PDA

View Full Version : Brags/ Poolchump/ Michael vs. Orcullo- 1p

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Oh, he almost had the win. Dennis was scared. Lil mike says so. Hahaha
https://angleofreflection.wordpress.com/page/2/

My Match with Orcollo – Part 2

Posted on*February 22, 2014*|*4 comments

The Third Rack*– Dennis broke and left a spread nearly identical to his break in the first rack. Although I was in a tough position, the up side was that I had seen it before and could learn from my earlier mistake. I shot a ticky and got the cue ball directly in front of his hole. He didn’t have a shot, so he came off the long rail on my side of the table and put me back against the stack. At that point I started my new strategy: Look for a stop shot anywhere on the table that would allow me to leave the cue ball up against another ball. For the next 7 or 8 innings, that’s all I did: Stop-Kiss. Stop-Kiss. Stop-Kiss. I was trying any trick possible to not allow Orcollo to get a clean shot. Then, Orcollo made a mistake and left me in the following position (my pocket is the one on the lower left):

I saw the bank shot immediately, but knew it was a risky proposition. If I missed, Orcollo would run out for sure. If I made it, I would get my one ball. Was it worth the risk? I stood in-line with the shot for a minute debating the merits of taking the shot and quickly realized my decision boiled down to three key facts: (1) Orcollo was the best player in the world, (2) there’s no way I could*out-shoot him or out-maneuver him in the long run, and (3) in three matches, this was the very first time I had had any chance to make a ball. If I was ever going to take the risk, now was the time.

I studied the shot, got into position, stroked three or four times, then ‘felt the magic’ and let the shot go. “Click.” I stroked the cue ball with a little low right, stopped it*about 10 inches off the rail, and the object ball rolled perfectly into my corner pocket; nothing but net! Yipee! I had made my first ball, but better yet, had position on several others. I forced myself to slow down and think (and breath) before each shot, fighting my natural tendency to rush. When I was done, I had pocketed 6 balls and had left Orcollo frozen again against another ball. I sat down and realized I was up 6-0 in game 3. Mission accomplished!

3 innings and 3*safeties later, Orcollo left me in this position:

I know this sounds crazy, but when stood up behind the cue ball and looked at my position, I immediately saw a reverse bank shot off the ball near the side pocket. Not makeable, you say? A risky shot only a fool would take? I wasn’t sure about the shot either, but I had already accomplished my goal of making*one ball, had already lasted much longer than in my first two games, and now I was free-wheeling. Sure, why NOT go for it?

A couple months prior to the tournament, I had developed an analytical method for calculating reverse bank shots. I’ll explain the methodology in a future post, but suffice it to say, here’s what I had to do (according to my algorithm) in order to make the shot: I had to stroke the cue ball with about 3 tips of right (basically as far as you can go without miscueing), the cue stick slightly elevated, and about a 1/6th fraction hit on the object ball. Yes…crazy! But here’s the craziest part…IT ACTUALLY WORKED!

The object ball came off the long rail with pocket speed and didn’t even hit the jaws of my*pocket as it made its*way in. The cue ball wasn’t moving that fast but was spinning like crazy when it came off the long rail. The cue ball went two rails and came back across the table for perfect position on my final ball. (Ok, to be honest, I didn’t plan that one). I walked down table to take my final shot, but Orcollo waved me off and conceded the game. VICTORY!!!!!

I honestly don’t remember any details from the rest of the match. I think Orcollo got spooked (who is this unknown guy?) and he completely changed his playing style. Over the next hour or so in racks 4 and 5, I never saw another makeable shot. I tried to stretch the match as long as I could, but it was no contest. Afterwards, he complemented me on my play, and that by itself was worth the price of admission. Yes, now I’m hooked on One Pocket!

4 Comments

Posted in*Journal

Tagged*Dennis Orcollo,*One Pocket,*US Open

easy-e
08-02-2017, 06:37 AM
He's good.

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Majestic possibility to win the substantial appointment of managing with fine profit forthwith particularly for you! Type and understand the outspoken specification.

