PDA

View Full Version : Snooker players stance

8ballr
08-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Why do snooker players look like total tarts with their stance?
Check it out lol.
https://youtu.be/5mEcD8QSDaE?t=2h4m33s

Fenwick
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Ronnies is ok...but you look at selby, potts or other snooker players they look like total tarts the way they stand. Why is that?

"Total tarts." Define tarts please. I'm guessing you mean developmentally disabled? Not nice!!! You sir struck a nerve.

Black-Balled
08-10-2017, 08:04 PM
"Total tarts." Define tarts please. I'm guessing you mean developmentally disabled? Not nice!!! You sir struck a nerve.

I thought tarts were hot sluts. Disappointing, after all these years

O'SulliReyes
08-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Ronnies is ok...but you look at selby, potts or other snooker players they look like total tarts the way they stand. Why is that?

https://youtu.be/5mEcD8QSDaE?t=2h4m19s

The snooker stance provides better alignment and hence greater accuracy because it "locks in" the relevant body parts and allows better sighting down the shot.

As far as how the snooker players look like when they are down on the shot goes, they are far from what you think they look like. For me that stance reflects the game of snooker--elegant and classy. I would rather play with a snooker stance in some backwater pool hall and be told I look like a "total tart" (whatever that means) than that upright pool stance (gasp) those old-timers use.

8ballr
08-10-2017, 08:29 PM
The snooker stance provides better alignment and hence greater accuracy because it "locks in" the relevant body parts and allows better sighting down the shot.

As far as how the snooker players look like when they are down on the shot goes, they are far from what you think they look like. For me that stance reflects the game of snooker--elegant and classy. I would rather adopt a snooker stance and be told I look like a "total tart" (whatever that means) than that upright pool stance (gasp) those old-timers use.

I wouldn't...and if their stance is so good why do snooker players constantly lose to pool players? Also...today's pros are sound fundamentally...not like the old days.

Dave-Kat
08-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Just another tossin' that Chum. Perhaps you can tell us how to stand to pot some shots ?

-Late,

mikepage
08-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Check it out lol.

Generously assuming this is not a troll....

I will make two points.

(1) It is pretty clear a snooker stance (feet "square" to the table), and a pool stance (rear foot angled back) both work.

(2) If you watch a pool player who needs to bend far over the table to reach for a shot, you will see the "pool" footing give way to the "snooker" footing. It is entirely possible the snooker preference evolved as a consequence of play on a larger table with more reaching going on.

8ballr
08-10-2017, 09:37 PM

I will make two points.

(1) It is pretty clear a snooker stance (feet "square" to the table), and a pool stance (rear foot angled back) both work.

(2) If you watch a pool player who needs to bend far over the table to reach for a shot, you will see the "pool" footing give way to the "snooker" footing. It is entirely possible the snooker preference evolved as a consequence of play on a larger table with more reaching going on.

Ya maybe...whatever the reason it certainly looks funny. :grin:

9Ballr
08-10-2017, 09:47 PM

It's a way to say retard, re-tarts.

Just move along. Nothing to see here. Don't feed the trolls.
Let the guy be as retarded himself as he wants to.

WVShootist
08-11-2017, 12:26 AM

As far as how the snooker players look like when they are down on the shot goes, they are far from what you think they look like. For me that stance reflects the game of snooker--elegant and classy. I would rather play with a snooker stance in some backwater pool hall and be told I look like a "total tart" (whatever that means) than that upright pool stance (gasp) those old-timers use.

I can assure you, you will never be called a 'total tart' in a backwoods pool venue. LOL Maybe a plethora of other things but the day I see a guy with a PBR in his hand wearing a Molly Hatchet t-shirt going around calling someone 'tarts' is the day I laugh myself into bodily malfunctions.

8ballr
08-11-2017, 03:29 AM
It's a way to say retard, re-tarts.

Just move along. Nothing to see here. Don't feed the trolls.
Let the guy be as retarded himself as he wants to.

hey 9ballr lol....wanna switch names? Anyway look up the meaning of tart...not tard.

