PDA

View Full Version : US Open 8Ball Final Shane/Alex

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Does anyone know where I can watch this match? I can't find a link anywhere.

Thanks!

garczar
08-09-2017, 03:55 AM
Does anyone know where I can watch this match? I can't find a link anywhere.

Thanks!CSI hasn't put it out yet. Since it was ppv it may be a while.

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 04:04 AM
Bummer. Hoped that a fan in attendance recorded it.

garczar
08-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Bummer. Hoped that a fan in attendance recorded it.That's(bootlegging) pretty much frowned on when its a ppv stream. Might even be illegal. If you were running a ppv stream would you allow someone to bootleg an event that's cost you $$ to set up and deliver? Probably not.

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 08:29 AM
That's(bootlegging) pretty much frowned on when its a ppv stream. Might even be illegal. If you were running a ppv stream would you allow someone to bootleg an event that's cost you $$ to set up and deliver? Probably not.

It might be illegal to record a match while you're at Griff's watching? I was unaware this was PPV first of all. Calm down pal, people facebook live portions of matches to convert into more PPV buys all the time. Don't have a heart attack, but they even record matches with a device called a "cellular phone"!:eek::eek: I sure hope you and your billiards police badge don't show up to arrest someone next time they "Illegally" record and share this match after the PPV and event is over or if it's not even PPV.
I said NOTHING about someone streaming or sharing this match during a PPV stream. It's been a couple weeks now and the match is OVER. I was hoping it was posted somewhere.

But hey. . . there's always that one guy that takes an innocent topic to the EXTREME, turns it into something absurd and goes overboard. That my friend is you today. Congratulations, you win the gold medal. Add it to the wall of others you've probably collected over the years with other posts you've went overboard with.

garczar
08-09-2017, 08:41 AM
It might be illegal to record a match while you're at Griff's watching? I was unaware this was PPV first of all. Calm down pal, people facebook live portions of matches to convert into more PPV buys all the time. Don't have a heart attack, but they even record matches with a device called a "cellular phone"!:eek::eek: I sure hope you and your billiards police badge don't show up to arrest someone next time they "Illegally" record and share this match after the PPV and event is over or if it's not even PPV.
I said NOTHING about someone streaming or sharing this match during a PPV stream. It's been a couple weeks now and the match is OVER. I was hoping it was posted somewhere.

But hey. . . there's always that one guy that takes an innocent topic to the EXTREME, turns it into something absurd and goes overboard. That my friend is you today. Congratulations, you win the gold medal. Add it to the wall of others you've probably collected over the years with other posts you've went overboard with.Relax there sparky. While the matches were going on CSI made sure no one was doing their own thing. A copy could still hit YT. BTW, you're giving me honorary badge and a gold medal? Wow, i'm touched.

donuteric
08-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I was there. They prohibited live streaming but seemed to be ok with recording. I didn't record it though. I attempted to live stream the final rack but was politely told not to do so.

And yes, it'd probably take them a while before the video is uploaded to youtube.

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Relax there sparky. While the matches were going on CSI made sure no one was doing their own thing. A copy could still hit YT. BTW, you're giving me honorary badge and a gold medal? Wow, i'm touched.

Once they are done counting a the cash they raked in on all the events I'm sure they'll get around to posting it on their YouTube channel.

Yes sir! You're very welcome for the medal. LOL. :thumbup:

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 09:04 AM
I was there. They prohibited live streaming but seemed to be ok with recording. I didn't record it though. I attempted to live stream the final rack but was politely told not to do so.

And yes, it'd probably take them a while before the video is uploaded to youtube.

How was the atmosphere of the room? From when SVB had the lead & everyone thought he was skating to victory then all the way until the comeback win? I bet it was a sight to see!

gxman
08-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Was it winner break or alt break?

garczar
08-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Hey NV, not trying to wage war here but there were links to the CSI streams(pro and amateur) on both the main page and the streaming forum. You may have been sick, on vacation, whatever but if you WERE on AZ for those two weeks it was kinda hard not to see all the links and updates. I do know someone who caught the last 8 games but they're going to want way more than a badge and a medal to send it. Chill my man, all good.

westcoast
08-09-2017, 09:18 AM
How was the atmosphere of the room? From when SVB had the lead & everyone thought he was skating to victory then all the way until the comeback win? I bet it was a sight to see!

I was there watching very close to the action (a friend and I got there at 11 am to start watching the matches that day).

