PDA

View Full Version : Ki-Tech medium vs Kamui medium/soft?

I Got Lucky
07-18-2016, 02:53 AM
I have a Mezz WX700 with either a Kamui brown soft or medium. How does a Ki-Tech medium compare?

a1712
07-18-2016, 01:21 PM
I have a Mezz WX700 with either a Kamui brown soft or medium. How does a Ki-Tech medium compare?

I'm not sure which Kamui my WX700/Wavy Joint came with, but it was to soft for my liking. I replaced it with a Ki-Tech Med. just as a test bed, but it will be staying on that shaft. It plays extremely well on that Cue/Shaft combo, Mezz AXI-N. My daily shooter is a Mezz ZZ 33, WX700 w/a Molavia hard. Brian.

The Renfro
07-18-2016, 02:49 PM
The Ki-Tech Medium is what a lot of Medium Layered guys have gone to and is our number 1 seller with the M/S gaining some ground of later....

Palmetto Cues did an install video and if your installer will watch it and take the time to keep them cool on the install you will have a long relationship with one if you like the hit..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8SXBCij2o

9Ballr
07-18-2016, 06:24 PM
The Ki-Tech Medium is what a lot of Medium Layered guys have gone to and is our number 1 seller with the M/S gaining some ground of later....

Palmetto Cues did an install video and if your installer will watch it and take the time to keep them cool on the install you will have a long relationship with one if you like the hit..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8SXBCij2o

Interesting video.
Thanks for sharing.

Do you know what he used to color the tip brown?

The Renfro
07-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Interesting video.
Thanks for sharing.

Do you know what he used to color the tip brown?

Will get him to chime in and spill the beans... I know he has told me and I have been meaning to pick some up...

I have been having fits coming up with a good burnishing formula without using ammonia... Have been formulating for over a year off and on and his results are still better than what my test formulas have yielded....

The Renfro
07-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Mike is having password issues so here is his response.....

"Porper's Tip Touch or burnishing liquid from Barringers. The tip touch I get from Mueller Supply."

I have not tried either.. I tried the Navigator burnishing liquid and padding lacquer to me was the superior choice to it.....

I Got Lucky
07-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Well I had a Ki-tech medium and a Kamui Super Soft each put on WX700 and a WD700. The Ki-tech sounds like a rock hitting another rock when I hit the cue ball. I played with both for a few hours and the Ki-Tech just seems so damn hard. Even when I chalk it feels so hard against the chalk. It may play OK but I don't think I can get past the ping sound every time I shoot.

9Ballr
07-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Mike is having password issues so here is his response.....

"Porper's Tip Touch or burnishing liquid from Barringers. The tip touch I get from Mueller Supply."

I have not tried either.. I tried the Navigator burnishing liquid and padding lacquer to me was the superior choice to it.....

Very interesting.

Thanks for passing that along.

BigBoof
07-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Well I had a Ki-tech medium and a Kamui Super Soft each put on WX700 and a WD700. The Ki-tech sounds like a rock hitting another rock when I hit the cue ball. I played with both for a few hours and the Ki-Tech just seems so damn hard. Even when I chalk it feels so hard against the chalk. It may play OK but I don't think I can get past the ping sound every time I shoot.

Your experience is odd to me. My Ki-tech medium is my preference because it makes a quiet thump sound. I find that nasty sound on most every layered tip I have tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Got Lucky
07-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Your experience is odd to me. My Ki-tech medium is my preference because it makes a quiet thump sound. I find that nasty sound on most every layered tip I have tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sounds like a phenolic break tip. I will play some more today with it but im 99.9999999% sure I will have it removed by the weekend and go with a Kamui soft or super soft.

BigBoof
07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
It sounds like a phenolic break tip. I will play some more today with it but im 99.9999999% sure I will have it removed by the weekend and go with a Kamui soft or super soft.
Good luck. Sounds like you got a dud. I had a bad medium-soft. It happens. I just hope my next mediums are like my first.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Renfro
07-20-2016, 05:58 PM

Send me your info in PM. we have a 2 for 1 replacement policy on tips. Pretty much no questions asked since the install can influence a single layered immensely and learning to install them while keeping them cool and getting the burnish right is not like a normal single layered tip like an elk or triangle because of the treatments. We just added spring ratetesting on the fly so we will get even better on qc but yours could have jumped ship and made it out in spec and played hard. All I ask is for you to have the installer watch the Palmetto cue video before the next install. Ki-Techs wont take heat at all.