PDA

View Full Version : New JB case

Coop1701
08-08-2017, 06:48 AM
I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

$TAKE HOR$E
08-08-2017, 06:56 AM
They're great...definitely at the top of the game quality wise

Koop
08-08-2017, 07:24 AM
They make an outstanding case for the money. I own one plus a hybrid Instroke/Barton that is my main case.

ctyhntr
08-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Life is too short, get something that makes you happy!

hang-the-9
08-08-2017, 10:35 AM
I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

Mine took a week under the estimate to get done. Came out better than what the design online looked. I posted some pictures of the process in a post when it was being done, they actually texted me the pictures of the case as it was in construction to double check it was correct before they finished it fully.

I got the 3x6 instead of the 2x4 and was very happy I did. The 3x6 is perfect even for two cues with a few extra shafts and the cost difference is negligible. I did not get any options aside from customizing the colors and adding a towel ring (which looks to be strong enough to pull a tank BTW), I thought for a custom designed case with the quality of the construction it was a fair price. Unlike most I did not get the back-back straps, but you can sling it across your chest side-ways and it ends up acting the same way. You can actually see it in my post about the BEF Nationals where my son is using it. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=457861

cardiac kid
08-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Coop,

Just purchased my second JB case for use while I'm in Vegas. Replaced a twenty plus year old Porper with a torn strap. For the money, John offers the best for a reasonable amount of money. My new case is a 2 x 5 Ultimate with back pack straps. Also has the cue ball pocket in the top, a cell phone pack inside the middle pocket and the big pocket organizer JB offers. Used it during my recent trip to the BCAPl Nationals. The back pack option is the "bomb".

Lyn

cardiac kid
08-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Coop,

The back pack option has a few benefits. First, for events like the league nationals, you can carry the case anywhere without changing shoulders. Sure helped my posture. If you find using both straps on a daily basis is a pain, take one strap off. Also, remember to put your cues in butt first. Leaving the butt end up makes it much more difficult to get the butt out. It's held that tightly! Regardless of which case you chose, you won't be dis-satisfied.

Lyn

GoldCrown
08-08-2017, 08:20 PM
I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

And if it does it worth the wait.

flyrv9
08-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I got the basic black ultimate rugged 3 x 6 JB case a few years back. It was a great deal for the price. I'm not easy on stuff, driving a truck most of the time, and tossing it behind the seat. It has held up well. I'd get another if I had cues to put in it!

Ched
08-09-2017, 12:45 AM
John makes a very good case .. you'll be happy with it.

jasonlaus
08-09-2017, 12:55 AM
I demonstrate mine by leaving it open and turning it upside down.
Jason

gregnice37
08-09-2017, 02:16 AM
I have 8 or 9 JB cases now & they are all awesome. Almost all the different types they offer. Never have a thought about even trying another brand & I've tried many through the years.

Coop1701
08-09-2017, 05:05 AM
I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...

j2pac
08-09-2017, 05:10 AM
I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...

I have a 2X4 rugged that John made for the AZB Gold member giveaway. I believe that he only made 12 of these, that have the AZB logo inside the lid. It will be with me for a very long time. Great case. :cool:
You will enjoy yours.
j2

Sweatin'
08-09-2017, 05:17 AM
So wait-are you guys saying that when your cues and shafts are loaded in a JB case they are somehow captured in the interior and won't fall out even if you open the top and turn the case upside down? And do you need to always put your cues in butt first?

I have a 2x3 Basic Rugged coming in tomorrow but didn't realize I'd need instructions on how to use it.

garczar
08-09-2017, 05:27 AM
So wait-are you guys saying that when your cues and shafts are loaded in a JB case they are somehow captured in the interior and won't fall out even if you open the top and turn the case upside down? And do you need to always put your cues in butt first?

I have a 2x3 Basic Rugged coming in tomorrow but didn't realize I'd need instructions on how to use it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjvLGfsQOw

Andy Hughes
08-09-2017, 05:41 AM
I have a number of JB cases & like them all. You can never have enough pool cue cases!

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

Coop1701
08-09-2017, 05:45 AM
I have a number of JB cases & like them all. You can never have enough pool cue cases!

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

I thought I had a addiction to Pool Cues and Accessories. You Kind Sir have me beat!!!