Just another tossin' that Chum. Perhaps you can tell us how to stand to pot some shots ?

-Late,

I was watching the match with Selby and noticed his "tarty" looking stance...I have always thought snooker players looked funny when they shoot so I started a topic on it. I thought fellow pool players would enjoy it...especially since snooker players tend to snub their nose at us, our fundamentals, our game - even though they always lose to us. Remember, even the greatest snooker players have failed to have any success in pool. Maybe I should post this in the snooker forum instead.

BeiberLvr
08-11-2017, 03:44 AM
I wouldn't...and if their stance is so good why do snooker players constantly lose to pool players? Also...today's pros are sound fundamentally...not like the old days.

HAHA Don't make me laugh. Please!

These tarts are making millions and driving Ferraris while your heroes are hoping the next tournament they enter will actually have the money to pay them if they win a measly $5,000 for 1st place.

8ballr
08-11-2017, 03:50 AM

-Late,

HAHA Don't make me laugh. Please!

These tarts are making millions and driving Ferraris while your heroes are hoping the next tournament they enter will actually have the money to pay them if they win a measly $5,000 for 1st place.

Doesn't make it any less tarty sorry.

BeiberLvr
08-11-2017, 04:01 AM
Doesn't make it any less tarty sorry.

I'd rather be a rich tart than poor. Sorry.

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Wow his turn around is quick,how many profiles can this guy make

The screen names he chooses should be an indicator to whoever activates them

The fact he put this in the snooker section to further stirr up the pot is a clear whom it is

8ballr
08-11-2017, 04:17 AM
I'd rather be a rich tart than poor. Sorry.
Still doesn't make the stance look any less funny.

HaroldWilson
08-11-2017, 04:28 AM

Because they are Professional Snooker Players not Professional Pool Players. Their time is dedicated to snooker, a pool players time is dedicated to pool. That is why Professional Pool Players always lose to Professional Snooker Players at snooker. Similarly, Professional Table Tennis Players constantly lose to Professional Tennis Players at tennis and Professional Tennis Players constantly lose to Professional Table Tennis Players at Table Tennis.....

8ballr
08-11-2017, 04:43 AM
Because they are Professional Snooker Players not Professional Pool Players. Their time is dedicated to snooker, a pool players time is dedicated to pool. That is why Professional Pool Players always lose to Professional Snooker Players at snooker. Similarly, Professional Table Tennis Players constantly lose to Professional Tennis Players at tennis and Professional Tennis Players constantly lose to Professional Table Tennis Players at Table Tennis.....

Ya but snooker players put a big target on their backs when it comes to pool because they have an arrogance about them. I played a snooker player in an 8 ball tournament...brought his one piece snooker cue in a big box as if to say our equipment wasn't good enough for him lol...took forever to get down on the shot...being all methodical lol...its funny.They think they can just waltz over to pool and dominate but get their ass handed to them all the time. It would be liike a pro pool player going to snooker and expecting to dominate...aint happening.

BeiberLvr
08-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Ya but snooker players put a big target on their backs when it comes to pool because they have an arrogance about them. I played a snooker player in an 8 ball tournament...brought his one piece snooker cue in a big box as if to say our equipment wasn't good enough for him lol...took forever to get down on the shot...being all methodical lol...its funny.They think they can just waltz over to pool and dominate but get their ass handed to them all the time. It would be liike a pro pool player going to snooker and expecting to dominate...aint happening.

lol yea right name a time when a crappy pool player beat a real snooker player?

efren and his goofy tart stroke wouldn't stand a chance against selby

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:00 AM

an arrogance about snooker players?

how about the 8 ball players like you who always post this crap

what else is he supposed to transport his one piece cue in?

8ballr
08-11-2017, 05:12 AM

how about the 8 ball players like you who always post this crap

what else is he supposed to transport his one piece cue in?

I knew it was just a matter of time before the resident "troll" hunter just had to chime in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzFyVHUv-M4

:)

Black-Balled
08-11-2017, 05:23 AM
I can assure you, you will never be called a 'total tart' in a backwoods pool venue. LOL Maybe a plethora of other things but the day I see a guy with a PBR in his hand wearing a Molly Hatchet t-shirt going around calling someone 'tarts' is the day I laugh myself into bodily malfunctions.

