PDA

View Full Version : One of the best comebacks I've seen in a while

alstl
07-24-2016, 08:13 PM
No quit in Niels.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/89937532

conetip
07-25-2016, 01:52 AM
That was really good work to come back from 10 -6 in a race to 11.

9andout
07-25-2016, 02:53 AM
That was really good work to come back from 10 -6 in a race to 11.

With alternating breaks too!
Was great to watch.

alstl
07-27-2016, 10:11 AM
In a thread a week or two ago the question was who has the best stroke. That is a subjective question but my reply was Niels has as straight a stroke as anybody with his alignment and cue under his right eye.

He doesn't win every tournament but the consistent stroke is a benefit and probably helps his game under pressure.

arnaldo
07-27-2016, 10:58 AM
In a thread a week or two ago the question was who has the best stroke. That is a subjective question but my reply was Niels has as straight a stroke as anybody with his alignment and cue under his right eye.

He doesn't win every tournament but the consistent stroke is a benefit and probably helps his game under pressure.
And all the consistently repeated elements of that stroke: unfailingly the final aim-confirming halt at the CB, the slow measured backstroke, the remarkably consistent pause at the transition to the delivery stroke, -- and his shaft, head and body remaining down and totally aligned till the full completion of his follow through on every shot.

Niels' fundamentals are outstanding! Well worth emulating by any improvement-minded player.

Arnaldo

Lesh
07-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Nice... very nice.

Best come back Ive ever seen was 1991 US Open 9-ball
Mike Sigel getting 9-2 on Nicky Varner.... corner-hooked.

Mr Varner chewed bubblegum and kicked butt. 12-10 I think

You guys should watch it, get it at Accu-stats.... you think you know the ending to that match, but ya dont.

Grady Mathews and Buddy Hall commenting on it. Grady was in rare form.

Lesh

7forlife
07-27-2016, 11:49 AM
My thoughts and prays go out to the young man who missed THAT 8 ball and fell victim to that outcome and to have it conjured here in this forum.

p.s.
Are you kidding me, dude you dogged that 8 and every break thereafter but hey we're human and this shows valuable points on both sides.

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 12:35 PM
niels was actually down 9-3 in this match, and in alternating breaks 9b, not only was it a great comeback by him but also a great collapse by his opponent.

best,
brian kc

pt109
07-27-2016, 01:42 PM
niels was actually down 9-3 in this match, and in alternating breaks 9b, not only was it a great comeback by him but also a great collapse by his opponent.

best,
brian kc

That's what I DON'T like about alternating breaks at a championship level.....
....you need your opponent's co-operation to make a come-back.
THIS AINT THE APA

Best recovery I've seen was by Bob Vanover playing Frank Tullos on the Miz Tour.
Bob was down 10-1 and won 11-10....with very little co-operation from Frank.

RussPrince
07-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Ehh I see nothing special here. Games like these are generally coin flips anyways as proven by his 6 to 10 deficit to begin with. The vid starts with the guy missing a simple 8 ball which would have sent Feijen packing. He missed it.. So what? Feijen gets a head instead of a tails. Opps he got 4 more heads after that. Boring. To much luck and swings in 9-ball for it truly to be skill vs skill. It's always who got luckiest.

asbani
07-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Ehh I see nothing special here. Games like these are generally coin flips anyways as proven by his 6 to 10 deficit to begin with. The vid starts with the guy missing a simple 8 ball which would have sent Feijen packing. He missed it.. So what? Feijen gets a head instead of a tails. Opps he got 4 more heads after that. Boring. To much luck and swings in 9-ball for it truly to be skill vs skill. It's always who got luckiest.

I agree completely with this post, this is a flaw in pool as a whole in my opinion which is why pool doesn't usually show who's best or better play by sheer fact of who won, it doesn't usually tell you the whole story. That guy started off my missing a simple 8 ball which would made Feijen lose it 11 to 6, but yes Feijen kept making shots and the other guy kept messing around even with Alternative break, so you could instead of saying "Come back of Neils" you could aswell say "The messup of that otherguy whoever his name is"

Everybody can run out in pool, and this pool flaw stims from the messup of your opponent which made pool in the state that it is right now, no money, no big prize, no fame, no sponsors.

I know people might hate me on this comment, but it is the truth, pool has no champion, it has who's day is it today to win it. basically everybody can run out, and sometimes they don't, simple as that. :(