The atmosphere was great. It went from everybody thinking Shane was going to run away with it to thinking that Alex was going to win a few sympathy games to people thinking he actually had a chance to a huge collective gasp when Shane scratched on the break in the final rack to astonishment when Alex ran the last rack out.

I am still very surprised that Alex won that match. It took Shane to make some uncharacteristic errors (for example, he missed a 3 ball that he would make 99% of the time when he was up 8-4 and he almost never scratches on the break) and Alex to play perfect. I look forward to watching it again once CSI releases it on youtube.

On a related note, I don't think they ever released the video of Rodney Morris' near equally astonishing comeback against Dennis Orcullo several years ago in the US Open 10 ball. I wonder why that video was never posted. I would really like to see that match.

garczar
08-09-2017, 09:30 AM
I was there watching very close to the action (a friend and I got there at 11 am to start watching the matches that day).

The atmosphere was great. It went from everybody thinking Shane was going to run away with it to thinking that Alex was going to win a few sympathy games to people thinking he actually had a chance to a huge collective gasp when Shane scratched on the break in the final rack to astonishment when Alex ran the last rack out.

I am still very surprised that Alex won that match. It took Shane to make some uncharacteristic errors (for example, he missed a 3 ball that he would make 99% of the time when he was up 8-4 and he almost never scratches on the break) and Alex to play perfect. I look forward to watching it again once CSI releases it on youtube.

On a related note, I don't think they ever released the video of Rodney Morris' near equally astonishing comeback against Dennis Orcullo several years ago in the US Open 10 ball. I wonder why that video was never posted. I would really like to see that match.2013. The Rocket was WAAAAAAY behind and came back to win. Tried to find it also and no luck.

terryhanna
08-09-2017, 09:34 AM
2013. The Rocket was WAAAAAAY behind and came back to win. Tried to find it also and no luck.
Supposedly they had some issue with the recording and that video file was lost.

I saw that match live it was an amazing comeback from Rodney for sure.

NV Rail Wrecker
08-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Hey NV, not trying to wage war here but there were links to the CSI streams(pro and amateur) on both the main page and the streaming forum. You may have been sick, on vacation, whatever but if you WERE on AZ for those two weeks it was kinda hard not to see all the links and updates. I do know someone who caught the last 8 games but they're going to want way more than a badge and a medal to send it. Chill my man, all good.

I did keep up with most of the updates/links/matches and I watched a lot of them. I wasn't able to watch the finals because I was busy at the time. I was only able to check the Facebook scoring on cue news 4 you here and there. Obviously I wasn't able to watch the match, but I can't wait until they post it.

Cornerman
08-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Generally, about 6 months. And you did the right thing by asking!

What I am discouraged about at this moment is that all the video of you playing as well as all the amateurs at the Rio are not on Youtube anymore from the CSI stream. That really is disappointing. From an 8-ball standpoint, it was some of the best 8-ball commentary available, IMNSHO.

I'm hoping that's a temporary thing ,for whatever reason.

Freddie <~~~ biased

Cornerman
08-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Was it winner break or alt break?

Alternating

hang-the-9
08-09-2017, 10:58 AM

What I am discouraged about at this moment is that all the video of you playing as well as all the amateurs at the Rio are not on Youtube anymore from the CSI stream. That really is disappointing. From an 8-ball standpoint, it was some of the best 8-ball commentary available, IMNSHO.

Freddie <~~~ biased

What amazes me most about commentators is the ability to say "it's the pressure, nerves, etc.." when covering for bad players when everyone watching knows they are just bad players LOL

gxman
08-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Alternating

It was 9-4 Shane.

So maybe 2-3 dry breaks by Shane afterwards for Alex to get even.

donuteric
08-09-2017, 01:26 PM
It was 9-4 Shane.

IIRC, it was 8-4 Shane before things turned around for Alex. Shane had a really tough layout in one of the 4 racks and made a couple mistakes to let Alex come back to 8-8 before he managed to get on the hill first.

BRussell
08-09-2017, 01:28 PM

Freddie <~~~ biased

Yeah I just checked one of my friend's videos and it's gone. I actually suggested that she download it to have it in case it disappeared, but she said she didn't need to because the commentators told her it would be there forever. :rolleyes: :p

donuteric
08-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Freddie <~~~ biased

Oh, I didn't realize the video was deleted. Probably not so bad considering my poor performance. Fun times for an average amateur player like myself. :thumbup:

Cornerman
08-09-2017, 01:37 PM
It was 9-4 Shane.

