PDA

View Full Version : Brews & Cues

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 08:20 PM
So, I finally got to check out our new pool room today . They have been open since I made the post a little while back, maybe a month or so. I was out running errands today and got a bug up my tail and decided to check them out today . I can sum up the place with one word ---- NICE. Yes, currently there are only barboxes, DIAMONDS. They use Cyclops with a measles cue ball. Not a fan but the tables are nice, and the atmosphere was great ! I believe there were 7 tables, once again all BB'S and they were all Diamonds. After speaking with the manager ( I'll get to that BTW ) it is confirmed that they are in fact cutting a hole in the floor and will be putting all Diamonds 9 footers up stairs . The engineers are coming on Wednesday . The big tables are going up where Big Daddys used to be.

Got some AWESOME NEWS, Being that this is a bar the normal closing time will be 2 am of course. But wait! There's more!!! The downstairs which is a bar and has the barboxes will in fact close at 2am, HOWEVER the upstairs which will have the 9 footers is being set up separately and will REMAIN open as long as there is action to be had ! !!!!! That's right boyz, the top part will NOT BE CLOSING AT 2AM!!!!! How cool is that?????

So, as it turns out an old buddy of mine is the Manger there. Yall probably know the dude, his name is Steve and he used to run the Tuesday tournament at big Daddy's. I know Curtis ( AZ- Inside English ) knows Steve well. He's a really good dude and for sure is a great choice to run this place!!!! Steve GF ( NICOLE ) plays really sporty ( don't tell her I said so cause she'll get a big head - she always used to beat me every time I played in that Tues tourney Lolo loll , she's tough for real!). Anyhow, nice nice place and I think they will do well. No tournaments as of yet but by fall they will start.

As I mentioned I went in today just as a spur of the moment type thing. I'm so glad I did. I ran into some very good old friends, just by chance. I ran into Chieffie, and GE Bob. As it turns out, GE Bob is gonna run the poolroom upstairs. Chief is a VERY good friend of mine and he was THE Houseman at the old Jack & Jills. I did a post about him a long time ago as " BEST HOUSEMAN EVER PERIOD!!!!" and I still say that to this day.

All and all this place has great people in place and I think this is gonna be a real nice joint and it is gonna be " a players room " and unlike Big Daddys that it is replacing I have a feeling that they are gonna cater to the action ! !!!! For those of Yall that are familiar with the area and it's rooms, I think this place is the real deal and IMHO is gonna be THE SPOT , for our area anyways!!!!

poolplayher
07-11-2016, 09:24 PM
I was there the first night they opened.... Very nice place and i can't wait for upstairs to finish and open. Yup, Steve is a cool dude and so is his wife, Nicole. Thanks for providing the, new to me, info on upstairs operating hours. That's what's up! The food is good too!

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I was there the first night they opened.... Very nice place and i can't wait for upstairs to finish and open. Yup, Steve is a cool dude and so is his wife, Nicole. Thanks for providing the, new to me, info on upstairs operating hours. That's what's up! The food is good too!

Np. Have you ever played Nicole? How do yall match up? All kidding aside, THAT CHIC CAN PLAY!!!! FOR REAL! Her and I haven't gambled as far as I recall ( I used to always gamble with Steve ) but I wasn't kidding about those Tuesday night tournies. I can't even begin to tell ya how many times Nicole knocked me out of the Tues tournamentso lololol. Not sure why but chics always seem to have my number when playing in tournaments 😆. Maybe u and I can shoot some if we run into one another up there????

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 09:44 PM

Yeah I was kinda wondering about the food. While I was there today and ran into GE Bob and Chief we got some chicken wings and chicken fingers. It was ok, typical bar grub ya know. Was wondering what some of the entrées were like?

