PDA

View Full Version : One Pocket in Europe

TRWpool
08-02-2017, 09:15 AM
We who love One Pocket have to love the fact that the game is gaining popularity in many European countries. The Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Etc. This trend will continue and spread. No doubt!

Ain't it great!?

If I may, and I may, I will toot my own horn by saying my book has sold several times to all these Countries. I'm very proud of that and just recently a fellow purchased 10 more copies which he plans to sell to these new students of the game. Together with the numerous videos that are being produced and shown through live streaming, You Tube, and Pat Fleming's Accu-Stats Video productions we can confidently anticipate One Pocket to become the dominate pool game in the world.

The obvious result is a continued rise in the number of highly skilled One Pocket players competing in many more major events everywhere. Maybe even world events with serious sponsorship. Who knows. We can only hope.

Tom

BTW. I know many of you are not interested or even like the game but please don't rain on the One Pocket parade with negative comments. We who like and love the game understand your point of view and accept your right to your opinion so there is no need to reiterate it again. This post is for us who are fans. Thank you.

pedro.botta.9
08-02-2017, 09:21 AM
I love one pocket, there is such a reward when your opponent breaks and leaves you in a tough spot but then you somehow move 4 balls toward your pocket and leave him on the stack...it can also teach you a lesson in bearing down, some times that lesson is hard to learn in 9 ball especially for those who play fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Positively Ralf
08-02-2017, 09:25 AM
I watched ten minutes of that big money one pocket match recently and remembered why I can't stand watching or even playing that game. but if it gains popularity, I'm all for that. Anything to make pool more popular in our small community is a good thing in my book.

De420MadHatter
08-02-2017, 01:59 PM
I watched ten minutes of that big money one pocket match recently and remembered why I can't stand watching or even playing that game. but if it gains popularity, I'm all for that. Anything to make pool more popular in our small community is a good thing in my book.

To bad the 10 min you watched was while they were on break. Had you actually watched the game, you would have seen some amazing, and truly unbelievable shots, that any 9-baller, 10-baller, straight pooled, etc.... would have been awed by. That match was in no way, indicative of the way 1 pocket is played, 99% of the time.

hotelyorba
08-02-2017, 11:49 PM
In Holland, a 1P tournament series of 4 stops recently started, 3 of which have already been played. I think they used a 32 player format that filled up quickly each time, so that tells me it is growing in popularity over here.

TRWpool
08-03-2017, 04:41 AM
Here is a link to the One Pocket tour in the Netherlands

https://www.facebook.com/onepocketseries

TRWpool
08-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Here is more information about One Pocket in The Netherlands and Europe

Unread Today, 11:56 AM

Default Project One Pocket - The project from which the One Pocket Series originated
Hi guys,

Some of you might be familiar with the One Pocket Series in the Netherlands by now. Project One Pocket is actually the project from which the One Pocket series originated. It's a project in which I advocate One Pocket and try to inspire others (through my blog: Poolhead), especially in the Netherlands and eventually in the rest of Europe as well, to start playing One Pocket, to share knowledge and ideas about the game and to set up more One Pocket tournaments across the continent. The project went through several stages and will continue to evolve and grow over time.

I've updated the website and made a clear overview of the project, the idea behind it, and all the stages it went through. You can now read 'The first 5', get to know more about the idea behind the Poolhead YouTube Channel, read how the One Pocket Series (the Dutch One Pocket tour) came forth from Project One Pocket, why there is a forum, and how you can help to let the project grow. Read more

I thought you guys would appreciate the project, so that's why I created this thread. If you would like to, you can support the project by spreading the word through social media (Like the Poolhead Facebook page, share the project, and invite all your one-pocket-loving friends to the Facebook page, the Poolhead Twitter, and the Poolhead YouTube channel). I would also appreciate it if you would like to make suggestions and share ideas with me. You can also get in touch with Poolhead if you, or someone you know wants to start collaborating in any way, maybe in advertising/promoting activities.

Enjoy reading!

GoldCrown
08-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Good thread.....OnePocket is a beautiful game. It's an art form when played right. It's exciting, It's adrenaline. It's people like TRW that keep the game alive an encourage it to be played correctly. Your book Controlled Aggression is a masterpiece. I know you did it for the love of the game. I know you do not make a lot of money from it. I(we) thank you for it. I learned so much from you. I'll always play my best and look to be creative....and use the MITT!!!!
It's real nice to see the game spreading. (One Pocket in The Netherlands and Europe). I commend the "One Pocket Series" dedication to the specialty game of 1p.
The fun never ends. And it does not matter what language we speak or what the pennies look like... 8 is pretty easy to understand.

My I add/edit to 1p'ers. Buy TRW's Controlled Aggression. The info is outstanding. The book is rare.

GoldCrown
08-03-2017, 03:17 PM
but if it gains popularity, I'm all for that. Anything to make pool more popular in our small community is a good thing in my book.

Make it popular. Find someone to get started with. You'll create a new circle of friends and players. OnePocket is complicated and fascinating. So much to learn. Once you begin to get the hang of it...it never leaves the mind. It's game in a game. Don't just play and get bored...try to understand what is going on. Any game of pool is fun but nothing exceeds 1P. It opens the mind.

M.G.
08-04-2017, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry to say, but we're pretty much on 8ball still. No amateur is trying one pocket in my region. There are even more 14.1 players.
Carom is done a lot, for sure. Snooker is slowly starting in a few regions.

One pocket only the brave try and then they die of boring themselves :sorry:

GoldCrown
08-06-2017, 08:44 PM
HiJack alert..... Hi Tom. My nephew took a copy of Controlled Aggression to his pool room to practice scenarios. The 1P players in the room loved the illustrations & comments. Your book should be on the "Best Seller" list...it definitely is The Best in the 1p world.
I played for 4 hours today...some of the situations in the book came up a few times. I was able to execute successfully. I felt like stopping the game and calling to Thank You...