PDA

View Full Version : 8-ball CSI Las Vegas

Cornerman
08-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Just a quick note really. This past couple of weeks really strengthened my love of 8-ball. By far, this was my most enjoyable commentary gig, doing a couple weeks of 8-ball amateurs at all levels at singles, teams, the Donate Life Pro Am Scotch event, and finally the professional US Open 8-ball. We did 9-ball and 10-ball as well, of course, but doing 8-ball is just so much more enjoyable for me.

Each level of 8-ball play had its own unique and proper strategy, and IMNSHO, the commentary team (Robert Leblanc, George Teyechea, and I) did an outstanding job conveying the nuances each level and each format brought (okay, we had one bad match).

Thanks to all who listened, gave feedback, etc., and thanks to all who introduced themselves, old and new friends included.

This was one for the books.

Freddie <~~~ eggs hoisted

decent dennis
08-01-2017, 06:48 AM
Enjoyed commentary by all three of you.

jojopiff
08-01-2017, 12:19 PM
It was nice to meet you. I think you guys did a terrific job of calling the matches. We all like to pretend we could commentate matches with ease, though it most likely isn't so.

Coop1701
08-01-2017, 12:21 PM
I would love to try and commentate one day.....

cc8ball
08-01-2017, 02:21 PM
I enjoyed every minute.

It was good to see the US Open events back on 9' tables.

The matches were great.

The commentary was great.

A big thanks to all involved.

Cornerman
08-01-2017, 07:45 PM
It was nice to meet you. I think you guys did a terrific job of calling the matches. We all like to pretend we could commentate matches with ease, though it most likely isn't so.

Definitely doing your team match was a highlight! And that runout you had, wow!!