PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod, MA

easy-e
08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
I will be traveling to Cape Cod this weekend, may be spending a couple of weeks up there. Anyone know any secret little spots to enjoy a game of pool? I know Snooker's is relatively close, anything else???

Koop
08-02-2017, 11:49 AM
I will be traveling to Cape Cod this weekend, may be spending a couple of weeks up there. Anyone know any secret little spots to enjoy a game of pool? I know Snooker's is relatively close, anything else???

Ummmm...see you soon, man! Wish I knew before the summer started and we could have rented you my wifes cottage.

Check out the Fan Club in Wareham. Close and a nice room with good players. I can meet you there or Snookers. Either works for me.

JoseV
08-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking the fan club is shorter drive from the cape then Snookers in RI ? Funny thing I just got to fall river from VA a few hours ago.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

easy-e
08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
It looks like I'll be staying in New Bedford at a Marriott.

mia
08-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Ummmm...see you soon, man! Wish I knew before the summer started and we could have rented you my wifes cottage.

Check out the Fan Club in Wareham. Close and a nice room with good players. I can meet you there or Snookers. Either works for me.

Yeah. Fan Club is probably closest to the Cape. There used to be a place in Dennis (or Dennisport) years back but it was terrible. Right on the water and, as a result, humidity was always an issue.

B <-------- will be on the Cape in 2 weeks :thumbup:

easy-e
08-02-2017, 12:04 PM
The fan club looks legit!

Koop
08-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Yeah. Fan Club is probably closest to the Cape. There used to be a place in Dennis (or Dennisport) years back but it was terrible. Right on the water and, as a result, humidity was always an issue.

B <-------- will be on the Cape in 2 weeks :thumbup:

Nice! Hopefully you have better weather than I had last week.

E - The Fan Club is a nice place and only about 20-25 minutes from Otis.

JoseV
08-02-2017, 12:20 PM
It looks like I'll be staying in New Bedford at a Marriott.The pool hall in NB just closed down a few weeks ago, that's where I grew up.

JoseV
08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Straight shooters in Fall river is not too far, but the Fan club might be the better bet. And you proballaby 30 45 Mins from Snookers from NB.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
The pool hall in NB just closed down a few weeks ago, that's where I grew up.

That's a bummer. Lemme know if you make it out there and want to join me and Koop for some pool, beer, and babes.

JoseV
08-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I left the pool sticks at home, back in this area for family reason, other than that I would be shooting right now lol.

Koop
08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Straight shooters in Fall river is not too far, but the Fan club might be the better bet. And you proballaby 30 45 Mins from Snookers from NB.

Played a couple of tournaments at Straight Shooters but definitely like The Fan Club more.

JoseV
08-02-2017, 12:46 PM
They still got the five buck thing going on ? I was mad at them when I came down during Christmas of 2015 but they were closed lol.

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Sausage party.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Sausage party.

How long is the drive for you?

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 12:56 PM
How long is the drive for you?

Not that bad, actually. Goggle maps sez 8:34

Koop
08-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Sausage party.

I'm ok with that as long as there's bacon too

easy-e
08-02-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm ok with that as long as there's bacon too

You heard him, BB. Bring some bacon if you want the sausage!

Koop
08-02-2017, 01:22 PM
You heard him, BB. Bring some bacon if you want the sausage!

I'm easy, what can I say!

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 01:31 PM
I am easy, but i am not cheap.

easy-e
08-02-2017, 01:32 PM
This is going to be the best vacation ever.

Black-Balled
08-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Eh fukc off. I wanna join but it is damn far and i am already booked for 2 vacations this month.

Koop
08-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Scuses, scuses!

Cuebuddy
08-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Arnold's lobster and clam bar and The lobster trap kicked a$$. I just left that area, although I only played pool on Martha,s Vineyard I did score a couple of great seafood joints. Have fun back there.:cool:

JoseV
08-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Not that bad, actually. Goggle maps sez 8:34Are you in the VA area ?

