PDA

View Full Version : New Problem On AZ RE: Picture Posting Size

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 05:45 PM
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem with posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100kb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100kb or less otherwise no go.

bigger problems in the world, I know, but this is pretty dog gone inconvenient.

anyone else notice this recent change?

or better yet, have a getaround that doesn't require boing back and forth in and out of photo programs to trim down to post?

best,
brian kc

Chopdoc
07-27-2016, 05:54 PM
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100mb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100mb or less otherwise no go.

or better yet, have a getaround that doesn't require boing back and forth in and out of photo programs to trim down to post?

best,
brian kc

I have noticed.

I can tell you it has stopped me from posting two cues in the gallery in the past few days.

I am on here while I am working, so I am multitasking, and I generally don't have much time to deal with "workarounds", so I didn't try anything.

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 05:58 PM
I have noticed.

I can tell you it has stopped me from posting two cues in the gallery in the past few days.

I am on here while I am working, so I am multitasking, and I generally don't have much time to deal with "workarounds", so I didn't try anything.

exactly, doc.

I have given up on posting 3 or 4 times recently because I don't want to spend the extra time and I'm not enamored with downsizing pics I have saved in my library.

Wish the Admins would put it back where it was, if poss.

thx,
brian kc

RADAR
07-27-2016, 06:02 PM
me too! got in new cue share. guess will not happen. cant even download my old pics from before posted on az!

cubswin
07-27-2016, 06:03 PM
I use
http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

which is free, and you can make photo's smaller just by opening and then doing "save as" and sliding the quality slider bar down. Doesn't really make a big difference in the viewable image, but does make it considerably smaller in size. Takes about 30 seconds.

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 06:08 PM
I use

which is free, and you can make photo's smaller just by opening and then doing "save as" and sliding the quality slider bar down. Doesn't really make a big difference in the viewable image, but does make it considerably smaller in size. Takes about 30 seconds.

but if you have an entire library of pool related items incl cues it is an extra step, or lots of extra steps to move to a new service and then some pics I would hate to alter the quality.

the way we had it here until very recently was great.

why not keep that?

WildWing
07-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Yep, I've noticed. On Windows, I used to be able to post four pictures that were Large Document size.

Now, no Large Document size seems to be allowed. Small Document seems to be the biggest you can post. And I'm not sure how many.

Maybe a lack of bandwidth? I thought that was a problem of the 90s...... ???

All the best,
WW

mortuarymike-nv
07-27-2016, 06:15 PM
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/insider_zpsnacm5nzr.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/insider_zpsnacm5nzr.jpg.html)
I use photo bucket

cubswin
07-27-2016, 06:21 PM
but if you have an entire library of pool related items incl cues it is an extra step, or lots of extra steps to move to a new service and then some pics I would hate to alter the quality.

the way we had it here until very recently was great.

why not keep that?

Why not pm Mike and ask him?

AzHousePro
07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

cubswin
07-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Over 100k you get this

"Your file of 115.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

That was for a jpg file type.

AzHousePro
07-27-2016, 06:45 PM
And in the past it was allowing it on files that were just a little over?

Mike

cubswin
07-27-2016, 06:52 PM

Mike

I don't think I've gotten a file size error in forever.

desi2960
07-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Last couple cues I tried to list for sale, I had problems putting up photos, so I just sold them on facebook. I love azb but it seems like they keep changing things to make more of a pain in the ass for members to use. I'm on here less and less.

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 07:18 PM

Mike

yes, Mike, it did not allow ones that were way over size to post but like 110k 115k maybe even 125k were okay.

thanks,
brian kc

Kickin' Chicken
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/insider_zpsnacm5nzr.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/insider_zpsnacm5nzr.jpg.html)
I use photo bucket

showoff! :grin-square:

chopped 32 ford?

