PDA

View Full Version : They Finally Made a Pool Table-Computer

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 07:44 AM
If anyone of you take lessons, drill on shots, run patterns, etc; this may be for you. Take a look at http://projectionprobilliards.com and take a look at what they've done. I've ordered this and finally have the patterns that I want to play on my pool table. I absolutely hated putting the pattern drills from a paper onto the table and this makes it so much easier. One push of the button and the pattern is transformed or interloped. This is just getting started and there are many instructors that are now putting their drills, patterns, safeties, etc. on here. I think the computer device they carry can handle 440,000 drills, patterns, safeties, etc. so it will be a long time.

mchnhed
08-04-2017, 08:38 AM
If anyone of you take lessons, drill on shots, run patterns, etc; this may be for you. Take a look at http://projectionprobilliards.com and take a look at what they've done. I've ordered this and finally have the patterns that I want to play on my pool table. I absolutely hated putting the pattern drills from a paper onto the table and this makes it so much easier. One push of the button and the pattern is transformed or interloped. This is just getting started and there are many instructors that are now putting their drills, patterns, safeties, etc. on here. I think the computer device they carry can handle 440,000 drills, patterns, safeties, etc. so it will be a long time.
While this Projected Image is a very nice tool to help visualize shots, the real future is in "Augmented Reality".
Either projected onto the table surface or thru a pair of AR glasses.
This a blend of Actual Reality and Virtual Reality aided by computer programming.

A blending of the two would be awesome!

View this video.
BTW - This was done years ago and has been advanced.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLCVVVAA1vw

BC21
08-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Very cool. Looks very expensive also.

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 09:25 AM

I have a 9' table and I have to have a ViewSonic projector 5555. I think it was $429, $39 for the ceiling extension and the package was $279 from Projection Pro. It's a little expensive but I think all instructors will be putting their drills, patterns, ect, etc. on here in the future. My instructor will be putting his things on here in the very near future. Some for the public to view as they purchase the computer and some (most all) for his students.
I've been doing drills after one another but have attempted patterns but always have never attempted them because of the set up time. NOW, patterns is what I'm working on. This computer comes with 2 ball set ups all the way to 10 ball set ups. If you want to reverse it or interlope it, just push a button and back it comes.
I think it's the future and lots of folks that have tables and want to learn in their homes will be getting one of these.

strmanglr scott
08-04-2017, 09:28 AM
I posted a couple years back how cool something like this would be, glad to see it became a reality.

HIRUN526
08-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Brilliant...................

garczar
08-04-2017, 09:48 AM
How did Mosconi/Lassiter/Hall/Reyes et al. ever learn without this? Just my $.02 here but the last thing i need is a hi-tech practice partner. Whatever floats-ur-boat i guess.

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 09:56 AM
How did Mosconi/Lassiter/Hall/Reyes et al. ever learn without this? Just my $.02 here but the last thing i need is a hi-tech practice partner. Whatever floats-ur-boat i guess.

Yes, and you are probably an accomplished player by now. You probably don't take lessons but I do. I can't play golf or tennis anymore, so pool is my game and I'm trying to get as good as I can at it. This device sets it all up.

garczar
08-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Yes, and you are probably an accomplished player by now. You probably don't take lessons but I do. I can't play golf or tennis anymore, so pool is my game and I'm trying to get as good as I can at it. This device sets it all up.
A healthy dose of playing people you can't currently beat is highly recommended as well. All the drills in the world(hi or lo tech) will not prepare you for what you'll need when someone is smoking you. I wish you well in your pursuit.

mchnhed
08-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Where do I do "play" these "people" I can't currently beat!

Imagine a True Pool Hall. Maybe you frequent one.
In walks a person who only plays at a Level 1 or "D".
Noob, but knows and respects Pool Room Etiquette and the Basic Rules. Learned at the Boys Club.
He practices shooting straight shots only at a table way far off from everyone else.

Do YOU welcome him and offer to play a game?
or
Do you scoff at his awkwardness, scarecrow stance and swooping stroke?

How does he approach "Those Real Players" and ask for a game & suggestions to help him improve?

A healthy dose of playing people you can't currently beat is highly recommended as well. All the drills in the world(hi or lo tech) will not prepare you for what you'll need when someone is smoking you. I wish you well in your pursuit.

garczar
08-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Where do I do "play" these "people" I can't currently beat!

Imagine a True Pool Hall. Maybe you frequent one.
In walks a person who only plays at a Level 1 or "D".
Noob, but knows and respects Pool Room Etiquette and the Basic Rules. Learned at the Boys Club.
He practices shooting straight shots only at a table way far off from everyone else.

Do YOU welcome him and offer to play a game?
or
Do you scoff at his awkwardness, scarecrow stance and swooping stroke?

How does he approach "Those Real Players" and ask for a game & suggestions to help him improve?You the "noob"? I used to try to get some weight and try not to donate too much to my opponents pocket. Don't have to bet high but enough that losing it stings a little. Its not rocket science and there is no one formula. You have to plot your own course. I was never afraid to approach better players and at one time Tulsa was full of guys that were above me on the pecking order. Hell, still are for that matter.

JC
08-04-2017, 11:16 AM

Don't listen to the haters Den, that thing is bad ass with a capital B! Once you get to September you appreciate anything that maximizes what moments of your life remain.

I got scoffed at by many I could already defeat just for taking lessons. Waste of __________ (Fill in the blank)

I can beat those same people even easier than before now and many who I couldn't.

Now I have to get up there and see you just to inspect your gadget! :)

JC

garczar
08-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Don't listen to the haters Den, that thing is bad ass with a capital B! Once you get to September you appreciate anything that maximizes what moments of your life remain.

I got scoffed at by many I could already defeat just for taking lessons. Waste of __________ (Fill in the blank)

I can beat those same people even easier than before now and many who I couldn't.

JCHate is a pretty strong word there, bud. I don't hate him or his gadget. I gave an opinion, nothing more/nothing less. If it works for him, great. I personally have zero interest in that learning method. Personal, face-2-face lessons are a whole different matter. Here's a few i've had help me: Buddy, D. Matlock, Dick Lane, Gabe O., John Gabriel just to name a few. I'm old-school, lo-tech and gadget(and hate)free.

pocket
08-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Well, if you have a projector already (they recommend a specific model) it's I believe $250.

