PDA

View Full Version : Is there a test to determine rails bounce

one stroke
07-10-2016, 06:05 PM
I have a olhousan 8 ft I want to change the cloth , it has accu fast rails I believe but I would I know ,, , I'm thinking of getting a 9 ft rail package and cutting them down rather than shim also
Is there a better rail I could use
I don't know how you could test the rails without some kind of jig seems it would also be dependent on cloth and balls used for test

The Renfro
07-10-2016, 06:59 PM
I have a olhousan 8 ft I want to change the cloth , it has accu fast rails I believe but I would I know ,, , I'm thinking of getting a 9 ft rail package and cutting them down rather than shim also
Is there a better rail I could use
I don't know how you could test the rails without some kind of jig seems it would also be dependent on cloth and balls used for test

The $100 bill trick shot where you land on the bill is actually not a bad "poor man's" test... As far as getting the 9ft package to keep from using shims you have to deal with the subrail wood... just a longer rail with no support won't play properly........ video sucks but it's an 8 railer.. 9 if you count the last touch... Used to be the decider in some of the trick shot tragics on ESPN....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4TdmOKATY