Molly hathet is pretty damn good. I never partkcularly cared for southern rock, but in the last 5 yrs or so, i bav begun to like some of it

Apparently, the singer (not original) went to hi school with me (and dick cheney's daughter;)).

Black-Balled
08-11-2017, 05:24 AM
I knew it was just a matter of time before the resident "troll" hunter just had to chime in.

If you arent that idiot, michael riddick, you are undoubibitibally related to her.

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:25 AM

self admitting his trollings
we see this shit every week now
getting old

garczar
08-11-2017, 05:30 AM
I asked this same thing is the Ask an Instructor section and got quite a few non-comical responses. I've tried the full-on square and its just painful to me. I was linked to a snooker forum that has some great instruction and i found a not-so-severe stance that works fine. Kind of a part pool-part snooker style. Here's the snooker site: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/forums/11-Coaching-Questions Great site for all things snooker.

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:31 AM
whats wrong with just doing whats comfortable for you, and shoot

Black-Balled
08-11-2017, 05:33 AM
self admitting his trollings
we see this shit every week now
getting old

It really is a shame that so many 'new' people are singing the same butt hurt song and causing such friction on what is the greatest pool gathering in the world.

Oh, and they all have full green? I wish we could see the feedback rec'd. That would give great info aboujt all the ids that might be the same person.

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:38 AM
It really is a shame that so many 'new' people are singing the same butt hurt song and causing such friction on what is the greatest pool gathering in the world.

Oh, and they all have full green? I wish we could see the feedback rec'd. That would give great info aboujt all the ids that might be the same person.

this is the single greatest online billiard forum, but we cant stop bickering among ourselves,

also the short lived trolls, always going after snooker players,
the insecurity is sad

8ballr
08-11-2017, 05:44 AM
also the short lived trolls, always going after snooker players,
the insecurity is sad

How many are snooker players?

Year Winner
2016 United States Shane Van Boening (5)
2015 Chinese Taipei Cheng Yu-hsuan
2014 United States Shane Van Boening (4)
2013 United States Shane Van Boening (3)
2012 United States Shane Van Boening (2)
2011 England Darren Appleton (2)
2010 England Darren Appleton
2009 Finland Mika Immonen (2)
2008 Finland Mika Immonen
2007 United States Shane Van Boening
2006 United States John Schmidt
2005 CanadaPhilippines Alex Pagulayan
2004 United States Gabe Owen
2003 United States Jeremy Jones
2002 Germany Ralf Souquet
2001 United States Corey Deuel
2000 United States Earl Strickland (5)
1999 United States Johnny Archer
1998 United States Buddy Hall (2)
1997 United States Earl Strickland (4)
1996 United States Rodney Morris
1995 United States Reed Pierce
1994 Philippines Efren Reyes
1993 United States Earl Strickland (3)
1992 United States Tommy Kennedy
1991 United States Buddy Hall
1990 United States Nick Varner (2)
1989 United States Nick Varner
1988 Puerto Rico Mike Lebrón
1987 United States Earl Strickland (2)
1986 United States David Howard AKA Squirrel
1985 United States Jimmy Reid
1984 United States Earl Strickland
1983 United States Mike Sigel (3)
1982 United States David Howard
1981 United States Allen Hopkins
1980 United States Mike Sigel (2)
1979 United States Louie Roberts
1978 United States Steve Mizerak
1977 United States Allen Hopkins
1976 United States Mike Sigel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Open_9-Ball_Championships#Men.27s_Division

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:46 AM
yawn,,,, im just here to see how long it takes them to ban you this time

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 05:47 AM
I asked this same thing is the Ask an Instructor section and got quite a few non-comical responses. I've tried the full-on square and its just painful to me. I was linked to a snooker forum that has some great instruction and i found a not-so-severe stance that works fine. Kind of a part pool-part snooker style. Here's the snooker site: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/forums/11-Coaching-Questions Great site for all things snooker.

thanks for the link!