Hits 'em Hard
07-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

Mike

I used to be able to attach pictures via my phone without having to resize them first. Pics run around 700kb and I believe were resized server side during upload. Now, not the case anymore.

mortuarymike-nv
07-27-2016, 07:33 PM
showoff! :grin-square:

chopped 32 ford?

I don't know what year or make the car is ,I just like taking photographs .
I have a photobucket account , and not having issues posting any of my photos .

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/yellow%202_zpsjarxun1o.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/yellow%202_zpsjarxun1o.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/yellow%203_zpsotgvtme1.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/yellow%203_zpsotgvtme1.jpg.html)

Kid Dynomite
07-27-2016, 07:39 PM
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem with posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100kb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100kb or less otherwise no go.

best,
brian kc

click here for a work around

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5274663&postcount=22

hope this helped!!!

Kd

Str8PoolPlayer
07-27-2016, 07:40 PM
exactly, doc.

I have given up on posting 3 or 4 times recently because I don't want to spend the extra time and I'm not enamored with downsizing pics I have saved in my library.

Wish the Admins would put it back where it was, if poss.

thx,
brian kc

I am no longer able to post my Ferrari pic as my avatar.
Why, then, am I paying for Gold Membership ? :confused::confused::confused:

Str8PoolPlayer
07-27-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't know what year or make the car is ,I just like taking photographs .
I have a photobucket account , and not having issues posting any of my photos .

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/yellow%202_zpsjarxun1o.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/yellow%202_zpsjarxun1o.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/yellow%203_zpsotgvtme1.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/yellow%203_zpsotgvtme1.jpg.html)

1937 Ford ... I have owned a few, and hated the mechanical brakes.

commswatch
07-27-2016, 07:53 PM
I don't think I've gotten a file size error in forever.

Until recently, I've never gotten a file size error...regardless how big the pic was.

mortuarymike-nv
07-27-2016, 08:41 PM
1937 Ford ... I have owned a few, and hated the mechanical brakes.

One of those where you had to stand on the brake pedal huh .

Str8PoolPlayer
07-27-2016, 10:11 PM
One of those where you had to stand on the brake pedal huh .

You are gonna love this story about the '37 Ford I had while stationed at NAS North Island,
San Diego in 1961.
It had a '48 Merc Flathead, pumped up to the max with Edelbrock Heads, Intake, & Cam, and (3) Stromberg '97 Carbs. Faster than a scalded dog bein' chased thru a butcher shop, it was. However, it still had those terrible mechanical brakes. A-ha !, I came up with a plan.
An old timer had told me that a 1950-51 Ford Coupe "Juice Brake" system was a direct bolt-in replacement ..... so, I went shopping ... hee, hee, hee :grin-square:

Since Military Pay was the shits, I had to use my "Five Finger Discount" to procure said parts & pieces. During off-duty hours, I drove all over greater San Diego looking for a donor car, hee, hee :grin-square:
As luck would have it, I found the perfect victim (um, car) in the Main San Diego Police Department employee parking lot :eek: So, I returned to the base and gathered up all of the equipment (jack, blocks, plenty of hand tools, etc.) I enlisted my fellow mechanic (partner in crime) to help liberate that brake system in its entirety ... pedal, master cylinder, brake lines, front spindles with backing plates/cylinders, rear backing plates/cylinders.
You have to appreciate that we performed this entire criminal activity in broad daylight, with people coming and going in that lot the whole time. We wore coveralls from the Base, so we looked like we were repairing that Ford. We fled the scene with our loot, returned to the Base, and proceeded to swap out the brake systems. Piece of Cake, if I do say so myself.
You know what they say about crooks returning to the scene of the crime ? NOT ME !!!

Note: I carried my precious Harvey Martin Cue in that car .... so, this is Pool Related

StrokeofLuck
07-28-2016, 04:08 AM

I was going to start a thread on this myself and did mention it in another one. I used to be able to post pics a lot larger than the 100 KB via the attachment function. You can see by the FS threads going on right now that it's a problem for lots of posters. It's probably not helping the dwindling base of sellers here. Hopefully you can get it figured out.

