PDA

View Full Version : Finding recent tournament results

Tyke
07-11-2016, 10:05 PM
On Sunday, Jul 10th, I watched some of the West Coast Challenge $10,000 Added 10-Ball semi-finals but didnt see the last matches.
I am having trouble finding out the results because I dont know where to look.

Is there a standard place on AZB (or anywhere) to look for tournament results? What kind of lag time is there before results are published?
Be as specific as possible pls.

Thanks,
Mark

AtLarge
07-11-2016, 11:46 PM
On Sunday, Jul 10th, I watched some of the West Coast Challenge $10,000 Added 10-Ball semi-finals but didnt see the last matches.
I am having trouble finding out the results because I dont know where to look.

Is there a standard place on AZB (or anywhere) to look for tournament results? What kind of lag time is there before results are published?
Be as specific as possible pls.

Thanks,
Mark

For the West Coast Challenge 10-Ball event, the brackets can be found on the streamer's website: http://www.povpool.com/. This was updated as the event progressed.

For the Midwest 9-Ball Tour event in Olathe, KS (also played this past weekend), I have not found any completed brackets. Some partial brackets can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/86056991606/. These are just photographs of the paper bracket posted in the tournament room.

In time (it varies from event to event), a list of everyone who finished in the money in most significant events can be found by going to the AzBilliards home page (azbilliards.com), clicking on the "People" button at the top, and entering the name of any player who finished in the money. That will bring up a list of all the events in which he has earned money in the current year or in prior years. Clicking on a particular tournament in the list will bring up a list of the money winners for that event.

So, while there is, ultimately, a good place to look for the order of finish (the AzB "People" database, if you know a player who finished in the money), it varies quite a bit from event to event as an event is being played. Sometimes current brackets are available as the event progresses and sometimes not.

Other sources of information on tournament results include news articles that can be found on the AzB home page and forum threads about the event.

Tyke
07-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks much AtLarge, for the comprehensive and prompt reply. I see that it requires a little footwork rather than finding it all on some obscure page that I just couldnt find.
Now I know and wont get so frustrated.
Mark