PDA

View Full Version : Mirror system foul

Brags
07-29-2017, 09:09 PM
https://youtu.be/qKdBhPg01VA?t=45m42s

Shane is measuring it here with his hand and his cue. This should not be allowed. You should have to do this just by eyeing it. I have seen Mika do the same. Foul. He then proceeds to lay his cue down on the table to line up the shot...touching his tip to the contact point on the rail...also should be a foul.

HawaiianEye
07-29-2017, 09:11 PM
You are a "foul".

Hopefully, in time, they will "foul ball" you out of the game.

jasonlaus
07-29-2017, 09:25 PM
You are a "foul".

Hopefully, in time, they will "foul ball" you out of the game.

Stupid do what stupid do

pt109
07-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Now here's a fowl we can all agree on.....now get some rest, Brags

Brags
07-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Now here's a fowl we can all agree on.....now get some rest, Brags

Ha ha..yes. We can revisit this tomorrow.

Tony_in_MD
07-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Brags,

Congrats! You have made my ignore list, you are in great company as you are the only one in it.

:thumbup:

markjames
07-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Well. Since it is svb and efren reyes at derby city vs. you, i will vote you down. That's just me, keep those good ideas coming, and have a nice day.

garczar
07-30-2017, 04:28 AM
Brags,

Congrats! You have made my ignore list, you are in great company as you are the only one in it.

:thumbup:I've got 4 on mine. Brags is the newest member. Whoever came up with the ignore feature is a genius. Every forum/chat should have it. The entertainment value of these trolls is short-lived and then its off to "ignorville".

mchnhed
07-30-2017, 04:48 AM
How can you look at yourself in the mirror each morning?

Shane is measuring it here with his hand and his cue. This should not be allowed. You should have to do this just by eyeing it. I have seen Mika do the same. Foul. He then proceeds to lay his cue down on the table to line up the shot...touching his tip to the contact point on the rail...also should be a foul.

mchnhed
07-30-2017, 04:59 AM
Brags,
I'm going to assume you would not allow this during a game?
https://youtu.be/QaYJe62_KXQ
No diamonds.
No measuring.
No marking of table.
No chalk on the rail.

Cracktherack
07-30-2017, 05:41 AM
I'm certain Shane is well aware of BCA rules, as is Efren and the referee.
It's a foul to measure a distance with the cue ball. (such as an opening between the rail and a ball)
It's a foul to lay your cue on the table as an aiming device.....if you take your hand off it. Some with the bridge.

If you feel like criticizing anyone about rules, you should learn them first.
My rules are; you cheat me and shark me with phony rules, it turns ugly on you in short order.

Brags
07-30-2017, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Cracktherack;5936438
It's a foul to measure a distance with the cue ball. (such as an opening between the rail and a ball)
It's a foul to lay your cue on the table as an aiming device.....if you take your hand off it. [/QUOTE]

What's the difference? The point is none of this should be permitted.

owll
07-30-2017, 08:48 AM
how do you use ignore function? (im having trouble finding it)

Tony_in_MD
07-30-2017, 08:53 AM
User CP above the forum menu, then look at the menu selection on left for edit ignore list.

Type in user name and apply.

garczar
07-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Under the "Welcome, username" click "private messages". Over on the left you'll see "edit ignore list", put in the name you want to ignore. Done.

pt109
07-30-2017, 11:36 AM

That's as bad as it can get.....it's Rodney Dangerfield's dilemma ...
.."I don't get no respect...even the ignore function ignores me."

captainjko
07-30-2017, 12:05 PM

How old are you?.. Well never mind... That doesn't matter anyway.....You do realize pool has been around wayyy longer than you don't you? And just because you think something is a foul, wrong, or should not be allowed, just puts you in a group, well, not a group, it puts you by yourself..... If you are the greatest and don't need to measure shots, use diamonds, etc., why don't you tell us your name and show us all of your pool trophies and earnings?................

mchnhed
07-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Under the "Welcome, username" click "private messages". Over on the left you'll see "edit ignore list", put in the name you want to ignore. Done.
I tried to place myself on the ignore list but it won't let me.

Fenwick
07-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Brags,

:thumbup:

Same here.............

