the BEF and other things but that's not in every neighborhood. If a pool hall is going to make it, it will not be able to count on the uninvolved regular everyday player.

They are going to have to cater to the Pool League Player in some way. Those players have children.

If you want to be in the Pool business, youre going to have to go where there are people who want to do business with you.

Since you asked... This is my first post/reply in over 2 months and only my 4th in 2016.

I've been visiting AZB for well over 10 years (I'm guessing) and finally became a member about 4 years ago.
Up until about a year or so ago, I was practically a daily visitor to AZB... mostly in the mornings during coffee. My postings started to drop off first about 2 years ago.

A few months ago, I also thought about the "what and the why's" that I only poke my head into AZB about once a week or less, and only for a few minutes most of those times. I reflected back to when "The Billiard Channel" first showed up on Roku. I was hooked (for awhile). I found it entertaining to watch challenging matches and such... while being somewhat annoyed by the barrage of repeating commercials. Then I grew disinterested because there was rarely anything "new and fresh" about it anymore.
I realized that AZB (after over a decade) was now having that exact same effect on me. Mostly the SOS and all too often (in a major election year) people are wanting to drift away from billiards to play "kick the can-dadate" in the "Main Forum"... NPR has definitely sprung a leak.
It just seems to me that there used to be more meat to this site (pool related) to hold my attention. Now I can catch up about once a week in a matter of minutes and be on my way. And now I look at this thread that finally caused me to post again, and I see what catches my attention the most around here.
To me, AZB has become that old favorite pool hall that I once couldn't stay away from. Lots of action, fast level tables, with smooth clean Simonis cloth. Then it seemed that the tables weren't being cleaned or well kept, there were beer stains and holes in the cloth, and it just wasn't the same ol' place. The atmosphere had grown a bit stale.
So, I've found more comfortable places to spend my time, just like a new favorite poolroom (no not Faceless Book either)... but I still visit to that ol' hangout occasionally, hoping someday to find it restored back to the comfortable shoes that used to fit so well in my life.
Even with all of the sideline bickering on AZB from several years ago, we all shot together on the same tables here, sharing the same love for the sport and basically living it together.
There's an old saying... "If it ain't broke don't fix it". But that's not the case with billiards today and so it bleeds into AZB. By many measures it is fractured all to hell. Most pool halls have closed or become drinking hangouts with tables on the side. AZB is victim to that fallout and there may not be a fix for what is broken here... without driving even more people away.

See you all in about a week or so... and hire someone to vacuum the DAMN tables around here. I like clean hands when I shoot.

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 07:10 AM

That was pretty well said, Diogenes.
Just for the folks out there in radio land, the original Diogenes was a cynic who would carry around a lamp in the daytime, claiming to be looking for and honest man. Since I am an honest man I can tell you that I got that information from Wikipedia.
Never-the-less, you make some good points, and welcome aboard, again. :smile:

john coloccia
07-10-2016, 07:17 AM
Much of the good advice and conversations I've had from this site have been via PM, e-mail and phone, and I'm very grateful to the guys that have taken the time to help me out. Lots of guys don't like posting anymore because of the jerks that just like crapping on everything.

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 07:22 AM

I used to post cues that I make but when I post picturew of a nice cue that has 4 points with veneers and inlays in the butt............ I get 1 or 2 comments .......... then I see someone that has posted a plain jane or a sneaky pete and they get 30 comments along with oooooo and aaaaaahaaa....... I lose interest....
Over the past years i have seen nasty assholes that are self proclaimed experts in cue building ........... criticize methods used by me and other cue builders.
And then their nut huggers looking for a pat on the head from the "expert" chime in with nonsense about how right he is....... and most of them don't even build cues...........
Kim

Kim, when you would post a picture of one the cues you had made, weren't you looking for a pat on the head, too? Just wondering.
I have posted stories on this place that I thought were pure gold, but never got a whisper. At other times I have thrown out a one-liner and got greenies out the ying-yang. There's just no way a person can truly figure this place out. It is what it is. :)

mortuarymike-nv
07-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Kim

Hi Kim

I only wish I could make a cue that looks as good as the ones you make ......
Over the years I have learned allot from allot from people in Ask the cue maker .
section..

I very much liked the threads you did on the UV finish .

Because of you and other members I enjoy the freedom of making my own cues..

I have struggled with different finishes for years.
Because of you and others I don't as much .
To new to say I got it figured all out but you have helped me...

Thanks for not giving up on me.

Scott Lee
07-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Many of them started by the same people...:rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee
07-10-2016, 08:24 AM
whammo57...That is some beautiful cue work! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

Kim

larry732
07-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Just check they wanted-for sale, the first four threads I looked had either no pictures or no price. Now I go to facebook when I am looking or browsing.

whammo57
07-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Hi Kim

I only wish I could make a cue that looks as good as the ones you make ......
Over the years I have learned allot from allot from people in Ask the cue maker .
section..

I very much liked the threads you did on the UV finish .

Because of you and other members I enjoy the freedom of making my own cues..

I have struggled with different finishes for years.
Because of you and others I don't as much .
To new to say I got it figured all out but you have helped me...

Thanks for not giving up on me.

I too have learned a lot from ask the cue maker.......... on this forum............. I will continue to offer any wanted help to anyone............. I am in my 6th year of building cues and I still search for more to learn and experience...............

thanks for the kind words

Kim

JoeyA
07-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Much of the good advice and conversations I've had from this site have been via PM, e-mail and phone, and I'm very grateful to the guys that have taken the time to help me out. Lots of guys don't like posting anymore because of the jerks that just like crapping on everything.

You would think that some of the people on this forum would try and help others coming down the road without making them feel un-wanted.

I think that some of the "jerks" as you call them have been muzzled fairly well and they have slacked up on their posting. Maybe that's why some feel the forum has declined in interesting posts. ;)

Summer is a slow time, with people enjoying the weather and a chance to soak up some much needed Vitamin D.

JoeyA

Mark Griffin
07-10-2016, 10:40 AM
I refrain from posting very often because of the constant negative posts and posters.

I do read AZB most days, but usually don't respond.

There is a difference between discussing a topic, disagreeing on a topic, and being mean, nasty and spiteful .

Most of the time, the few ruin it for the many.

Mark griffin

JoeyA
07-10-2016, 10:40 AM
I too have learned a lot from ask the cue maker.......... on this forum............. I will continue to offer any wanted help to anyone............. I am in my 6th year of building cues and I still search for more to learn and experience...............

thanks for the kind words

Kim

Kim,
If the cue in your photo is indicative of your work, you have LOTS OF POTENTIAL, especially if you have only been building cues for 6 years.

JoeyA

HawaiianEye
07-10-2016, 10:57 AM
I refrain from posting very often because of the constant negative posts and posters.

There is a difference between discussing a topic, disagreeing on a topic, and being mean, nasty and spiteful .

Mark griffin

Aloha Mark,

When is your new place opening in Vegas? I want to go check it out.

9Ballr
07-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Here is a sample of some of the silly questions Justin B has asked....
Obviously this guy likes to dream up questions and try to make each thread as long as possible.
He loves it.
It's about the attention......I guess.

----------
Is this forum losing members, or losing interest?

The highest end (most expensive) Meucci cue ever made?

Pool halls and weekly tournaments in Winston Salem NC?

Who are the greatest players who you have ever seen, who had an ugly looking stroke?

If you wanted a lesson, by gambling with any player in the world, who would it be?

Is it true that many pool rooms offer free table time to league players?

Why are SE (South East) cues so rarely available for sale?

I wonder why so few members or lurkers visit the WTB section.

Have you ever transitioned from a long pro taper to a short stiff tapered shaft?

How is the pool scene in Wichita Kansas?

How well known are Omen cues made by Pete Ohman compared to other cue makers?
-------------

For more silly questions by Justin B go here:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=17848443

I just copied a few from just the FIRST page of all his threads.

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I forgot to mention earlier. That is a damn good looking cue you have there. :)

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Here is a sample of some of the silly questions Justin B has asked....
Obviously this guy likes to dream up questions and try to make each thread as long as possible.
He loves it.
It's about the attention......I guess.
For more silly questions by Justin B go here:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=17848443

Tell me something, 9Ballr, your signature at the bottom of your profile says, "Shall NOT be infringed. OK?" Exactly what do you mean by infringement? Is it free speech?
If it's free speech then your infringing the hell out of Justin's, or at the least impugning the hell out of it.
Don't forget. This is a forum.

9Ballr
07-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Tell me something, 9Ballr, your signature at the bottom of your profile says, "Shall NOT be infringed. OK?" Exactly what do you mean by infringement? Is it free speech?
If it's free speech then your infringing the hell out of Justin's, or at the least impugning the hell out of it.
Don't forget. This is a forum.

What........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah........

What a mess you must be........... This is amazing......

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 12:43 PM
What........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah........

What a mess you must be........... This is amazing......

That's what I thought. :)

john coloccia
07-10-2016, 01:05 PM
You would think that some of the people on this forum would try and help others coming down the road without making them feel un-wanted.

I think that some of the "jerks" as you call them have been muzzled fairly well and they have slacked up on their posting. Maybe that's why some feel the forum has declined in interesting posts. ;)

Summer is a slow time, with people enjoying the weather and a chance to soak up some much needed Vitamin D.

JoeyA

It's better now. I lurked from time to time even though I just joined recently. I think a lot of guys just got tired of the bickering just for trying to help people out. Like I said, I'm very grateful to the guys that have helped, and generally have made me feel welcome. :)

JB Cases
07-10-2016, 04:44 PM

What do you think?

Losing active members..... yes.

Losing interest......definitely.

The climate soured so much that many of the best posters are more active on FB now.

I very rarely think to check AZB anymore. My thoughts are the same as they have been for years...when a climate is allowed where the best posters and industry members are able to be attacked and trolled then those members eventually give up and leave. And when they leave so does the good and knowledgeable content.

Sure there are some good posters left. But as you see the amount of conversation has dwindled considerably.

9Ballr
07-10-2016, 06:33 PM
That's what I thought. :)

Dear Lord........!

u12armresl
07-10-2016, 07:22 PM
That's funny. We walked into Bankshot and had more games than we could actually play. And an offer to go cross town and play more after BS closed up.

justinb386
07-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Lots of people read online newspaper that have a comments section, yet 99% of the people reading the articles do not put comments.

Just because someone opens a thread that may have a somewhat interesting title doesn't mean they actually read it.

The title of the thread is what drives the interest...like a news article.

I do not know about others, but I would not open a thread, if I did not plan to read it.

justinb386
07-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Puke in my mouth every post you think about. You are the worst poster ever on this site.

Really? The worst poster ever on this site? Are you sure about that?

justinb386
07-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Justin you get your own. Trust me KID, While the Internet is one thing , if we were in a pool hall together you would be called what the hell ever I thought funniest at the time . Don't KID yourself.

Well, at least people in the pool hall keep their thoughts to themselves . Most people in pool halls are pretty cool, and nice to me (despite what ever funny things they might think about me). At least I do not ever have to know what they are thinking in their minds.

justinb386
07-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Pool is not a big time sport in America and is only interesting to those of us that like playing it or make money from it some how.

I am surprised there is even a forum to discuss pool on. I don't reply to threads for a few reasons.

3. Don't want to be involved in discussions that for some reason evolve into nasty, petty, immature and cowardly discussions.

Good reply. I completely understand.

Johnny Rosato
07-10-2016, 08:10 PM

You replied to this one...

arps
07-10-2016, 09:00 PM
maybe because people create threads too much, instead of updating existing threads. i've noticed this a lot of times. one good example is last year's US Open. there was like 20+ pages about it. really redundant.

Tramp Steamer
07-10-2016, 09:13 PM
maybe because people create threads too much, instead of updating existing threads. i've noticed this a lot of times. one good example is last year's US Open. there was like 20+ pages about it. really redundant.

Redundancy is the life blood of this place, the life blood of this place. :smile:

actionplayer
07-10-2016, 11:28 PM

What do you think?

think its the same with the national issues in the US

people say teh facts and other get offended therfore nobody bothers interacting anymore

#alllivesmatter

Mark Griffin
07-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Hoping for September 1st. More info coming to our website!
Www.Griffslv.com.

Employment application can be filled out on that site. Looking for all positions. Want strong management team.

Mark Griffin

Aloha Mark,

When is your new place opening in Vegas? I want to go check it out.

Moet.1977
07-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Justin 1 reason is its summer another reason is theirs a couple A+ players that show up and about always
win the tournament so alot of people don't bother coming to the tournaments in the summer.
Also they might not add money but it's a 100% pay back they keep nothing all the money paid in to the tournament goes back to the players.

You would know all this if you actually came in and played some pool and got to know the people their, theirs alot of great people that come in their.
Also theirs action in their every day , but you would no this if you can in and supported the local room instead you like to talk crap about it. You just don't no what the hell your talking about once again.
This is all related to post 48 sorry members I didn't link it together

Moet.1977
07-11-2016, 06:09 AM
Losing active members..... yes.

Losing interest......definitely.

The climate soured so much that many of the best posters are more active on FB now.

I very rarely think to check AZB anymore. My thoughts are the same as they have been for years...when a climate is allowed where the best posters and industry members are able to be attacked and trolled then those members eventually give up and leave. And when they leave so does the good and knowledgeable content.

Sure there are some good posters left. But as you see the amount of conversation has dwindled considerably.

Wow I mean wow I'm lost for words

JB Cases
07-11-2016, 07:09 AM

You mean you are at a loss for words. Understandable, the truth is sometimes shocking.

Let me assume for a moment why you are shocked into not being able to grasp enough words for a response. You likely think I contributed to the toxic climate that I refer to. You would be right. I vigorously defend myself when attacked and in a space where attacks are allowed to flourish I lay waste to my attackers with all the words available to me.

For you see I am never at a loss for words, I simply prefer a place where I don't have to use them for assertive defense from malicious and trolling attacks.

And that place is wherever I either control the ability to shut down such trolls or the moderators are highly proactive in keeping the board free of such people.

When it is not that way then I, and many others, prefer not to hang out there often or at all.

lfigueroa
07-11-2016, 08:39 AM

I shall translate what John is trying to say:

I am an "industry member" and therefore should be allowed to say all the stupid ca-ca I want without being challenged. Anyone who disagrees with me should be immediately banned by the moderators. But they allow posters who don't know as much as I do (in John's case that would be everyone) to disagree with me which I consider to be trolling. People attack me. Wah. Wah. Wah.

Lou Figueroa

ceebee
07-11-2016, 09:09 AM
The forum used to be a great go-to place for info about how to play Pool. I did enjoy that & I did learn from that too.

Today a post might be about the color of someone's shirt or who made the jeans that some players wear.

It might about a player's attitude towards one of our better players.

I like the forum & there are nuggets to be found. The other stuff just has to be sifted through. I do appreciate the fact that someone worked very hard to give us Pool Players a forum for about POOL...

I too think the "For Sale" section needs rework. I have a cue for sale, but I can't even find it...

Good Luck to all.

chefjeff
07-11-2016, 09:12 AM
nothing ever gets resolved and nobody will change their minds.

(snip business advice).

This is NOT true. Plenty of us, perhaps all, have changed our minds about certain subjects here. Also, many things get resolved, maybe not inside any one thread, but certainly in the bigger picture of pool, because of threads here.

I hear this "nobody change their minds" (sic) all the time, yet the evidence of it being wrong is quite visible if one merely looks for it. I've been pm many times from posters saying that I have helped them change their minds on certain subjects or they took certain actions based on a suggestion I made. Multiply that by the thousands here and there ya go.;)

Jeff Livingston

john coloccia
07-11-2016, 09:16 AM
This is NOT true. Plenty of us, perhaps all, have changed our minds about certain subjects here. Also, many things get resolved, maybe not inside any one thread, but certainly in the bigger picture of pool, because of threads here.

I hear this "nobody change their minds" (sic) all the time, yet the evidence of it being wrong is quite visible if one merely looks for it. I've been pm many times from posters saying that I have helped them change their minds on certain subjects or they took certain actions based on a suggestion I made. Multiply that by the thousands here and there ya go.;)

Jeff Livingston

I change my mind all the time based on what I read here and elsewhere.

chefjeff
07-11-2016, 09:33 AM
I change my mind all the time based on what I read here and elsewhere.

Good for you. An open mind that expands is usually a good thing.

I've met many people and pros only because of this site. Being older, I know that the times before the net were extremely limited because of costs, in terms of knowledge and experience and relationships. Now the only limit on getting value from azb is one's thinking and acting, and that can be changed this minute.

You're new here so you are still in the azb learning curve, so to speak. Enjoy it and get as much out of it as you can while you can, is my advice. Who know what the future holds?

Jeff Livingston

SJDinPHX
07-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Learning to express yourself without pissing off 95% of the reader's is the main sticking point IMO!..It requires a certain amount of tact, diplomacy and self-deprecating humor..This is an art form, never quite understood by John Barton, and several others of his ilk! :rolleyes:

PS..I have tried to perfect my insults to reflect my feelings, without most of my 'targets' even knowing I'm talking about them..(above post excepted of course :grin:)

pt109
07-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Good for you. An open mind that expands is usually a good thing.

I've met many people and pros only because of this site. Being older, I know that the times before the net were extremely limited because of costs, in terms of knowledge and experience and relationships. Now the only limit on getting value from azb is one's thinking and acting, and that can be changed this minute.

You're new here so you are still in the azb learning curve, so to speak. Enjoy it and get as much out of it as you can while you can, is my advice. Who know what the future holds?

Jeff Livingston

I agree with you, Jeff....I have became enlightened many times on AZ...
....did a few 180s.

I feel that people that always think the glass is half empty will not find any forum satisfying.
there are a lot of good things here...if all one finds is crap....
....maybe the problem lies within.

BTW, did you finally change home States?

Black-Balled
07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
67.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

chefjeff
07-11-2016, 10:34 AM
I agree with you, Jeff....I have became enlightened many times on AZ...
....did a few 180s.

I feel that people that always think the glass is half empty will not find any forum satisfying.
there are a lot of good things here...if all one finds is crap....
....maybe the problem lies within.

BTW, did you finally change home States?

No, I changed races:

http://realitycooking.contentquake.com/files/2008/11/chef-jeff.jpg

Or should I say, I now identify as black...err colored, no, Af Am...nah, white?....no no no....I know....Human. I know identify myself as human....and I gotta pee. Which door is for humans???

Jeff Livingston

Keith E.
07-11-2016, 10:49 AM

What do you think?

I personally check for the OP, title, etc. before I open a thread. The ones that are (normally) guaranteed to not be viewed or commented on by me are driven by the aforementioned qualifiers of OP & title. I can (again, normally) save myself some time because of the post having at least one of the following qualities:

Not interesting
Some older member peeing and moaning
Some newer member peeing and moaning
Someone trying to add to their post count
Someone saying something to generate a bunch of views
I don't feel the need to comment on everything that I read
I hope that the more silly/useless/etc. posts will die if no one stirs them

Keith

Flip_dat_Quarta
07-11-2016, 11:07 AM
I used to post much more on here when I was first up and coming as a player (under a different username). I thought this forum would be filled with many semi-pro speed players whose brains I would like to pick on certain subjects.

I quickly realized that most of the people on here aren't very good players to begin with. In fact, most of them are very closed minded retirees that are just bored and want someone to talk to.

