Listen what he says about MC. Johnnyt

Johnnyt
07-27-2016, 10:05 AM
https://www.facebook.com/playCSI/videos/10153815131826794/

Listen what he says about MC. Johnnyt

PS: Toasty interview first.

Jagr Fan
07-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Very poor transmission of the video....constant buffering which made it very hard to watch all of it...?? Anyone else experience the same thing...??

pwd72s
07-27-2016, 10:21 AM
After a few minutes a window came up telling me to sign in to facebook.

I don't facebook or tweet..

Johnnyt
07-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Plays good on my machine...sorry. I just cut and pasted from SVB FB. Johnnyt

9Ballr
07-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Elk Master Milk Dud........hmmmmm......I see........

Johnnyt
07-27-2016, 10:29 AM
For the ones that can't get video, he said, U.S has NO chance with 9 ball on spot. Johnnyt

Dimeball
07-27-2016, 10:45 AM
SVB sure seems fed up with the politics today. Just terrible that it's ruining the game for someone who is great for the game. He would be the ideal icon to promote pool, clean cut seemingly nice guy who hasn't squandered away his winnings. Oh, and the story to go with it, considering his hearing. The only thing keeping him hanging around is love for the game. Sucks, prolly done in 5 years and this forum will be left to wonder just how many more titles he could've won.
Do what makes you happy kid, don't play for anyone else!

boogeyman
07-27-2016, 10:59 AM
...Do what makes you happy kid, don't play for anyone else!

How true!
IMO there are four types of professional players (with an example).

1) Those that pick up the game later in life and play over the long haul (DiLiberto)
2) Those that start young and then burn out quickly (McCready)
3) Those that start young, play over the long haul,
but don't manage themselves nor their game well (Strickland, among many others)
4) Those that start young, play over the long haul,
and DO manage themselves and their game well (Mizerak)

SVB is on track for category No. 4.

However, if he decides to hang up the professional stick to pursue other interests,
I would commend him for it.

In which case, he would be one of the few best pool players to have ever negotiated
the game in this manner.

Good for SVB!

Kris_b1104
07-27-2016, 12:06 PM
I love that he is humble enough to admit that he thinks he cannot beat Alex Pagulayan in an all-around match. Not alot of people would admit something like that.

Aside from that, his confidence level seems very low right now and that doesn't bode well for the upcoming World 9 Ball Championship attempt. It seems that he is burnt out and fishing more than traveling and playing pool, which I don't disagree with. Hopefully he can pull off a miracle. Win the World 9 ball, drop your cue and walk away.

jasonlaus
07-27-2016, 12:26 PM
For the ones that can't get video, he said, U.S has NO chance with 9 ball on spot. Johnnyt

He coulda stopped at chance

Bella Don't Cry
07-27-2016, 01:49 PM

Have too agree with him...
Although I will keep to my prediction that USA will win in 2017 on home turf :thumbup:

Bella Don't Cry
07-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Don't know if it's me or not, but SVB seems low on moral and the whole pool scene at the moment. Perhaps he really does need to take a couple of years out and hope the USA steps up their game in the pool world... :thumbup:

Johnnyt
07-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Very easy for Matchroom to see if he's right or wrong...put the 1 ball on the spot and lets see what happens. Also let them break from anywhere behind the line and break at the speed they want.

But really the game should be 10 ball. JMO. Johnnyt

bdorman
07-27-2016, 03:01 PM
... his confidence level seems very low right now and that doesn't bode well for the upcoming World 9 Ball Championship attempt. It seems that he is burnt out ...

[B]... but SVB seems low on moral and the whole pool scene at the moment. ...

I think people get the wrong impression because SVB is a VERY laid back guy. Commentators always say "he looks tired sitting in the chair...". Yes, he looks that way because he has one of those "sleepy eyes" kind of faces. He's not a steely-eyed concentrator like Johnny Archer or others. He slouches and always looks like he's about to nod off. But you can't judge a book by its cover.

Kris_b1104
07-27-2016, 03:21 PM
I think people get the wrong impression because SVB is a VERY laid back guy. Commentators always say "he looks tired sitting in the chair...". Yes, he looks that way because he has one of those "sleepy eyes" kind of faces. He's not a steely-eyed concentrator like Johnny Archer or others. He slouches and always looks like he's about to nod off. But you can't judge a book by its cover.

Um, I'm not judging him by his mannerisms, but solely on the words that are coming out of his mouth.

westcoast
07-27-2016, 04:03 PM
I love that he is humble enough to admit that he thinks he cannot beat Alex Pagulayan in an all-around match. Not alot of people would admit something like that.

