PDA

View Full Version : Tips for carom shots

longhorns2
07-15-2016, 02:27 PM
I guess this question applies to non carom shots too but how do you make sure you hit a certain angle off the first object ball?

molinatx4206
07-15-2016, 02:32 PM
I guess this question applies to non carom shots too but how do you make sure you hit a certain angle off the first object ball?

Simple...learn speed touch draw stun jab follow and English lol

bbb
07-15-2016, 05:41 PM
there is the tangent line on stun
and the "peace " sign on a rolling ball
and a split the middle on a draw stroke
pm me to discuss it

erhino41
07-15-2016, 08:21 PM
I try to use the 90 degree tangent every time if I can. This is accomplished by changing the cut angle on the first ball until the 90 degree tangent lines up with your intended contact point on the ball to be pocketed. I find the 90 degree tangent to be the most reliable. There obviously will be caroms where you need to draw or follow either due to the layout of the balls or in order to control the object ball for position on the next shot. This is accomplished the same way you would hit a spot on the rail. If you cannot effectively hit any spot on the rail at will, you will need to practice that, as it is a basic skill of position play.

RiverCity
07-15-2016, 08:35 PM
An aiming trick for these shots, is to aim the first ball at the point of contact, closest to the pocket on the second ball (first ball is the ball contacted first, second ball is the ball you are caroming off of). As the cut gets thinner, aim the edge of the first ball at the point closest the pocket on the second ball.

Get Ray Martins '99 Critical Shots', explains the shots in detail. ;)

erhino41
07-16-2016, 08:48 AM
An aiming trick for these shots, is to aim the first ball at the point of contact, closest to the pocket on the second ball (first ball is the ball contacted first, second ball is the ball you are caroming off of). As the cut gets thinner, aim the edge of the first ball at the point closest the pocket on the second ball.

Get Ray Martins '99 Critical Shots', explains the shots in detail. ;)

I don't follow what your saying at all. It almost sounds like you are describing a combination? Why would I aim the object ball at the other ball? You are trying to hit it with cue ball, no?

RiverCity
07-16-2016, 12:06 PM
I don't follow what your saying at all. It almost sounds like you are describing a combination? Why would I aim the object ball at the other ball? You are trying to hit it with cue ball, no?

The first ball can be the cb ;)