For every 1 good informative reply, you will have at least 15 responses that make you want to pull your hair out. It's too easy to get caught up in that mess.

I still start a thread here and there to contribute but for the most part I try not to fan the fire.

JB Cases
07-11-2016, 04:40 PM
I shall translate what John is trying to say:

I am an "industry member" and therefore should be allowed to say all the stupid ca-ca I want without being challenged. Anyone who disagrees with me should be immediately banned by the moderators. But they allow posters who don't know as much as I do (in John's case that would be everyone) to disagree with me which I consider to be trolling. People attack me. Wah. Wah. Wah.

Lou Figueroa

Nope, as usual you have not understood a thing about what I was saying.

(interlude, you can come to OKC and play one pocket for $20,000 ten ahead)

But let's take YOUR behavior for example. You have constantly engaged in name calling, defamation, slander, and harassment of many members and been ALLOWED to get away with it.

ALLOWED. You have been chastised publicly a very few times over in the past seven years or so.

Anyone can go through your past posts and see how you have perpetrated that trolling behavior. Behavior that would have gotten you booted from many groups I participate in. But on here you have been allowed to constantly display trolling behavior.

It is because of people like you and worse than you that people like me don't bother to hang out here much. So what you really mean is that YOU WANT the ability to harass anyone you choose with no constraint and those targets should simply suck it up.

I have never asked for ANY special privilege because of my status as an industry member. I don't want protection from harassment because of being an industry member I want protection from harassment for everyone which would THEN make it a nice space for industry members and professional players.

But the fact is that low level amateurs like you have used this forum to troll and harass and thus run off those who actually do have the type of knowledge that the members of this forum could benefit from. And it is knowledge that people DO benefit from but not here....instead on Facebook because there they have more control to protect themselves from trolls.

You see Lou, you can disagree without being an odious troll who defames. I participate in discussion on many forums where we have civil disagreements. But YOU revel in being defamatory and insulting. So when you're allowed to do that with no censure people get tired of dealing with you.

If you want to make a bet on whether I am right or not we can bet $1000 and let a fully independent researcher got through your past posts and see if you haven't been active in behavior that can be defined as trolling and harassment. Any time you're ready to bet we can arrange it and if I lose I will never characterize your behavior this way again.

You have the mouth, do you have the heart to back it up?

JB Cases
07-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Learning to express yourself without pissing off 95% of the reader's is the main sticking point IMO!..It requires a certain amount of tact, diplomacy and self-deprecating humor..This is an art form, never quite understood by John Barton, and several others of his ilk! :rolleyes:

PS..I have tried to perfect my insults to reflect my feelings, without most of my 'targets' even knowing I'm talking about them..(above post excepted of course :grin:)

In a self-deprecating dick measuring contest I am positive mine is the shortest.

JB Cases
07-11-2016, 05:07 PM
For example this type of comment should not exist. It should be the norm that consumers could expect to get qualified answers from those who are intimately familiar with the subject instead of the exception. Because of the climate members are surprised to get answers from industry members.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=5604861#post5604861

That some of you don't understand what the attraction would be if this forum were a hub where consumers and amateurs could interact with professional players and industry professionals peacefully is quite sad in my opinion. Even the most altruistic person loses interest when a toxic environment is allowed to exist. And to be clear a toxic environment is when toxic people are allowed to pervade a forum.

On my forum where we have 20,000 members we have a "be cool" rule. If you're not cool by virtue of being constantly annoying to the rest of the membership you're gone. You are invited to take your toxicity anywhere else. Many members here who are not cool have been banned by our membership for this reason.

AtLarge
07-11-2016, 05:52 PM
... I have a cue for sale, but I can't even find it ...

This one, perchance: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=414206

blusteel
07-11-2016, 06:04 PM
No, I changed races:

http://realitycooking.contentquake.com/files/2008/11/chef-jeff.jpg

Or should I say, I now identify as black...err colored, no, Af Am...nah, white?....no no no....I know....Human. I know identify myself as human....and I gotta pee. Which door is for humans???

Jeff Livingston

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:
You two get a gold star (or should be banned).

lfigueroa
07-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Nope, as usual you have not understood a thing about what I was saying.

(interlude, you can come to OKC and play one pocket for $20,000 ten ahead)

But let's take YOUR behavior for example. You have constantly engaged in name calling, defamation, slander, and harassment of many members and been ALLOWED to get away with it.

ALLOWED. You have been chastised publicly a very few times over in the past seven years or so.

Anyone can go through your past posts and see how you have perpetrated that trolling behavior. Behavior that would have gotten you booted from many groups I participate in. But on here you have been allowed to constantly display trolling behavior.

It is because of people like you and worse than you that people like me don't bother to hang out here much. So what you really mean is that YOU WANT the ability to harass anyone you choose with no constraint and those targets should simply suck it up.

I have never asked for ANY special privilege because of my status as an industry member. I don't want protection from harassment because of being an industry member I want protection from harassment for everyone which would THEN make it a nice space for industry members and professional players.

But the fact is that low level amateurs like you have used this forum to troll and harass and thus run off those who actually do have the type of knowledge that the members of this forum could benefit from. And it is knowledge that people DO benefit from but not here....instead on Facebook because there they have more control to protect themselves from trolls.

You see Lou, you can disagree without being an odious troll who defames. I participate in discussion on many forums where we have civil disagreements. But YOU revel in being defamatory and insulting. So when you're allowed to do that with no censure people get tired of dealing with you.

If you want to make a bet on whether I am right or not we can bet $1000 and let a fully independent researcher got through your past posts and see if you haven't been active in behavior that can be defined as trolling and harassment. Any time you're ready to bet we can arrange it and if I lose I will never characterize your behavior this way again.

You have the mouth, do you have the heart to back it up?

Translation: I am a loser and I hate it when anyone points that out. (Insert additional abundant and typical JB whining AND a stupid bet.)

Lou Figueroa

Z-Nole
07-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Losing members?? Probably. Losing interest?? Not really. The interest for many has shifted to old men trying to find new and clever ways to call each other dickheads. A few of you really have a talent for it, and sometimes I get a chuckle out of it and think, ok, he's definitely the tallest midget today! But every once in awhile even these guys pull out a gem like an old story or something I haven't seen before which makes it worth sifting thru the crap like above.

And the funny pic thread is just hilarious.

JB Cases
07-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Translation: I am a loser and I hate it when anyone points that out. (Insert additional abundant and typical JB whining AND a stupid bet.)

Lou Figueroa

One more example of name calling and ad hominem attacks common to trolls. And another example of your lack of heart to back up your mouth.

Ok, fine you got me, my $2000 to your $500. Surely you can dredge up $500 worth of "heart" to fire it at a neutral analysis of your posting behavior.

Maybe you need to make some phone calls and arrange a group of backers?

Or maybe on this one the backers know you are straight up booking a loser and wouldn't bet a quarter on you.......

billiardthought
07-11-2016, 10:29 PM
One more example of name calling and ad hominem attacks common to trolls. And another example of your lack of heart to back up your mouth.

Ok, fine you got me, my $2000 to your $500. Surely you can dredge up $500 worth of "heart" to fire it at a neutral analysis of your posting behavior.

Or maybe on this one the backers know you are straight up booking a loser and wouldn't bet a quarter on you.......

I miss the days when you still lived in China and had internet problems. Heck I miss the days you purposefully forget to check AZB.

justinb386
07-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Justin 1 reason is its summer another reason is theirs a couple A+ players that show up and about always
win the tournament so alot of people don't bother coming to the tournaments in the summer.
Also they might not add money but it's a 100% pay back they keep nothing all the money paid in to the tournament goes back to the players.

You would know all this if you actually came in and played some pool and got to know the people their, theirs alot of great people that come in their.
Also theirs action in their every day , but you would no this if you can in and supported the local room instead you like to talk crap about it. You just don't no what the hell your talking about once again.
This is all related to post 48 sorry members I didn't link it together

I did not mean to say anything bad about Bank Shot (other then the impression that I get, from not seeing anything going on, when ever I visit the place). It is a really nice pool room (love the tables). Yeah, you make a good point about the tournaments (it is because everyone plays even, without any spots). Maybe the tournament would get a much better turn out if it was a handi capped tournament (like an A ranked player would need to give a C ranked player the 7, 8, and the breaks, for example). Then there might be better tournaments, but you are right, in the summer, probably not. I do know that handi capped tournaments get really good turn outs though, if they are run fairly. It is nice of Bank Shot to give 100$ of the money back (they are not taking any money out for green fees, or for their time to run the tournaments).

lfigueroa
07-12-2016, 07:28 AM

John, calling you "a loser" is not an ad hominem attack. It is just a factual statement.

Lou: 1
John: 0

Lou: + $10,000
John: - $10,000

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-12-2016, 07:29 AM
I miss the days when you still lived in China and had internet problems. Heck I miss the days you purposefully forget to check AZB.

lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-12-2016, 07:33 AM
I did not mean to say anything bad about Bank Shot (other then the impression that I get, from not seeing anything going on, when ever I visit the place). It is a really nice pool room (love the tables). Yeah, you make a good point about the tournaments (it is because everyone plays even, without any spots). Maybe the tournament would get a much better turn out if it was a handi capped tournament (like an A ranked player would need to give a C ranked player the 7, 8, and the breaks, for example). Then there might be better tournaments, but you are right, in the summer, probably not. I do know that handi capped tournaments get really good turn outs though, if they are run fairly. It is nice of Bank Shot to give 100$ of the money back (they are not taking any money out for green fees, or for their time to run the tournaments).

I haven't played there in several years but when I was traveling I stopped into The Bank Shot many times and always got a game. One guy I played and beat out of a few even gave me his business card and said he enjoyed playing and to let him know anytime I was in town looking for a game. Nice room.

Lou Figueroa

Lesh
07-12-2016, 08:08 AM
John, calling you "a loser" is not an ad hominem attack. It is just a factual statement.

