PDA

View Full Version : Help with info about Klapp shaft (if any can be offered with pics)?

justinb386
07-13-2016, 11:47 PM
I have this shaft that I was told was made by Klapp (Steve Klapp I assume).

Anyways, I really do not care for the taper of it (it starts at around 12.7mm at the tip, and it feels like maybe it is a conical taper, or some other type of very stiff taper, because it does not feel like a very long taper, and more like a gradual taper, but I do not know).

Does the shaft appear to be a conical taper shaft?

It has a very short ferrule, so I assume that it is an LD shaft?

Anyways, I really did not like it, and wondering what it is worth.

Hoping to find out as much info about it as possible before I list it up for sale.

Like maybe it is an old growth shaft? I do not know.

Would just like to find out more info about the shaft, if that is even possible just by looking at the pictures that I am adding.

I was very surprised that the shaft weighed in at only around 3.8oz (I thought it would weigh much more, because of how thick the taper is).

I was not able to add pictures on here (because I could not figure out how to get my pictures down to under 100kb per pic), so I created a Flickr account, and posted the pictures on there (in the link below).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143921201@N05/

Thank you very much for any thoughts, or info about the shaft.

billiardthought
07-14-2016, 06:46 AM
I would say it's worth $20, and I will offer $15.

I am only kidding, except for my offer.

poolguy4u
07-14-2016, 08:22 AM
:sorry:

For real it doesn't matter who made it.

A good shaft is easy to make and cost around $33 dollars to make a good one.

As long as it hits good, you like the shaft taper, and fits your butt right, that's all that matters.

:thumbup: