PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Rory Hendrickson

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 05:03 AM
Here is a guy that devoted most of his time to raising a daughter, and being General Manager of Fargo Billiards, sitting at the top of the US Open 8 ball.

Hopefully it is Shane and him playing tonight. Great friends, who have played thousands of games together. We could call it the border war, North Dakota vs South Dakota.

Congrats my friend, bring this one home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molinatx4206
07-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Here is a guy that devoted most of his time to raising a daughter, and being General Manager of Fargo Billiards, sitting at the top of the US Open 8 ball.

Hopefully it is Shane and him playing tonight. Great friends, who have played thousands of games together. We could call it the border war, North Dakota vs South Dakota.

Congrats my friend, bring this one home

He played solid agaimst bowman taking a 5-0 lead only to let it get away from him. Bowman was up 8-7 running out only to play poor on the 8 amd dogged it. After rory ran it, he took a break at hill hill and responded with am BNR. Showed a lot of heart and composure. Never heard of him before and am now very much a fan. Good luck rory!

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 06:02 AM
Doesn't play much anymore. That might change now that Jessica has graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRussell
07-25-2016, 07:06 AM
I loved watching the Bowman-Hendrickson match. Every rack was a struggle lol.

Bill S
07-25-2016, 08:43 AM
I loved watching the Bowman-Hendrickson match. Every rack was a struggle lol.

I was the referee for the hot seat match. Rory deserves to be sitting in the hot seat. He's playing better than I've ever seen him play!

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 09:19 AM
He ran 11 racks in 9 ball against me one night on a 9 foot Gabriel, and I was racking.

BRussell
07-25-2016, 10:08 AM
He's beaten Tyler Brandom, Hunter Lombardo, Brandon Shuff, Thorsten Hohmann, Josh Roberts, and Jess Bowman to get to the finals. He'll probably have his toughest match in the finals though. How awesome would it be if he won?

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Looking forward to Rory and Shane. It will be fun to listen to them next time we go for supper.

daylate$short
07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
OK, so it's $16.99 for the final day.

How many matches will be streamed?

Charlie

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
http://www.ctsondemand.com/mobilebracketviewer.aspx?BracketID=96297573-4557-4202-aa9e-673386246898

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 10:44 AM
4 unless Rory loses first set then 5

GideonF
07-25-2016, 11:19 AM
He ran 11 racks in 9 ball against me one night on a 9 foot Gabriel, and I was racking.

Did you watch the hot seat match? How did Rory's play compare to his usual game?

I ask because the commentators observed that he looked very nervous, which certainly seemed to be case. He scrambled his way to win with some professional shots, so I'm not knocking him - just trying to determine if what we saw was his A game (and he's just a scrambler) or it was at least partly nerves.

AtLarge
07-25-2016, 11:27 AM
4 unless Rory loses first set then 5

That's what the flowchart would lead you to believe. But I have my doubts, for the following reasons:

Last year it was a single extended race (to 11 instead of 9) in the finals. Orcollo came from the losers' side to win that single set.

This year's US Open 10-Ball event was a single extended race (to 13 instead of 10) in the finals. Van Boening came from the losers' side to win that single set.

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Did you watch the hot seat match? How did Rory's play compare to his usual game?

I ask because the commentators observed that he looked very nervous, which certainly seemed to be case. He scrambled his way to win with some professional shots, so I'm not knocking him - just trying to determine if what we saw was his A game (and he's just a scrambler) or it was at least partly nerves.

I watched the match. I have played him thousands of games and watched even more. I would say that was about average for him

He isn't a scrambler. He is a pattern player. He always talks lines.

I am sure he was a little nervous as he hasn't been in a situation like that in years

On the other side, Jesse is definitely a gunslinger. Since they have played each other for years with one being fast and the other not I think it had an effect on both games.