Lou Figueroa

See, this is why I love pool players. Pragmatic, demonstrative, direct.

Lou Figueroa for President.
He can run on the Felt Ticket.
China's got the 8

Lesh

AzHousePro
07-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Lou, we get it. You don't like JB.

Once again, though, it is you who are starting up the attacks with him.

This needs to stop. I don't know how many times this has to be said.

ceebee
07-12-2016, 10:30 AM
This one, perchance: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=414206

I was trying to be funny... but thanks

JoeyA
07-12-2016, 10:40 AM
How long does a muzzle last?

JoeyA

Tramp Steamer
07-12-2016, 11:55 AM
JoeyA

You know, if you don't play pool for awhile you tend to lose muzzle memory, and your stroke goes to hell in a hand basket. :wink:

blusteel
07-12-2016, 12:01 PM
You know, if you don't play pool for awhile you tend to lose muzzle memory, and your stroke goes to hell in a hand basket. :wink:

You just brought this thread full circle. :rotflmao1::bow-down:

JoeyA
07-12-2016, 01:36 PM

:D:D:D
JoeyA

Z-Nole
07-12-2016, 02:14 PM

Perfect example of a gem coming out of some schmuck acting like a putz. Nice work.

philly
07-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Perfect example of a gem coming out of some schmuck acting like a putz. Nice work.

You got Tramp pegged totally wrong. You don't know what you are talking about do you?

pt109
07-12-2016, 02:30 PM

JoeyA

Tramp aint a bad guy....and he's filthy rich....
...I think if you PMed him for a loan....he would be happy to help you financially....

.....then you could go on EBay......and buy a sense of humor.

philly
07-12-2016, 02:39 PM
...I think if you PMed him for a loan....he would be happy to help you financially....

Tried to send you a greenie for that one but had to spread em around .

Tramp Steamer
07-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks, guys.

Z-gnome, you caught me on a good day so I'm gonna let that one pass with some words of advice.
Learn to play One Pocket. You'll feel better about yourself if you do.

RiverCity
07-12-2016, 02:44 PM

Or at least a big bottle of Summers Eve....... :thumbup:

bubbaandthem
07-12-2016, 02:55 PM

Mark griffin

I believe that pretty well sums it up

lfigueroa
07-12-2016, 03:24 PM

It can also lead to the occasional muzzle spasm :-o

Lou Figueroa

smashmouth
07-12-2016, 03:52 PM
too many old timers here

I don't believe most people here understand life in 2016

If you're over 50, and you think you're not part of that group, post up and I'll tell you why you're part of the problem

Moet.1977
07-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Or at least a big bottle of Summers Eve....... :thumbup:

Now that's funny, pretty witty Chuck.

justadub
07-12-2016, 07:50 PM
too many old timers here

If you're over 50, and you think you're not part of that group, post up and I'll tell you why you're part of the problem

Oh hell, someone has to do it, I'll bite.

Being over 50, why am I part of the problem? And that part about explaining life in 2016..... go ahead, I have time. Not as much as you, since I'm so old, of course

Cuebuddy
07-12-2016, 07:53 PM

Being over 50, why am I part of the problem? And that part about explaining life in 2016..... go ahead, I have time. Not as much as you, since I'm so old, of course

You don't look old....now that Lobster your making out with looks old:p

ribdoner
07-12-2016, 08:12 PM

if you show me your tits i'll have my great, great, great grandson get you up to speed

pt109
07-12-2016, 08:44 PM
too many old timers here

Life in 2016. Smash?
if you can explain life in ANY year, you'll be the first man in history.

..the closest answer anybody ever came up with was '42'

jay helfert
07-13-2016, 12:08 AM
too many old timers here

Damn, I thought this was 1986, when men were men and dogs hated cats. What's this world coming to?

Tramp Steamer
07-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Damn, I thought this was 1986, when men were men and dogs hated cats. What's this world coming to?

Just like this thread, Jay. An end. :)

RiverCity
07-13-2016, 12:57 AM
Just like this thread, Jay. An end. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFDXeKOPo_E

;):thumbup:

Eric.
07-13-2016, 05:29 AM

"When men were men (and women weren't).... Get it right, Jay! ;)

Eric

Fast Lenny
07-13-2016, 06:18 AM
This forum is great. I am sure Facebook has taken away some but I still check this place out daily. I love the Cue Gallery and Action Room. :thumbup:

Z-Nole
07-13-2016, 07:16 AM
Thanks, guys.

Z-gnome, you caught me on a good day so I'm gonna let that one pass with some words of advice.
Learn to play One Pocket. You'll feel better about yourself if you do.

I think you misunderstood...due to my poor writing...I meant the problem was that Lou guy constantly bashing the case maker. It gets old. Your one liner about the muzzle was the gem. No offense to you intended.

I'm not as good as any of you guys, but I do play a little one pocket when it doesn't interfere with my fishing.

JoeyA
07-13-2016, 07:56 AM
I think you misunderstood...due to my poor writing...I meant the problem was that Lou guy constantly bashing the case maker. It gets old. Your one liner about the muzzle was the gem. No offense to you intended.

I'm not as good as any of you guys, but I do play a little one pocket when it doesn't interfere with my fishing.

It appears that you see things quite clearly. So, I think I can say that you don't have a vision problem. ;-)

Fishing and One Pocket are two of my most favorite pastimes. :yeah:

JoeyA

Tramp Steamer
07-13-2016, 08:58 AM

Well said.
Mine are guns and One Pocket. :smile:

blusteel
07-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Well said.
Mine are guns and One Pocket. :smile:

If I ever piss you off, I'll opt for the guns. ;)

A positive thing about this thread, is that it has brought out many who have not posted in awhile. It is good to see who is still alive and kicking, as well as their sense of humor which has been sorely missed.

Your previous post should be nominated for Post of the Year.

pt109
07-13-2016, 02:52 PM
It appears that you see things quite clearly. So, I think I can say that you don't have a vision problem. ;-)

JoeyA

You know your vision is bad.....when your eyes won't leave your glasses...

SPetty
07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
MANY HAVE MOVED TO FB. I have been resisting FB for a number of reasons, but I have created a "fake" account to try to figure it out. How is FB anything like this forum? This forum has input from worldwide people chiming in on a ton of topics with the ability to search back for years of responses. On FB, I can join a group and see posts fly by, but how does that help me in the same way that the forums do? I can't figure out how to see a post that flew by a week ago or how to even find it. Can anyone point me toward a "how to use FB" type of tutorial that would make me understand what is meant by "many have moved to FB"? I can't believe there is the wealth of diverse information easily available on FB as there is here...

Poolplaya9
07-13-2016, 08:43 PM
This forum is superior to facebook in every single way but one. And even in that one way only some people see facebook as being superior and others actually see it as just another drawback like all the rest.

And that one way that facebook is better in some people's minds is that you have control over who has access to read or respond to your posts. Essentially you can censor people at your will and get rid of anyone you don't like or agree with or anyone that disagrees with you.

While this certainly has its usefulness, in my opinion it is mostly preferred and used by the people who are afraid of being challenged on something because they are afraid of looking stupid if they are ever caught lying or being wrong. Being able to get rid of trolls isn't the main draw. It is being able to remove anyone that disagrees with you or will call you out when you are lying that is the main draw. They want to be in a place where the only people that can read or respond to what they write are the "yes men" that treat everything they say as gospel and who will never disagree with them (and where you can just get rid of the ones who do). This is one of the reasons why the pros for the most part are only on facebook, so they only have to deal with the "yes men" who will never disagree with them even when they tell an untruth or are wrong about something.

Being able to block who you want does have some benefits when it comes to getting rid of those that never have valuable input and are always just trolling, but those people really are few and far between if we are honest with ourselves (and those type people end up getting blocked on this forum too). The main reason people like facebook though is not for that ability to remove trolls that never have any decent input, but because they can keep out those that disagree with them. Of course few are going to admit that but it is the truth none the less. Pretty weak IMO.

For all the downfalls of having to deal with some idiots, a forum such as this where things for the most part can be debated openly and without much censorship is far superior. It leads to better more honest information and discussion. Not to mention the access to old threads and ability to search etc is much superior. But if you like to be in the land of the "yes men" instead of a place with open and honest discussion where people can and will disagree and debate, then facebook would definitely be the place for you.

Scott Lee
07-13-2016, 10:12 PM
I agree with SPetty! We've been on pool discussion forums together for the better part of 2 decades, and it's been a very pleasant experience overall. Although I have a FB presence (and a thousand friends), how to use it effectively is mostly a mystery to me. I don't spend a ton of time on the forums (and even less time on FB) but I try to keep fairly current on what I think are interesting or important threads. :D

Good to see you posting again SPetty...give my regards to Leroy! We'll have to get together the next time I come your way! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

I have been resisting FB for a number of reasons, but I have created a "fake" account to try to figure it out. How is FB anything like this forum? This forum has input from worldwide people chiming in on a ton of topics with the ability to search back for years of responses. On FB, I can join a group and see posts fly by, but how does that help me in the same way that the forums do? I can't figure out how to see a post that flew by a week ago or how to even find it. Can anyone point me toward a "how to use FB" type of tutorial that would make me understand what is meant by "many have moved to FB"? I can't believe there is the wealth of diverse information easily available on FB as there is here...

LAMas
07-13-2016, 10:23 PM
I have learned a lot about aiming and politics here on AZ and when you understand and remember what you learned, you have less to ask and proffer.

There is a lot of good info here but finding those old golden nuggets takes time away from playing Pokeyman GO. Maybe AZ needs a pool table app?

