PDA

View Full Version : The Magician isn't retiring ......... yet

java712
08-03-2017, 07:27 PM
http://www.rappler.com/sports/specials/sea-games/177532-efren-reyes-lion-winter

couldnthinkof01
08-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Great article. Ill bet he still has a derby 1pkt title before he is 70.

De420MadHatter
08-04-2017, 02:11 AM
I hope he catches a gear and tears ass!!!! I would love to see him snap em off one more time. May the sun always be in his face, and the wind at his back.
He will always be something more than just a pool player to me.
He was the Pool God.

jayburger
08-04-2017, 05:30 AM
I hope he catches a gear and tears ass!!!! I would love to see him snap em off one more time. May the sun always be in his face, and the wind at his back.
He will always be something more than just a pool player to me.
He was the Pool God.

He was/is simply the best all around pool player (playing all games) that I have ever seen. And I am more than a casual fan. I have attended all the major I.s. Tournaments in the states for 40 years. I am too young to have seen Harold worst play, but earl, Varner, buddy hall, mike Sigel , as well as the best euro pros since the 70s, nobody played as good as efren consistently. Simply the best.( gambling too, not just tournaments)

MeeLosh
08-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the article, Java712.

Tooler
08-04-2017, 06:15 AM
Great article on Efren.... thanks for sharing.

LONG LIVE THE KING

:)

tonyboy59
08-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Always a favorite wherever he goes and when he wins just says..."I just lucky". I would love to have his luck...:thumbup:

garczar
08-04-2017, 10:34 AM
He was/is simply the best all around pool player (playing all games) that I have ever seen. And I am more than a casual fan. I have attended all the major I.s. Tournaments in the states for 40 years. I am too young to have seen Harold worst play, but earl, Varner, buddy hall, mike Sigel , as well as the best euro pros since the 70s, nobody played as good as efren consistently. Simply the best.( gambling too, not just tournaments)Guess who hasn't beaten(9ball) in tournament play and has never wanted to gamble with? Buddy. When he showed-up at Red's yrs ago the one guy his handlers did NOT want to jack with was Buddy. I'm not positive what the exact lifetime 9ball record is but Buddy owned him for yrs in tournament play. All-around Efren is tough to vote against, i agree.

klone
08-04-2017, 06:06 PM
What a legend indeed. He may be best known as the Magician in pool, but his true legacy will be his generosity in helping the 40 youngsters get a decent education.

HomeBrewer
08-04-2017, 06:13 PM
"Reyes will represent the Philippines in the SEA Games later this month in the quirky discipline of English Billiards, far from his strongest game"

Man I would love to see that! English billiards is a fantastic game and it'd be neat to see how far his natural talent and other experience would take him.