PDA

View Full Version : Best line from a losing opponent.

9andout
08-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Was at a bar tonight.
The great line was:
"I only missed one shot"
Hahahahah
How about you AZ?

peppersauce
08-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Had a guy tell me, "It's easy to win when you don't have to shoot any tough shots." I kindly thanked him for unwittingly paying me a huge compliment, lol.

9andout
08-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Had a guy tell me, "It's easy to win when you don't have to shoot any tough shots." I kindly thanked him for unwittingly paying me a huge compliment, lol.

Love it!
Keep 'em coming!

De420MadHatter
08-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Here's all the money I owe you.

mmwtdh
08-04-2017, 07:45 PM

Yup.

"Sure you won, all of your shots were straight in....."

Fenwick
08-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Nothing. I ran 5 racks of 9 ball and that pretty much shut him up. I don't think we've spoken since. What can I say? I was angry and caught a gear.

one stroke
08-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Nothing. I ran 5 racks of 9 ball and that pretty much shut him up. I don't think we've spoken since. What can I say? I was angry and caught a gear.
Ha I would have said rackem champ let's see that one more time with your eyes open :eek:

iusedtoberich
08-04-2017, 08:17 PM
You shoot good, but you also shoot lucky. :)

ctyhntr
08-04-2017, 08:25 PM
I had a oblivious team captain say something similar. 'What's so good about this D, all I've seen him make is easy shots' Within two years, the player was re-ranked as C+, and likely broke into the B range.

my favorite line. You didn't win, I lost.

Get_A_Grip
08-04-2017, 08:43 PM
After a run-out, I got this one: You know that was lucky, right?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

BC21
08-04-2017, 08:45 PM
The guy said, "You need to come to my end of the valley where the pockets are 4-3/8, then we'll see how you hit em."

We were playing on a 9ft Diamond, 4-1/2" pockets, old cloth.

mchnhed
08-04-2017, 09:19 PM
I lost because.....
I'm tired.
I was on AzB 'till three in the morning having a flame war!

dnixon
08-04-2017, 09:22 PM
This happened Tuesday night. This league is fixed your handicap is way too low. You shouldn't even know what that shot!

Shannon.spronk
08-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Opponent turns to tourney director who is watching our game. "This is crap. How is he a B. Did you see that shot. No B player would even see that shot". In my defense I was shooting very well that night and won the local tournament.

jasonlaus
08-05-2017, 01:09 AM
I lost because.....
I'm tired.
I was on AzB 'till three in the morning having a flame war!

Were you playing me? Lol
Jason

dnixon
08-05-2017, 02:17 AM
You're lucky I didn't have my cue with me. I would've won

Superiorduper
08-05-2017, 04:51 AM
Opponent hooks himself behind the 7 ball while trying to play shape on the 6, fouls, and says "you got lucky" I burst into laughter exclaiming that I had nothing to do with him stepping on his own tally whacker.

Bella Don't Cry
08-05-2017, 05:51 AM
"Damn... You're too good to be in The Open."
First round losing opponent at The Open, SBE 2012 :thumbup:

BC21
08-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Opponent hooks himself behind the 7 ball while trying to play shape on the 6, fouls, and says "you got lucky" I burst into laughter exclaiming that I had nothing to do with him stepping on his own tally whacker.

I always love this one! I usually come back at them with "you make your own rolls buddy".

It's funny how some players truly believe luck is either with them or against them, when in reality the only difference between "good" luck and "bad" luck is our ability to be observant and to notice certain things. If you overlook pitfalls or potential trouble, don't say you got a bad roll, and don't blame it on bad luck. If you are observant and notice certain opportunities or potential advantages or possible trouble, you will be more equipped to do the right thing. Others will say you got lucky, or you're "getting all the rolls". But actually you're just being more observant and aware of what's going on around you, making your own luck, creating your own rolls.

us820
08-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I beat a drunk and he said "Oh ,Mr Serious doesn't drink.It's a-holes like you that ruin the tourney for everybody"

Danimal
08-05-2017, 10:24 AM
What about those precious sayings after a tough loss?

I'm beating this guy 5-2 going to seven in a regional event. He catches a gear and comes back to beat me hill-hill, knocking me out of the tournament. He played really well, running out the racks on every one of my mishaps and sprinkling in a couple of break and runs.

We shake hands after the last rack and he says to me: "You know what the thing is - I don't play so much now and don't really care for competition anymore." :(:angry:

strmanglr scott
08-05-2017, 10:30 AM
After a run-out, I got this one: You know that was lucky, right?

Those are the best because that betting bridge isn't burnt.