BmoreMoney
07-13-2016, 10:30 PM
As to the question about " many areasons on FB now ", well they have almost a billion users for one. Many, many " pool people " to include most pros, all the folks that sell any kind of pool related items ( these days if you have any kind of business it is a necessity to be on FB ), fans, action people and on and on. I too resisted FB up until fairly recently as well. There are MANY things I do not like about FB, both practical and concept but Imo it is the reality we now live in.

I love AZB and am obviously active both there and here. If I were to have to choose only one or the other for strictly pool I think I would pick AZB. But nowadays so many things ( links for one along with about a million other things ) are only available to FB users or having to go thru a lot of BS to access.

Another feature that's in its infacy is Facebook Live. I believe that can and will grow exponentially and at this point I don't know exactly how but I believe in the not too distant future pretty much all pool streams will end up going thru there - in one form or another. For at least a decade now they are gradually moving even our regular TV programming to be had from the Internet and we will Def see that in our lifetime. As far as the streams all FB has to do is figure out how to efficiently monetize it and that will be all she wrote for the pool streams as we know them now.

cueandcushion
07-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Drastic drop since it's heyday. Too many keyboard warriors that want to get into arguments just for arguments sake. I used to post daily. This is my third visit this year.

LAMas
07-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Drastic drop since it's heyday. Too many keyboard warriors that want to get into arguments just for arguments sake. I used to post daily. This is my third visit this year.

You have been missed. I have learned to not respond to negative posts...low self esteem or wisdom?

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 12:26 AM

When I was in China I was on AZB every day. Now that I am here in the USA I have other things to do......and AZB doesn't have the same appeal now that most of the really good posters are gone or have severely cut down their posting.

What I don't miss are the anon trollios - like people who use names like billiardmind and such and are never held accountable for their actions.

Lou Figueroa

Come to OKC and play for $20,000. 10 ahead - one pocket. We have played 18 games of one pocket and it's dead even. Yes you won a single race 9-6 and had to divide the 10k 17 ways. So it's the group +10k with your part being about 2k or so???

Now your group could win 20k more but........when ya got no heart ya got no start.

Most of OKC would back you and put you up in a 5 star hotel if you're playing me. They know I can't beat an APA 2 playing one pocket. You don't even have to have any heart....just don't be a total nit and scared of getting the dead nuts.

I will spell it out for you Twenty Thousand Dollars. Ten Ahead. One Pocket. It's ok if you're scared. You were scared before and you're scared now. Everyone in the country knows you're scared. Even your backers are ashamed of how afraid you are.

justinb386
07-14-2016, 01:59 AM

Lou Figueroa

Tell me, what is the meaning of the word "Loser"? Is the word even in the dictionary? I do not know, but I do not think it is. It is just a word that mean and nasty people use to put down another person. Calling anyone a "loser" is just wrong in my mind. What is the purpose of calling a person that name? Do you use the word to try to hurt that person, or to try to make yourself feel better (or both)? After reading this, I am betting a lot of you guys will now insult me in some way, or make fun of me. Why act this way? A forum should be a place to discuss things in nice and friendly ways (without using nastiness and negative name calling).

justinb386
07-14-2016, 02:12 AM
I haven't played there in several years but when I was traveling I stopped into The Bank Shot many times and always got a game. One guy I played and beat out of a few even gave me his business card and said he enjoyed playing and to let him know anytime I was in town looking for a game. Nice room.

Lou Figueroa

Yeah, it is a very nice pool hall, and I imagine that any player that stops in there looking for a game will find one. There are always guys hanging out in there (probably just waiting for a guy to come in looking for a game). I just never stay long enough to see any action going on. I do see a lot of 1 pocket games every time I stop in, but have never seen any good 9 ball games going on. I am not really a big fan of 1 pocket (even though I know it is a great game). I would much rather watch a good 9 ball match (or even 8 ball). I wish I knew of good times to go there to see some good action going on. I am relocating to a much closer location (Germantown), so will be able to visit Bank Shot much more often. They have the best rates in town too for pool (only $4 per hour).

Fenwick
07-14-2016, 02:56 AM

Don't take the kid comment personal. It's the internet. I was schooled by someone who made a comment about something that struck a nerve. I now know it doesn't really matter.

So how many times do I have to reply to what cue should I buy? What tip should I use. Etc., etc., etc. That's like asking do I look fat in these pants or should I buy these shoes. How the heck do I know.
"Is this forum losing members, or losing interest?" No and yes. We just IMO lose interest in answering questions we've heard 100 or 1,000 times.

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:21 AM

The "Lou guy" took months of bashing from the case maker and *never said a word.* I waited until the match was done and the money won. If I take the occasional shot now and then, blame it on five months of abuse. As another poster once said: after all the months of insults John made, Lou could insult him every day and not catch up for years.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:23 AM
This forum is superior to facebook in every single way but one. And even in that one way only some people see facebook as being superior and others actually see it as just another drawback like all the rest.

And that one way that facebook is better in some people's minds is that you have control over who has access to read or respond to your posts. Essentially you can censor people at your will and get rid of anyone you don't like or agree with or anyone that disagrees with you.

While this certainly has its usefulness, in my opinion it is mostly preferred and used by the people who are afraid of being challenged on something because they are afraid of looking stupid if they are ever caught lying or being wrong. Being able to get rid of trolls isn't the main draw. It is being able to remove anyone that disagrees with you or will call you out when you are lying that is the main draw. They want to be in a place where the only people that can read or respond to what they write are the "yes men" that treat everything they say as gospel and who will never disagree with them (and where you can just get rid of the ones who do). This is one of the reasons why the pros for the most part are only on facebook, so they only have to deal with the "yes men" who will never disagree with them even when they tell an untruth or are wrong about something.

Being able to block who you want does have some benefits when it comes to getting rid of those that never have valuable input and are always just trolling, but those people really are few and far between if we are honest with ourselves (and those type people end up getting blocked on this forum too). The main reason people like facebook though is not for that ability to remove trolls that never have any decent input, but because they can keep out those that disagree with them. Of course few are going to admit that but it is the truth none the less. Pretty weak IMO.

For all the downfalls of having to deal with some idiots, a forum such as this where things for the most part can be debated openly and without much censorship is far superior. It leads to better more honest information and discussion. Not to mention the access to old threads and ability to search etc is much superior. But if you like to be in the land of the "yes men" instead of a place with open and honest discussion where people can and will disagree and debate, then facebook would definitely be the place for you.

I think you've summed it up nicely.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:29 AM
When I was in China I was on AZB every day. Now that I am here in the USA I have other things to do......and AZB doesn't have the same appeal now that most of the really good posters are gone or have severely cut down their posting.

What I don't miss are the anon trollios - like people who use names like billiardmind and such and are never held accountable for their actions.

Come to OKC and play for $20,000. 10 ahead - one pocket. We have played 18 games of one pocket and it's dead even. Yes you won a single race 9-6 and had to divide the 10k 17 ways. So it's the group +10k with your part being about 2k or so???

Now your group could win 20k more but........when ya got no heart ya got no start.

Most of OKC would back you and put you up in a 5 star hotel if you're playing me. They know I can't beat an APA 2 playing one pocket. You don't even have to have any heart....just don't be a total nit and scared of getting the dead nuts.

I will spell it out for you Twenty Thousand Dollars. Ten Ahead. One Pocket. It's ok if you're scared. You were scared before and you're scared now. Everyone in the country knows you're scared. Even your backers are ashamed of how afraid you are.

John, you are familiar with the famous Albert Einstein quote about doing the same thing over and over, right? I ask because you keep making the same proffer, which I have said will never happen and others have pointed out only proves you don't really want to play.

As I've said previously, I'm having knee and foot problems and I ain't getting any younger. The window on our ever playing again is closing and that's OK by me because frankly, I have nothing to prove. You, on the other hand... ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:34 AM
Tell me, what is the meaning of the word "Loser"? Is the word even in the dictionary? I do not know, but I do not think it is. It is just a word that mean and nasty people use to put down another person. Calling anyone a "loser" is just wrong in my mind. What is the purpose of calling a person that name? Do you use the word to try to hurt that person, or to try to make yourself feel better (or both)? After reading this, I am betting a lot of you guys will now insult me in some way, or make fun of me. Why act this way? A forum should be a place to discuss things in nice and friendly ways (without using nastiness and negative name calling).

Since you asked: "loser" has special meaning to John -- for months here John referred to me as "Louser." Get it? It was John's clever attempt at word play on my name. I was Louser this, Louser that, and he referred to my backer as "the fluffer" corp. That wasn't the worst of it but to get back to your question, I thought the loser reference would strike a special chord with John, since I now have his money. It's the old saying about revenge, a dish best eaten cold.

Lou Figueroa
this post was not to attack John
merely to answer justinb

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 09:09 AM
Since you asked: "loser" has special meaning to John -- for months here John referred to me as "Louser." Get it? It was John's clever attempt at word play on my name. I was Louser this, Louser that, and he referred to my backer as "the fluffer" corp. That wasn't the worst of it but to get back to your question, I thought the loser reference would strike a special chord with John, since I now have his money. It's the old saying about revenge, a dish best eaten cold.

Lou Figueroa
this post was not to attack John
merely to answer justinb

It is still Louser. You won't bet ten cents that a big dog can whip a little dog unless you have a corporation backing you. You won't even bet it if you have backers.

You beat me 9:6 with me playing the worst pool of my life. I practically spotted you half the set.

Now you're scared to play again.

You don't have my money. You have YOUR money. What small part of the bet that you got that is. It took a group of people to drag you to the table. $9400 of my money was posted and when it was posted it wasn't my money any more. $600 was in the pot by a couple folks who wanted to be part of it.

You won.....great for you....Helen Keller could have beaten me as badly as I played. I am surprised you didn't win 9:0. You are supposed to be a great player and you struggled to beat a donkey.

Now, to repeat I will play you one pocket in Oklahoma City for $20,000....ten ahead.

And since you're scared I will sweeten the pot for you. You get 9:8 on my breaks.