By the way a little plug for the Joseys. Rory plays with a Keith Josey

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 11:54 AM
That's what the flowchart would lead you to believe. But I have my doubts, for the following reasons:

Last year it was a single extended race (to 11 instead of 9) in the finals. Orcollo came from the losers' side to win that single set.

This year's US Open 10-Ball event was a single extended race (to 13 instead of 10) in the finals. Van Boening came from the losers' side to win that single set.

I understand what you are saying, I was only going by Jay saying that Shane had a good opportunity to double dip Rory

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Correct Jay just stated the finals will be a one set match to 11

JoeyA
07-25-2016, 02:34 PM
Go RORY!

JoeyA

couldnthinkof01
07-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Very cool to see an amateur go so deep.

Rory is a great bb 8ball player, hope he gets all the rolls.

robsnotes4u
07-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Awesome job.

Lynch
07-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Congrats to Rory, he's been known to be a monster in the midwest for many years. 2nd place in that field wasn't bad at all.

JoeyA
07-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Fargo Rate predicted a score of 11-6 in favor of Shane Van Boening.

JoeyA

Cornerman
07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I understand what you are saying, I was only going by Jay saying that Shane had a good opportunity to double dip Rory

Since I was with Jay when he said it, Jay said that Shane had a chance to double dip the tournaments. That is, he'd get the two titles. Guarantee that's what he was saying

Freddie

BRussell
07-25-2016, 10:14 PM
That's what I heard too, cornerman - and very nice job commentating. Usually there's a lot of complanning about commentators, but not this year.

jay helfert
07-26-2016, 04:13 AM

By "double dip" I was referring to Shane having an opportunity to win both tournaments.
P.S. Rory came out strong in the Finals, taking a 3-0 lead. He looked comfortable and focused. Shane had to turn it up a gear to put some heat on him, and he did!

robsnotes4u
07-26-2016, 04:23 AM
Since I was with Jay when he said it, Jay said that Shane had a chance to double dip the tournaments. That is, he'd get the two titles. Guarantee that's what he was saying

Freddie

Makes sense, I heard wrong. Great job commentating matches by the both of you

robsnotes4u
07-26-2016, 04:25 AM
I can't wait to go out for supper with them both. Should be some good ribbing. Great job by the guys getting the background of these two and letting everyone know. They both have a lot of respect for each other.

Cornerman
07-26-2016, 06:51 AM
That's what I heard too, cornerman - and very nice job commentating. Usually there's a lot of complanning about commentators, but not this year.

LOL! I was convinced nobody was watching since there were no blasting posts on the commentating!

Thanks. The production on the stream is the best I've worked with, and I think it will only get better. The crew is a great team with a common goal: to put out a great product.

My fellow commentators (Jay Helfert and Arizona's George Teyechea) are fantastic.

Freddie

BRussell
07-26-2016, 07:30 AM
LOL! I was convinced nobody was watching since there were no blasting posts on the commentating!

Thanks. The production on the stream is the best I've worked with, and I think it will only get better. The crew is a great team with a common goal: to put out a great product.

My fellow commentators (Jay Helfert and Arizona's George Teyechea) are fantastic.

Freddie

There was obviously an emphasis this year on being "down to business" and focusing on the table, and minimizing going off on tangents, which I think is a good thing. I heard a few times what seemed like you trying to bring George back to business. :wink:

skins
12-15-2016, 07:15 AM
Just a little bump for a great run for Rory! Wish I was there to get some shots of him and his Josey "Blade" cue.:)

mikepage
12-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Just a little bump for a great run for Rory! Wish I was there to get some shots of him and his Josey "Blade" cue.:)

lol... Just so happens I have him at league now. League games are tough since that tournament, because it is a foul if you hit the trophy...

robsnotes4u
12-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Lol

skins
12-16-2016, 05:01 AM
lol... Just so happens I have him at league now. League games are tough since that tournament, because it is a foul if you hit the trophy...

The trophy on the table is his opponents spot..lol

Thanks for the pic. It'll go into the Josey archive. :)