Koop
08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Arnold's lobster and clam bar and The lobster trap kicked a$$. I just left that area, although I only played pool on Martha,s Vineyard I did score a couple of great seafood joints. Have fun back there.:cool:

Lobster Trap is a great little place. My wife and I stop there every time we are coming back from the Cape. Excellent food and it's actually right down the road from the Fan Club, just over the bridge.

Apocalypse2017
08-03-2017, 07:22 AM
you guys can come over if you bring bacon.

Koop
08-03-2017, 07:40 AM
you guys can come over if you bring bacon.

You have to come and get it!
I'll be eating plenty o' bacon wrapped around some nice scallops!

Michael Webb
08-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan club is a very nice place. Tables play very well and consistant with each other. Straight shooters is an old school pool room. In Swansea, there is Willabys. Great place. 17 tables with 4 1/2 pockets, Friday nites, $7 per player, for the nite. The last furthest away from you would be Snookers. If you traveled towards Abington, there's Stix and Stones. Great club / Restaurant. Great food. If your looking to test yourself. Snookers is having a qualifier Saturday afternoon for their Bud classic coming up. Quite a few players about. Action is not hard to find in 9 ball, 10 ball and one pocket.
Hope this helps.

Black-Balled
08-03-2017, 08:07 AM
That's enough booze for you.

Koop
08-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Fan club is a very nice place. Tables play very well and consistant with each other. Straight shooters is an old school pool room. In Swansea, there is Willabys. Great place. 17 tables with 4 1/2 pockets, Friday nites, $7 per player, for the nite. The last furthest away from you would be Snookers. If you traveled towards Abington, there's Stix and Stones. Great club / Restaurant. Great food. If your looking to test yourself. Snookers is having a qualifier Saturday afternoon for their Bud classic coming up. Quite a few players about. Action is not hard to find in 9 ball, 10 ball and one pocket.
Hope this helps.

Hey E, the Bud tournament is the one you and I went to a few years back where you qualified in the A division and I qualified the B. Think it was Rolling Rock then.

easy-e
08-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Hey E, the Bud tournament is the one you and I went to a few years back where you qualified in the A division and I qualified the B. Think it was Rolling Rock then.

I remember that one! That was a good time. Even if I win a spot in the qualifier I wouldn't be there for the main event.

buckets
08-03-2017, 11:15 AM
It looks like I'll be staying in New Bedford

Sorry bud :(

Black-Balled
08-03-2017, 11:17 AM
There is a lotta bud here.

Michael Webb
08-03-2017, 11:21 AM

I remember. I can't have pizza anymore. :D

Koop
08-03-2017, 11:23 AM
I remember. I can't have pizza anymore. :D

LOL...that was the one, after I won and felt all good about myself you proceeded to whip my ass game after game.
Not a nice way to treat a friend and loyal customer :D

Michael Webb
08-03-2017, 11:32 AM
LOL...that was the one, after I won and felt all good about myself you proceeded to whip my ass game after game.
Not a nice way to treat a friend and loyal customer :D

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Your one of my favourites.

Koop
08-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Mean ole easy comes to town and robs the locals of their weekly tournament...lol
Good to see you, buddy! I'll try to make it down one more time before you head back.

easy-e
08-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Mean ole easy comes to town and robs the locals of their weekly tournament...lol
Good to see you, buddy! I'll try to make it down one more time before you head back.

I'm good at winning handicapped tournaments!

Koop
08-07-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm good at winning handicapped tournaments!

It's a good thing you were getting weight...lol

Black-Balled
08-07-2017, 08:38 AM
It's a good thing you were getting weight...lol

He knows his girlish figure isnt what it used to be.

easy-e
08-07-2017, 09:08 AM
He knows his girlish figure isnt what it used to be.

You should have been there dude. I didn't know it was a handicapped tournament. I just paid my $20 and gave him my name. I won 5-0 in the first round, second round I go up 4-1 and the dude shakes my hand. I said "that's only 4 games", he told me he was spotting me a game. I went to the TD and he said he ranked me too low. I said he should change it to what he thinks it should be, but he told me it wouldn't be fair to the guys I already beat if he changed me at this point. I won the next match 5-0, then the hot seat match the guy had to go to 6 and I had to go to 4. I won that 4-0, then he played me again in the finals and I got him 4-1. I played well and it was a fun tournament. Glad I didn't draw Koop!