The projector is around $750 to $1k so yeah kinda pricey.

buckets
08-04-2017, 11:50 AM
I have a 9' table and I have to have a ViewSonic projector 5555. I think it was $429, $39 for the ceiling extension and the package was $279 from Projection Pro. It's a little expensive but I think all instructors will be putting their drills, patterns, ect, etc. on here in the future. My instructor will be putting his things on here in the very near future. Some for the public to view as they purchase the computer and some (most all) for his students.
I've been doing drills after one another but have attempted patterns but always have never attempted them because of the set up time. NOW, patterns is what I'm working on. This computer comes with 2 ball set ups all the way to 10 ball set ups. If you want to reverse it or interlope it, just push a button and back it comes.
I think it's the future and lots of folks that have tables and want to learn in their homes will be getting one of these.
not gonna lie this is much cheaper than I expected

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Well, if you have a projector already (they recommend a specific model) it's I believe $250.

The projector is around $750 to $1k so yeah kinda pricey.

I think I have the most expensive projector and it's about $429. I have a 10' ceiling and a 9' table so I think my ViewSonic 5555 would do the 9' and 10' with 8'-12' ceilings. 7' and 8' tables would require less projectors in the $300 range.

JC
08-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Hate is a pretty strong word there, bud. I don't hate him or his gadget. I gave an opinion, nothing more/nothing less. If it works for him, great. I personally have zero interest in that learning method. Personal, face-2-face lessons are a whole different matter. Here's a few i've had help me: Buddy, D. Matlock, Dick Lane, Gabe O., John Gabriel just to name a few. I'm old-school, lo-tech and gadget(and hate)free.

Hater is a slang that has nothing to do with actual hate. Chill baby!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

JC

iusedtoberich
08-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Denwhit, thanks for the review. I saw this a few weeks ago and am very interested for my home table. You are the first person here who bought one, I do believe.

Their website says you can add picture from paper drill books you already own. Have you tried to do that?

Also, if you take a screen shot of a pro match, in order to duplicate the table ss you can practice the routes the pro's took, can it do that automatically? Or do you have to "manually program" where each ball goes. Does it also know the colors of the balls from a picture, so when it places the layout on the table, the ball numbers are correct?

Thank you.

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Denwhit, thanks for the review. I saw this a few weeks ago and am very interested for my home table. You are the first person here who bought one, I do believe.

Their website says you can add picture from paper drill books you already own. Have you tried to do that?

Also, if you take a screen shot of a pro match, in order to duplicate the table ss you can practice the routes the pro's took, can it do that automatically? Or do you have to "manually program" where each ball goes. Does it also know the colors of the balls from a picture, so when it places the layout on the table, the ball numbers are correct?

Thank you.

You are asking questions that I don't know right now. My teacher/instructor has one of these (about two weeks ago) and he asked his students that own their own tables to buy one. He is on file for the programmers to do some of their work as I think they are interested in the computer programming but he is interested in that and pool. I know they are about to redo a complete #2 workup of their setup and that will be out in the next week or so so we will all get that on line. The ball numbers come with numbers and the figures that you can duplicate come with PDF's or PND's and I'm not sure how to use them yet. It is so amazing, that I'm just getting familiar with it now.

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 12:51 PM

JC

You're welcome to come! I understand what the guy is saying but I'm not going out at night and have a couple of guys that come over and play here.

pocket
08-04-2017, 01:21 PM
I stand corrected. Projector is sub $400, so total is in the 6-800 range for everything. Still not an impulse buy but not as expensive a package as I originally guessed.

JohnnyOzone
08-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Well, if you are not yet as good as Mosconi/Lassiter/Hall/Reyes, then maybe this can help you.
Or the rest of us who also don't have their talent.

It certainly has possibilities and is worth looking into

MitchAlsup
08-04-2017, 02:35 PM
I think it is a nice first step.

Now what we need is that training aid attached to a camera.
a) camera takes picture of current table position
b) projector displays
b.1) english to be applied behind the CB
b.2) line from CB to OB
b.3) line from OB to posket
b.4) line of CB after contact

mchnhed
08-04-2017, 03:25 PM
I think it is a nice first step.

Now what we need is that training aid attached to a camera.
a) camera takes picture of current table position
b) projector displays
b.1) english to be applied behind the CB
b.2) line from CB to OB
b.3) line from OB to posket
b.4) line of CB after contact
Isn't that what the 'Augmented Reality' table does?
Yes, it would be great to use both together.

Prairie dog
08-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Isn't that what the 'Augmented Reality' table does?
Yes, it would be great to use both together.

Sure thing!

bbb
08-05-2017, 02:27 AM
congrats on you new toy dennis
looks like a great teaching aid
how do you set it up with the light above the table ?
i assume it has to attach to the light ....icbw
does it cast a shadow when you are not using it??

Prairie dog
08-05-2017, 05:47 AM

It sets up with a projector, like a TV screen projector, that is about 7' away on your ceiling. The computer that the projectorpro people use is attached to the projector. Naturally, if you stand in the path of the projector, you'll get a shadow into the table. Watch the guys on youtube.

WGDave
08-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Seems like a good teaching tool that will motivate players to do drills more often.

What is the alignment procedure to get it synced up with the diamonds on the table, and how accurate is it?

Also, if most tables bank differently, are the bank lines really that helpful?

Nice to see people trying to add some technology to the game; it will need it to grow.

A bigger deal would be a table (with added electronics) that monitored and tracked every ball's location to within a few thousandths of an inch. It would revolutionize the broadcast experience!

Would you like a replay of Shane's break detailing the speed, where the cue ball hit the rack and the resulting movement (path) of every ball on the table? Would be the same detail for every shot during the match.

Many many possibilities.

Prairie dog
08-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Seems like a good teaching tool that will motivate players to do drills more often.

What is the alignment procedure to get it synced up with the diamonds on the table, and how accurate is it?

Also, if most tables bank differently, are the bank lines really that helpful?

Nice to see people trying to add some technology to the game; it will need it to grow.

A bigger deal would be a table (with added electronics) that monitored and tracked every ball's location to within a few thousandths of an inch. It would revolutionize the broadcast experience!

Would you like a replay of Shane's break detailing the speed, where the cue ball hit the rack and the resulting movement (path) of every ball on the table? Would be the same detail for every shot during the match.

Many many possibilities.