8ballr
08-11-2017, 05:48 AM
yawn,,,, im just here to see how long it takes them to ban you this time

If anyone should be banned its you...you are actually the troll around here. You will continue to flame this topic under the guise of "troll hunting" when in reality that is a form of trolling itself.

Black-Balled
08-11-2017, 05:50 AM
If anyone should be banned its you.

Why? You 'just got here' and you are already insulting people and initiating friction.

8ballr
08-11-2017, 05:55 AM
Why? You 'just got here' and you are already insulting people and initiating friction.

and right on cue...the tag team is here looking to start a flame war. I suspect that Black-Balled and Beneath_the_sur are one and the same...they always work in tandem. Let's try an experiment. I will not post again in this topic, and lets see how long they can flame it without me adding fuel to the fire.

WVShootist
08-11-2017, 06:10 AM
Molly hathet is pretty damn good. I never partkcularly cared for southern rock, but in the last 5 yrs or so, i bav begun to like some of it

Apparently, the singer (not original) went to hi school with me (and dick cheney's daughter;)).

Oh, I like Molly Hatchet as well--just having grown up in backwoods bars, I can't imagine 'tart' being used as an insult. haha

Black-Balled
08-11-2017, 06:35 AM
and right on cue...the tag team is here looking to start a flame war. I suspect that Black-Balled and Beneath_the_sur are one and the same...they always work in tandem. Let's try an experiment. I will not post again in this topic, and lets see how long they can flame it without me adding fuel to the fire.

Nice try, tart.

dr_dave
08-11-2017, 07:03 AM
Why do snooker players look like total tarts with their stance?A classical snooker stance does offer some advantages, as described on the snooker stance resource page (http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/stance.html#snooker). Here's a pertinent excerpt:

A snooker stance is more "open" than a pool stance, and more weight is placed on the planted foot closest to the grip hand (e.g., the right foot for a right-handed player). An open stance can allow your head to be more square to the shot with less neck twisting. This can make it easier to get the head lower with the chin directly over the cue, which can make aiming and sighting more consistent and accurate (for more info, see the low stance resource page (http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/stance.html#low)). This is especially important on a snooker table, which is large with small pockets. The open stance also allows you to use your standard stance when your body is up against the table, which can happen a lot on large snooker tables. The open stance also allows one to use the chest and chin to help constrain and guide the cue. This is helpful to make sure the alignment and stroke are true during warm-up strokes and during the final forward stroke. Any swoop in the stroke would be immediately noticeable, and the chin guide can also prevent the swoop from happening in the first place (assuming the head is still).

Regards,
Dave

Ghosst
08-11-2017, 07:05 AM

It is.

Pool players are a little different though and for the most part we will try to help anyone who asks. On most boards he'd have been banned a long time ago and in the meantime no one would reply to his inane topics.

Unfortunately most children are now raised by each other and the internet. Their parents are too overworked and can't discipline them. The kids get a trophy just for showing up so they have no idea how to act like grown ups. They are missing a large part of that world knowledge that most take for granted.

For them this is their entertainment. They think that trolling is funny and that we are somehow bending to their "devious" trickery. Sadly for them, we're just helpful. We help most people. We offered help to the original Ram-Shot.

I've known you since RSB Mike, so I know you don't get bent out of shape over these things. But, for the rest, when you see something like, "Hey, snooker players are silly!" don't get mad at it. It's obvious this poor kid needs attention but I'm all out of participation awards so he'll have to starve.

If he ever wins even a $10 tournament I'm sure he'll show up, pleased as punch as if he actually accomplished something and tell us all how we should play.

mchnhed
08-11-2017, 08:40 AM
.....especially since snooker players tend to snub their nose at us, our fundamentals, our game - even though they always lose to us.
Remember, even the greatest snooker players have failed to have any success in pool.

if their stance is so good why do snooker players constantly lose to pool players?
Question: Have any Modern American Pool Players ever crossed over to playing Snooker and been very good at it in terms of Tournaments?

mchnhed
08-11-2017, 09:07 AM
It really is a shame that so many 'new' people are singing the same butt hurt song and causing such friction.
Oh. and they all have full green?
I wish we could see the feedback rec'd.
That would give great info aboujt all the id's that might be the same person.

how about the 8 ball players like you who always post this crap.

yawn,,,, im just here to see how long it takes them to ban you this time.

and right on cue...the tag team is here looking to start a flame war. I suspect that Black-Balled and Beneath_the_sur are one and the same...they always work in tandem.