TeeA
07-28-2016, 05:12 AM
In this technical day and age, ridiculous to have every poster of pics go through this especially when we had the capability in the past.

Atlatlien
07-28-2016, 05:30 AM
In the Funny Pics thread, the majority are hosted (for free) on Imgur (www.imgur.com), then the image is embedded using the Insert Image button.

This saves AZB from having to host and store all these images themselves by using the upload function (which limits not only size but number of pictures).

Click the quote button to see how this image is formatted.

https://i.imgur.com/q8FGg7ol.jpg

Maxx
07-28-2016, 05:39 AM
I am no longer able to post my Ferrari pic as my avatar.
Why, then, am I paying for Gold Membership ? :confused::confused::confused:

Same thing for me, I tried to go back to an old avatar that I had used and it was now too large. I don't want to use an image hosting service so I guess I just have to resize them.

No biggie, just wondering what changed.

JAM
07-28-2016, 07:42 AM
I actually prefer the smaller picture sizes. When folks post large photos, you have to use a slider bar to go from east to west. Not everybody uses a 45-inch computer screen, so the smaller size, at least for me, is welcomed. :)

KissedOut
07-28-2016, 09:34 AM

IMO the REAL picture problem is when someone posts a large picture that exceeds the horizontal size of the screen and renders a whole page of posts almost unreadable because you have to constantly scroll horizontally to read all of the other posts. A good example is in page 2 of the lasik thread. The guy who sells billiard glasses posts a huge picture of his product and, as a result, in order to read any of the other posts on the whole of page 2 you have to constantly scroll horizontally.

Either the large pictures that exceed the horizontal screen size (or at least a reasonable narrow size, if the horizontal width is device dependent) need to be resized, or the feature that automatically formats text to the widest post on the page needs to be tweaked to not allow wide pictures to screw up the formatting of all of the other posts on that page.

justadub
07-28-2016, 09:37 AM
I actually prefer the smaller picture sizes. When folks post large photos, you have to use a slider bar to go from east to west. Not everybody uses a 45-inch computer screen, so the smaller size, at least for me, is welcomed. :)

Agreed! :thumbup:

Nine ... corner
07-28-2016, 10:42 AM
With all due respect to JAM and dub I disagree. As some of you may know, I post a lot of pictures and I find it to be a pain in the butt! :(

justadub
07-28-2016, 10:47 AM
With all due respect to JAM and dub I disagree. As some of you may know, I post a lot of pictures and I find it to be a pain in the butt! :(

I'm sorry it's difficult to do. That's the heck of it.

I do find it to be a pain in the tookus to have to scroll way to the right when someone posts some huge pic in the middle of a thread. On a phone that is probably as much of a pain as it is for you to have to resize the photos, especially if you go back into that thread page multiple times to continue reading.

It's too bad the site software doesn't automatically format things for everyone's benefit.

Nine ... corner
07-28-2016, 10:58 AM
It's too bad the site software doesn't automatically format things for everyone's benefit.

Now there is a good suggestion to make everyone happy. I'm no computer guru so I don't have a clue if this would be a big deal or not to put into place but it sure sounds like a great solution.

justadub
07-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Now there is a good suggestion to make everyone happy. I'm no computer guru so I don't have a clue if this would be a big deal or not to put into place but it sure sounds like a great solution.

Sadly, I expect that it isn't feasible in the software, else it would already be in effect.

pt109
07-28-2016, 11:07 AM
I post a lot of pictures and I find it to be a pain in the butt! :(

I think I see your problem, Nine...
...you're posting the pictures in the wrong place....:confused:
Try your computer.

:rotflmao1:

Nine ... corner
07-28-2016, 11:43 AM
I think I see your problem, Nine...
...you're posting the pictures in the wrong place....:confused:
Try your computer.