Yes, many, many possibilities. At first, the projector set up is to set up the four square diamond patterns with the pool table; one on each 1-1, in the corners. Now that is accomplished, the grid pattern shows how the lines go from diamond to diamond. Everyone (on paper) had to lay out their drills (patterns), to line up with the diamonds and now the instructors can do that or lay out the balls anywhere.
If someone can go to Youtube; https://youtu.be/YLV_8Ug3wQQ and see them using the "random" ball feature, you can kind of tell how everything works. Of course the patterns, and balls will all be saved for you but everything else can be saved also.

mchnhed
08-05-2017, 03:28 PM
A bigger deal would be a table (with added electronics) that monitored and tracked every ball's location to within a few thousandths of an inch. It would revolutionize the broadcast experience.
That's what the sensors of the 'Augmented Reaity' System does.
No need to do anything to the table.
Visual sensors and ball recognition do the rest.
Calibration to the diamonds affords consistency from data accusation to future ball
placement.
Only problem is the multi-camera array and overhead mounting rigs.

The combination of the Teaching Program and Augmented Reality will be the future of Billiards Instruction.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bzAmysjc8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6-i9pZrSU
https://www.designboom.com/technology/project-snooker-laser-guides-for-billiards/

WGDave
08-05-2017, 05:19 PM
That's what the sensors of the 'Augmented Reaity' System does.
No need to do anything to the table.
Visual sensors and ball recognition do the rest.
Calibration to the diamonds affords consistency from data accusation to future ball
placement.
Only problem is the multi-camera array and overhead mounting rigs.

The combination of the Teaching Program and Augmented Reality will be the future of Billiards Instruction.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bzAmysjc8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6-i9pZrSU
https://www.designboom.com/technology/project-snooker-laser-guides-for-billiards/

The Augmented Reality concept will be great as a teaching tool, but not much else.

No pool tournament would have anything to do with projections on the table.

The concept I am speaking would not change the game from the players prospective one bit.

kid
08-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Does that program calculate where the cb is going if you add some english?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Prairie dog
08-05-2017, 07:32 PM

I don't think so... How about infinity?

Saturated Fats
08-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Cool tool! I can't help wondering why a dedicated computer is necessary. Seems like any common PC should be able to do the job. If this becomes popular, that may be the next development - just to help get the cost down.

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 01:17 AM
Cool tool! I can't help wondering why a dedicated computer is necessary. Seems like any common PC should be able to do the job. If this becomes popular, that may be the next development - just to help get the cost down.
It's the program not the computer.
(Sounds Familiar?)

jasonlaus
08-06-2017, 01:45 AM
Hate is a pretty strong word there, bud. I don't hate him or his gadget. I gave an opinion, nothing more/nothing less. If it works for him, great. I personally have zero interest in that learning method. Personal, face-2-face lessons are a whole different matter. Here's a few i've had help me: Buddy, D. Matlock, Dick Lane, Gabe O., John Gabriel just to name a few. I'm old-school, lo-tech and gadget(and hate)free.

You do realize people can't push a button and have SVB show up in their pool or living room?

Would.love to be able to mimick every rack of say a SVB vs Dennis O match, or how about Earl vs Efren in their epic match. There is no limit to what you can learn here - but I guess you are too smart for that lolol
Jason

bbb
08-06-2017, 04:27 AM
denwhit
could you post a picture of where the projector is located when the system is all set up and ready to go please

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 04:29 AM
You do realize people can't push a button and have SVB show up in their pool or living room?

Would.love to be able to mimick every rack of say a SVB vs Dennis O match, or how about Earl vs Efren in their epic match. There is no limit to what you can learn here - but I guess you are too smart for that lolol
Jason
A Digital SVB and Dennis could be "there" just like in Madden Football!

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 04:37 AM
The projector could be "installed" on top of an existing pool table light, the image shining down "thru" a hole to the side of any bulbs.
A custom pool table lamp could be built to have the projection hole be in the true center, between a set of LED panels that is housed in a frame that keeps side glare away and could be dimmed as needed for clarity.

denwhit
could you post a picture of where the projector is located when the system is all set up and ready to go please

It sets up with a projector, like a TV screen projector, that is about 7' away on your ceiling. The computer that the projectorpro people use is attached to the projector. Naturally, if you stand in the path of the projector, you'll get a shadow into the table. Watch the guys on youtube.

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 04:52 AM
I see what you are saying......
During televised matches you would have data boxes and digital lines showing the audience what's what.
Much like in Golf and that krazy American Football.
That could be done "automatically" by the system so you would be seeing real time information.

The data would be collected as the match goes on and would be available for future download at your "teaching table" (tm).
Like you said, also great during match replays at home to study the nuances of a players style.

Again all of that could be done with cameras and sensors above an ordinary table.
The table would not have to modified or equipped.
Makes it work anywhere, anytime.

Great Idea! Thanks WGDave

The Augmented Reality concept will be great as a teaching tool.
The concept I am speaking of would not change the game from the players prospective one bit.

Many many possibilities.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 06:24 AM
denwhit

Sure; This projector and the little deck of cards microcomputer that ProjectorPro puts out. I have not tucked this all in yet but you can see it. I have 10' ceilings so I have to have it all about 2' below that and 7' from the end of the pool table. If you have any questions at all you can call them at 720-949-8033 and let them know what you have. Robin has one for his 7' at the end and is getting one for his 9' but he has to install the 9' at the sides so he's got to understand what projector he has to have.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 06:31 AM
(Sounds Familiar?)

It's the micro computer that ProjectorProBilliards has put out. It takes a local TV projector and transmits the pool table like a 9' X 4.5' or 8' X 4'. If you install a TV projector up on the ceiling at 7' away, you'll get the end of the table at the right width BUT the far end would be about 10' apart. THIS is what has set the whole deal apart. Their computer will load all of everything we would ever want as far as drills, balls, games, patterns, safeties, etc. etc.

BassMasterK
08-06-2017, 09:21 AM
They have a video showing how to set up the projector and do an initial calibration and it looks like you don't have to do ceiling mount, it can even mount on a shelf set at the right height/distance which is very appealing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZ_8v2VBrw

Two things I'm wondering:

One, does the light from the projector interfere with vision when you are down on the table practicing drills. With the projector at one end of the table, even with it fairly high up it isn't like it is projecting perpendicularly down on the table, it is coming in at a slant. I would think this could potentially create a problem if you were looking in the direction of the projector.

Two, with the projector being at one end of the table and not projecting perpendicularly down to the table, does the projection at the far end of the table get stretched or does the calibration system somehow compensate for this?

This looks to be a really cool setup and eliminates a lot of what I found tedious about running drills (repeating exact ball placement, looking from book to table, using paper on the table to create zones, etc).