Aside from that, his confidence level seems very low right now and that doesn't bode well for the upcoming World 9 Ball Championship attempt. It seems that he is burnt out and fishing more than traveling and playing pool, which I don't disagree with. Hopefully he can pull off a miracle. Win the World 9 ball, drop your cue and walk away.

I think he was just being realistic in terms of Alex. However, outside of one pocket I think svb would be favored in most other games. Shane is very confident but not stupid- he knows his chances would be low against Alex in one pocket

Dimeball
07-27-2016, 05:32 PM
I think he was just being realistic in terms of Alex. However, outside of one pocket I think svb would be favored in most other games. Shane is very confident but not stupid- he knows his chances would be low against Alex in one pocket
Winner break format for 9 / 10 ball and I'd say SVB is favorite against the world, especially in a long race.

jasonlaus
07-27-2016, 05:32 PM

I'd take Shane in this match anytime

Jason

westcoast
07-27-2016, 07:36 PM
I think there are really three known players that could be in the argument for best all around player in the world- svb, Alex, and Dennis orcullo

9Ballr
07-27-2016, 07:56 PM
I think there are really three known players that could be in the argument for best all around player in the world- svb, Alex, and Dennis orcullo

Dennis?????

Hahahaha......... Good one

PoolBum
07-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Take every player in top form, and Alex is the best all-around player in the world, IMO.

gxman
07-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Dennis?????

Hahahaha......... Good one

Dennis has been winning plenty of tournaments. Last two big 1p tournament, lost to Alex in the finals of one and won the other. Beat Ko 10b race to 100 on a tight table.

Tied with Shane for 2nd for master of table in the recent DCC and has won it recently too.

It's been a while now, but Dennis actually beat Shane and Darren in a TAR all-around match.

So I'm not seeing how that is funny.

Kris_b1104
07-28-2016, 06:17 AM
I'd pick Darren, Shane, Alex or Dennis in an all-around against anyone if there was a gun to my head.

Jimbojim
07-28-2016, 06:36 AM
I think I'd have to pick Alex as well.

SJDinPHX
07-28-2016, 06:37 AM
I'd pick Darren, Shane, Alex or Dennis in an all-around against anyone if there was a gun to my head.

At their level, there is no clear cut favorite.. But I would rank Dennis slightly below the other three, in a long cash race, (most days)..especially at 1P.

PS..But, for all around ability, tenacity and will to win, its hard to bet against Alex!

billiardthought
07-28-2016, 06:42 AM
At their level, there is no clear cut favorite.. But I would rank Dennis slightly below the other three, in a long cash race, (most days).. Especially at 1P.

I would bet on robocop over darren in one pocket for my next couple paychecks.

SJDinPHX
07-28-2016, 06:55 AM
I would bet on robocop over darren in one pocket for my next couple paychecks.

That is Darren's weakest game, but he is not completely helpless at it!..If they ever play, I could be enticed into a wager with very slight odds! (how big are your paychecks??? ;))

PS..The other two, (Shane and Alex) I would take at even money over D.O.!

billiardthought
07-28-2016, 07:01 AM
At their level, there is no clear cut favorite.. But I would rank Dennis slightly below the other three, in a long cash race, (most days)..especially at 1P.

That is Darren's weakest game, but he is not completely helpless at it!..If they ever play, I could be enticed into a wager with very slight odds! (how big are your paychecks??? ;))

So which is it? Do you place Darren above robocop (see first quote) or do you place robocop above darren (see second quote)?

SJDinPHX
07-28-2016, 07:09 AM
So which is it? Do you place Darren above robocop (see first quote) or do you place robocop above darren (see second quote)?

I clarified my first post, with my second..(1P specifically)..There are a LOT of other games, on different size tables, that I would bet on Darren playing even! :eek:

jay helfert
07-28-2016, 07:49 AM
P.S. FYI none of them would play an all around (including 14.1) for big money with Dennis. And Dennis would with any of them! Alex and Shane don't want Dennis!

Kris_b1104
07-28-2016, 09:10 AM
P.S. FYI none of them would play an all around (including 14.1) for big money with Dennis. And Dennis would with any of them! Alex and Shane don't want Dennis!

Maybe they don't want a half-dead handshake after they whoop him.

:cool:

Cornerman
07-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Um, I'm not judging him by his mannerisms, but solely on the words that are coming out of his mouth.

He was pretty happy throughout the interview.

Freddie

SJDinPHX
07-30-2016, 10:45 AM
He was pretty happy throughout the interview.

Freddie

Dennis has always been a happy winner..Its his losses that make him look like a whiney, spoiled brat!..That is why he will never be a popular champion! JMHO