:rotflmao1:

Lol ... you're the best pt. I've always done it that way. Hell, I've posted so many pictures I can't even sit down anymore. :grinning-moose:

fastone371
07-28-2016, 12:33 PM

Same here!!!!

mortuarymike-nv
07-28-2016, 12:59 PM
Same here!!!!

Those people who post those big picture, are terrible :thumbup:
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/IMG_0509_1_zpscc4508cb.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/IMG_0509_1_zpscc4508cb.jpg.html)

Future wrap materials ;)

tonyboy59
07-28-2016, 01:34 PM

Agreed...since the folks that may complain about the larger pics seldom or if not do not post pics. If this continues then those folks may not have to scroll up and down because no pics will be posted by people who post a lot of pics (got all that??? ;)).

I stopped posting pics weeks ago when I was getting the same error.

justadub
07-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Agreed...since the folks that may complain about the larger pics seldom or if not do not post pics. If this continues then those folks may not have to scroll up and down because no pics will be posted by people who post a lot of pics (got all that??? ;)).

I stopped posting pics weeks ago when I was getting the same error.

Just for the sake of the argument, since our opinions here won't affect whether it gets fixed or not (I'm quite sure AZMike is trying to correct the issue)....

....the few that post pic's are inconvenienced by having to perform the work-arounds that a few people here have already suggested....

.....vs.....

everyone that reads a particular thread that includes huge pics having to squint at the extra fine type size and scroll right just to read the the complete sentences....

Do I have it correct? :p

Again, I hope that AZMike gets it corrected, and I expect that he will. There are many, many photo's posted here that are a great addition to the site, and it would be sad if folks couldn't post pics. The devils advocate in me was trying to escape.

Kickin' Chicken
07-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Just for the sake of the argument, since our opinions here won't affect whether it gets fixed or not (I'm quite sure AZMike is trying to correct the issue)....

....the few that post pic's are inconvenienced by having to perform the work-arounds that a few people here have already suggested....

.....vs.....

everyone that reads a particular thread that includes huge pics having to squint at the extra fine type size and scroll right just to read the the complete sentences....

Do I have it correct? :p

Again, I hope that AZMike gets it corrected, and I expect that he will. There are many, many photo's posted here that are a great addition to the site, and it would be sad if folks couldn't post pics. The devils advocate in me was trying to escape.

Pretty much verybody who sells on az posts pics and the cue and case gallery forum is all about pics, as well.

then there are plenty of threads in the main forum where folks like to post pics.

I think az was set up to accept and automatically resize the pics that were posted through the 'manage attachments' function, however, pics that are submitted via url or the paperclip eg photobucket methods, I think those may be the ones that get through and are l-a-r-g-e causing all of the scrolling hassles.

Not sure but speculating this may be the case.

Perhaps it's poss for az to auto size all pics coming onto the site making everyone happy? :)

pt109
07-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Pretty much verybody who sells on az posts pics and the cue and case gallery forum is all about pics, as well.

then there are plenty of threads in the main forum where folks like to post pics.

I think az was set up to accept and automatically resize the pics that were posted through the 'manage attachments' function, however, pics that are submitted via url or the paperclip eg photobucket methods, I think those may be the ones that get through and are l-a-r-g-e causing all of the scrolling hassles.

Not sure but speculating this may be the case.

Perhaps it's poss for az to auto size all pics coming onto the site making everyone happy? :)

I'm hoping for auto-size....'cause the big pics do make reading posts more difficult on my
IPad.
I've EMailed myself a few pics to re-size....but it's a drag.

Bigtruck
07-29-2016, 12:53 PM

That is a different issue. The width of a photo should not be more than 900 pixels or it causes this problem. Has nothing to do with the size of the file. 100kb is more related to the quality of the photo, not the width.

Ray

StrokeofLuck
07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
That is a different issue. The width of a photo should not be more than 900 pixels or it causes this problem. Has nothing to do with the size of the file. 100kb is more related to the quality of the photo, not the width.

