PDA

View Full Version : If you lived in Denton Texas .. Where would you be able to play local tournaments?

Agent 99
08-02-2017, 10:59 PM
I need some help from our Texas members.

Just curious where, and how far you would have to travel to find regular held tournament action? Nine foot or seven foot doesn't matter, nor does the game.

If it's north of the border it's fine .. just wondering if you could play a few or at least one small local tournament a week, if you lived in the Denton area.

Thanks in advance.

De420MadHatter
08-03-2017, 01:23 AM
Hell yes!! If you can play, there is a tournament within 15-20 min every night. I used to rob some honey holes there. The Garage off Fry street is one. Used to be a tournament twice a week. $100+ everytime. JR pockets is in Denton, tournament every Fri i believe. The VFW is like taking candy from a baby, usually good for $60 or so. Several more in the area. I moved away 3 yrs ago, but it's all still rocking. Just gotta find em :thumbup:

garczar
08-03-2017, 05:24 AM
Hell yes!! If you can play, there is a tournament within 15-20 min every night. I used to rob some honey holes there. The Garage off Fry street is one. Used to be a tournament twice a week. $100+ everytime. JR pockets is in Denton, tournament every Fri i believe. The VFW is like taking candy from a baby, usually good for $60 or so. Several more in the area. I moved away 3 yrs ago, but it's all still rocking. Just gotta find em :thumbup: Get a tetanus shot before you go there. What a s^*t-hole. The Garage is a cool place.

Agent 99
08-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Hell yes!! If you can play, there is a tournament within 15-20 min every night. I used to rob some honey holes there. The Garage off Fry street is one. Used to be a tournament twice a week. $100+ everytime. JR pockets is in Denton, tournament every Fri i believe. The VFW is like taking candy from a baby, usually good for $60 or so. Several more in the area. I moved away 3 yrs ago, but it's all still rocking. Just gotta find em :thumbup:

Thanks ... sounds like there is some pool to be played there.

I am considering buying some land - rural, to build a small house as a get a way when I want to have a change of scenery.

I lived in the Houston area during the eighty's and of course there was a lot of pool going on. Have always thought that Texas was a cool place to be, but am considering Oklahoma as well as Arizona .. I just want to be able to play while I am there, where ever there turns out to be.

Thanks again.

Mkindsv
08-03-2017, 07:26 PM
JR Pockets have a 9 ball tourn on Tuesdays at least half the time there is a pro or two involved...$10. A Thursday Night 8 ball tourn, usually about the same crowd, $10. Sun night is $5 8 ball race to 2 Double elim...for the lower level players. Plenty of tournaments in North Texas...Pockets is not the ritz, but the staff is fantastic, prices are best in North Texas, $2/hr before 6 pm...I think its a fantastic place to shoot...always someone there willing to play, always a money match if you are looking.

Mkindsv
08-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Also the Omega Billiards tour is in the area...12 tournaments a year or so...but competition in that one is pretty stiff

De420MadHatter
08-04-2017, 03:44 AM
Get a tetanus shot before you go there. What a s^*t-hole. The Garage is a cool place.

Never thought it was that bad. I actually like Denton. Girls everywhere :thumbup:!
And they dont squabble to much when you suggest your backseat is better than a Holiday Inn Expess. FTR I never lived there, but spent a considerable amount of time there.
To the OP, there are tournament's a plenty.