BassMasterK
08-06-2017, 09:36 AM

I saw one projection that showed the expected path of the cue ball with a certain amount of English as part of a drill. It looks like the system simply projects static images, it isn't doing any computational calculations or sensing what is physically going on at the table.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 09:38 AM
They have a video showing how to set up the projector and do an initial calibration and it looks like you don't have to do ceiling mount, it can even mount on a shelf set at the right height/distance which is very appealing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZ_8v2VBrw

Two things I'm wondering:

One, does the light from the projector interfere with vision when you are down on the table practicing drills. With the projector at one end of the table, even with it fairly high up it isn't like it is projecting perpendicularly down on the table, it is coming in at a slant. I would think this could potentially create a problem if you were looking in the direction of the projector.

Two, with the projector being at one end of the table and not projecting perpendicularly down to the table, does the projection at the far end of the table get stretched or does the calibration system somehow compensate for this?

This looks to be a really cool setup and eliminates a lot of what I found tedious about running drills (repeating exact ball placement, looking from book to table, using paper on the table to create zones, etc).

NO, the projector does NOT cause any discomfort at all. I have mine about 7.5-8' and it does not cause any problems. The far end of the table has the ball numbers the same size at the fore end but the display is not as clear, but just as good. All we have to do is set up the balls and it's plenty for that. I love mine by doing drills in combination ball runs. They have it all set up with 2 ball runs and all the way to 10 ball runs. I set mine on 5 and did 10 each and am now working on 7 ball runs. I don't know how many runs they give but must be 50 or so in each ball pattern. I love to drill on patterns but the paper forms were just too much for me. Now, I can set them up and twist them vertically or horizontally. And, this is just with the stuff the Projector Pros gave.... I have an instructor that will be producing all of his stuff soon enough and I understand other instructors will be doing the same.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 09:44 AM
I saw one projection that showed the expected path of the cue ball with a certain amount of English as part of a drill. It looks like the system simply projects static images, it isn't doing any computational calculations or sensing what is physically going on at the table.

No, nothing to do with your CB. Everything has to come from the projector. Now, you can do the drills, patterns, etc. or enter into it the patterns that you want or see on TV etc.

mvp
08-06-2017, 09:49 AM
This will be really really cool in a few years! As the the technology improves and gets smaller! Then ppl would be able to buy downloads from every instructor on the planet!

BassMasterK
08-06-2017, 09:51 AM
NO, the projector does NOT cause any discomfort at all. I have mine about 7.5-8' and it does not cause any problems. The far end of the table has the ball numbers the same size at the fore end but the display is not as clear, but just as good. All we have to do is set up the balls and it's plenty for that. I love mine by doing drills in combination ball runs. They have it all set up with 2 ball runs and all the way to 10 ball runs. I set mine on 5 and did 10 each and am now working on 7 ball runs. I don't know how many runs they give but must be 50 or so in each ball pattern. I love to drill on patterns but the paper forms were just too much for me. Now, I can set them up and twist them vertically or horizontally. And, this is just with the stuff the Projector Pros gave.... I have an instructor that will be producing all of his stuff soon enough and I understand other instructors will be doing the same.

Thanks for the quick reply and the answers to my questions. I saw a video where they went through the different ball run patterns and it looked like there is a lot there. Plus you can take a pattern and mirror image it to run the exact same pattern from the other side of the table. It also looked very simple and not too time consuming to set up your own patterns, basically as long as it takes to select a ball and click on the table as many times as there are balls in the drill. There is a lot to really love here. I'm starting the process of building a game room and this is looking more and more like it will be an addition to my setup.

As someone else said, this is just the beginning as far as content goes.

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Can this system be updated over time? Is the projector software in the microcomputer updatable if the company comes out with improvements?

How do you get new things in and out of that computer? I've never seen one of those little ones.

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Ps thank you for answering all of our questions!

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Can this system be updated over time? Is the projector software in the microcomputer updatable if the company comes out with improvements?

How do you get new things in and out of that computer? I've never seen one of those little ones.

Oh Yeah, it's just now getting started. The ProjectorPro are just about a week or so away to offer their second version of their set up. It's very easy now but will be much easier in the future. I think all pool teachers will come up to this eventually.

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Oh Yeah, it's just now getting started. The ProjectorPro are just about a week or so away to offer their second version of their set up. It's very easy now but will be much easier in the future. I think all pool teachers will come up to this eventually.
Every Billiards Room should have one table setup as a "Teaching Table"(tm).

Query?
Would any of you visit and pay to use such a teaching system?
What if it was a single table in a nice space conducive to pool lessons?
Emerald City Billiards in Glendale, CA had a single table used for instruction before Cory retired.

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Are the developers AZB members?

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Are the developers AZB members?
Isn't everybody a member?

Seriously, Dr. Dave trusted it enough to allow his info on the system.
I think he did it voluntarily. But Not Sure.

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Isn't everybody a member?

Seriously, Dr. Dave trusted it enough to allow his info on the system.
I think he did it voluntarily. But Not Sure.

Ha ha... I'm asking as it would be cool if they were on here and interacting with us, like the OB guys, for example.

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Ha ha... I'm asking as it would be cool if they were on here and interacting with us, like the OB guys, for example.
Sorry, I did a Jason!

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 12:02 PM
I found the better of the two projectors they recommend for 250 on ebay, factory refurbished. That would bring the total price of the system to 500.

I might pull the trigger, but kind of hate being an early adopter without seeing more. I saw all of their videos on youtube, and am impressed.

I'd still like to see how to go from a page in a drill book I already own, to the screen. They show the end result on youtube, but not how to do it. I'd also like to know if it can do that from a screenshot of a pro match on youtube. And if the camera angle has to be directly overhead, or any angle.

I also see on their site they list linux and windows software. What is this software for? I thought the unit was self contained in that microcomputer? I have a Mac, does that mean this won't work for me?

I'd also like to know more about the microcomputer itself. What are its specs? What OS does it run? How do you update it?

I'd also like to know if there is a social sharing aspect of this. If I generate a drill, can I share it to their website, where then denwhit can get it for free? Like google does with their CAD software and user uploaded models?

dr_dave
08-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Seriously, Dr. Dave trusted it enough to allow his info on the system. I think he did it voluntarily. But Not Sure.I gave them permission to use my stuff, and I also gave them some input on their system, but that's about it. Don't read too much into them using my stuff.

Regards,
Dave

mchnhed
08-06-2017, 12:21 PM
This is like 'Strava' for Pool Players.

I found the better of the two projectors they recommend for 250 on ebay, factory refurbished. That would bring the total price of the system to 500.

I might pull the trigger, but kind of hate being an early adopter without seeing more. I saw all of their videos on youtube, and am impressed.