8-4 Shane.

Two odd rack openings by Shane, and a scratch on the final break did him in, but that makes it sound too sterile. It was about as amazing as it gets.

Freddie

Cornerman
08-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Yeah I just checked one of my friend's videos and it's gone. I actually suggested that she download it to have it in case it disappeared, but she said she didn't need to because the commentators told her it would be there forever. :rolleyes: :p

That's what the commentator told her, word for word....

Freddie <~~~ should have chosen better words

pt109
08-09-2017, 01:44 PM
While you're all waiting....some soothing music..

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj0y8r6gcvVAhVi5oMKHaPaBiMQyCkIKzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeI UQn9a7xAs&usg=AFQjCNHoPlgoR8g12SChKo0j_cpDmtuXiQ

donuteric
08-09-2017, 01:52 PM

It's like they always say, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. :thumbup:

GideonF
08-09-2017, 02:10 PM
What amazes me most about commentators is the ability to say "it's the pressure, nerves, etc.." when covering for bad players when everyone watching knows they are just bad players LOL

I would like to see you (or anyone else) shoot on a live stream and see if you think you shoot up to your potential. Of course none of the amateurs (on their best day in dead stroke) play like SVB or Alex (on their worst days), but I don't think it is fair to discount the pressure of playing in an event like that and being on the stream. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even hit the end rail on a live stream (whereas I can sometimes do so off-stream).

BRussell
08-09-2017, 07:09 PM

They're back up on YouTube and nicely titled now.

Black-Balled
08-09-2017, 07:47 PM
I did keep up with most of the updates/links/matches and I watched a lot of them. I wasn't able to watch the finals because I was busy at the time. I was only able to check the Facebook scoring on cue news 4 you here and there. Obviously I wasn't able to watch the match, but I can't wait until they post it.

You have to wait. Not asking.

Black-Balled
08-09-2017, 07:49 PM

I have crumbled on the stream.:sad:

pt109
08-09-2017, 09:15 PM

But it is most often pressure, nerves, etc...
Did you ever see some of the dumb answers on quiz shows.....
....many of them have the same reason....they aren't professional entertainers.

hang-the-9
08-10-2017, 06:12 AM
I would like to see you (or anyone else) shoot on a live stream and see if you think you shoot up to your potential. Of course none of the amateurs (on their best day in dead stroke) play like SVB or Alex (on their worst days), but I don't think it is fair to discount the pressure of playing in an event like that and being on the stream. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even hit the end rail on a live stream (whereas I can sometimes do so off-stream).

Yes that is a good stock answer "see if you can do it". I've played in tournament finals with a lot of people watching, including people that specifically walked over to sit near us, and on live stream during the Joss tour and some other matches. So yes, I know what it's like to be watched while playing. And yes I played the same I usually do. In the Joss event, the only reason I lost was the guy broke in three 9 balls in the match while using the magic rack (2 kicked in the side pocket and one down table), I was the only player to break and run a rack.

There are some shots you can miss because of nerves, but when it takes 2-3-4 shots on each ball, that goes beyond that. Nice political correct answer, but some players are just bad, and I find it amusing to listen to the commentary during those matches. There is missing, and then there is missing by a diamond and hardly ever getting position for the next ball.

Cornerman
08-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Yes that is a good stock answer "see if you can do it". I've played in tournament finals with a lot of people watching, including people that specifically walked over to sit near us, and on live stream during the Joss tour and some other matches. So yes, I know what it's like to be watched while playing. And yes I played the same I usually do. In the Joss event, the only reason I lost was the guy broke in three 9 balls in the match while using the magic rack (2 kicked in the side pocket and one down table), I was the only player to break and run a rack.

There are some shots you can miss because of nerves, but when it takes 2-3-4 shots on each ball, that goes beyond that. Nice political correct answer, but some players are just bad, and I find it amusing to listen to the commentary during those matches. There is missing, and then there is missing by a diamond and hardly ever getting position for the next ball. Careful, bud. Michele Jiang also looked at times like crap in her streamed match with Thorsten. Streamed matches under those lights with cameras and stands affected all the players, including at least one poster on this thread.

Three time 2017 National Champion Joey T from Australia, she looked terrible at times and admitted feeling the nerves. and she's a hell of a player!