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 09:10 AM
John, you are familiar with the famous Albert Einstein quote about doing the same thing over and over, right? I ask because you keep making the same proffer, which I have said will never happen and others have pointed out only proves you don't really want to play.

As I've said previously, I'm having knee and foot problems and I ain't getting any younger. The window on our ever playing again is closing and that's OK by me because frankly, I have nothing to prove. You, on the other hand... ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Make all the excuses you want.

Z-Nole
07-14-2016, 09:33 AM
The "Lou guy" took months of bashing from the case maker and *never said a word.* I waited until the match was done and the money won. If I take the occasional shot now and then, blame it on five months of abuse. As another poster once said: after all the months of insults John made, Lou could insult him every day and not catch up for years.

Lou Figueroa

I have no idea who started it because I don't have the time nor do I enjoy reading all of that negative stuff, but it's pretty clear you guys don't get along. I guess I think differently, because if I had taken all the abuse you speak of prior to the match, taking the money and then silence would be better than retaliation. Far better. And chances are that would get me another match. I saw a good bit of the match. It's the only time I've seen either one of you play so my opinion means less than nothing, but I think the case maker would have to play his best game to win in the long run. So that means not only does he make a hell of a case but he has the balls to put his money where his mouth is.

At the end of the day both you and the case maker have a good bit to offer a pool forum. From what I've read it seems you've been around the pool industry quite awhile and are a gifted writer. Good stuff. Case maker seems to do a great job supporting his family in this industry and is a resource to anyone who asks. More good stuff. So if you two want to to keep going after then divide into teams and go for it. But as I tell my kids way to often you don't have to likes a person, but disrespecting someone is a reflection of you not them.

Back to lurking. Right after I go on eBay. I hear they sell a sence of humor over there. Can't remember who said it, but someone here is loaded and willing to loan me money to buy one.

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 09:34 AM

Lou Figueroa

um, BS, absolute and total cow dung and not even high grade at that. You have YEARS - YEARS BEYOND YEARS of insults and provocations that you have perpetrated.

What started it all between us was YOUR insulting and bashing over aiming systems on Rec.Sport.Billiards.

And when we came to AZB, I was here before you by the way, I left you ALONE when you were continuing to bash others because we had shaken hands at a DCC and agreed to be cool.

But you couldn't let it go and had to start in on me here as well. I didn't know you at all all until you attacked me way back then on RSB.

So please, you can try and "rewrite" history but the fact is that it's all on record as to who is the instigator and attacker here and that's you and has always been you.

blusteel
07-14-2016, 02:57 PM
The OP should now have his answer.

ROB.M
07-14-2016, 03:14 PM
um, BS, absolute and total cow dung and not even high grade at that. You have YEARS - YEARS BEYOND YEARS of insults and provocations that you have perpetrated.

What started it all between us was YOUR insulting and bashing over aiming systems on Rec.Sport.Billiards.

And when we came to AZB, I was here before you by the way, I left you ALONE when you were continuing to bash others because we had shaken hands at a DCC and agreed to be cool.

But you couldn't let it go and had to start in on me here as well. I didn't know you at all all until you attacked me way back then on RSB.

So please, you can try and "rewrite" history but the fact is that it's all on record as to who is the instigator and attacker here and that's you and has always been you.

-
I don't post or read as much anymore because of the nonsense and ppl giving the worst advise I'd ever heard anyone give online and really claim to know what they are talking about.

Now to be off subject-
JB VS LOU
How did all of this shit get started...?
I've been wondering this for a long time. Now I know.

Lou started it all..

Now Lou is trying to duck saying his knees or wrists are giving him issues....
Every pool player has a excuse... Welcome to pool...
Wait a minute... Did John say he was giving up a spot even after he's lost 10k to Lou...
Lou better get his knee,wrist and whatever support/wrap braces he can find and stop ducking/stalling..

Rob.M

ribdoner
07-14-2016, 04:37 PM
-
I don't post or read as much anymore because of the nonsense and ppl giving the worst advise I'd ever heard anyone give online and really claim to know what they are talking about.

Now to be off subject-
JB VS LOU

Lou started it all..

Wait a minute... Did John say he was giving up a spot even after he's lost 10k to Lou...
Lou better get his knee,wrist and whatever support/wrap braces he can find and stop ducking/stalling..

Rob.M

He needs more weight

RiverCity
07-14-2016, 05:01 PM
The OP should now have his answer.
:thumbup:

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:25 PM
It is still Louser. You won't bet ten cents that a big dog can whip a little dog unless you have a corporation backing you. You won't even bet it if you have backers.

You beat me 9:6 with me playing the worst pool of my life. I practically spotted you half the set.

Now you're scared to play again.

You don't have my money. You have YOUR money. What small part of the bet that you got that is. It took a group of people to drag you to the table. $9400 of my money was posted and when it was posted it wasn't my money any more. $600 was in the pot by a couple folks who wanted to be part of it.

You won.....great for you....Helen Keller could have beaten me as badly as I played. I am surprised you didn't win 9:0. You are supposed to be a great player and you struggled to beat a donkey.

Now, to repeat I will play you one pocket in Oklahoma City for $20,000....ten ahead.

And since you're scared I will sweeten the pot for you. You get 9:8 on my breaks.

lol, none of that matters. Still:

Lou:1
John: a big fat ZERO

Lou Figueroa
knows that drives
John batshit :-)

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:26 PM
I have no idea who started it because I don't have the time nor do I enjoy reading all of that negative stuff, but it's pretty clear you guys don't get along. I guess I think differently, because if I had taken all the abuse you speak of prior to the match, taking the money and then silence would be better than retaliation. Far better. And chances are that would get me another match. I saw a good bit of the match. It's the only time I've seen either one of you play so my opinion means less than nothing, but I think the case maker would have to play his best game to win in the long run. So that means not only does he make a hell of a case but he has the balls to put his money where his mouth is.

At the end of the day both you and the case maker have a good bit to offer a pool forum. From what I've read it seems you've been around the pool industry quite awhile and are a gifted writer. Good stuff. Case maker seems to do a great job supporting his family in this industry and is a resource to anyone who asks. More good stuff. So if you two want to to keep going after then divide into teams and go for it. But as I tell my kids way to often you don't have to likes a person, but disrespecting someone is a reflection of you not them.

Back to lurking. Right after I go on eBay. I hear they sell a sence of humor over there. Can't remember who said it, but someone here is loaded and willing to loan me money to buy one.

Don't forget the Summer's Eve :-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:30 PM

oh come on, John. You were a wild man back on RSB too. Including the time you sent me an email that used a common four letter word as a verb, adjective, and noun in one short, pity sentence, as in: "F*** you, you f***ing, f***."

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:31 PM
-

Now to be off subject-
JB VS LOU

Lou started it all..

Rob.M

lol.

Lou Figueroa
holdin' out for
10-5 and the break

lfigueroa
07-14-2016, 05:32 PM
He needs more weight

10-4?

Lou Figueroa

BmoreMoney
07-14-2016, 06:24 PM
10-4?

Lou Figueroa

Think he asked for 10-4 or 10-5 from me or something crazy like that. I'd like to believe he was not being serious though. HOWEVER, I would actually entertain trying that with HEAVY odds on the money by the game!

Z-Nole
07-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Don't forget the Summer's Eve :-)

Lou Figueroa

What is that?

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
oh come on, John. You were a wild man back on RSB too. Including the time you sent me an email that used a common four letter word as a verb, adjective, and noun in one short, pity sentence, as in: "F*** you, you f***ing, f***."

Lou Figueroa

Only AFTER you started in on me. AFTER.....not before....and then when we had a drink together at DCC we agreed to let it all be water under the bridge and I held up my end long after you got to AZB. Even when you started up again with the snide remarks and the insults I tried to be cool and joke with you but you could not have that.

Some people are simply beyond redemption. As much as I believe that most people have some good in them....I think you have very little that is good in you.

Oh, I think you have some....a few people have come forward and said you have done right by them....but when it comes to online pool discussion you have to be the alpha male "only I know how to get good at pool" type who won't even entertain for a second that anyone else anywhere could possibly come up with a different way to approach the game that has any validity if you didn't already know about and approve of it.

That's the basic problem of "Lou" and pool forums. The other problem is the fact that you embellish your pool stories quite liberally. You blend fiction and fact and twist them until you are likely convinced in your mind that what you are saying is only fact. And no, this isn't just about things you have said about me or the John/Lou dynamic....many others have had to call you out on your "perspective" of events where you wove a beautifully written but ultimately false narrative of events with you as the central character.

You are a good player. A hundred ball runner is respectable. I looked at our match and you play well and have a very nice stroke. That said you're still a super nobody in pool just like me and you ultimately don't know any more about how to play and how to become a good player than I or anyone else our speed does. Therefore your defamatory attacks on others throughout the years simply because they wanted to explore other methods of approaching the game has been despicable.

Where you could have been a force for good and someone who could have lent experience towards finding common ground you instead chose to be antagonistic and defamatory while putting yourself on a pedestal. As you admitted you enjoy the verbal jousting and where would the fun be in agreement. Unlike you I am NOT interested in argument and I am NOT interested in defaming people to get a rise out of them. I am interested in learning more about this wonderful game and finding common ground with everyone who spends time studying it.

Anything that detracts from that stalls progress and worse puts it in reverse. You have unfortunately been a willful obstacle to discovery and learning by trolling for arguments. Now, with most of the targets of your derision gone you can hold court over those left and impress the new members with your word craft.

As a former government public relations officer you are fully aware of the power of words to the right audience at the right moment. When no one speaks up in dissent a well crafted message is taken as gospel. Some of us however are still here, we remember how it really was, and I personally will not let you "spin" the message without challenge whenever I happen to catch you telling a "story".