I'd still like to see how to go from a page in a drill book I already own, to the screen. They show the end result on youtube, but not how to do it. I'd also like to know if it can do that from a screenshot of a pro match on youtube. And if the camera angle has to be directly overhead, or any angle.

I also see on their site they list linux and windows software. What is this software for? I thought the unit was self contained in that microcomputer? I have a Mac, does that mean this won't work for me?

I'd also like to know more about the microcomputer itself. What are its specs? What OS does it run? How do you update it?

I'd also like to know if there is a social sharing aspect of this. If I generate a drill, can I share it to their website, where then denwhit can get it for free? Like google does with their CAD software and user uploaded models?

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Well, I emailed the developers my list of questions, and asked them to come participate on AZ and this thread.

Saturated Fats
08-06-2017, 01:31 PM

I don't understand. Aren't they selling a computer AND a program?

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Yes, its a computer the size of a deck of cards, and it comes with their proprietary software pre-installed. Price for the combo is 250.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 02:16 PM

I think Mike will answer your questions at 720-949-8033. I know he is a programmer and really helpful. I have a Mac also and they are coming out with Mac software soon but my wife has a Windows and we can use that also. That is in order to utilize their computer to load up dozens and hundreds of patterns, drills, etc, in addition to what they have already on there. It's meant to do just that in the future.

iusedtoberich
08-06-2017, 02:18 PM
I think Mike will answer your questions at 720-949-8033. I know he is a programmer and really helpful. I have a Mac also and they are coming out with Mac software soon but my wife has a Windows and we can use that also. That is in order to utilize their computer to load up dozens and hundreds of patterns, drills, etc, in addition to what they have already on there. It's meant to do just that in the future.

Thank you. I emailed them a coupe of hours ago, so you won't have to answer my questions:) Thanks for being so helpful.

Prairie dog
08-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Yes, that "speaks" to the projector BUT their edition is just a small part of what it can do if you have some stuff you want to load, instructors that want to load onto your computer, etc. etc. that can talk to your projector and onto your table. I fully expect some instructors will come out with their stuff on USB's and their unit has like four of those for added expansion. This is just now the beginning.

bbb
08-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Sure; This projector and the little deck of cards microcomputer that ProjectorPro puts out. I have not tucked this all in yet but you can see it. I have 10' ceilings so I have to have it all about 2' below that and 7' from the end of the pool table. If you have any questions at all you can call them at 720-949-8033 and let them know what you have. Robin has one for his 7' at the end and is getting one for his 9' but he has to install the 9' at the sides so he's got to understand what projector he has to have.

thanks dennis...:thumbup:

Prairie dog
08-07-2017, 07:13 AM
thanks dennis...:thumbup:

Will you be trying it?

bbb
08-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Will you be trying it?

probably yes....:)
i will call mike to have some questions answered
seems like a nobrainer if you can have the drills laid out for you rather than having to go back to the paper copy or computer diagram to make sure the balls are set up correctly

Dave-Kat
08-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I find this very interesting TY Den

Have a good day,

-Kat,

Prairie dog
08-07-2017, 10:21 AM
probably yes....:)
i will call mike to have some questions answered
seems like a nobrainer if you can have the drills laid out for you rather than having to go back to the paper copy or computer diagram to make sure the balls are set up correctly

I can tell you that right now. The patterns on the ProjectorPro is about 30 drills per 2 ball all the way up to 10 ball. Then, just pressing one button, it can be reversed side to side, and then another button to make it end to end reversed. Then there are a whole lot more drills on there as I'm just finding out. I'm up to 8 ball drills just doing 10 drills per ball and then going on up. AND, this is just the start. Robin has been asked to perform some drills and I assume others have also. So, now this is just the very, very beginning of this computer/ pool table deal.

Skippy27
08-07-2017, 03:24 PM

This has got to be one of the worse (as in dumbest) things I have ever seen someone post on here about someone improving their game.

Drills will teach 95% of what you need to walk up to any table and shoot well and do it 100x's faster than shooting actual games.

Shooting makes you better, period. Shooting with a purpose of learning something makes you better. Setting up set shots and shooting them different ways teaches you many things about cue ball control and your abilities. Shooting against someone equates to less shots and a whole lot less learning in any needed areas of the game and in any given amount of time.

WVShootist
08-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Those guys also grew up in the 'golden age of pool,' though. Hotel lobbies had tables, restaurants had tables, bars had tables, every town had at least one actual pool hall. When I was in my 20's and would go out to bars with friends it was actually hit or miss whether or not any of them would feel like playing if the bar even had a table. Technology being invented for a dying game is a great step towards making it relevant with younger people.

Look at that stupid Pokémon Go app, you had a generation of kids/young adults who wouldn't get off the couch most of the time who were suddenly walking miles a day to use a phone app. And there were hundreds of millions of people who downloaded the app. This invention of course does nothing in the way of garnering young attention, as it's expensive and requires a home table. But people with programming knowledge taking an interest in the game? That's a huge step towards the future of pool.

mchnhed
08-08-2017, 05:01 AM
If a Pool Room were to have one "teaching table"(tm) they could charge a premium price for it's use.
It can still be used as a regular table during extra busy hours.
All the equipment is above head.

This way of projecting images onto the table surface is the future of instruction.
Suggested shot lines using Augmented Reality will add an element of support that can be visualized.

Those guys also grew up in the 'golden age of pool,' though. Hotel lobbies had tables, restaurants had tables, bars had tables, every town had at least one actual pool hall. When I was in my 20's and would go out to bars with friends it was actually hit or miss whether or not any of them would feel like playing if the bar even had a table. Technology being invented for a dying game is a great step towards making it relevant with younger people.

Look at that stupid Pokémon Go app, you had a generation of kids/young adults who wouldn't get off the couch most of the time who were suddenly walking miles a day to use a phone app. And there were hundreds of millions of people who downloaded the app. This invention of course does nothing in the way of garnering young attention, as it's expensive and requires a home table. But people with programming knowledge taking an interest in the game? That's a huge step towards the future of pool.

garczar
08-08-2017, 05:32 AM
This has got to be one of the worse (as in dumbest) things I have ever seen someone post on here about someone improving their game.

Drills will teach 95% of what you need to walk up to any table and shoot well and do it 100x's faster than shooting actual games.