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Brags/ Poolchump/ Michael vs. Orcullo-1P

I think Brags got banned.

I'm not sure about Poolchump.

strmanglr scott
08-02-2017, 10:18 AM
What did brags get banned for?

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Brags/ Poolchump/ Michael vs. Orcullo-1P
I think Brags got banned.
I'm not sure about Poolchump.

Easy-E says he knows but won't elaborate.
I think it was because he "Brags" too much.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Please elaborate. When did I say that I knew?

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 10:31 AM

I would assume it is either for his repeated returning after being directed by mods to go away and not return, or coz he is a toad.

Probably both.

Mchnhed- coincidentally, a "machinehead" is one who doesnt sleep (usually amphetamine-induced) and poopchum's blog (link below) refers ad nauseum to insomnia- is our resident reseacher. I am sure he can pull and share the original offending substance of michael riddick's banning.

https://angleofreflection.wordpress.com/category/journal/

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Please elaborate. When did I say that I knew?
Post #323 http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=457236&page=22

easy-e
08-02-2017, 10:41 AM

"You'll find out."

Maybe I need glasses, but I still don't see where I said that I knew anything. Please elaborate further.

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
mchnhed is our resident researcher.
I am sure he can pull and share the original offending substance of michael riddick's banning.
Thank you for the compliment.
I try to do my best.

Who is Michael Riddick?
Banned on AzB?
Is he 'Brags' ??? https://angleofreflection.wordpress.com/brags/
I'll Google it!
This guy? http://thepoolscene.com/author/michael-reddick/

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 10:51 AM

"You'll find out."
Maybe I need glasses, but I still don't see where I said that I knew anything. Please elaborate further.
mchnhed asked if anyone knew why Brags got banned.
You (easy-e) said 'You'll find out.'
That's an 'implied knowledge' of why Brags got banned.
If it is not, then please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for my assumptions.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:01 AM
If it is not, then please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for my assumptions.

I certainly never meant to imply anything. I will consider your apology. It will most-likely be accepted, but I'm sure you understand my need to consider all of the facts. Thank you.

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 11:06 AM
I certainly never meant to imply anything. I will consider your apology. It will most-likely be accepted, but I'm sure you understand my need to consider all of the facts. Thank you.
Facts, Information, Knowledge, Truth are all that I seek.

Ghosst
08-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Facts, Information, Knowledge, Truth are all that I seek.

In reference to your request for, "facts, information, knowledge and truth": inference (infer) and implication (imply) are different both in their scope and in their source.

Or did you not want to play with English?

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:23 AM
In reference to your request for, "facts, information, knowledge and truth": inference (infer) and implication (imply) are different both in their scope and in their source.

You just gave me a "smart boner"!

Ghosst
08-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Someone had to...

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 11:34 AM
You just gave me a "smart boner"!
This should bring you to climax.......

Inferences are steps in reasoning, moving from premises to conclusions. Charles Sanders Peirce divided inference into three kinds: deduction, induction, and abduction. Deduction is inference deriving logical conclusions from premises known or assumed to be true,[1] with the laws of valid inference being studied in logic. Induction is inference from particular premises to a universal conclusion. Abduction is inference to the best explanation.

Human inference (i.e. how humans draw conclusions) is traditionally studied within the field of cognitive psychology; artificial intelligence researchers develop automated inference systems to emulate human inference.

Imply (Implication)
(transitive, of a person or proposition) to hint; to insinuate; to suggest tacitly and avoid a direct statement.
What do you mean "we need to be more careful with hygiene"? Are you implying that I don't wash my hands?

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Someone had to...

Don't look now, but I think you spelled "Ghost" wrong. :poke::rotflmao:

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
This should bring you to climax.......

Do you know how to use ellipses?

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 11:40 AM

I just like using 25 cent words.
I have no idea what they mean!

Ghosst
08-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Snip...

I can look up things on Google too, but then again there is a difference in having access to knowledge, and using it.