Koop
08-07-2017, 10:06 AM
You should have been there dude. I didn't know it was a handicapped tournament. I just paid my $20 and gave him my name. I won 5-0 in the first round, second round I go up 4-1 and the dude shakes my hand. I said "that's only 4 games", he told me he was spotting me a game. I went to the TD and he said he ranked me too low. I said he should change it to what he thinks it should be, but he told me it wouldn't be fair to the guys I already beat if he changed me at this point. I won the next match 5-0, then the hot seat match the guy had to go to 6 and I had to go to 4. I won that 4-0, then he played me again in the finals and I got him 4-1. I played well and it was a fun tournament. Glad I didn't draw Koop!

LMAO...only reason you're glad you didn't draw me is that you would have felt bad kicking my ass!

Ralph Kramden
08-07-2017, 05:20 PM

Some pool matches are won before the first break.

Ralph Kramden
08-19-2017, 06:44 AM
The fan club looks legit!

Played there on Thursday with my Grandson. Sports bar and adjacent room with 10 Gold Crowns.
What was surprising to me was the good condition of the tables and the Aramith tournament balls.

easy-e
08-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Played there on Thursday with my Grandson. Sports bar and adjacent room with 10 Gold Crowns.
What was surprising to me was the good condition of the tables and the Aramith tournament balls.

It was a nice surprise to me as well. I also thought the food was very good!

hang-the-9
08-21-2017, 08:59 AM

Was this the 10 ball one at Straight Shooters in Fall River?

Koop
08-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Was this the 10 ball one at Straight Shooters in Fall River?

No, 9 ball at Fan Club in Wareham.
Yesterday they ranked him higher than anyone has ever been ranked and he still took second. My buddy Easy definitely hits them stronger than most in this area.

Black-Balled
08-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Yesterday they ranked him higher than anyone has ever been ranked and he still took second. My buddy Easy definitely hits them stronger than most in this area.

He has been know to hit em good. He still PMs me at least once a week to remind me of the time he beat mr311 for the top spot.

hang-the-9
08-21-2017, 11:33 AM

That is a bit over an hr drive, for me, is it worth to go there for this? Send me some info please, I may take a trip down with the kid.

Koop
08-21-2017, 11:37 AM
That is a bit over an hr drive, for me, is it worth to go there for this? Send me some info please, I may take a trip down with the kid.

Depends really on what you're looking for. It's a nice place, tournament starts at 1PM, it's handicapped, double elimination.
Couple of A players and lot's of B players so no shortage of decent competition. They may rate you high to begin with until they get a feel for your actual speed. They lowered me after one week to where I probably should be

easy-e
08-21-2017, 01:24 PM
It's a nice little tournament with plenty of friendly people and good food.

hang-the-9
08-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Depends really on what you're looking for. It's a nice place, tournament starts at 1PM, it's handicapped, double elimination.
Couple of A players and lot's of B players so no shortage of decent competition. They may rate you high to begin with until they get a feel for your actual speed. They lowered me after one week to where I probably should be

I am looking to to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women!

So as long as there are women to lament, I will pay it a visit.

Just want something different to check out, seems like they get 8 to a dozen players each week going by the sheet on their site. My son and I have established Fargo ratings in the B range so I'm sure they can find some other players similar to our speeds to match the handicaps. I'll try to take a ride down at some point. I think I sill have your cell #, I'll send you a txt when I head over if you want to go also.

easy-e
08-21-2017, 02:43 PM
I am looking to to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women!

So as long as there are women to lament, I will pay it a visit.

Just want something different to check out, seems like they get 8 to a dozen players each week going by the sheet on their site. My son and I have established Fargo ratings in the B range so I'm sure they can find some other players similar to our speeds to match the handicaps. I'll try to take a ride down at some point. I think I sill have your cell #, I'll send you a txt when I head over if you want to go also.

I'm not sure about the website, but both times I played there, they had 17 players.