Shooting makes you better, period. Shooting with a purpose of learning something makes you better. Setting up set shots and shooting them different ways teaches you many things about cue ball control and your abilities. Shooting against someone equates to less shots and a whole lot less learning in any needed areas of the game and in any given amount of time.Did you even read(much less grasp) what was in my statement you quoted? I NEVER said/meant that drills aren't needed. What i DID say/mean is playing people you can't beat is needed as well. You can practice/shoot/drill ALL you want but NO drill will prepare you or anyone else for face-to-face combat in real-world competition. You see this in poolrooms EVERYWHERE: a guy/gal practices and gets to where they can run out with ease in PRACTICE. Same player tee's it up against a better player in a match and gets HAMMERED. Why? Take-ur-pick: nerves, lack of match exp., fear, you name it. ALL the drills in the world will NOT prepare one for this.

Prairie dog
08-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Tom and Mike Flanagan, the owners of ProjectionProBilliards, have relayed to me that they are ready to post on AZB but have to wait until AZB gives them the okay. They will quickly answer the questions we all have just as soon as AZB gives them the answer.

Prairie dog
08-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Did you even read(much less grasp) what was in my statement you quoted? I NEVER said/meant that drills aren't needed. What i DID say/mean is playing people you can't beat is needed as well. You can practice/shoot/drill ALL you want but NO drill will prepare you or anyone else for face-to-face combat in real-world competition. You see this in poolrooms EVERYWHERE: a guy/gal practices and gets to where they can run out with ease in PRACTICE. Same player tee's it up against a better player in a match and gets HAMMERED. Why? Take-ur-pick: nerves, lack of match exp., fear, you name it. ALL the drills in the world will NOT prepare one for this.

Hey Garczar, As you know I have nothing against anything you've said on here. I actually agree with you in that someone has to play for money to get really good at pool. I just don't care to go out at 7 pm at night and watch old women with #2 league play, play in league. I did that for one year and I hated it. All sports have that same deal. golf has millions of guys that can hit it long and straight (on the range and for their buddies on the golf course), but when they play for the tournaments, they shoot 82. NOT everyone can play the big time game. I have a nice table at home and have some guys that come over and we play (during the day). At night, I'm home with my wife.

garczar
08-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Hey Garczar, As you know I have nothing against anything you've said on here. I actually agree with you in that someone has to play for money to get really good at pool. I just don't care to go out at 7 pm at night and watch old women with #2 league play, play in league. I did that for one year and I hated it. All sports have that same deal. golf has millions of guys that can hit it long and straight (on the range and for their buddies on the golf course), but when they play for the tournaments, they shoot 82. NOT everyone can play the big time game. I have a nice table at home and have some guys that come over and we play (during the day). At night, I'm home with my wife.My last post was really directed at skippy27. I have no clue what you meant by the old women league statement. I hope your new gadget helps you get better. I personally feel i can do all the drills i need(ever watch D. Appleton's stuff?) without the need/cost of buying a table then spending another 700-1000bux for this set-up.

Prairie dog
08-08-2017, 07:13 AM
My last post was really directed at skippy27. I have no clue what you meant by the old women league statement. I hope your new gadget helps you get better. I personally feel i can do all the drills i need(ever watch D. Appleton's stuff?) without the need/cost of buying a table then spending another 700-1000bux for this set-up.

That is "league" play that lots of people on here participate in. That starts at 7:30pm at night and I did not like it. I've done the drills on all aspects of the game and my buddies will tell you I've improved. BUT, the ProjectorProBilliards deal is the real deal as far as doing drills and patterns, and that is what I've been missing. Doing the patterns with the balls laid out is sooo easy. I hope someone can enjoy it like I do.

MOJOE
08-08-2017, 07:21 AM

Yeah, you are absolutely right. Let's all learn the hard way and no use the latest technology. I'm surprised that golfer are not still using wooden shafts too. :confused:

If you choose to not use the latest technology, good for you.

garczar
08-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Yeah, you are absolutely right. Let's all learn the hard way and no use the latest technology. I'm surprised that golfer are not still using wooden shafts too. :confused:

If you choose to not use the latest technology, good for you.Drills are drills. Do you really need an overhead projector to tell you where to place the balls? How does this make it "learning the easy way" as opposed to "the hard way"? If you place the balls and do the drills WHAT difference does it make? Does having projected images on the table make you learn better/faster? If you want to use it, knock yourself out but don't try telling me that not using it is learning the hard way. BTW, speaking of "confused": what does a piece of equipment(golf shaft in your analogy) have to do with a learning/teaching method?

iusedtoberich
08-08-2017, 01:07 PM
No one "needs" this. Anyone can put the effort forward to place balls on the table, put doughnuts, design their own drills, or copy someone else's drills.

The point of this product is to make all of that easier.

Now, if this product changes a players habbits from doing 1 drill a week for an hour, to 50 drills a week for 10 hours, then that is a net improvement to that players focused practice time.

If that proves the player is lazy, so what. At the end of the day if this makes a given player increase their focused practice, then it's worth it for that player.

mchnhed
08-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Drills are drills. Do you really need an overhead projector to tell you where to place the balls? How does this make it "learning the easy way" as opposed to "the hard way"? If you place the balls and do the drills WHAT difference does it make? Does having projected images on the table make you learn better/faster? If you want to use it, knock yourself out but don't try telling me that not using it is learning the hard way. BTW, speaking of "confused": what does a piece of equipment(golf shaft in your analogy) have to do with a learning/teaching method?
1. I need to bring a Book of Drills so I can lay the pattern out.
The projected image shows me where.
2. I have to keep looking at the book, checking the table, looking at the book, checking the table, until the drill is set up.
3. The Pool Room I go to will not allow you to use the Donuts for repeatability.
The projected image allows me repeatability.

Yes, I will learn faster because I can setup faster, have more drills available and can concentrate on practicing rather than studying drawings of drills and trying to translate them into the real world.

garczar
08-08-2017, 03:13 PM
1. I need to bring a Book of Drills so I can lay the pattern out.
2. I have to keep looking at the book, checking the table, looking at the book, checking the table, until the drill is set up.
3. The Pool Room I go to will not allow you to use the Donuts for repeatability.
The projected image allows me repeatability.

Yes, I will learn faster because I can setup faster, have more drills available and can concentrate on practicing rather than studying drawings of drills and trying to translate them into the real world.There's this amazing ability us humans have. Its called MEMORY. I don't know what this "Book of Drills" is to be honest. There's about 4 or 5 that will train both pocketing and ball movement. No donuts required,unless they've got sprinkles;). You guys have fun with your new gadget. BTW, faster rarely equals better. But hey, if it makes your pool journey all warm-n-fuzzy to you, so be it.

Mikey Town
08-08-2017, 03:25 PM
I think this thing looks awesome... It's great for drills, but think of the other applications.

