PDA

View Full Version : Pictures in the For sale thread

larry732
07-20-2016, 05:26 AM
Why can't we end all the for sale threads without specs and pictures of the cues by having some sign on the sellers thread or title that shows no picture, so we can skip over it and end this trend. Even E'bay demands at least one picture. It is a waste of time opening a thread for nothing. Pretty soon they will doing it in the cue gallery ( Text me for pictures)

cuesblues
07-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Pretty soon they will doing it in the cue gallery ( Text me for pictures)

That's a good one :smile:

That could apply to the main forum as well;

"text me for my opinion on the best LD shaft"

Buzzard II
07-20-2016, 06:34 AM
And one of those "specs" should be the asking price too.

Woofresh
07-20-2016, 07:12 AM
I've been saying this... these "big" sellers need to go...

cuesblues
07-20-2016, 07:24 AM
I've been saying this... these "big" sellers need to go...

Why do you want these "big" sellers to go?
Just how big are you talking, and do I need to worry?

StrokeofLuck
07-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Color me guilty! Not selling a cue just some small items, but when I went to add the pics it said my file can only be 100 KB and my pic was 1.3 MB! Never had that happen before but I see others having the same problem. And yes I know about image hosting sites but the last two times I used Photobucket my computer got some nasty malware on it so I'm not going back. Anyway, not sure what changed with the uploading limits here.

asiasdad
07-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Why can't we end all the for sale threads without specs and pictures of the cues by having some sign on the sellers thread or title that shows no picture, so we can skip over it and end this trend. Even E'bay demands at least one picture. It is a waste of time opening a thread for nothing. Pretty soon they will doing it in the cue gallery ( Text me for pictures)

Agreed:

No pics
No price
No post

Woofresh
07-20-2016, 07:55 AM
Why do you want these "big" sellers to go?
Just how big are you talking, and do I need to worry?
they are flooding the pages with no photos... don't even have the cue most times.... never dropping price even after 3k views... ridiculous

Ken_4fun
07-20-2016, 07:57 AM
Some higher end cues the new buyer may not want that posted.

I agree that most cues should have a price posted, its just on some cues, folks have no intention on buying and they are just nosey on price.

JMO

Ken

asiasdad
07-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Some higher end cues the new buyer may not want that posted.

I agree that most cues should have a price posted, its just on some cues, folks have no intention on buying and they are just nosey on price.

JMO

Ken

"Higher end cues" are just a cue with a higher price that needs posted
if in the wanted/for sale section.

To avoid that, simply feature it in cue gallery and state "if interested
send me a PM or email".

Atlatlien
07-20-2016, 12:49 PM
Color me guilty! Not selling a cue just some small items, but when I went to add the pics it said my file can only be 100 KB and my pic was 1.3 MB! Never had that happen before but I see others having the same problem. And yes I know about image hosting sites but the last two times I used Photobucket my computer got some nasty malware on it so I'm not going back. Anyway, not sure what changed with the uploading limits here.

Use Imgur (http://imgur.com)to host pictures. It's lightweight, easy, free, and no ads.

Don't use Photobucket or any other image hosting site except Imgur. There's really no reason to, ever, as long as Imgur stays the way it is.