Andy Hughes
08-09-2017, 05:49 AM
I might have to enter a program soon, Coop! But Jack Justis is here in town for the next 10 days, so it will have to wait. :grin:

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

Coop1701
08-09-2017, 06:31 AM
I might have to enter a program soon, Coop! But Jack Justis is here in town for the next 10 days, so it will have to wait. :grin:

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

I love it... Fine collection of cases too. Pool room is sharp too.

Agent 99
08-09-2017, 12:07 PM

I have a 2x3 Basic Rugged coming in tomorrow but didn't realize I'd need instructions on how to use it.

I have 3 JB Rugged Cases. The 2x3 is by far my favorite .. It is so small and light you would think it is a 1x2, really! It is perfect for no jump cue events and also good for all events if you break with your player.

You have made a wise decision.

Sweatin'
08-09-2017, 01:08 PM
I have 3 JB Rugged Cases. The 2x3 is by far my favorite .. It is so small and light you would think it is a 1x2, really! It is perfect for no jump cue events and also good for all events if you break with your player.

Thank you.

I was actually thinking one player and shaft, a spare shaft for said player, and a jump/break cue and shaft.

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 12:18 PM

Turns out instructions would have been a good thing! I'm struggling a bit on the best way to actually load it to full 2x3 capacity and still be able to pull the butts and shafts out without extreme measures. The one thing I know for sure (at least in my situation) is that the thicker ends of the butts and shafts have to be inserted opposite each other. That is to say, either butts joint down/shafts tips up or vice versa. It ain't happening any other way for me. I also have learned to leave a little of both the butts and shafts sticking up so I'll have something to grab on to in order to pull them out. I've also been using one of those lid grippers out of the kitchen to help get a hold on the pieces. I do have a little arthritis in my hands and fingers but still, these cases capture the butts and shafts really tight. I realize JB wants to make the cases as small as possible for easy handling and transport and I sure appreciate that, but maybe 10% bigger wouldn't hurt? In any event, I'm more than willing to live with it given all the other good things about the cases.

Having said the above I have already ordered my second one, a 1x2. The quality on these cases seems terrific and I think the price is very fair.

sciarco
08-14-2017, 12:37 PM
I have a 2x3 basic rugged J/B case great case, i have 2 cues butts pin up and shafts tip down no problem.

hang-the-9
08-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Turns out instructions would have been a good thing! I'm struggling a bit on the best way to actually load it to full 2x3 capacity and still be able to pull the butts and shafts out without extreme measures. The one thing I know for sure (at least in my situation) is that the thicker ends of the butts and shafts have to be inserted opposite each other. That is to say, either butts joint down/shafts tips up or vice versa. It ain't happening any other way for me. I also have learned to leave a little of both the butts and shafts sticking up so I'll have something to grab on to in order to pull them out. I've also been using one of those lid grippers out of the kitchen to help get a hold on the pieces. I do have a little arthritis in my hands and fingers but still, these cases capture the butts and shafts really tight. I realize JB wants to make the cases as small as possible for easy handling and transport and I sure appreciate that, but maybe 10% bigger wouldn't hurt? In any event, I'm more than willing to live with it given all the other good things about the cases.

Having said the above I have already ordered my second one, a 1x2. The quality on these cases seems terrific and I think the price is very fair.

This is why I got a 3x6 instead of a 2x4 or 2x3 or anything smaller. After seeing how snug the fit is in my son's case with a 2x4, I wanted something roomier. Not that the case can't fit more, but it's most comfy with 2 butts and 4-5 shafts.

Agent 99
08-14-2017, 02:30 PM
I have a 2x3 basic rugged J/B case great case, i have 2 cues butts pin up and shafts tip down no problem.

Same here ... 2 butts and 3 shafts fit perfect - no problem, just right.

Also have a 3x4 ... 3 butts pin up and 4 shafts tip down - everything fits to perfection.

John you make great cases. And you still got the 8 anytime you're ready...

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 02:50 PM
This is why I got a 3x6 instead of a 2x4 or 2x3 or anything smaller. After seeing how snug the fit is in my son's case with a 2x4, I wanted something roomier. Not that the case can't fit more, but it's most comfy with 2 butts and 4-5 shafts.

Thanks, I'll remember that for next time!