They think that trolling is funny and that we are somehow bending to their "devious" trickery. Sadly for them, we're just helpful. We help most people. We offered help to the original Ram-Shot.
I've long suspected that Ram Shot, Beneatn_the_Sur, Black-Balled, Pool Chump and ThePoolKillers were one in the same!

Ghosst
08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
I've long suspected that Ram Shot, Beneatn_the_Sur, Black-Balled, Pool Chump and ThePoolKillers were one in the same!

You used the wrong account to reply with; you're supposed to be 8ballr in this thread.

Ekojasiloop
08-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Call him a troll all you want, but it's true. Pool players look cool when they are at the table, and snooker players look like they just came out of a gay night club.

mchnhed
08-11-2017, 09:41 AM
You used the wrong account to reply with; you're supposed to be 8ballr in this thread.
Thanks Ghoost.
Haven't had my coffee yet.

Texas Carom Club
08-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Call him a troll all you want, but it's true. Pool players look cool when they are at the table, and snooker players look like they just came out of a gay night club.

murica....

hang-the-9
08-11-2017, 09:58 AM
I only had to start using my Ignore list in the last year or so in the 10 years I've been a member. Whoever this (these) person is from, I'd avoid the water there, there is some chemical issues there that look to cause brain defects.

GideonF
08-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Question: Have any Modern American Pool Players ever crossed over to playing Snooker and been very good at it in terms of Tournaments?

I don't think so. I know the Miz played some exhibition matches in a combined pool/snooker format. The closest is probably Alex Pagulayan (Canadian not American, of course) who tried to get his tour card and fell one match short. Corey also tried for his card twice.

On the other hand, in 2000, Steve Davis, past his prime as a snooker player had a good run at the world 9b championships, knocking Efren out of the event. Tony Drago has also had some success in the pool world. Tony (who was never in the top of the snooker world) has a FargoRating of 759, which puts him just under Jesse Bowman and Josh Roberts. And that, of course, ignores Allison Fisher, Karen Corr and Julie Kelly, all of whom came from snooker and who have had more than a little success at pool.

Pt109 would know more, I'm sure..

mchnhed
08-11-2017, 11:52 AM
I only had to start using my Ignore list in the last year or so in the 10 years I've been a member.
Whoever this (these) person is from, I'd avoid the water there, there is some chemical issues there that look to cause brain defects.
Fluoridation!
During the 1950s and 1960s, conspiracy theorists claimed that fluoridation was a communist plot to undermine American public health.

Now we know better.
or do we???

pt109
08-11-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't think so. I know the Miz played some exhibition matches in a combined pool/snooker format. The closest is probably Alex Pagulayan (Canadian not American, of course) who tried to get his tour card and fell one match short. Corey also tried for his card twice.

On the other hand, in 2000, Steve Davis, past his prime as a snooker player had a good run at the world 9b championships, knocking Efren out of the event. Tony Drago has also had some success in the pool world. Tony (who was never in the top of the snooker world) has a FargoRating of 759, which puts him just under Jesse Bowman and Josh Roberts. And that, of course, ignores Allison Fisher, Karen Corr and Julie Kelly, all of whom came from snooker and who have had more than a little success at pool.

Pt109 would know more, I'm sure..

Jim Rempe was the most successful cross-over that I know of...his first match on British
soile he beat john Rae, who was the current pro Scottish champion at that time.
Jim won many matches over there, but retired when he felt he wouldn't achieve what he
done at pool.....the last time he played Mario Morra, Jim won.