Ray

Thank you, yes.:thumbup2: I have never posted one of those screen width pics and this last time I went in it said my photo was 1.03 MB and 100 KB is the max. Same camera, same size photos as I've always used in the FS section.:

RADAR
07-30-2016, 05:14 AM
Az house pro can we gold members get a pm or a big announcement please when if corrected? Thank you.

Slim Limpy
07-30-2016, 07:53 AM

AzHousePro
08-05-2016, 02:48 AM
I think I have figured out the problem and hope to be testing the solution tomorrow (Friday). Until then, I have raised the limit to 200K for images. I will have more info on this tomorrow.

Mike

mortuarymike-nv
08-05-2016, 05:09 AM
I think I have figured out the problem and hope to be testing the solution tomorrow (Friday). Until then, I have raised the limit to 200K for images. I will have more info on this tomorrow.

Mike

What ever is going on hasn't effected the members who are using photo bucket .
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/g%20ringgs_zpsxucz26qw.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/g%20ringgs_zpsxucz26qw.jpg.html)

nick serdula
08-05-2016, 05:41 AM
I use photo bucket

How do you post just the image and not your entire photo bucket account?
Double click or single click your photo.
Thank you,
Nick :)

That and sweet

mortuarymike-nv
08-05-2016, 05:53 AM
How do you post just the image and not your entire photo bucket account?
Thank you,

That and sweet

Hi,,
All the photo's I post are from my photo bucket account .
I don't know how to post photos on here without using photo bucket copy and paste .
I double L click on image on main page of photobucket account.
Then L click once on Image URL ( which makes box with URL turn yellow and say copied , then I paste to the thread AZB.
Learning photography, and like posting my photos .
http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/library/?sort=3&page=1
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/reflection_zpslwmfy0z4.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/reflection_zpslwmfy0z4.jpg.html)

nick serdula
08-05-2016, 09:20 AM
You can PM a picture by inserting the same link. It will be exclusive to that 1 photo that the link points to. If you do the exact thing in a thread you get access allowed for the library of photos in that account.
Again how do you insert a link for that photo exclusive to just that link in a thread?

Bob Farr
08-07-2016, 08:25 PM

MikeProgress on this problem? I can't post pictures anywhere on the forum.
Thanks

Kickin' Chicken
08-07-2016, 08:30 PM
test.............

just took this pic here in my rec room, Bob, did it go through? ;)

Bob Farr
08-07-2016, 10:22 PM
test.............

just took this pic here in my rec room, Bob, did it go through? ;)It did go through and it looks like you've lost a little weight! Congrats sir!!!
Thanks Brian

justinb386
08-07-2016, 11:03 PM

The images from my digital camera are like 3mb each in size. Even when I copy a small image from an ebay auction that I have listed (to place on here), the resized images are over 100kb in size.

I just upload images to Flickr (a free yahoo image sharing service), and post the link on here.

mortuarymike-nv
08-08-2016, 01:13 AM
You can PM a picture by inserting the same link. It will be exclusive to that 1 photo that the link points to. If you do the exact thing in a thread you get access allowed for the library of photos in that account.
Again how do you insert a link for that photo exclusive to just that link in a thread?

Hi Nick .

I really don't understand all of your questions .

I post my photos in 4 different forums ,
I can pm my photos in every forum I am a member of too .
All using photo bucket .

I am sure there is several ways to post photos on here ,
I am just showing my way works .
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/mortuarymike/fish%20eye%202_zpspwnakca0.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/media/fish%20eye%202_zpspwnakca0.jpg.html)

AzHousePro
08-09-2016, 01:03 AM
OK, can someone test this and tell me if it is working like it used to?

Thanks.
Mike

JAM
08-09-2016, 01:37 AM
Testing. One, two, three.

JAM
08-09-2016, 01:38 AM
I usually do *not* post big pictures. I find them annoying. I did so, however, for a test in this thread. :)

NINEBALLART
08-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Yes...It's working....I just posted a cue for sale...Thanks much...

