PDA

View Full Version : Second or not?

jumunjo
07-13-2016, 05:24 PM
I would like to ask all AZ'ers for your opinion with a simple yes or no poll.

I will expand with full details after I get some opinions but for now, the situation is this.....

I have just bought a new shaft that cost $230, plus another $78 for express delivery. The shaft arrived several days after the express time guidelines and the shaft has a mark (sugar spot) near the tip.

I have informed the shop I am not happy with either situatuion and have asked them to make good the shaft and apply to the courier to get a refund for a service they failed to supply.

My poll question is this?

Am I out of order for asking them to make good the situation? Yes/No

jumunjo
07-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Added photo

cubswin
07-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Sugar marks don't bug me. Over 300 for a shaft seems expensive to me, who made it?

jumunjo
07-13-2016, 07:02 PM
With respect, for now, I'll leave all names of the shop and brand out of it, as I would like honest feedback as to the situation.

Thanks for the reply.

slide13
07-13-2016, 07:19 PM
That doesn't look very bad to me.

lbostons
07-13-2016, 07:27 PM
That mark doesn't bother me either. That being said when you pay $300 bones for something I expect to get what I pay for. If it bothers you send it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuesblues
07-13-2016, 07:31 PM
A $78 refund for express shipping should be a no brainer.
The sugar mark situation is up to you, I would be happy with the express mail refund,
but there is nothing wrong with asking those questions, and a lot of people want pure white shafts.
I don't think you are out of line

Now I better go vote

Cuebuddy
07-13-2016, 08:48 PM
This blemish will fade with time and chalk, but until its gone it would bother me. If not for any other reason than the price that was paid. For the $$$ you have in it you should not need to think about this imperfection.

jumunjo
07-13-2016, 08:50 PM
The carrier is at fault, however the shop is refusing to challenge them, to get a refund.

cuesblues
07-13-2016, 09:10 PM
The carrier is at fault, however the shop is refusing to challenge them, to get a refund.

It couldn't of shipped USPS, because they are known to refund the entire express charges with no hassle, it's guaranteed.
I don't know about FedEx, UPS, and the air freight forwarders.

If the seller is just being lazy, then you should be on their ass about it.

joewag2
07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
It would bother me. Paying top dollar for a straight grain maple shaft with that bad a sugar mark, that close to the ferrule?? Anyone that says it might not bother them.. Put it up for sale on here asking full price, with a picture showing the sugar mark,.. but rolls straight as an arrow!! And sit back with a full bag of popcorn,... inside a shark cage. Cuz it would get ugly, yet entertaining ,... real fast.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

jasonlaus
07-14-2016, 03:34 AM
You are not out of line. The business should be bending over backwards to help you.

If you're gonna send out a shaft like that you better make damn sure the customer doesn't have a problem with it BEFORE you ship.
Jason

Double-Dave
07-14-2016, 04:26 AM
The $78 is crystal clear. Not your problem if the seller
does not want challenge the shipping company. Now,
the shaft was shipped so whatever regular shipping
would have cost would have to be deducted from the $78.

The sugar spot is a close one for me. We generally do
not discard shafts because of a mineral streak or sugar
spot. Playability is our selling point, not necessarily looks.

But, obviously it bothers you and if it bothered one of our
customers we would offer a replacement or refund.

gr. Dave

Black-Balled
07-14-2016, 04:45 AM
If i were the business, no consideration would cost me money, directly. No shipping cost refund. That process is not in the seller's control.

Exchange of the shaft would be ok, expect the additional mailings to be shared...

How unhappy are you? Enough to pay $78 to exchange for another?

jumunjo
07-14-2016, 05:29 AM
The courier offers a guarantee of 3-5 days shipping. It took 13 days to arrive.

However, technically the shop is the customer to them as they paid and instigated the shipping. So All i asked in that regard is that they male a claim for a refund and then pass that back to me.

This would involve no loss to the vendor. But they have refused this as well as resolving my issue with the shaft.

Hope that clears up the shipping issue.

HawaiianEye
07-14-2016, 08:57 AM

However, technically the shop is the customer to them as they paid and instigated the shipping. So All i asked in that regard is that they male a claim for a refund and then pass that back to me.

This would involve no loss to the vendor. But they have refused this as well as resolving my issue with the shaft.

Hope that clears up the shipping issue.

Rat 'em out.

fastone371
07-14-2016, 09:49 AM
If the mark on the shaft is a natural part of the wood it probably would not bother me, but it sounds like you paid a premium for the shaft so you kinda have a right to have something that is appealing.
As far as the shipping, I don't see the location in your avatar (like so many others, not sure why people are trying to hide) but you paid a lot of money for express shipping. If you get red label UPS it is guaranteed next day by 10:30 AM or you don't get charged (at least that used to be the case, not sure if it still applies). I would not be happy to pay $80 for shipping and have it arrive in a few days, depending on how remote your location may be.

StuartTKelley
07-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Did you buy it to play with or look at? It's not bad at all. I would never order anything and not specify my expectations and then expect the maker to know what they are. Maybe this particular piece of wood is a monster player....you might be passing on a great playing shaft just to get another one that might not play as well but looks better. I'm not saying they shouldn't honor your request if you are valued as a customer. Not sure where it shipped from but if it's overseas I find there's no guarantee on time frames from my personal experience. I would never pay $78 to ship a shaft but you should be compensated at least half way for the ridiculous lag time, I agree there.

9Ballz
07-14-2016, 10:36 AM
For a premium price for a shaft and a premium price for delivery. I expect the company to make everything right, no exceptions.

jumunjo
07-18-2016, 02:26 PM
One and only bump to remind all there are three days left to vote, thank you.

michael4
07-18-2016, 04:26 PM

find out when the shipment was picked up first......in other words, did the carrier have it in their possession for 13 days or 5 days ?

gunzby
07-18-2016, 06:00 PM
Simple exchange and refund shipping

jumunjo
08-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Ok, firstly thank you to the 58 of you whom took the time to vote and those that took the time to post their opinions.

The result of the poll was 80% agreed I have cause for complaint, with 20% of you disagreeing.

The purpose of the poll was to allow the "companies" involved the opportunity to see what other potential customers feel about this situation. Hoping it would sway their opinions on how they have treated me.

Unfortunately they have not even bothered to communicate since my last correspondence to them, therefore with the backing of 80% of you I now name and shame ....

Budget Billiards and Meucci Cues.

As a collector of cues and someone who plays an active part in the billiards world you have now not only lost a customer, but my collection of your cues has now all been sold bar 1.

Never again will I allow you the opportunity to so shoddily treat me again.

ChicagoRJ
08-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Wood harvested from a living thing. Mother nature is as perfect as you can get in an imperfect world. If you want something shiny and pretty, that will never have a mark in it, buy a fiberglass shaft, problem solved ;)

Grain and other "features" is what gives the wood it's personality. Which is still better than a bleached out piece of shaft wood to try and find "perfection". At the end of the day, it's still just "sports equipment", right? No imperfections in his bat stopped Frank Thomas from hitting balls 500 feet ;)

Enjoy, life is too short to sweat the small stuff, it really is.