MattPoland
07-30-2017, 05:23 PM
I don't mind players measuring it out with their stick and hands. Depending on how steep you are coming in and whether you want to influence the cue ball, there's a few adjustments you can fail to incorporate.

I get being concerned about laying the cue down. I've seen players aim by putting their tip down half a ball back on the pocket line, pivoting to the cue ball, and using that as their shooting line. In either event you may have a foul if the tip ends up chalking the cloth. Even if you don't intend to mark the table, your opponent surely has a complaint. The same might be said of Shane setting his stick down on the path at the end of the clip.

I'd be more critical when he used the cue ball to measure a gap in another tournament:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZKFgkCZKU&t=1535&feature=youtu.be

Brags
07-30-2017, 05:29 PM
I've added a link in my signature to make it easy for people to find. :thumbup:

Icon of Sin
07-30-2017, 05:36 PM
1. It will never be a foul and it shouldnt be a foul.

2. You really need to get out more dude...

one stroke
07-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Actualy there is a big difference, I know your a little short sided so I'll help you out laying the cue on the table allows you to get down into a shooting position to line the shot up from a shooters perspective that putting the tip on the table simply doesn't offer .
You seem to want to penalize the better players who have spent yrs in perfecting thier craft , if you spent half the time practicing and learning as you do posting these ridiculous threads you just might become a better player yourself,,

Brags
07-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Actualy there is a big difference, I know your a little short sided so I'll help you out laying the cue on the table allows you to get down into a shooting position to line the shot up from a shooters perspective that putting the tip on the table simply doesn't offer .
You seem to want to penalize the better players who have spent yrs in perfecting thier craft , if you spent half the time practicing and learning as you do posting these ridiculous threads you just might become a better player yourself,,

Shane can get into whatever shooting position he wants..just don't use the cue as a ruler, or lay it on the table to mark the contact point with chalk.

one stroke
07-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Shane can get into whatever shooting position he wants..just don't use the cue as a ruler, or lay it on the table to mark the contact point with chalk.

Nice slider ,but a swing and a miss no where have marking the table been mentioned, is that infact what your accusing him of

Brags
07-30-2017, 06:20 PM
Nice slider ,but a swing and a miss no where have marking the table been mentioned, is that infact what your accusing him of

You tell me...even Efren is having a look.

captainjko
07-30-2017, 06:26 PM
You tell me...even Efren is having a look.

Efren is just looking to see the path too, since it is easier to see with the cue on the table.... These guys don't need to cheat....

Nick B
07-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Why are we feeding this A$$ Clown? Next it will be a foul to use the restroom before a match.

Vince_Former_BB
07-31-2017, 06:07 AM
So essentially it's a foul to use your years of knowledge? It's always been a foul to lay your cue on the table and remove your hand. It's never been a foul to use your cue to aim so long as the latter doesn't come into play.

Here's the problem as I see it: People tend to institute rules in order to give a weaker player a more even playing field. Jean Balukas won some bijillion women's tournaments in a row sooooooooooo they changed the rules to give lesser players a chance.
When Efren showed up on the US and began kicking balls in, playing diamond systems to create safes that would handcuff people lo and behold.....we're allowed to jump balls (even though I'm fully aware it started before Efren arrived). It used to be the cue ball couldn't leave the surface of the table, remember? So, I would MUCH rather see someone use their hard earned knowledge to kick a ball in or come up with a killer safe than see some banger pull out some abomination of a cue and jump something. Sigel was known as Captain Hook because not only did he never want to see his opponent make a ball he never wanted the dude to SEE a ball. Can you imagine if his moniker was "Captain Never Hooked?" because he'd play a great safe that required thought and knowledge, speed control and skill and only to see some a lesser educated player sail over the ball and shit something in. No thank you. Personally.....let's go back to using knowledge and NOT trickery or gadgets. God bless you Efren for never jumping a ball. Shane didn't break out sextant with laser beams and mirrors and GPS calculators......he used his brain. More power to him. And if a weaker player enters a tournament and loses....guess what.......go back to the practice table, learn the systems and hit a few million more balls instead of pulling out some gadget designed as a substitute for time and effort and bruises. "No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else. This is Ames mister."
V.