NastyNate13
07-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Steve and his wife Nicole are cool people. Inadvertently met Steve playing in a mini tourney at the Expo at around 2am (he beat me hill-hill with a ridiculous bank shot) and his wife played my very good friend in the ladies division 9 ball. Wish them all the luck in the world

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Steve and his wife Nicole are cool people. Inadvertently met Steve playing in a mini tourney at the Expo at around 2am (he beat me hill-hill with a ridiculous bank shot) and his wife played my very good friend in the ladies division 9 ball. Wish them all the luck in the world

Yeah Steve & Nicole are for sure good peeps! And I said it but I'll say it again,T HAT GIRL CAN SHOOT!!!! LOL. Steve is an old school pool guy for sure and I'm fairly certain that he's gonna do a great job with this room. I think I'm gonna hit up Curtis ( Inside English ) and see if he wants to get a tourney going in this spot. Probably won't be till fall but im pretty sure it would do well , the Tuesday night tournament at Daddys was a good draw and that went for years. Always had a good draw and every week they had people coming from 40-50 miles away. We used to frequently get Mike Davis, Stottlemeyer, Wilke, white Max, and a bunch of other pros if they were in town but for sure it was always a TOUGH TOUGH tourney! I Think once they put in all the full sizes upstairs I think this will end up being the GO TO spot. Guess we will see!

poolplayher
07-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Np. Have you ever played Nicole? How do yall match up? All kidding aside, THAT CHIC CAN PLAY!!!! FOR REAL! Her and I haven't gambled as far as I recall ( I used to always gamble with Steve ) but I wasn't kidding about those Tuesday night tournies. I can't even begin to tell ya how many times Nicole knocked me out of the Tues tournamentso lololol. Not sure why but chics always seem to have my number when playing in tournaments 😆. Maybe u and I can shoot some if we run into one another up there????
I used to play at Big Daddy's too at the Tuesday nite tourney, but not as often as they did. Nicole and I usually go back n forth.

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 10:51 PM
I used to play at Big Daddy's too at the Tuesday nite tourney, but not as often as they did. Nicole and I usually go back n forth.

Hey, I can't remember her last name but does Cheryl still play? I don't remember exactly what it was but I think I heard she won some big tournament and she got some kinda title or what not??? Do you have any idear what I'm talking about lol???

poolplayher
07-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Hey, I can't remember her last name but does Cheryl still play? I don't remember exactly what it was but I think I heard she won some big tournament and she got some kinda title or what not??? Do you have any idear what I'm talking about lol???
Lol she plays sometimes... Not sure of her winnings though

BmoreMoney
07-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Lol she plays sometimes... Not sure of her winnings though

She got married and had a kid right?

jasonlaus
07-12-2016, 08:06 AM
I'll get over there eventually, looking forward to it
Jason

Icon of Sin
07-12-2016, 08:41 AM

Those were fun times. I havnt been to Brews and Cues yet. Waiting for them to get the upstairs open. Hoping for another 9 foot tourney in the area.

Steve and Nicole are great people. I hope the place does well.

measureman
07-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a great place but....................do they have free water?

BmoreMoney
07-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I'll get over there eventually, looking forward to it
Jason Jason, hit me up with a little notice and I'll try to make it up there and we can hit some if you want bro.

Those were fun times. I havnt been to Brews and Cues yet. Waiting for them to get the upstairs open. Hoping for another 9 foot tourney in the area.

The engineers are supposed to be there tomorrow to get the ball rolling on that. 999's has a full size tourney on Sat nights - think it's 8 ball though��. Yeah Daddy's Tuesday night was a nice tourney - pretty tough too - if you won that one you were doing something. The place is pretty nice already but yeah its gonna be awesome with the upstairs done! The place was fairly empty while I was there but it was still early too , it's a nice atmosphere in there and will probably be more so with players in there.

Steve and Nicole are great people. I hope the place does well.

Sounds like a great place but....................do they have free water? Of course they do !!!! ( state law �� ). Now if we could just have free beer too !

one stroke
07-12-2016, 05:12 PM
She got married and had a kid right?

Yes she married Shaun Sporlander fine player himself , when she was in top for she could give Nicole the 7 no disrespect to her game but She was a monster player

BmoreMoney
07-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Yes she married Shaun Sporlander fine player himself , when she was in top for she could give Nicole the 7 no disrespect to her game but She was a monster player

Yup Cheryl is a way cool chic. We always had a lot of fun whenever we played. I don't know Shaun at all, where does he play out of ? I agree 100% in regards to her game. I mentioned it earlier , what was that big event she won?