You can create new games... Pocket a particular shot, and get the cue ball to land into a target... different point values the closer you get to the center of the target. Have a set of 10 shots, keep the total score of each player and place your bets!

There are all sorts of different scoreboards you can design that can be projected onto the table. Though this may be a bit easier if it could be hooked up to a phone app for scoring control.

Or you can just use the convenience of the "place projector anywhere" calibration that this has built in to it, to easily project images, logos, messages, etc... onto the table for parties and gatherings.

Personally, I'd love to see a "famous shots" package that is based on great shots from high profile matches and movies. Just imagine watching the movie clip of Paul Newman making the "Hustler Bank" right on your pool table, then when the clip is over, a projection appears of exactly how to set that shot up and make it... or maybe you watch Corey Deuel get out of this rack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDrZK6VpuU then see exactly how to setup the layout and try to get out from the same place he did.

So many possibilities...

mchnhed
08-08-2017, 03:58 PM
There's this amazing ability us humans have. Its called MEMORY. I don't know what this "Book of Drills" is to be honest. There's about 4 or 5 that will train both pocketing and ball movement. No donuts required,unless they've got sprinkles;). You guys have fun with your new gadget. BTW, faster rarely equals better. But hey, if it makes your pool journey all warm-n-fuzzy to you, so be it.
GWAR - Where else am I going to learn and know about drills other than an Book, Article, Video or in this case an image of a diagram.
Unless YOU are willing to teach them to me.
I do not know any drills to practice with. As a ball banger I want to get better.
Plus I may be doing the wrong ones.
Please if you would....
Describe the 4-5 drills so that I may use them.
I appreciate your offering to help.

mchnhed
08-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Hey Garczar.
I actually agree with you in that someone has to play for money to get really good at pool.
I'll bet you that's not true.

mjflanman32
08-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Hi guys, this is Tom one of the co creators of Projection Pro Billiards. Sorry it took so long to chime in but the registration took awhile for some unknown reason. Anyway, I have been reading the posts and dying to respond but a lot of you completely understand the purpose of the product.

How did the product start?

I am 54 years old, I was at the table using Bullseye Billiards from my Ipad, Looking at the pad then the table then the pad then the table, etc,etc. My son Mike, saw me doing that and said there has to be a better way. that is why it was created.

It does not show you how to aim or use english or where the cue ball is going.
What it does is takes all your drills and drill books and anything else you might have manually put on your table and projects their image so you no longer have to set up every time. You still have to put in the work. But I have been using my system for about 8 months now and I can tell you I still love it. I now enjoy practicing because like many others I would go downstairs look through my books then just bang balls around. Not a good practice method.
Now 2 hours go by and I'm still having fun. (Lot's of choices to work on with just a click of the mouse).

I'm guessing for most people a 1 hour practice session is 20 minutes setting drills and 40 minutes practicing. With our system a 1 hour practice session is 58 minutes of actual practice. Anyway I will answer any questions you may have

Tom

Prairie dog
08-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Hi guys, this is Tom one of the co creators of Projection Pro Billiards. Sorry it took so long to chime in but the registration took awhile for some unknown reason. Anyway, I have been reading the posts and dying to respond but a lot of you completely understand the purpose of the product.

I am 54 years old, I was at the table using Bullseye Billiards from my Ipad, Looking at the pad then the table then the pad then the table, etc,etc. My son Mike, saw me doing that and said there has to be a better way. that is why it was created.

What it does is takes all your drills and drill books and anything else you might have manually put on your table and projects their image so you no longer have to set up every time. You still have to put in the work. But I have been using my system for about 8 months now and I can tell you I still love it. I now enjoy practicing because like many others I would go downstairs look through my books then just bang balls around. Not a good practice method.
Now 2 hours go by and I'm still having fun. (Lot's of choices to work on with just a click of the mouse).

I'm guessing for most people a 1 hour practice session is 20 minutes setting drills and 40 minutes practicing. With our system a 1 hour practice session is 58 minutes of actual practice. Anyway I will answer any questions you may have

Tom

Hey Tom, I'm glad you are on here. The AZ Billiards will enlighten you! Thanks for your and your son's computer design! I have been doing drills on everything but never the patterns BECAUSE they took so much time to position the balls and so just didn't do them. NOW, I'm doing those all the time with your machine!
Now, can you tell us what instructors will be working with you on developing new projects? ? I think to get everyone interested, you might tell us how your development will be compounded into the future.....

WVShootist
08-08-2017, 11:43 PM
If a Pool Room were to have one "teaching table"(tm) they could charge a premium price for it's use.
It can still be used as a regular table during extra busy hours.
All the equipment is above head.

This way of projecting images onto the table surface is the future of instruction.
Suggested shot lines using Augmented Reality will add an element of support that can be visualized.

Excellent point!

Moet.1977
08-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Tom

First off welcome to the forum.
Personally I want to thank you for your design, if it will help get the next generation evolved in pool then it's a great thing.
I think new technology is a great way to help get the youth to start playing pool.
Hope you stick around AZ there's a great wealth of knowledge here not to mention some really great people.

BassMasterK
08-09-2017, 05:51 PM

Tom

Hi Tom, your product looks pretty amazing. One of the things I have seen a couple people ask is how someone would take a drill from a book and get it into the system. Same thing from a photo of a ball layout, I think it was mentioned that a photo of a table could be converted and displayed.

Prairie dog
08-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Hi Tom, your product looks pretty amazing. One of the things I have seen a couple people ask is how someone would take a drill from a book and get it into the system. Same thing from a photo of a ball layout, I think it was mentioned that a photo of a table could be converted and displayed.

Hey Bass, I'm sure Tom will answer you but I just uploaded 12-9 ball patterns into my 9 ball folder onto their micro-computer connected to the projector. It's sooo easy. Now I can venture back to these and run them out or reverse them and fold them all by pushing one button. All one has to do is to see the ball layout on the paper, book and enter it into the table using their software and their computer. They just came out with a new program yesterday and it makes it even easier. These guys are up to the task! I love mine!

Prairie dog
08-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Hey Bass, I'm sure Tom will answer you but I just uploaded 12-9 ball patterns into my 9 ball folder onto their micro-computer connected to the projector. It's sooo easy. Now I can venture back to these and run them out or reverse them and fold them all by pushing one button. All one has to do is to see the ball layout on the paper, book and enter it into the table using their software and their computer. They just came out with a new program yesterday and it makes it even easier. These guys are up to the task! I love mine!