But if we go farther back in time....when UK snooker players were still playing for chump
change....there were a few American pool players who played great snooker, albeit on
fasrter cloth and a slightly bigger ball and on tougher pockets.
Sam Blumenthal, Dick Huntzinger, Freddy Salem played on 5x10s but I may have bet on
if a British pro played them on those tables....Cowboy Jimmy Moore was probably the
best 6x12 player until Denny Searcy took up the game...I would've bet on Searcy against
anybody in the world on the 6x12 at Cochran's in Frisco...very tight pockets.

For those who think 'chin on cue' and ash and brass is the only way to go, they never saw
Jimmy Moore make long shots on a big table with his same pool style...and a maple cue.

Ronnie Allen played just a level below these guys,,,and he broke a lot of snooker players.

As for the modern 'square stance' at snooker, I still prefer Joe Davis' "boxer" stance....

I just don't see anything wrong with it....the defenders of the square stance say that it
stops sideways movement....but you could starve to death waiting to see Joe Davis
flinch sideways.

garczar
08-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Call him a troll all you want, but it's true. Pool players look cool when they are at the table, and snooker players look like they just came out of a gay night club.Now THAT's funny.

pt109
08-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Now THAT's funny.

It's also true....:)

HaroldWilson
08-11-2017, 01:35 PM
How many are snooker players?

Year Winner
2016 United States Shane Van Boening (5)
2015 Chinese Taipei Cheng Yu-hsuan
2014 United States Shane Van Boening (4)
2013 United States Shane Van Boening (3)
2012 United States Shane Van Boening (2)
2011 England Darren Appleton (2)
2010 England Darren Appleton
2009 Finland Mika Immonen (2)
2008 Finland Mika Immonen
2007 United States Shane Van Boening
2006 United States John Schmidt
2005 CanadaPhilippines Alex A pagulayan
2004 United States Gabe Owen
2003 United States Jeremy Jones
2002 Germany Ralf Souquet
2001 United States Corey Deuel
2000 United States Earl Strickland (5)
1999 United States Johnny Archer
1998 United States Buddy Hall (2)
1997 United States Earl Strickland (4)
1996 United States Rodney Morris
1995 United States Reed Pierce
1994 Philippines Efren Reyes
1993 United States Earl Strickland (3)
1992 United States Tommy Kennedy
1991 United States Buddy Hall
1990 United States Nick Varner (2)
1989 United States Nick Varner
1988 Puerto Rico Mike Lebrón
1987 United States Earl Strickland (2)
1986 United States David Howard AKA Squirrel
1985 United States Jimmy Reid
1984 United States Earl Strickland
1983 United States Mike Sigel (3)
1982 United States David Howard
1981 United States Allen Hopkins
1980 United States Mike Sigel (2)
1979 United States Louie Roberts
1978 United States Steve Mizerak
1977 United States Allen Hopkins
1976 United States Mike Sigel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Open_9-Ball_Championships#Men.27s_Division

Appleton comes from a snooker background
Mika also does and has had over 300 centuries
Alex Pagulayan has been Canadian snooker champion and entered cue school to try and get on the Pro tour.
Cory Dual also tried to get on the Pro snooker tour.

These four all have snooker backgrounds and could be classed as snooker players as well as pool players which isn't bad for the US Open.

Outside of these Melling, Mark Gray, Peach, Majid, Drago where all professional snooker players. Most recently Vinnie Calabrese made the last eight in the US Open 8ball after just coming across from snooker. Jason Shaw was a snooker player, the top women's pool players were mostly snooker players, a lot of the European players over the years competing in the Mosconi cup were all snooker players originally or taught snooker fundermentals. Most clubs across Europe have snooker tables.

The USA team has won once against the European players in the past ten years at the Mosconi Cup https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosconi_Cup That is 9-1 in favour of European teams made up largely of ex snooker players against USA teams.

Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures. Evan Esar

Fenwick
08-11-2017, 05:12 PM
.................................................. ....

garczar
08-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Great. Now it's turned into gay bashing.Relax there sparky. Pretty sure it was a joke.

9Ballr
08-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Great. Now it's turned into gay bashing.

