PDA

View Full Version : Blak3 impressions

SpringsF6B
07-19-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm considering buying a Predator Blak3-1. I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this cue. What do you like? dislike? Are you happy with your purchase?

billiardthought
07-19-2016, 08:32 PM
The marketing is guaranteed

Marky Mark
07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
If you want to save money just buy the 8K series. You get the same technology @ a lower cost.

SpringsF6B
07-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Actually I did look at the 8K cues. The one I like is the 8k-4, $863.10. The Blak3-1 costs $890.10. For less than $30 it's a toss up.

Marky Mark
07-19-2016, 10:52 PM
I had the 8K-4 but I sold it because I found it too busy or fancy. With the money I got from the sale I bought the 8K-2 with the extension kit & I could not be happier. If I will get the Blak series it would be the 3-4; I just don't like the metal butt cap.

Imo, the Predator cues of today are built excellent. I also like the taper on the handle being thinner than Mezz. I also believe that they feel & play as good or better than Mezz which is why I sold my Axi & EC7 WMB. Btw, there is a guy selling his 8K-4 if you like that design - he just listed his cue(s).

Good luck with your search!

nycdarkness
07-20-2016, 06:11 AM
Blak series isn't worth the money. If your gonna go predator just buy the p3. I have right now a throne 2, roadline sneaky, and a p3 revo. Each actually do feel significantly different with the same shaft on. Get the p3.

AlienObserver
07-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Blak3-3 is probably in my top 3 most beautiful cues i've ever seen. Simply gorgeous.

JohnBoy21
07-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Blak3-3 is probably in my top 3 most beautiful cues i've ever seen. Simply gorgeous.

A guy on my team has the Blak3-2 so I've shot with it a couple times its not bad but for the money I would definitely go with a P-3 if you wanted to stay with the predator brand. But in that price range there are alot of custom cue options too that would be better. (You can always pair a predator shaft with a custom cue as well.)

Also alien I understand everyone has there own opinion but top 3 most beautiful cues you've ever seen? You need to search the cue gallery on this forum and just look at some of the crazy cues these cue makers are making.

AlienObserver
07-22-2016, 04:52 PM
Also alien I understand everyone has there own opinion but top 3 most beautiful cues you've ever seen? You need to search the cue gallery on this forum and just look at some of the crazy cues these cue makers are making.

Well, as you said everyone has their own opinion, and beauty is something extremely personal and many times it doesn't have any reason behind it. I've seen many cues here on the forums, few of them I've said that this is a beautiful cue. But Blak3-3 for me is in another level. I can't deny that some of the cues I've seen here i was stunned by their craftmanship, but beauty is something completely different.