Johnny Rosato
08-14-2017, 03:34 PM

2x3 ~ Joints up tips down, jp's on all. A big help is jp's that are grooved to give you a better purchase on them!

cardiac kid
08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Guys,

Tried butt joints down. Had to fight to get the butts out of my 2 x 5 Ultimate. Matt at JB suggested I insert the butt with joint up. Easy extraction now. Always put the shafts in tip down. My joint protectors make removal easy. JMHO.

Lyn

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 04:02 PM
2x3 ~ Joints up tips down, jp's on all. A big help is jp's that are grooved to give you a better purchase on them!

Hey, now that's a great idea-thanks!

JB Cases
08-23-2017, 09:53 PM
We had a bad sewing week so some of the 2x3s might be too tight. Just order a repair at the site, www.jbcases.com and we will send you a new interior. Use internal order for payment.

Coop1701
08-24-2017, 05:31 AM
We had a bad sewing week so some of the 2x3s might be too tight. Just order a repair at the site, www.jbcases.com and we will send you a new interior. Use internal order for payment.

I ordered a Butterfly 4 x 8 Case. I am hoping it's almost ready. I'm really excited.

Sweatin'
08-24-2017, 05:51 AM

This explains a lot!

Just hopefully successfully ordered a new brown interior for my recent 2x3 Basic Rugged.

Poolboss1030
08-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Trust me JB cases are the way to go. It only takes 6 weeks if they don't have the one you ordered in stock and they have to make it

Coop1701
08-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Trust me JB cases are the way to go. It only takes 6 weeks if they don't have the one you ordered in stock and they have to make it

Everything I have read has been awesome. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas though. :)

KAP1976
08-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Got a price quote from Matthew last week on a 3x6 butterfly and will be ordering in the fall.

hang-the-9
08-24-2017, 07:50 AM

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

If I am in Vegas around my birthday and you are wondering what to get me, the grey case 6th from the left will be OK.

Coop1701
08-24-2017, 09:02 AM
If I am in Vegas around my birthday and you are wondering what to get me, the grey case 6th from the left will be OK.

While you're there.. can you pick me up the shiny blue nylon one... 5th from the Right. :)

Thanks

johnnysd
08-24-2017, 11:36 AM

I think JB makes great cases. But for the reasons you list above, I am just not a fan of the Ultrapad interior I find it far too tight for my liking. Others love it, but I don't want my cues held that tightly.

JB also made an interior called the Rebound interior, and it was perfect in my view.from a tightness and usability standpoint. Wish they had that as an option on their rugged line.

JB Cases
08-24-2017, 09:09 PM
I think JB makes great cases. But for the reasons you list above, I am just not a fan of the Ultrapad interior I find it far too tight for my liking. Others love it, but I don't want my cues held that tightly.

JB also made an interior called the Rebound interior, and it was perfect in my view.from a tightness and usability standpoint. Wish they had that as an option on their rugged line.

It is an option but I HATE to make them. Also any of our interiors can be made with as little padding as you request. As long as you agree that I am not responsible for any damage to your cue if you use less padding than I like to use I will put up to none in the interior if you request it.

johnnysd
08-24-2017, 09:25 PM
It is an option but I HATE to make them. Also any of our interiors can be made with as little padding as you request. As long as you agree that I am not responsible for any damage to your cue if you use less padding than I like to use I will put up to none in the interior if you request it.

Why do you hate making them? Because they are less padded?

Johnny Rosato
08-25-2017, 01:47 AM
Ordered my 2x3 on 6/19/17 & received it 7/18/17. Order # 100001252. Interior wants to turn inside out if I load sgafts joint down, is mine one of the lot that needs replacing?

hang-the-9
08-25-2017, 08:32 AM

Now you tell us LOL, one of the things my son is annoyed about is how tight the case gets when close to capacity. But great that you offer all sorts of things even if they are AZB specials. I love showing how the case holds the cues to people, I open it up and shake it upside down. I even had someone that already has a pretty fancy leather case on how to order one.

BTW, I did not hear back from your shop about ordering a sliding strap.