This comes up as a topic fairly often in pool and billiards discussions (billiards has no pockets in the table, FYI) where people debate on the new reality of having virtual instruction available in the form of publications and multimedia presentations compared to ages passed. This deep resevoir of knowledge and experience is missed by the impatient and having watched a single game or match (Chris Melling's recent WPS runout comes to mind) a player will assume they can achieve the same level of success simply by imitating what they have seen.

This sadly leads to failure most of the time and if once out of a hundred times they are successful they appear here loudly barking about their success. Their pool (of knowledge) is decidedly shallow however as they have not learned why shots do and do not work, nor can they extrapolate that limited wisdom into other layouts or positions on the table.

(Just returning us to, "Main Forum" discussion.)

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Do you know how to use ellipses?

I had to look that one up.
Not sure how I would have used it in my statement.
Is it using a slang word instead of the accepted term?
or using them there star things, like in no s**t?

Z-Nole
08-02-2017, 11:50 AM
You guys are losing focus. If using the diamonds and touching your tip to the table should be illegal how is it that algorithms are allowed?

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:51 AM

If you looked it up, you'd know.

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 12:07 PM
You guys are losing focus. If using the diamonds and touching your tip to the table should be illegal how is it that algorithms are allowed?
Here on AzB we don't discriminate because of religious beliefs.
mchnhed - Social Justice Warrior Man

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
If you looked it up, you'd know.
Not if I don't comprehend.

pt109
08-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Al Gore rhythms are allowed.....especially after you win an eight-ball match....

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 12:23 PM
I learned the difference between imply/ infer here on azb too, years ago. Two funny.

Ghoszt- it that the first time you had to elucidate...perhaps potificate or demonstrate? Explicate or illuminate, maybe annotate?

Not complicate

easy-e
08-02-2017, 12:27 PM
I learned the difference between imply/ infer here on azb too, years ago. Two funny.

Ghoszt- it that the first time you had to elucidate...perhaps potificate or demonstrate? Explicate or illuminate, maybe annotate?

Not complicate

Your dum......

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Your dum......

Uhh...ok, sunshine state.

Ghosst
08-02-2017, 12:38 PM

Not complicate

Sounds like an average Monday at work actually.

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 12:44 PM

Cool(ish)

I always wondered who enlightened me...not enough to search though.

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 01:42 PM
That's pretty smart Black-Balled.:yes::yes::yes:

Your dum......

Not complicate

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 01:43 PM
What cha do?

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 01:44 PM
That's pretty smart Black-Balled.:yes::yes::yes:

I am gonna be the greatest rapper alive. I read a book ablot it and since i am so special, i think i can do it in 2yrs. No, 10yrs.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 01:45 PM
What cha do?

He schools mutherfckers on proper internetting!

easy-e
08-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I am gonna be the greatest rapper alive. I read a book ablot it and since i am so special, i think i can do it in 2yrs. No, 10yrs.

I see what you did there!:thumbup:

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 01:50 PM
All I asked was what the Ghosst did for work because I admired his use of language.
I myself never graduated from High School.

He schools mutherfckers on proper internetting!
You're a gangster, Bro? You got street cred? Just Kidding!
What cha do?
Not complicate

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Did i tell you that when i was in 6th grade, they pulled me out of elementary school and i went to johns hopkins' campus for school for a few months.

I am one smart. And i can prove it too you to.

I would absolutely bet i getted te best sat score of an azb guys lader shine!

mchnhed
08-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Did i tell you that when i was in 6th grade, they pulled me out of elementary school and i went to johns hopkins' campus for school for a few months.
As a test subject?
I am one smart. And i can prove it too you to.
I would absolutely bet i getted te best sat score of an azb guys lader shine!

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Reminds me of what one of my wife's employees told her once: im not retarded (snort) they tested me (snort) a lot.

But i am sure she said 'alot'.

But really, it was based on a perfect testing scores, twice. Like SOLs, i forgot what they wrre called. Indications are the hopkins folks did not like me, i never heard further and life went back to normal.