JB Cases
07-14-2016, 10:33 PM
lol, none of that matters. Still:

Lou:1
John: a big fat ZERO

Lou Figueroa
knows that drives
John batshit :-)

Um, no. The best advice I got right before the match regarding the money was this: "when the money is posted forget it, it is gone. Just focus on the game and play the best you can" - said to me by a bonafide CHAMPION.

So when the 10k was posted, it WAS gone. I put that money into play and had I won I would have doubled it and losing it means that money that didn't hurt was spent.

Yes, it was a lot of money. Yes I felt some pressure about the amount despite the advice given (by a man who has literally bet millions on pool during his career). But the money isn't anything but a memory. I'd offer to play you for $100,000 if I had it to bet freely with.

What drives me batshit is that I could have beaten you easily and I dogged it on my mental game, worse than I even realized it. I should have scheduled it for a different time and been mentally and physically ready. I don't care that you won the match, you could not stop yourself from winning the match when I pretty much spotted you half the set. I am more upset at myself than anything and not at all upset with you and your hustling crew. It took a team of you to jerk me around for five months and it paid off as I was entirely predictable spending too much time on here and not enough on the table.

The game count between us stands at 10-8 lifetime. We have played 18 games of one pocket and you, the hundred ball runner, are just two games ahead of me, the case maker. I dogged a set and lost 10k and stand ready to spot you for 20k. But I don't care if you ever play because my world doesn't include you unless I happen to come to AZB once in a while and see you spinning a tale that needs some correction.

Otherwise you, are literally lou-who not even as important as gum on my shoe.

pt109
07-14-2016, 11:13 PM

My favorite post in this thread....

pt109
07-14-2016, 11:18 PM
What is that?

Aloha....yeah, it's me, the guy with the shopping advice.....:)
I had to google Summer's Eve.....
...any guy who didn't have to google it....is probably confused about which toilet to use.
:eek:

Tramp Steamer
07-15-2016, 04:16 AM
...any guy who didn't have to google it....is probably confused about which toilet to use.

Hey, buddy. Did I ever tell you about that one Summers eve when I had sex with a girl while she hung from a tree? Well, she was in a wheel......aw, never mind. :thumbup:

P.S. That post by Poolplaya9 was good, wasn't it?

P.S.S. I think ole Nole, there, is gonna turn out alright after all.

gxman
07-15-2016, 04:25 AM
It would be awesome if fb sponsored a pool tournament. It would be huge for pool to gain publicity and interest. 1mil is peanuts for fb. Only thing is fb has nothing to gain.

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Only AFTER you started in on me. AFTER.....not before....and then when we had a drink together at DCC we agreed to let it all be water under the bridge and I held up my end long after you got to AZB. Even when you started up again with the snide remarks and the insults I tried to be cool and joke with you but you could not have that.

Some people are simply beyond redemption. As much as I believe that most people have some good in them....I think you have very little that is good in you.

Oh, I think you have some....a few people have come forward and said you have done right by them....but when it comes to online pool discussion you have to be the alpha male "only I know how to get good at pool" type who won't even entertain for a second that anyone else anywhere could possibly come up with a different way to approach the game that has any validity if you didn't already know about and approve of it.

That's the basic problem of "Lou" and pool forums. The other problem is the fact that you embellish your pool stories quite liberally. You blend fiction and fact and twist them until you are likely convinced in your mind that what you are saying is only fact. And no, this isn't just about things you have said about me or the John/Lou dynamic....many others have had to call you out on your "perspective" of events where you wove a beautifully written but ultimately false narrative of events with you as the central character.

You are a good player. A hundred ball runner is respectable. I looked at our match and you play well and have a very nice stroke. That said you're still a super nobody in pool just like me and you ultimately don't know any more about how to play and how to become a good player than I or anyone else our speed does. Therefore your defamatory attacks on others throughout the years simply because they wanted to explore other methods of approaching the game has been despicable.

Where you could have been a force for good and someone who could have lent experience towards finding common ground you instead chose to be antagonistic and defamatory while putting yourself on a pedestal. As you admitted you enjoy the verbal jousting and where would the fun be in agreement. Unlike you I am NOT interested in argument and I am NOT interested in defaming people to get a rise out of them. I am interested in learning more about this wonderful game and finding common ground with everyone who spends time studying it.

Anything that detracts from that stalls progress and worse puts it in reverse. You have unfortunately been a willful obstacle to discovery and learning by trolling for arguments. Now, with most of the targets of your derision gone you can hold court over those left and impress the new members with your word craft.

As a former government public relations officer you are fully aware of the power of words to the right audience at the right moment. When no one speaks up in dissent a well crafted message is taken as gospel. Some of us however are still here, we remember how it really was, and I personally will not let you "spin" the message without challenge whenever I happen to catch you telling a "story".

Please, John, save all that. You calling Eric's work place attempting to cause him trouble; your obscene email to me; scaring Mike's mom with a phone call to his house; nearly getting into a brawl moments before our match; threatening to call the IRS on me for a 1099.

Spin all of that.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Um, no. The best advice I got right before the match regarding the money was this: "when the money is posted forget it, it is gone. Just focus on the game and play the best you can" - said to me by a bonafide CHAMPION.

So when the 10k was posted, it WAS gone. I put that money into play and had I won I would have doubled it and losing it means that money that didn't hurt was spent.

Yes, it was a lot of money. Yes I felt some pressure about the amount despite the advice given (by a man who has literally bet millions on pool during his career). But the money isn't anything but a memory. I'd offer to play you for $100,000 if I had it to bet freely with.

What drives me batshit is that I could have beaten you easily and I dogged it on my mental game, worse than I even realized it. I should have scheduled it for a different time and been mentally and physically ready. I don't care that you won the match, you could not stop yourself from winning the match when I pretty much spotted you half the set. I am more upset at myself than anything and not at all upset with you and your hustling crew. It took a team of you to jerk me around for five months and it paid off as I was entirely predictable spending too much time on here and not enough on the table.

The game count between us stands at 10-8 lifetime. We have played 18 games of one pocket and you, the hundred ball runner, are just two games ahead of me, the case maker. I dogged a set and lost 10k and stand ready to spot you for 20k. But I don't care if you ever play because my world doesn't include you unless I happen to come to AZB once in a while and see you spinning a tale that needs some correction.

Otherwise you, are literally lou-who not even as important as gum on my shoe.

You and I (and Jimbo) all know a 1-0 score bores into your skull and drives you nuts. Use whatever nonsensical math you want but when it counted, at the end of the day, for all time: it's still 1-0.

Lou Figueroa

Maxx
07-15-2016, 07:58 AM
Lou and John, are you guys 4 years old? If so you shouldn't be on a computer without adult supervision.

If you are older than that, you both should just stop, life is to short to carry that heavy of a load.

Z-Nole
07-15-2016, 09:36 AM

I had to Google it too. At the very least it should make you question the kind of women you're hanging out with if you knew what that was. But hey, to each his own I guess.

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Lou and John, are you guys 4 years old? If so you shouldn't be on a computer without adult supervision.

If you are older than that, you both should just stop, life is to short to carry that heavy of a load.

Since it bothers you enough to post about it (instead of just merrily skipping along) I will respectfully point out the Ignore function is your friend.

Udder than that, thank you for your interest in national defense.

Lou Figueroa
no load here

ribdoner
07-15-2016, 09:53 AM
10-4?

Lou Figueroa

Hmmmmmmm 10-4 = YES, eh

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 09:54 AM
All things considered, I do apologize for the hijack and will not be responding to any more JB baloney in this thread. He knows he can have a shot at his $10k in St. Louis however the window on that opportunity is closing.

Lou Figueroa
over and out

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Please, John, save all that. You calling Eric's work place attempting to cause him trouble; your obscene email to me; scaring Mike's mom with a phone call to his house; nearly getting into a brawl moments before our match; threatening to call the IRS on me for a 1099.

Spin all of that.

Lou Figueroa

More total BS.

1. NEVER called Eric's "work" in any way. He, on the other hand, threatened to call the PSB (China's immigration police) and tell them I was in China illegally. He said, and I quote, "You don't want someone who can navigate a Mandarin-speaking country coming there and going after you." What I did "threaten" to do FOR Eric was to publish all of his online crap so that anyone thinking of allowing him to manage their money and doing their due diligence to look him up would see how he conducts himself, beating up old men, making terroristic threats, threatening to attempt to break up my family, trying to play the race card and claim I addressed him in a racist way.

And the fact that moments before the match he threatened to hit me with a pool ball.

2. Obscene email? If I ever sent you an obscene email then it was far less than you have deserved. You have been obscenely horrendous to myself and others for the past 20 years on these groups. You have no honor whatsoever. The amount of defamation you have criminally perpetrated has been enough to warrant several ass beatings and jail in my opinion....so you're lucky if all you got was an angry email.

3. Did not call Liesomemore's mom to "scare" her. I call the phone number listed for Mike Lalumiere BECAUSE he told everyone on AZB who he is and said we could call him, he pretty dared us to call him. His mother answered and I said I was looking for him and she voluntarily gave me his number. I was ultra polite with his mom as I am with pretty much all strangers and elderly people. So another bald faced lie by Liesomemore. And I know you are reading this Michael Lalumiere.

I called the number that Mike's mom gave me and finally got that coward on the phone. I called to talk things out and see if we could find common ground. I endured 30 minutes of Mike berating me and lecturing me while I remained calm and at the end of it we agreed to let it go and I promised to try and act as he told me I should.

Then not five minutes after we hung up this liar makes a post saying I harassed his mother and pretended to have some important reason to get his phone number. Nothing could be further from the truth.

4. 1099 - please.......that was a PUBLIC JOKE on her because you keep on insisting that YOU have $10,000 in winnings when in reality the truth is you have only a small portion of it. I said I should have given you a 1099 and let you and your "group" and the IRS figure it out. But even so, so what? Did you report the $10,000 winnings on your tax return? I bet you didn't. You claim to be so moral and upstanding and love to play the victim on here..... show us your return where you did the right thing and claimed the extra income.