Johnny Rosato
08-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Ordered my 2x3 on 6/19/17 & received it 7/18/17. Order # 100001252. Interior wants to turn inside out if I load sgafts joint down, is mine one of the lot that needs replacing?
Fantastic customer service. Just spoke with John, told me exactly what to do for new interior for my 2x3. It is tight but very usable as is with joints up. No problems whatsoever with my other 3 JB's. All companies should work like this!

JB Cases
08-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Now you tell us LOL, one of the things my son is annoyed about is how tight the case gets when close to capacity. But great that you offer all sorts of things even if they are AZB specials. I love showing how the case holds the cues to people, I open it up and shake it upside down. I even had someone that already has a pretty fancy leather case on how to order one.

BTW, I did not hear back from your shop about ordering a sliding strap.

Please send the message again about the strap. We are currently trying to go through and catch up on the orders and messages that have been mislaid.

If the question is can we or will we do it the answer is probably yes. If it is have done it the answer is probably yes. If the question is did we finish one you ordered the it's probably no but might be yes and just not sent yet.

John

Coop1701
09-26-2017, 08:03 AM
JB Case came today... I really like it. I look like I can play even if I can't.

Thanks to all the people at JB Custom Cases.

dnixon
09-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Very nice enjoy your new case.

JB Cases
09-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Why do you hate making them? Because they are less padded?

Partially. They are just a pain in the butt to build.

cardiac kid
09-26-2017, 08:36 AM

Hey coop, did you get the case with the backpack option? Can not tell from the photo.

Lyn

Coop1701
09-26-2017, 09:53 AM
Hey coop, did you get the case with the backpack option? Can not tell from the photo.

Lyn

Nope.. Only one shoulder strap. But it appears be much better functioning than my original case.

johnnysd
09-26-2017, 09:58 AM

John,

Just sent an email over for a case quote. Asked for Rebound interior that I have in one case now, but would be open to other options. I would be willing to be the guinea pig/partial patron for the padded tubes option we discussed here and you said were considering.doing and had ideas for

TSW
09-26-2017, 02:29 PM

Nice! Enjoy it. The white trim really pops.

FYI - you can jury rig it into a backpack case by attaching another strap to the existing hooks. I did that with my early-model JB Rugged before they offered the backpack option.

Coop1701
09-27-2017, 07:11 AM
Nice! Enjoy it. The white trim really pops.

FYI - you can jury rig it into a backpack case by attaching another strap to the existing hooks. I did that with my early-model JB Rugged before they offered the backpack option.

I have to admit... I like how secure and protected my cues feel. The pockets are lined and very grippie. :) I know Grippie is not a word. Just sounds right. I'm very surprised and happy with it. I think it'll last me awhile.

johnnysd
10-06-2017, 01:35 PM

John, sent a request for a case quote. Can you look for it and get back to me. It was for a Dragon inspired case.

Celophanewrap
10-06-2017, 02:38 PM
You really can't go wrong with with the Rugged cases. Price-wise and quality-wise, not a
better case. I have 4. My favorites are the small ones, the 1 X 2. I just couldn't think of a
good reason why I needed to carry around anything bigger. The "one-by" is so much more
convenient and easier to carry and it doesn't weigh what seems like 100 lbs. Besides that
some pool player told me a while back that if you can't break and play with the same cue
you're doing something wrong. I'm not sure I agree entirely, but I don't have a rocket break
and only one cue plus extra shaft seems to work out great for me.
Love my "one-bys", need a couple more.

johnnysd
10-06-2017, 02:42 PM
You really can't go wrong with with the Rugged cases. Price-wise and quality-wise, not a
better case. I have 4. My favorites are the small ones, the 1 X 2. I just couldn't think of a
good reason why I needed to carry around anything bigger. The "one-by" is so much more
convenient and easier to carry and it doesn't weigh what seems like 100 lbs. Besides that
some pool player told me a while back that if you can't break and play with the same cue
you're doing something wrong. I'm not sure I agree entirely, but I don't have a rocket break
and only one cue plus extra shaft seems to work out great for me.
Love my "one-bys", need a couple more.

Well I think the cue will be fine breaking but it does tend to harden the tip a lot.

I have been considering going back to a 1x2 myself. When I play now, I have two cues to unload both with JPs, get my glove on, put out my Q Claw....20 years ago I just took out my cue from my 1x2 and was ready to play in 15 seconds

ChicagoRJ
10-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Still like mine :)