KissedOut
08-09-2016, 09:39 AM

Feedback on fix:

The picture is too wide and causes horizontal scrolling. That wouldn't be a problem in just looking at the picture, but it screws up the justification of every other post on that page of the thread, making them very difficult to read since you have to scroll horizontally to read each line of each post on that page.

BmoreMoney
08-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Not that I really know what I'm talking about, but I do know and hate the big pics that screw up reading the posts. HOWEVER, for whatever reason the HUGE pics Mort Mike has been posting did nothing to me ability to read the posts normaly. Hope this helps.

Maxx
08-09-2016, 03:28 PM
OK, can someone test this and tell me if it is working like it used to?

Thanks.
Mike

I was able to change my avata again without resizing it first.

claymont
08-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Got two of those chairs in green:thumbup:

JC
08-09-2016, 04:27 PM
I use

This is the best answer. Take a minute and check it out all you haters. Once you are familiar it will be second nature to you.

I have been posting photos for years to forums that limit photo size like this. This forum was the only place I have ever been that allows huge photos but as jam said, they are a pain in the ass for viewing and once one is on the page the entire thread is a mess.

IMO this "bug" is a vast improvement. Learn how to shrink your pics quickly and life goes on.

JC

Hits 'em Hard
08-09-2016, 04:53 PM
This is the best answer. Take a minute and check it out all you haters. Once you are familiar it will be second nature to you.

I have been posting photos for years to forums that limit photo size like this. This forum was the only place I have ever been that allows huge photos but as jam said, they are a pain in the ass for viewing and once one is on the page the entire thread is a mess.

IMO this "bug" is a vast improvement. Learn how to shrink your pics quickly and life goes on.

JC

I did a couple test uploads of pictures that were 1.5mb or bigger. All got resized to around 150-200kb. I never hit post because I didn't need to. The error was during the manage attachments phase, not the post reply. Not sure what things did before, but Mike's change on this is perfect.

JAM
08-10-2016, 02:07 AM
Got two of those chairs in green:thumbup:

They're the best! :grin-square:

JAM
08-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Feedback on fix:

The picture is too wide and causes horizontal scrolling. That wouldn't be a problem in just looking at the picture, but it screws up the justification of every other post on that page of the thread, making them very difficult to read since you have to scroll horizontally to read each line of each post on that page.

I posted a big photo for illustrative purposes. You would *never* see me posting a huge picture in a thread. I find is extremely annoying and have complained about it bitterly in the past.

The problem is most members do not know how to make their photos smaller using the FREE software that comes with their computers or smartphone, so they don't.

As well, it depends on what size monitor you have, how big your browser window is, and how many posts per page you allow. The size of the browser window and posts per page can be adjusted.

JAM
08-10-2016, 02:17 AM
If someone posts a photo that is too big and you find it annoying, you can change the amount of posts per page by clicking USER CP up at the top.

Then scroll down on the left-hand side to the SETTINGS AND OPTIONS section. Under there, click EDIT OPTIONS.

Scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS and change the amount of posts per page, as depicted where I have the red arrow. I have mine set on 20. If you encounter a big photo posted by a member that is too large, change the amount to 5 and continue reading. Soon you will be on a new page without that big photo.

KissedOut
08-10-2016, 10:07 AM
I posted a big photo for illustrative purposes. You would *never* see me posting a huge picture in a thread. I find is extremely annoying and have complained about it bitterly in the past.

The problem is most members do not know how to make their photos smaller using the FREE software that comes with their computers or smartphone, so they don't.

As well, it depends on what size monitor you have, how big your browser window is, and how many posts per page you allow. The size of the browser window and posts per page can be adjusted.

I thought you were testing out the "fix" and was just giving feedback, not blaming you.

I access AZB on a laptop in full screen, so if a picture causes me problems I'd imagine it does so for lots of other folks as well.

Thanks for the # of posts per page tip. It would be nice if the software fixed the problem intrinsically, but it is always good to have a workaround in the meantime.