PDA

View Full Version : Pros should demand better sponsorship

Brags
07-28-2017, 02:28 AM
The payouts at some of these tournaments is ridiculous. How much are these players being sponsored to make going to these things worth their time?
http://thepoolscene.com/joss-northeast-9-ball/turning-stone-classic-payouts

That is basically the same payout as the world horseshoe throwing championships lol.
http://www.horseshoepitching.com/wrld_rpt_16.html

hotelyorba
07-28-2017, 02:36 AM
Who do you suggest they get this increased sponsorship from? Maybe they should start wearing Nike apparel and get a 7-figure sponsordeal from them. Think that'll work?

Brags
07-28-2017, 02:40 AM
Who do you suggest they get this increased sponsorship from? Maybe they should start wearing Nike apparel and get a 7-figure sponsordeal from them. Think that'll work?

Well I'm pretty sure with all the cue companies, table manufacturers, accessories that the pool industry is pulling in more revenues than the horseshoe throwing business.

sammylane12
07-28-2017, 03:52 AM
The payouts at some of these tournaments is ridiculous. How much are these players being sponsored to make going to these things worth their time?

That is basically the same payout as the world horseshoe throwing championships lol.

Will not happen, players have no leverage.

pdcue
07-28-2017, 04:12 AM
Well I'm pretty sure with all the cue companies, table manufacturers, accessories that the pool industry is pulling in more revenues than the horseshoe throwing business.

New to pool are we?

Dale

Type79
07-28-2017, 04:36 AM
... the pool industry is pulling in more revenues than the horseshoe throwing business.

Good observation. You've identified one of the few.

jasonlaus
07-28-2017, 04:52 AM
You can't be this stupid???? Troll on my brother, first beer is on me.
Jason

Black-Balled
07-28-2017, 05:38 AM
New to pool are we?

Dale

Look a lot like poo-chump to me...
RAM it, baby.

mchnhed
07-28-2017, 05:47 AM
RAM it, baby.
No. He is right here.

mchnhed
07-28-2017, 05:50 AM

Another gladiator enters the arena!

Black-Balled
07-28-2017, 05:51 AM
No. He, is right here.

It would not surprise me if you are too.

You contend you are in CA...yet you are posting before 6am?

jasonlaus
07-28-2017, 05:55 AM

I'm still up bro :) not by choice though, havent slept more than 5 hrs since i moved here. Sucks. Hope you're good
Jason

garczar
07-28-2017, 05:58 AM
I'm still up bro :) not by choice though, havent slept more than 5 hrs since i moved here. Sucks. Hope you're good
JasonYou left Fl for Cali.? Better job i hope.

Black-Balled
07-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Jason

But he posts all day and you go to bed.

Plus, remember that time you came to the tourney to hand with me and roger? Naw, me neither.

mchnhed
07-28-2017, 06:06 AM
RAM it, baby.
No. He is right here.
We have to get ready for the 1-1/2 hour drive to work!
It's a whole 28 miles to be at at work by 8am.

Black-Balled
07-28-2017, 06:09 AM
We have to get ready for the 1-1/2 hour drive to work!

I hear ya. I have alwahs had a simar commute, then got a new job not too long ago with a 15 min commute. 45min, on my widdle bicycle.

I would absolutely encourage everyone to eliminate as much commute as possible. Quality of life improves dramatically.

jasonlaus
07-28-2017, 06:12 AM
You left Fl for Cali.? Better job i hope.

Vegas! Be in Syracuse NY soon, maybe 2 years :( grrrrrrrr. And I do/don't remember too BB. Since I'm single again, it couldn't have hurt for me to come out

Brags
07-28-2017, 06:16 AM
No. He is right here.
:thumbup:

Will not happen, players have no leverage.
Sure they do...they can refuse to play in events. They can stop endorsing products for free.

Another gladiator enters the arena!
Sure has...I am going to enter the US open next year just to make a point about it. If I get to the final table I will grab the mic and let everyone know the situation of professional pool. I will then proceed to play the final with a broom stick of which I will have as a sponsorship from just to prove that the cue isn't all that important.

jasonlaus
07-28-2017, 06:20 AM

Sure they do...they can refuse to play in events. They can stop endorsing products for free.

Sure has...I am going to enter the US open next year just to make a point about it. If I get to the final table I will grab the mic and let everyone know the situation of professional pool. I will then proceed to play the final with a broom stick of which I will have as a sponsorship from just to prove that the cue isn't all that important.

Shit son, you can start with me today.
Jason

garczar
07-28-2017, 06:27 AM

Sure has...I am going to enter the US open next year just to make a point about it. If I get to the final table I will grab the mic and let everyone know the situation of professional pool. I will then proceed to play the final with a broom stick of which I will have as a sponsorship from just to prove that the cue isn't all that important.Not even a broom company is gonna sponsor your crazy a^*. Maybe whoever makes lithium and Thorazine would back you.