Everything you write is either a lie or based on a lie. It's actually incredible to see how far you are from the truth and how you just don't seem to care that you lie and that you repeat lies told to you.

What's really funny is that I am actually a very nice guy so it really takes special people to draw vitriol from me. Here is what the actual greatest person on Earth had to say about me last week.

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 11:05 AM
All things considered, I do apologize for the hijack and will not be responding to any more JB baloney in this thread. He knows he can have a shot at his $10k in St. Louis however the window on that opportunity is closing.

Lou Figueroa
over and out

You won't play. Even if I agree to come to STL and play to try to break even you won't play.

So the offer remains, 20k OKC 10 Ahead, One Pocket.

AND - You get 9:8 on my breaks.

So get some vitamins and some heart and come on.

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 11:07 AM

Lou Figueroa
over and out

Nonsense. You don't care about it. The "hijack" is what turns you on. If you ever cared you would have stayed away from many threads and not spent so much time defaming people.

Plus....it's not a hijack when you are a perfect example of the the OP's inquiry as to why the forum is losing (active) members and interest.

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Since it bothers you enough to post about it (instead of just merrily skipping along) I will respectfully point out the Ignore function is your friend.

Udder than that, thank you for your interest in national defense.

Lou Figueroa
no load here

One of the few things I do agree with you about. Complaining about something you are voluntarily subjecting yourself to is silly.

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Think he asked for 10-4 or 10-5 from me or something crazy like that. I'd like to believe he was not being serious though. HOWEVER, I would actually entertain trying that with HEAVY odds on the money by the game!

I said that that is what I would try with since you had me clocked and I have zero idea who you are or how you play.

Come to OKC and I will play you even for $100 a game five ahead to see where we stand. If you hustle me well enough then we will make a game even. If you run over me then you're have to give up weight to make an even game.

JB Cases
07-15-2016, 11:19 AM
You and I (and Jimbo) all know a 1-0 score bores into your skull and drives you nuts. Use whatever nonsensical math you want but when it counted, at the end of the day, for all time: it's still 1-0.

Lou Figueroa

Yeah, the users here should go find Jimbo and see what he has to say about you. You seem to be the one who cares....as I said when I am away from these forums you are on my mind less than a microscopic fleck of poop on my ass. That goes double for "jimbo".

LOL. Says the person who has spent plenty of time coming in behind me to make stupid comments berating me. At the end of the day this is a FORUM where people talk to and about each other. If you don't like the content....leave. That's the whole point of the thread....lots of good people have left or curtailed their activity considerably because of not liking the climate. And YOU have contributed to that toxic climate with your snide comments such as this one.

That's why YOU are still here and the really good posters and writers are mostly gone.

ROB.M
07-15-2016, 12:44 PM
What is that?

-

It's a refreshing mouth wash that Lou prefers' he won't play without it.

Rob.M

Z-Nole
07-15-2016, 01:10 PM
-

Rob.M

To go with some of that Vagisil lip balm.

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 01:29 PM
-

Rob.M

One down the chute...

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 01:30 PM
To go with some of that Vagisil lip balm.

...and there goes the second one! You boys have fun with each other, ya hear ;-)

Lou Figueroa
talk about
zero value
added

lfigueroa
07-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Complaining about something you are voluntarily subjecting yourself to is silly.

oh, the irony.

Lou Figueroa
sorry, couldn't resist

JB Cases
07-16-2016, 09:32 AM
oh, the irony.

Lou Figueroa
sorry, couldn't resist

Good point, which is one reason I don't subject myself to your fictional crap and defamation very often by avoiding AZB most of the time.

BmoreMoney
07-16-2016, 08:28 PM
I said that that is what I would try with since you had me clocked and I have zero idea who you are or how you play.

Come to OKC and I will play you even for $100 a game five ahead to see where we stand. If you hustle me well enough then we will make a game even. If you run over me then you're have to give up weight to make an even game.

Yeah I get it. Truth is I've never seen u or Lou ever even hit one ball. All I got to go one is the banter on here but what's that worth right? I was actually at SBE and was literally headed to sandcastle to watch yall play but plans changed last minute. I was gonna try to bet on you, strictly due to some of Lou's posts. Last time we talked I mentioned we could try something out at DCC, and you were gonna be too busy which I understand. Maybe the next one lol ☺

chefjeff
07-17-2016, 05:16 AM
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M93c60ecbe468bce29e53ba662c73013do0&w=300&h=156&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Jeff Livingston

JB Cases
07-18-2016, 04:16 AM
Yeah I get it. Truth is I've never seen u or Lou ever even hit one ball. All I got to go one is the banter on here but what's that worth right? I was actually at SBE and was literally headed to sandcastle to watch yall play but plans changed last minute. I was gonna try to bet on you, strictly due to some of Lou's posts. Last time we talked I mentioned we could try something out at DCC, and you were gonna be too busy which I understand. Maybe the next one lol ☺

Understand....there is now nine glorious hours of me playing one pocket on YouTube.....I would not recommend it though unless you want to regress as a player.

It could be titled the 199 Shots Not To Do....or Two B Players Stink Up the Joint.

So anyone who cares to can clock my one pocket skill....what little of it there actually is.

I love to play but am clearly the epitome' of the old joke..."then why don't you learn how?"

As for Lou....well......anyone that won't step up and rob me for 20k more is a character well known to us in the pool room...... As Danny McGoorty likely would have said, "there are a 1000 players willing to swim a river of shit to play John Barton" - so the one who can't make a short drive is?

Anyway....about to hit the road....Las Vegas here we come!

blusteel
07-18-2016, 05:20 AM
Where is ChicagoRJ? I need some Majic.
Scorecard on posts in thiis thread: LF-22, JB-20, which is 24% combined.

Jimbojim
07-18-2016, 06:40 AM
I post less now because more often than not, the only thread I see are about gambling matches or people looking for action in a specific area.

The only threads that interest me are threads about the game itself (mental, specific shots, training routines, drills, tournaments) and about equipment.

threads about who's better than who or "put up 2k and I'll kick your a$$"...I couldn't care less.

Tramp Steamer
07-18-2016, 07:58 AM
I post less now because more often than not, the only thread I see are about gambling matches or people looking for action in a specific area.

The only threads that interest me are threads about the game itself (mental, specific shots, training routines, drills, tournaments) and about equipment.

threads about who's better than who or "put up 2k and I'll kick your a$$"...I couldn't care less.

Well, Jimbo, we don't always get what we want here, but we damn sure get what we deserve. :smile:

Jimbojim
07-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Well, Jimbo, we don't always get what we want here, but we damn sure get what we deserve. :smile:

True.

I guess I just don't like the drama.

Tramp Steamer
07-18-2016, 08:24 AM
True.

I guess I just don't like the drama.

I can't say that I've never been involved in the drama thing here, because if I did I'd be lying.
However, if this place was called The Tip Forum, and all we did was talk about cue tips, then this place probably wouldn't last a week and a half. We'd be out of things to say in no time.
Remember that forums are just what the definition of forum means. A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. It can also mean a court or tribunal.
So, if we look at John and Lou we can see that they are upholding that definition, nicely. :smile:

justadub
07-18-2016, 08:41 AM
I can't say that I've never been involved in the drama thing here, because if I did I'd be lying.
However, if this place was called The Tip Forum, and all we did was talk about cue tips, then this place probably wouldn't last a week and a half. We'd be out of things to say in no time.
Remember that forums are just what the definition of forum means. A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. It can also mean a court or tribunal.
So, if we look at John and Lou we can see that they are upholding that definition, nicely. :smile:

Upholding it?

They created it!

:p

Jimbojim
07-18-2016, 08:54 AM

I hear you, we can't have it both ways. I just wish we had more "How would you play this shot" or similar threads.

pt109
07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
This thread has got over 175 posts....and over 6,000 views.
.....seems like a lotta interest

bubbaandthem
07-18-2016, 09:00 AM

I'm 65 and dying to know. Have you found out why we are part of the problem

Island Drive
07-18-2016, 09:16 AM
IMO....it's common sense &,

Lack of down to earth subject matter that can be discussed w/o the ''other stuff'' accompanying the thread title.

justadub
07-18-2016, 09:23 AM
I hear you, we can't have it both ways. I just wish we had more "How would you play this shot" or similar threads.

I think that when the WEI table diagramming tool became far more difficult to use, many of the folks that would put them up stopped doing so..

And, like most everything else here in AZB-land, those threads became very contentious as well, which would end up with much of the same foolishness we see in other threads.

Neil.... I also miss those threads. Hint hint

Z-Nole
07-18-2016, 09:44 AM
There's aiming systems out there? I'm not familiar, can anyone elaborate?

Jimbojim
07-18-2016, 10:20 AM

I see what you did there!

Tramp Steamer
07-18-2016, 02:02 PM

My God, man, hold your tongue. Speak only in hushed tones about aiming systems.

Before you were born we had the beautiful times. Aiming antebellum we used to call it. Peace and love were all around the forum.
Then, one day, someone questioned the validity of aiming systems, specifically CTE. Then someone extolled it's virtues. Before you new it we had drawn sides and the Great Aiming War had begun.
Skirmishes turned into full blown battles. Thousands and thousands of lives were lost. I myself was wounded twice. Once in the groin. Had it not been for an unknown nurse giving me mouth-to-mouth resuscitation I would never have made it
Were it not been for late night negotiations with Mr. Howerton, Mr. Wilson, and Chucklez65 (who in the hell is Chucklez65?) we would doubtless be fighting today. Actually they ordered us to stop, and we did.
Nevertheless, my friend. Tread lightly where aiming systems are concerned. :D