20 years ago or more before I played much got beat by a friend 30-2.

I was like, you were getting lucky leaves all day!

garczar
08-05-2017, 11:26 AM
"Your chemicals were better than mine" Often heard in 70's-80's.

driven
08-05-2017, 01:09 PM
In a double elim. tourny years ago, nine ball, first match I beat a "much better player", at least in his own mind.

A little while later I was walking by him as he said to a friend, "he was making everything"
He said it like it was some kind of bad thing.

I thought to myself, tell it to your buddies in the losers bracket.

That is all i got, I don't get out much
steven

jalapus logan
08-05-2017, 03:07 PM
I think I remember someone running out a set on Shannon Daullton and Shannon said "damn, I dogged the flip" lol.

TheMarsMan
08-05-2017, 04:20 PM
"You didn't beat me, I just ran out of money!" - Scotty Townsend

Get_A_Grip
08-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Those are the best because that betting bridge isn't burnt.

20 years ago or more before I played much got beat by a friend 30-2.

I was like, you were getting lucky leaves all day!
Yeah, the guy that said that to me was the captain of our team. So eventually we went to the pool room on a 9-foot table. We kept track of the games and I beat him 24 to 4. His comment then was, "I didn't get worse, you got better!". Haha

He even made me rack some of the last games even after I won (he didn't want everyone in the room to see how bad I was beating him). LOL

JohnnyOzone
08-05-2017, 05:16 PM
If I ever beat anybody I'll try to remember what they say

Lucasi53
08-05-2017, 07:07 PM
while beating a local playing 9-ball, I was in mid-stroke when the guy said "I use to shoot real good 'til I got shot in the head!" I usually tune out the other player's chit chat, but I remember asking myself "what did he just say?" I learned later he actually did get shot - obviously not fatal. That was a new one for me. Not many guys can make that statement!

androd
08-06-2017, 07:49 AM
I beat Florida Red 6 games 9ball even, he said "Don't leave I'll be back and you got the 8ball" he came
back with two stake horses and dusted me right off.

I said" if you could play like that for your own money you could wear Diamonds"

He said "Yup yore sure nuff right bout dat"

JC
08-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Playing in the first round of a tournament

You were lucky

If you had drawn anyone here but me that performance wouldn't have cut it

He was right

JC

michael4
08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
beat a guy who happened to be black......

accidently overheard him say to his buddy "cant believe I lost to that white boy"

Captain18
08-06-2017, 08:07 PM
"You only win cause of these red circle cueballs....they don't hit the balls right"

jackpot
08-06-2017, 08:31 PM
want to play again tomorrow ?
jack

POOLPLYR1111
08-06-2017, 09:09 PM
I was playing an old timer in the late 90's at the SBE and was shooting lights out. I closed out the set and I see him rubbing his leg in the chair. I said jokingly why are you rubbing your leg Im the one doing all the walking around the table running racks. he says " shut the F**k up junior before i take off my leg and beat you with it". He had a prosthetic leg and i had no idea lol.

Tony_in_MD
08-07-2017, 04:27 AM
These two I remember from years ago.

Yeah you beat me but I am still the better player.....

You play good but you also play lucky.

Inaction
08-07-2017, 07:30 AM
From a friend of the loser, who was playing my friend, Troy, after Troy checks a rack before breaking.

"He must have seen that on ESPN"

Later in the game, Troy plays a great safety, caroming off a ball that was near midtable, then going three rails to hide the cueball behind two balls.

Troy comes up to me and says. "I saw that on ESPN too"

Johnny Rosato
08-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm sober!

measureman
08-07-2017, 04:12 PM
I was playing in a rotation game (1 &5 or Chicago several names for it) and there was a new player in the game.
Its a 4 player game.
I hit a stupid high gear that night.
I made a very high percentage of shots, kicks and banks.
During the game the new player who was losing says "This guy ain't safe under the table"
It was funny, well I guess you had to be there.

rhinobywilhite
08-07-2017, 08:54 PM
"You got all the rolls".

Johnnybgood
08-07-2017, 11:22 PM
I had one about 2 weeks ago from a girl that plays the local tourney at my hall and also at hard times. Race to 3 and I beat her 3 zip. About 15 minutes later she comes to me while I am in the middle of another match and says "you must play in the APA". I said no why? She says because that wiggle you do with your stick. I was like what wiggle thing? She says "that wiggle thing you do with your stick while sitting". I was like what? I didn't even realize I was doing anything. She said that's rude. I laughed and said "first of all there is movement all around the tables". People walking between matches and just other games. Second thing I said was how long have you been playing? She said 6 years. I laughed again. I said I have underwear older than that.

