PDA

View Full Version : Dufferin/Lucasi

MikieG
07-13-2016, 01:52 PM
I may be a bit slow on this, but i just read that these companies are now made in China. Is this so?
I have a friend that paid $500 for an ornate Lacasi. Are there any real (true inlay, not decals) lucasi cues?

Cracktherack
07-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Cue companies are like prostitutes and they have China as a makeup artist to paint the old hag up like an 18 year old cheerleader. Let the buyer beware.

Direwolf
07-13-2016, 03:12 PM
In a nutshell, yes lucasi makes cues with actual inlays. I can't speak about dufferin as I've never owned one but the lhf-50 and lhc-97 that I owned had actual inlays.

caff3in3
07-13-2016, 03:40 PM
I may be a bit slow on this, but i just read that these companies are now made in China. Is this so?
I have a friend that paid $500 for an ornate Lacasi. Are there any real (true inlay, not decals) lucasi cues?
Being made in China itself shouldn't be an issue for quality in itself. Lots of quality goods coming from there.

If I am not mistaken the earlier lucasi cues were all decals but some of the newer ones have inlays. I know a few people who shoot with a lucasi and really like them. I would try to find the cue he bought and see what the normal retail cost is.

Dufferin went out of business and I am not sure who picked up the name or where the cues are being made now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ROB.M
07-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Lucasi,players,predator and a few others are all made at same location.
~>

Enjoy'

Rob.M

sixwillwin
07-13-2016, 06:50 PM
Somebody should explain to me how whether it's actual inlays or decals, relates to how it makes the cue play worse or better? I guess I just don't care much about how cues look. I never even look at my opponents cue.

billiardthought
07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Somebody should explain to me how whether it's actual inlays or decals, relates to how it makes the cue play worse or better? I guess I just don't care much about how cues look. I never even look at my opponents cue.

you're the first person in this thread talking about how a cue plays

MikieG
07-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Billiard thought is right. Nobody mentioned playability. You see, cues are works of art and craftsmanship. Real inlay work with real and valuable materials is always more desirable than cheesy decals. But then again, you would have to spend a bit more than $168 to know the difference.

Shawn Armstrong
07-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Billiard thought is right. Nobody mentioned playability. You see, cues are works of art and craftsmanship. Real inlay work with real and valuable materials is always more desirable than cheesy decals. But then again, you would have to spend a bit more than $168 to know the difference.

If you care to see my ornately inlaid Lucasi, I can send pictures. Their CNC machinery is just as good or better than most custom makers.

Chopdoc
07-14-2016, 11:05 AM
you're the first person in this thread talking about how a cue plays

Because it had to do with the price of the cue and the issue of inlays versus decals. Seemed pretty specific. In other words the playability issue is just off topic and smartass. :wink:

Decals are a lot cheaper. So a decal cue should be a lot cheaper, whether made in China or not.

Chopdoc
07-14-2016, 11:07 AM

It seems you feel that if they are made in China they must be decals. Simply not true.

Chopdoc
07-14-2016, 11:07 AM

The OP said $500 was spent.