I'll bet the new guys at AZB, projectionprobilliards, will be coming in here.

Prairie dog
08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
I down loaded Tor's 45 patterns into my micro-computer. It is so much easier to just click on a pattern and it shows up on the pool table versus trying to get the ball positions from a book. If any of you are interested in this, I think Tom and Mike (the developers of ProjectorProBilliards.Com) are on here now and will answer any of your questions.
Also, if anyone knows of important patterns for 9 ball and 10 ball, I'm interested in them and will buy the book or whatever. Thanks.

BassMasterK
08-15-2017, 09:44 AM
I down loaded Tor's 45 patterns into my micro-computer. It is so much easier to just click on a pattern and it shows up on the pool table versus trying to get the ball positions from a book. If any of you are interested in this, I think Tom and Mike (the developers of ProjectorProBilliards.Com) are on here now and will answer any of your questions.
Also, if anyone knows of important patterns for 9 ball and 10 ball, I'm interested in them and will buy the book or whatever. Thanks.

How did you exactly download the patterns into the computer? I'm trying to envision exactly how this occurs. Do you literally download them (ie.hit a button and it automatically populates the table from some file)? Or are you manually placing ball locations on the table using the mouse like they showed with one video, and then saving that pattern?

Also, let say there is a drill that I have in a book, that has an element of graphics (think bullseye target or squares for cue ball placement). How do you get those from the book to the table? Is this something you can scan in from the book? (Because I would think you would need the background to be clear and not white) Or do you have to draw things by hand? If you are drawing boxes or targets or lines by hand, what do you use to draw them?

I guess the one thing I am still really trying to figure out is how to build custom drills or transfer drills that have graphics and that aren't just putting a ball number on the table like they have already showed.

Thanks for any info. Again, this looks pretty dang amazing and it is on my list of things to include in my new game room once it is built.

iusedtoberich
08-15-2017, 10:21 AM
I wonder if it could be possible to broadcast a pro match on the table itself, as a video. Then you pause it, and try to duplicate their shots. That would be fun.

fastone371
08-15-2017, 12:51 PM

Yeah cause sitting in your chair watching your opponent run out on you really helps my game. If I wanna watch players run out I can just watch videos all day. Nothing helps your game like actually setting up shots until you get them right especially when you add multiple positioning to the mix.

mchnhed
08-15-2017, 01:24 PM
The last time you were in a Pool Hall I came up to you and asked you for advice and a game.
You laughed in my face, called me a Nit and said I wasn't good enough to play against you.
What am I to learn from that?

Prairie dog
08-18-2017, 06:23 AM
Just posted 20+ more nine ball pattern videos to the micro computer/ projector. Sooo much easier than laying these out via paper drills. I'm loading patterns that have special cue ball run out patterns so that i can learn them. If any of you have patterns that SVB or some other pro has run out, please let me know about them or you could send them to me via email. There are about 3-4 ways to load these drills/ patterns up onto the micro computer; You can lay them out on the table and the micro computer will pick them up or you can load them on your computer and the micro computer software will load them up. If any of you drill and do pattern work on your tables at home, this is the machine for you. Projectorprobilliards.com. They will answer your questions.

Here is a picture of a pattern that I just put on. Can you imagine how easy the balls lay out versus you using a paper pattern????

Meucciplayer
08-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Hi,

I'm new here at AZB.

Question: Would this also work on a 7 ft. table? (Don't have room for a larger one, sadly).

mchnhed
08-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Hi, I'm new here at AZB.
Question: Would this also work on a 7 ft. table? (Don't have room for a larger one, sadly).
Sure.
It's all proportional.
Just zoom it to the edges of the cushions and you're all set to practice.

Prairie dog
08-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Hi,

I'm new here at AZB.

Yes, I think a 7' projector is the cheapest one. You can go on line at Projectionprobilliards.com. Remember this is the very beginning of a computer/ projector scanning a pool table, so we are at the very start of what it will do.

iusedtoberich
08-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Any word from the inventors? I have not seen them back on this thread except once a couple weeks ago. I also never got an answer to the email I sent to their website a couple weeks ago.

Prairie dog
08-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Any word from the inventors? I have not seen them back on this thread except once a couple weeks ago. I also never got an answer to the email I sent to their website a couple weeks ago.

I believe they were gone on vacation for a while there.

Prairie dog
08-25-2017, 06:29 AM
I know they are newest members here but probably don't know how to respond to your questions. BUT, they have a website; Projectionprobilliards.com and that is where you should go to answer all questions and not on a viewer pool site. They have their phone numbers there on the website and I think they invite all callers.

RussPrince
08-25-2017, 01:42 PM
amazing what can be done with a $1 sharpie. just put dots at all diamond intersections and you will never have a problem setting up or reproducing a shot ever again.

Prairie dog
08-25-2017, 02:03 PM
amazing what can be done with a $1 sharpie. just put dots at all diamond intersections and you will never have a problem setting up or reproducing a shot ever again.

Want to bet on the measure time to put on a 9 or 10 ball pattern, you using your paper and I'll use my projector? How about flipping it horizontally or vertically? I have dots on all of my intersections but that doesn't help too much putting up a pattern. I'll pick mine.

RussPrince
08-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Well fist off you're only talking about about the first few times you even run a drill. Once you've played a drill a few times you'll already pretty much know where the balls need to go anyways. I guarantee you I'd have all the balls placed just as accurately as you can twice before you're done fumbling with the the projector and loading up what pattern you want.

If it's really a problem, you simply are not practising enough. Also don't rely on written down patterns so much. Some are ok as warmup, but you need to keep your practice time dynamic to some extent. The balls will not follow any rules when you go to shoot a game.

Prairie dog
08-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Well fist off you're only talking about about the first few times you even run a drill. Once you've played a drill a few times you'll already pretty much know where the balls need to go anyways. I guarantee you I'd have all the balls placed just as accurately as you can twice before you're done fumbling with the the projector and loading up what pattern you want.

If it's really a problem, you simply are not practising enough. Also don't rely on written down patterns so much. Some are ok as warmup, but you need to keep your practice time dynamic to some extent. The balls will not follow any rules when you go to shoot a game.

That is all true, but I'm selecting patterns that have different problems with different solutions. I take lessons from a pro that has designed them and we work on them in my two week lessons. But, "pretty" is all in the beholder. I've done drill after drill but neglected to put up the patterns because of the work involved..... The projector ends that. Just my deal.

RussPrince
08-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Gottcha :thumbup:

mchnhed
08-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Every time I try putting dots on the table.....
I get kick out of the pool hall.