I also pointed out how rude it was to interject yourself into another match you are not playing.

People are characters out there.

alstl
08-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Not really a "line" but I beat a guy once and he asked me to join his APA team as his hidden player. He wanted me to dump matches all year and then turn it up during the playoffs.

Waste one night a week in a bar dumping matches. No thanks.

9andout
08-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Playing with the neighbors tonight.
Usual gripes:
"Your table is too fast"
"Your pockets are too small"
Boo Hoo

MattPoland
08-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Warming up with someone before a tournament. He's got about 30 years on me. He asks, "Do you mind if I call you my rack boy?" I don't mind some competitive jabbing so I say, "Sure, sounds fun." He wins our first game and hollers out, "RACK BOY!" to summon me over. I have a smile and rack them up. He keeps it up any time he wins but I ended up ahead 6-3 on him before we need to give up the table. He packs his cue up trying to figure out where his assumption missed reality and muttered to me, "I guess you were the one that made me your rack boy." I smiled and just said, "Guess so." It was delicious.

Jimmorrison
08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
You play boring pool. I said thanks.

philly
08-08-2017, 05:10 PM
You didn't tell me you wanted to play by yourself.

pt109
08-08-2017, 05:23 PM
My favorite from a losing opponent....

$&@%#....:grin:

CuesDirectly
08-09-2017, 05:10 AM
The only words that should be spoken are,

Great game Sir.

I will rack now. (Unless another person plays next.)

What kind of Beer can I get for you?

CokerFan82
08-09-2017, 09:46 AM
"If I wouldn't have dogged the 6, I'd still be shooting"!

My dad and I still love using the this line to each other lol.

Vince_Former_BB
08-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Was a grizzled old-timer playing in a tournament in Laurel, Maryland. Sam "Seattle Sam" Trivett (I think that's how his last name was spelled), just lost his match to a terrific player in his own right. Sam dejectedly sauntered over to where Scotty and Freddie Boggs and I were sitting on bar stools in the middle of the room, Sam shook his head a few times, Apparently it didn't matter that he lost the match but what DID matter........ "How'd you do Sam?" I asked. "Boys", he growled.................."I just lost to the UGLIEST player in the room." He shook his head some more and strolled away while I attempted to pick myself up off the floor after falling off the stool from laughing so hard.

Vince_Former_BB
08-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Was a grizzled old-timer playing in a tournament in Laurel, Maryland. Sam "Seattle Sam" Trivett (I think that's how his last name was spelled), just lost his match to a terrific player in his own right. Sam dejectedly sauntered over to where Scotty and Freddie Boggs and I were sitting on bar stools in the middle of the room, Sam shook his head a few times, Apparently it didn't matter that he lost the match but what DID matter........ "How'd you do Sam?" I asked. "Boys", he growled.................."I just lost to the UGLIEST player in the room." He shook his head some more and strolled away while I attempted to pick myself up off the floor after falling off the stool from laughing so hard.

Paul Schofield
08-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Forty years ago, after a long session, my opponent and I went to the bar. When the bartender asked what he would like, he replied "Give me an arsenic...make it a double."

9andout
08-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Last night neighbor said he loves my Diamond light.
He was losing.
Then he starts complaining about "not being able to see the lines"
I said "what, do you usually shoot lasers out of your eyes?!!"
We got in a big argument later because I won't join his pool team.
Here's a new one (off topic):
From the neighbor,
"If you don't play in a league you really don't love pool"
What kind of stupid / crazy crap is that? I was cracking up.
I crushed all his crazy reasoning.
I have nothing against leagues. Not trying to flame.
This guy is just clueless.

8ballr
08-09-2017, 04:14 PM
After losing hill hill I said, "double or nothing but this time I'll shoot right handed."
:cool:

michael4
08-09-2017, 04:52 PM
"If you don't play in a league you really don't love pool"

^^^ priceless........:rotflmao:

mvp
08-09-2017, 06:07 PM
When I got beat by an old guy in a weekly tourney, another old guy (non player) said to me as I walked by. " you must play really bad, ole jimmy never beats anybody" I still chuckle about it when I see him.

Lynch
08-09-2017, 06:46 PM
I was playing in a weekly tourney (short race) and we were playing 9 ball on a gold crown with 4" pockets and very worn in cloth. We were both off a little and it was a fairly sloppy match. I think I won 4-2. After making a tough combo to win, I went to shake my opponents hand. He refused, turned away, then quickly whipped around and very loudly said, "Dude, you are ****ing terrible".....You can't make this stuff up.