Oh yea......such bashing.....all that bashing.....amazing homo bashing.....oops I mean gay bashing.

As typical the social warriors eventually come out of the.... woods...

Ekojasiloop
08-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Great. Now it's turned into gay bashing.

Well, you're right to some extent, and I didn't mean to offend the gay community. God forbid, I would never want a gay person to feel they look as lame as a snooker player does in his stance. I'm sorry to have offended any gays, but I'm not sorry that snooker players don't look cool when they shoot.

BeiberLvr
08-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Well, you're right to some extent, and I didn't mean to offend the gay community. God forbid, I would never want a gay person to feel they look as lame as a snooker player does in his stance. I'm sorry to have offended any gays, but I'm not sorry that snooker players don't look cool when they shoot.

Still rather be rich and look "gay" then poor and look "cool"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/588285/Judd-Trump-Snooker-girls

pt109
08-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Well, the modern snooker stance does look 'affected' to me....
....kinda like the French swordsman styles of yore....

But a Japanese Kendo practioner told me that the 17th French swordsmen were as good
as the Samurai...so whether it makes me chuckle or not...they could walk the walk.....
...and so can those snooker players.

But I still prefer Ronnie the Rocket's approach....unaffected.

gregcantrall
08-12-2017, 05:58 AM
One advantage to an open stance is that it gives a wider base to the tripod of the feet and bridge hand.

garczar
08-12-2017, 06:00 AM
Well, the modern snooker stance does look 'affected' to me....
....kinda like the French swordsman styles of yore....

But a Japanese Kendo practioner told me that the 17th French swordsmen were as good
as the Samurai...so whether it makes me chuckle or not...they could walk the walk.....
...and so can those snooker players.

But I still prefer Ronnie the Rocket's approach....unaffected.A Samurai would chop that snail-eater in half with his katana.

garczar
08-12-2017, 06:03 AM
Still rather be rich and look "gay" then poor and look "cool"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/588285/Judd-Trump-Snooker-girlsYou're quoting the Daily Star? The NationalEnquirer is more factual than that rag.

gregcantrall
08-12-2017, 06:06 AM

I think it looks real Cool:cool: when new players try to put both feet on the shot line, like they are on a tightrope.

pt109
08-12-2017, 06:53 AM
A Samurai would chop that snail-eater in half with his katana.

And vice versa with his sword....the French, like the Oreintals, were sophisticated....
...they had a detailed knowledge of offence and defence.
The billiard games have still to catch up....3-cushion is leading the pack...IMO.

garczar
08-12-2017, 06:57 AM
And vice versa with his sword....the French, like the Oreintals, were sophisticated....
...they had a detailed knowledge of offence and defence.
The billiard games have still to catch up....3-cushion is leading the pack...IMO.
Tough to be sophisticated when you're missing an arm. ;)

pt109
08-12-2017, 07:18 AM
Tough to be sophisticated when you're missing an arm. ;)

There's a WWII story about a Storm Trooper fighting a Sherpa (who were also formidable
swordsmen)....they were out of ammo....the German charged with his bayonet.....
....the Sherpa slashed with his razor-sharp saber....Hans says "We both missed."
...the Sherpa said "Just shake your head and you'll find out."

....what's this got to do with snooker?...well, the Sherpas come from the Subcontinent...
....where snooker got it's name.

FuManchu
08-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Look at the way this guy posts. I guarantee you that this is BRAGS back to troll some more. Someone get the mods in here to boot this moron before he takes over the entire forum again with his nonsense.

alstl
08-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Check it out lol.

Why do 3 cushion billiard players go hours on end without ever pocketing a ball?

trob
08-13-2017, 03:32 AM

They do waltz over and dominate when ever they decide to play. But why would they? The money is in snooker not our game. If our pool players our so much more superior why is they can't get on the snooker tour. they can't even come close when they try to qualify. Believe me with the money thats in snooker they would play if they could.

I switched to a snooker stroke and its the best thing I ever did. Maybe you should give it a try and it My elevate you from and Apa 3 to an Apa 4!! That would be something wouldn't it!! You might even get more fancy Apa patches to collect!!